Pages: (1/5) > >>

Pinto:

Mataio Soli
DE | Douglasville, GA | 6'4" | 230 lbs | Committed

Composite Rating: .89 ****
24/7 Profile
Rivals Profile
HUDL

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/may/30/highly-recruited-de-mataio-soli-tells-why-hogs-are/?f=sports

Heís the son of former Razorback defensive lineman Junior Soli and the cousin of present Razorback great Pinto 😅

navyhog24:

Does he love the helmet?

Pinto:

--- Quote from: navyhog24 on February 22, 2018, 02:14:45 pm ---Does he love the helmet?

--- End quote ---

He wasnít raised in Arkansas so i canít say he ďlovesĒ the helmet if thatís what you meant. His mom and dad(obviously) are UofA alumni and he comes here two or three times a year to visit our family. He was raised in Georgia so he might be a UGA fan plus his dad was a defensive line coach under Nutt so they relocated to Oxford when Nutt was at Ole Miss. He definitely will be visiting here though

Pinto:

https://247sports.com/Player/Mataio-Soli-46049513

pigture perfect:

I love getting 2nd and 3rd generation players here. Itís like having family come home. I think most of the time they come here for pride sake.

tusked:

--- Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 02:36:23 pm ---https://247sports.com/Player/Mataio-Soli-46049513

--- End quote ---

The hogs are in great hands with Steve Caldwell recruiting him.  If he can't get him to the hill, no one could.

Pinto:

--- Quote from: tusked on February 22, 2018, 03:19:01 pm ---The hogs are in great hands with Steve Caldwell recruiting him.  If he can't get him to the hill, no one could.

--- End quote ---

If he canít get him to the Hill, i will 😂😂😂

jgphillips3:

--- Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 03:20:54 pm ---If he canít get him to the Hill, i will 😂😂😂

--- End quote ---

Ha!  Excellent!

oldfart:

junior was a great player so he has the genes

The_Boot_stops_here:

--- Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 02:06:17 pm ---Picked up an offer from the Hogs today. He has offers from Florida, Oregon, Stanford, GA Tech and a few other programs. Heís the son of former Razorback defensive lineman Junior Soli and the cousin of present Razorback great Pinto 😅

--- End quote ---

24/7 doesn't show offers from Oregon or Stanford but hope we get him regardless.  If Caldwell wants him, that's good enough for me.

supersaint:

--- Quote from: oldfart on February 22, 2018, 04:04:47 pm ---junior was a great player so he has the genes

--- End quote ---

In the old indoor workout area of the BAC, there was a climbing rope that hung from the ceiling.  Junior could climb that thing without using his legs!  He was about 305 at the time. 

Pinto:

--- Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 22, 2018, 04:29:06 pm ---24/7 doesn't show offers from Oregon or Stanford but hope we get him regardless.  If Caldwell wants him, that's good enough for me.

--- End quote ---

He has offers from both of those schools according to him and his dad. He is visiting Duke this weekend as well

liljo:

--- Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 03:20:54 pm ---If he canít get him to the Hill, i will 😂😂😂

--- End quote ---

Wooooooooo Pig!

Thanks for sharing! Hope we get him. Going to be watching!

King Kong:

--- Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 22, 2018, 04:29:06 pm ---24/7 doesn't show offers from Oregon or Stanford but hope we get him regardless.  If Caldwell wants him, that's good enough for me.

--- End quote ---

247 shows the offer from Oregon on his timeline

ArkansasI:

--- Quote from: oldfart on February 22, 2018, 04:04:47 pm ---junior was a great player so he has the genes

--- End quote ---

I'd like to offer mega dittos to this. Junior was a very good player.

Good luck to Mataio. I hope he calls the Hogs.

go hogues:

Junior Soli was hella good! Hope his son calls the Hogs!

Pinto:

--- Quote from: King Kong on February 22, 2018, 08:51:19 pm ---247 shows the offer from Oregon on his timeline

--- End quote ---

Yup...theyíre missing his Stanford and Syracuse offer. His stock is going to go up once he goes to Under Armour camp in a couple months.

ADavisTheGOAT:

--- Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 09:29:52 pm ---Yup...theyíre missing his Stanford and Syracuse offer. His stock is going to go up once he goes to Under Armour camp in a couple months.

--- End quote ---
Jeez how do you share such a good bloodline with those guys?

Pinto:

--- Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on February 22, 2018, 09:31:02 pm --- Jeez how do you share such a good bloodline with those guys?

--- End quote ---

Junior married my biological cousin

Richard Davenport:

--- Quote from: tusked on February 22, 2018, 03:19:01 pm ---The hogs are in great hands with Steve Caldwell recruiting him.  If he can't get him to the hill, no one could.

--- End quote ---

Lunney is recruiting him. Steve might be talking to him some, but Junior and Lunney were in the same recruiting class so Lunney is the lead guy here.

King Kong:

--- Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 09:43:35 pm ---Junior married my biological cousin

--- End quote ---

Well, let them know how bad we Hog fans want him. WPS

flagstaffhog:

Go HOGS Go!

Pinto:

--- Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 22, 2018, 10:20:36 pm ---Lunney is recruiting him. Steve might be talking to him some, but Junior and Lunney were in the same recruiting class so Lunney is the lead guy here.

--- End quote ---

Coach Lunney reached out to him first for sure

HogInThaGrove:

Anybody know his 40 time?  He looks fairly fast.  At 6'4" and 225 he would make a pretty dang good Mike or Will backer. 

