• 9,890,812 Posts
• 398,407 Topics
• 22,824 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheerleader get kicked out of AZ game....  (Read 2537 times)

twistitup

Cheerleader get kicked out of AZ game....
« on: February 16, 2018, 06:27:41 am »

You know its almost tournament time and college bball is getting very serious....they are even throwing cheerleaders out for heckling players

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cheerleader-ejected-heckling-arizonas-victory-arizona-state-043910087.html

Let's get it on...I'm ready for the tournament. I feel like the Hogs are peaking at the right time.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
Re: Cheerleader get kicked out of AZ game....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 09:46:49 am »

You know its almost tournament time and college bball is getting very serious....they are even throwing cheerleaders out for heckling players

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cheerleader-ejected-heckling-arizonas-victory-arizona-state-043910087.html

Let's get it on...I'm ready for the tournament. I feel like the Hogs are peaking at the right time.

Actually was kicked out for violating NCAA rules on the use of megaphones by cheerleaders. Had he just yelled without it he'd have been fine, according to quotes in the article.

Ref showed restraint, could have assessed a T to the team as well but chose not to.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

twistitup

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 10:52:05 am »

Actually was kicked out for violating NCAA rules on the use of megaphones by cheerleaders. Had he just yelled without it he'd have been fine, according to quotes in the article.

Ref showed restraint, could have assessed a T to the team as well but chose not to.

like I said...things are getting chippy. It was an important game - prob not the first cheerleader to yell through a megaphone while a dude is shooting. Never seen a cheerleader thrown out in my life - for any reason

HogFaninMemphis

• Hogvillian
  • "Introibo ad altare Dei" -Psalm 42 (43)
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 02:09:42 pm »

like I said...things are getting chippy. It was an important game - prob not the first cheerleader to yell through a megaphone while a dude is shooting. Never seen a cheerleader thrown out in my life - for any reason
good on the ref for doing this, though. People connected to the University are held to a higher standard and are expected to act courteously and professionally. What he did was the equivalent of cheering in the press box.

theFlyingHog

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 05:59:01 pm »

Now if we can just get rid of the cowbells down in stark

Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter

• President and life time member of the Hobby Shop.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • SPORTS HAS NEVER BEEN SO UGLY!
    • facebook.com/uglyuncle.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 06:14:18 pm »

I was really expecting it to be a female cheerleader...and was disappointed when it was a dude. 

When someone says cheerleader I immediately think of a girl.  That would have been epic for a girl to have been that into a game to get kicked out.

ricepig

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 06:46:15 pm »

I was hoping it was a flash in the free throw shooters vision like Phelps did, by a girl cheerleader, but I guess this thread would have been in DST.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 07:21:12 pm »

I was hoping it was a flash in the free throw shooters vision like Phelps did, by a girl cheerleader, but I guess this thread would have been in DST.
At least we didn't get brown-spotted.

Birminghog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Ludwig calls the Hogs at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 08:36:57 pm »

Maybe not, but I was at an Arkansas/TCU game years ago where the cheerleading squad's behavior was so egregious that the president of the university disbanded the squad shortly thereafter and had new tryouts. I was there by invitation of some TCU alums/donors who were embarrassed about the whole thing, apologized profusely to me during and after the game, and wrote a letter to the president threatening discontinuation of funding if action was not taken. I'm not sure, but she might have been a former cheerleader. Regardless, she was a person of some means and clout.

pigture perfect

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 09:46:16 pm »

I was really expecting it to be a female cheerleader...and was disappointed when it was a dude. 

When someone says cheerleader I immediately think of a girl.  That would have been epic for a girl to have been that into a game to get kicked out.
A cheerleader is a girl, their male partners are Yellleaders, except for aTm. They are cheerleaders too.

razCzar

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 10:09:12 pm »

A couple things:
-- Since when are the males called Yellleaders?  Back in the day, it was simply male or female cheerleaders.  I know this bc my male living group had two including the captain.
-- Thinking about it, don't recall seeing other than males using megaphones at any collegiate event.

pigture perfect

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 10:17:24 pm »

A couple of answers, I was a yellleader from 85-87. Itís what you called the straight guys. And we did use megaphones.

alohawg

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2018, 02:11:58 am »

A couple of answers, I was a yellleader from 85-87. Itís what you called the straight guys. And we did use megaphones.

I thought they were all..........nvmd.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2018, 10:42:26 am »

I thought they were all..........nvmd.
Don't ask, don't yell...    ;D

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2018, 12:14:52 pm »

All dude cheerleaders should be kicked out!

Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter

• President and life time member of the Hobby Shop.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • SPORTS HAS NEVER BEEN SO UGLY!
    • facebook.com/uglyuncle.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 12:19:34 pm »

I almost got kicked out of an Arkansas v. LSU football game for heckling a (male) cheerleader.

Fortunately I knew the UAPD person that came down to kick me out and I promised to behave myself.

True story.

alohawg

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2018, 12:31:59 pm »

I almost got kicked out of an Arkansas v. LSU football game for heckling a (male) cheerleader.

Fortunately I knew the UAPD person that came down to kick me out and I promised to behave myself.

True story.

+1 Haha, good stuff.

ArkyFan2626

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 02:06:03 pm »

Pretty hilarious

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2018, 12:54:45 pm »

My Daughter Cheered 7th-12th grade and they were banned from using Megaphones starting in the state Basketball playoffs her Jr and Sr years. Before that they used them in every game and sport.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas