RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Grant Gunnell just decommitted from aTm

Pages: (1/2) > >>

The_Boot_stops_here:

Hope this means good news at some point

HardingHog:

Just posted on Twitter
 https://twitter.com/grantgunnell7/status/963615589481811969?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E2

hogfooey:


--- Quote from: HardingHog on February 13, 2018, 09:37:31 pm ---Just posted on Twitter https://twitter.com/grantgunnell7/status/963615589481811969?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E2

--- End quote ---
I also noticed he was just offered by Ohio St.  Hopefully just a coincidence.

HOGINTENNESSEE:

WPS

redeye:


--- Quote from: hogfooey on February 13, 2018, 09:54:47 pm ---I also noticed he was just offered by Ohio St.  Hopefully just a coincidence.

--- End quote ---

Brian Perroni also picked someone today, but I can't see who.  Perroni's a writer for the Aggie site.

moto625:

Huge news, but this is far from over!

colbs:


--- Quote from: redeye on February 13, 2018, 09:58:52 pm ---Brian Perroni also picked someone today, but I can't see who.  Perroni's a writer for the Aggie site.

--- End quote ---
Looks like Okie Lite

imtad16:

I like our chances against LSU if it comes down to us and them. There is a long way to go and I'm sure OSU keeps the pressure on, but as far as LSU goes if they stumble at all next season there will be a giant cloud of uncertainty over Orgeron's future at LSU. I bet LSU faithful begin to get very restless if they don't go to Atlanta.... annnnd they aren't going to Atlanta next season.

imtad16:


--- Quote from: colbs on February 13, 2018, 10:16:17 pm ---Looks like Okie Lite

--- End quote ---

Hmm wow that's interesting. Weird pick to make on Feb. 13th.

PlanoHog:

As I said back in December, GG wasnít going to A&M. There were some other reasons why he waited this long to make the decommitment official.

imtad16:


--- Quote from: PlanoHog on February 13, 2018, 10:32:39 pm ---As I said back in December, GG wasn’t going to A&M. There were some other reasons why he waited this long to make the decommitment official.

--- End quote ---

What do you think his list is looking like today with 10 months or more to go?

TexHog188:

Big young man.

DuckTalesLOL:

Kid has two generations of Hog blood in his body, can't wait to see him sign with us.

*crosses fingers*

parallaxpig:


--- Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on February 13, 2018, 11:24:26 pm ---Kid has two generations of Hog blood in his body, can't wait to see him sign with us.

*crosses fingers*

--- End quote ---

Refresh my memory of his connections...plz

Been10Hog:


--- Quote from: parallaxpig on February 14, 2018, 06:39:05 am ---Refresh my memory of his connections...plz

--- End quote ---
His grandpa played on the 64 NC team

GoHogzzGo:


--- Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 13, 2018, 09:56:49 pm ---WPS

--- End quote ---


Trey1981:

While I have no information or inside knowledge with his situation, I just don't feel good about this one. Of course I would've never believed that Gerald would have become a Razorback so hopefully my intuition is way off with this one as well.

Been10Hog:

I'm sure he needs to see SOMETHING! He hasn't seen any of what Chad will do unless he's watched SMU and old Clemson tape. Dream scenario for me would be he goes to several practices this spring and commits after Spring Game. Flood gates of recruits would open for 2019.  ::hornsdown::

The_Iceman:

This kid under Chad Morris will put up huge numbers and be in the NFL in 3-4 years. If he got Burks to come and be his Top target along with Henry, we will have a nasty good offense.

Airforcehawg:

Mike Woods posted a tweet not long after he signed where GG was in Hog gear with him. I am sure GG was just showing support for MW....but I will take that as a positive sign. 

edit...here is that tweet.
https://twitter.com/TheMikeWoods/status/943678632924467203

PlanoHog:


--- Quote from: imtad16 on February 13, 2018, 10:38:15 pm ---What do you think his list is looking like today with 10 months or more to go?