ChicoHog:

With offers from Duke and Stanford he must do well in the classroom also.  Stanford is pretty particular who they recruit.  Very little attrition and typically only sign around 15-18 a year.  They seldom miss on guys so I bet he is a good one. 

oldfart:

--- Quote from: supersaint on February 22, 2018, 04:30:00 pm ---In the old indoor workout area of the BAC, there was a climbing rope that hung from the ceiling.  Junior could climb that thing without using his legs!  He was about 305 at the time.

--- End quote ---

i remember that rope well. could barely climb it with arms legs and teeth :-)

supersaint:

--- Quote from: oldfart on February 23, 2018, 06:33:10 pm ---

i remember that rope well. could barely climb it with arms legs and teeth :-)

--- End quote ---

I hated that thing. Junior and his brother, David, were both incredibly strong.  I bet Juniorís son is too. 

OneTuskOverTheLineô:

--- Quote from: Pinto on February 22, 2018, 02:36:23 pm ---https://247sports.com/Player/Mataio-Soli-46049513

--- End quote ---
How in the world is there any doubt that stars don't mean diddly? This kid is a beast.!
3* my fat butt.!!

liljo:

I don't care how many stars he has. I hope he ends up with a Hog on each side of his helmet.   ::hornsdown:: :) ::hornsdown::

TexHog188:

Plays with his head up all the time, shed's blockers with ease and is a sure tackler.  At 6'4" now, he could well be 6'5"-6'6" once he gets on the hill.  Woo Pig!

Pinto:

--- Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLineô on February 24, 2018, 10:41:57 am ---How in the world is there any doubt that stars don't mean diddly? This kid is a beast.!
3* my fat butt.!!

--- End quote ---

He will def be a 4* by the summer

opineonswine:

--- Quote from: go hogues on February 22, 2018, 09:24:43 pm ---Junior Soli was hella good! Hope his son calls the Hogs!

--- End quote ---

I too loved watching Junior play.

HOGINTENNESSEE:

--- Quote from: Pinto on February 24, 2018, 09:27:58 pm ---He will def be a 4* by the summer

--- End quote ---

And a Hog?

Pinto:

--- Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 25, 2018, 07:03:03 am ---And a Hog?

--- End quote ---

Hopefully. Will be hard to beat out UGA and Clemson if they were to give him a committable offer

ricepig:

--- Quote from: Pinto on February 25, 2018, 11:04:57 am ---Hopefully. Will be hard to beat out UGA and Clemson if they were to give him a committable offer

--- End quote ---

What??? We aren't paying you to just tell us about him, we're expect you to deliver!  :)

AlmaHog2011:

--- Quote from: Pinto on February 25, 2018, 11:04:57 am ---Hopefully. Will be hard to beat out UGA and Clemson if they were to give him a committable offer

--- End quote ---

Well that is disappointing. But hopefully we can get him on board. I do remember Junior Soli was a monster big strong kid. Very strong we need more inside strength.

Pinto:

--- Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 25, 2018, 08:15:22 pm ---Well that is disappointing. But hopefully we can get him on board. I do remember Junior Soli was a monster big strong kid. Very strong we need more inside strength.

--- End quote ---

Yeah Iím just being realistic though. Junior is a coach at Douglas County in ATL and Taioís older brother plays football at Morehouse in ATL as well. Iím sure proximity will play a factor in his decision even though most of his motherís family lives in Arkansas

The_Boot_stops_here:

He released his top 9 schools yesterday and the Hogs are included. Others include Florida, GA Tech, Oregon, Stanford, Duke, Vandy, Cal and UVA

Pinto:

--- Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 06, 2018, 07:41:19 am ---He released his top 9 schools yesterday and the Hogs are included. Others include Florida, GA Tech, Oregon, Stanford, Duke, Vandy, Cal and UVA

--- End quote ---

Yeah, weíll definitely be one of his OVs. Iím sure he would have came to one of the prospect days if he didnít live so far away and/or didnít have plans to come visit the family in South Ark for Easter next month.

ChicoHog:

--- Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 06, 2018, 07:41:19 am ---He released his top 9 schools yesterday and the Hogs are included. Others include Florida, GA Tech, Oregon, Stanford, Duke, Vandy, Cal and UVA

--- End quote ---
Lot of strong academic schools on that list.  Arkansas, Oregon and Florida seem a little out of place!

hawg66:

Florida is highly ranked academically

sickboy:

--- Quote from: hawg66 on March 06, 2018, 12:59:32 pm ---Florida is highly ranked academically

--- End quote ---

That's hard to believe considering the state of Florida.

rljjr:

--- Quote from: sickboy on March 06, 2018, 02:27:02 pm ---That's hard to believe considering the state of Florida.

--- End quote ---

Jorts and mulletts.

Pinto:

Taio will take a visit here on April 2nd

navyhog24:

--- Quote from: Pinto on March 20, 2018, 10:35:22 am ---Taio will take a visit here on April 2nd

--- End quote ---

That's all we can ask for

Pinto:

--- Quote from: navyhog24 on March 20, 2018, 10:53:14 am ---That's all we can ask for

--- End quote ---

Iím sure this wonít be his last visit although heís been racking up offers lately

WaltonCollege:

I'll take two please

outlawhogeywells:

well if he is looking at business schools.  The Walton school of business is not slouch

Pinto:

Taio just picked up an offer from Bama

fullfan:

--- End quote ---
Is the Bama offer committable?

Pages: (1/5) > >>

Go to full version