RB Sports Discussion > Monday Morning Quarterback

The South's Finest Pralines

(1/1)

twistitup:
If we are going to do it...let's do it right. A basket of Prailines (possibly in the shape of a Razorback) beside each cash register as an impulse buy. If I'm already dropping 20+ on food and drinks - I can't turn down the creamy goodness of a pecan praline. After tossing back a medium-rare blue cheese and bacon burger, nothing better than following it up with something sweet.

DeltaBoy:
http://www.juanitascandykitchen.com/

Good stuff.

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: twistitup on March 02, 2018, 07:37:16 am ---If we are going to do it...let's do it right. A basket of Prailines (possibly in the shape of a Razorback) beside each cash register as an impulse buy. If I'm already dropping 20+ on food and drinks - I can't turn down the creamy goodness of a pecan praline. After tossing back a medium-rare blue cheese and bacon burger, nothing better than following it up with something sweet.

--- End quote ---

Excellent.

pigture perfect:
As long as I have teeth I prefer a good peanut brittle. The kind that the church ladies make.

bphi11ips:
Now wait a minute. Pralines and brittle are entirely different. Both have their place. There’s room for both plus caramel popcorn, preferably homemade in bags with a twist tie. 

twistitup:

--- Quote from: bphi11ips on March 02, 2018, 09:13:58 am ---Now wait a minute. Pralines and brittle are entirely different. Both have their place. There’s room for both plus caramel popcorn, preferably homemade in bags with a twist tie.

--- End quote ---

DeltaBoy:
I know Pralines are everywhere down here in Texas.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: bphi11ips on March 02, 2018, 09:13:58 am ---Now wait a minute. Pralines and brittle are entirely different. Both have their place. There’s room for both plus caramel popcorn, preferably homemade in bags with a twist tie. 

--- End quote ---

Just had to throw Twist's name in there. Kettle corn will work, too.

twistitup:

--- Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2018, 09:40:27 am ---Just had to throw Twist's name in there. Kettle corn will work, too.

--- End quote ---

Sure...with a Twist Tie

dirtimus:
Ahhhh, question is, how do YOU pronounce it... Prah-leen or Pray-leen?

twistitup:
Pray-leen

Inhogswetrust:

--- Quote from: dirtimus on March 02, 2018, 10:13:25 am ---Ahhhh, question is, how do YOU pronounce it... Prah-leen or Pray-leen?

--- End quote ---

Any pronunciation other than Pray-Leen means you ain’t from around here.

DeltaBoy:
It all good eats.

bphi11ips:

--- Quote from: twistitup on March 02, 2018, 10:31:34 am ---Pray-leen

--- End quote ---

Rhymes with Raylene.

PorkSoda:

--- Quote from: bphi11ips on March 02, 2018, 01:30:43 pm ---Rhymes with Raylene.

--- End quote ---
and baling wire

El Puerco Grande:
Pray-lene is the yankee pronunciation. It is like pee-can. Of course I live just a few miles from the Louisiana state line. Little Rock is yankee territory to me.

OneTuskOverTheLine™:

--- Quote from: pigture perfect on March 02, 2018, 08:50:42 am ---As long as I have teeth I prefer a good peanut brittle. The kind that the church ladies make.

--- End quote ---

I like that red stuff that's not quite brittle, but taste like "Boston Baked Beans" that no one took the time to separate.!!

twistitup:

--- Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on March 03, 2018, 12:19:35 am --- I like that red stuff that's not quite brittle, but taste like "Boston Baked Beans" that no one took the time to separate.!!

--- End quote ---

Those are good too - ate them as a kid.

bphi11ips:

--- Quote from: El Puerco Grande on March 02, 2018, 08:53:12 pm ---Pray-lene is the yankee pronunciation. It is like pee-can. Of course I live just a few miles from the Louisiana state line. Little Rock is yankee territory to me.

--- End quote ---

Laissez les bons temps rouler:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praline

hoglady:
I'm an Aunt Sally's fan.
Always bring some home after a trip to "The Big Easy" and have been known to order online when a craving hits.

12247:
If you folks get all these ideas onboard, I suggest we keep the stadium open year round as a restaurant. 

SamBuckhart:

--- Quote from: dirtimus on March 02, 2018, 10:13:25 am ---Ahhhh, question is, how do YOU pronounce it... Prah-leen or Pray-leen?

--- End quote ---
I like em any way you say it. But praw leens sounds like seafood.

DeltaBoy:
https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-original-creamy-pecan/1777923

http://alamopecan.com/texas-pralines

http://auntaggiede.com/

And they are homemade or small batch ones at Fairs , Football games etc.

FineAsSwine:

--- Quote from: bphi11ips on March 02, 2018, 01:30:43 pm ---Rhymes with Raylene.

--- End quote ---

Also rhymes with scabies. Never heard of it until I met a tall Texas redhead from The Colony in the Dallas area.

DeltaBoy:

--- Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on March 03, 2018, 12:19:35 am --- I like that red stuff that's not quite brittle, but taste like "Boston Baked Beans" that no one took the time to separate.!!

--- End quote ---

Used to see those all the time at the Fairs and Stores. Dad loved them and so do I.   

Our Table bought one the size of a dinner plate at the Church Dessert auctions and it was Good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View