--- End quote ---

I donít think Bama is a contender any longer. Just like in my home, athlete and parent have different preferences with either mild or strong positive or negative opinions. I just donít see Hogs making up that ground but Iíd be very pleased if they did.

#1 STUNNA:


--- Quote from: The_Iceman on February 14, 2018, 08:27:07 am ---This kid under Chad Morris will put up huge numbers and be in the NFL in 3-4 years. If he got Burks to come and be his Top target along with Henry, we will have a nasty good offense.

--- End quote ---

would be nice to see them commit early and help with recruiting... but it wont happen for a while.

King Kong:


--- Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 14, 2018, 09:05:41 am ---would be nice to see them commit early and help with recruiting... but it wont happen for a while.

--- End quote ---

It would for sure help with getting Mr Burks and the other 4 offensive player offered in state

Hogtimes:


--- Quote from: Been10Hog on February 14, 2018, 07:20:32 am ---I'm sure he needs to see SOMETHING! He hasn't seen any of what Chad will do unless he's watched SMU and old Clemson tape. Dream scenario for me would be he goes to several practices this spring and commits after Spring Game. Flood gates of recruits would open for 2019.  ::hornsdown::

--- End quote ---

The problem is...he has seen what Gundy can do with an offense.

SonOfMud:


--- Quote from: Been10Hog on February 14, 2018, 07:20:32 am ---I'm sure he needs to see SOMETHING! He hasn't seen any of what Chad will do unless he's watched SMU and old Clemson tape. Dream scenario for me would be he goes to several practices this spring and commits after Spring Game. Flood gates of recruits would open for 2019.  ::hornsdown::

--- End quote ---
  He knows:
ďIíve been talking to Coach Morris and [offensive coordinator Joe] Craddock,Ē Gunnell said. ďI really loved them at SMU. Now that theyíre at Arkansas, which is my family alma mater, I definitely want to take a look at them. Iíve been talking to them a lot.Ē

Been10Hog:


--- Quote from: Hogtimes on February 14, 2018, 09:58:26 am ---The problem is...he has seen what Gundy can do with an offense.

--- End quote ---
If he and his family were lifelong Razorback fans, Grandpa played on '64 NC team and he has choice of any school in America, don't see cowpokes having much chance! Why Stillwater if you don't have ties there? He can run a wide open offense for the school he grew up watching!

Pig in the Pokey:

OH POOR LIL OLE ARKINSAW< how  will we EVER sign a LEGACY RECRUIT over Oklahoma State!!

L M M F A O @ the low self esteem.

onebadrubi:

I will go out on a limb here an say that in fans eyes, Morris must pull Gunnell.  If he fails to do so, I think many fans will be extremely curious if he is right for the job.  This is his specialty of position, similar to Bielema and RB's. 

ricepig:


--- Quote from: onebadrubi on February 14, 2018, 10:26:34 am ---I will go out on a limb here an say that in fans eyes, Morris must pull Gunnell.  If he fails to do so, I think many fans will be extremely curious if he is right for the job.  This is his specialty of position, similar to Bielema and RB's. 

--- End quote ---

Only those that don't understand recruiting will see it as a failure, the rest of us know there are other fish in the pond.

onebadrubi:


--- Quote from: ricepig on February 14, 2018, 10:29:29 am ---Only those that don't understand recruiting will see it as a failure, the rest of us know there are other fish in the pond.

--- End quote ---

"but he's a qb genius"
"he's suppose to pull offensive players"
"he couldn't pull a stud that dad and granddad played here"

I hear it already.

ricepig:


--- Quote from: onebadrubi on February 14, 2018, 10:36:47 am ---"but he's a qb genius"
"he's suppose to pull offensive players"
"he couldn't pull a stud that dad and granddad played here"

I hear it already.

--- End quote ---

Dad didn't play here, but as you well know, that won't stop ignorant remarks.

RedyorNot:


--- Quote from: Been10Hog on February 14, 2018, 07:04:03 am ---His grandpa played on the 64 NC team

--- End quote ---

Both parents also graduated from U of A

Hogtimes:


--- Quote from: Been10Hog on February 14, 2018, 10:03:58 am ---If he and his family were lifelong Razorback fans, Grandpa played on '64 NC team and he has choice of any school in America, don't see cowpokes having much chance! Why Stillwater if you don't have ties there? He can run a wide open offense for the school he grew up watching!

--- End quote ---

Have you read this thread?......Aggie writer said he is considering OSU

Vantage 8 dude:


--- Quote from: Hogtimes on February 14, 2018, 11:18:03 am ---Have you read this thread?......Aggie writer said he is considering OSU

--- End quote ---
Okay, and it's also my understanding that this projection is based on ONE writer. My gosh, can someone say "freak out" and "over reaction"?

OneTuskOverTheLineô:


--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 14, 2018, 10:21:06 am ---OH POOR LIL OLE ARKINSAW< how  will we EVER sign a LEGACY RECRUIT over Oklahoma State!!

L M M F A O @ the low self esteem.

--- End quote ---
These dudes wonder why people out of state think so lowly of us when their no sack asses are walking around with self hatred... Arkansans used to be a big middle finger in the middle of the map.

 Arkansas Strong, Arkansas Proud, Arkansas Hard and Arkansas Loud..!

mhuff:


--- Quote from: Hogtimes on February 14, 2018, 11:18:03 am ---Have you read this thread?......Aggie writer said he is considering OSU

--- End quote ---

You don't think the Aggie writer would do that to ruin our day do you? Some people are just naive.

Also I wish people would stop giving back handed slaps to Arkansas. Run yourself down if you want to but not Arkansas.

liljo:


--- Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLineô on February 14, 2018, 11:43:31 am --- These dudes wonder why people out of state think so lowly of us when their no sack asses are walking around with self hatred... Arkansans used to be a big middle finger in the middle of the map.

 Arkansas Strong, Arkansas Proud, Arkansas Hard and Arkansas Loud..!

--- End quote ---

That's what it's all about, right there! Wooooo Pig!

Get 'em, Hogs!

Airforcehawg:


--- Quote from: Hogtimes on February 14, 2018, 09:58:26 am ---The problem is...he has seen what Gundy can do with an offense.

--- End quote ---

Very true, but if he is looking towards the NFL...he needs to pay attention to how the scouts look at Gundy's QBs. There was a article a few days ago talking about overrated NFL prospects and there were a couple of scouts trashing Rudolph. The bottom-line is that they do not trust QBs that come out of Gundy's system.

Scout's Quote: "You have him in Round 2 and I just don't see it. He has a weak arm and plays in a bulls--t scheme. Bryce Petty all over again"

Earth Hog Fan:


--- Quote from: parallaxpig on February 14, 2018, 06:39:05 am ---Refresh my memory of his connections...plz

--- End quote ---

Both 247Sports and ESPN has rated QB Grant Gunner the number 2 Pro-Style QB in the nation. He is from Houston, Texas and according to both services is a 4 Star QB with over 30 offers, several from the SEC including, Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Texas A&M, LSU and others. And yes he just received an offer from Ohio State and of course Texas has offered. Gunner is 6-foot-6, 212-pound and has thrown for 11,356 yards and 142 touchdowns in three seasons at St. Pius X High School and is already one of the most recruited QBís out of Texas.

I do expect that he is a heavy lean to Arkansas since his father, Chris and mother, Julie earned degrees from Arkansas. And his Grandfather Jim Price played linebacker for the Hogsí 1964 national championship team.

He and his father visited Fayetteville for last yearís spring game.

We should expect good things to happen this year and in the future for our Razorbacks.
WPS!

https://247sports.com/Player/Grant-Gunnell-84631


The_Iceman:

If Grant comes to Arkansas, I would not be surprised if he broke multiple passing records here.

Pudgepork:

QB has been the weak link to lsu since Bert Jones day.  They need him badly whether they know it or not

OSU signs top qbs.  I'm sure Urb wants him but he's not really a NEED like at lsu.

Sounds like he'd be a perfect fit for bama and more talented than most qbs at bama since the early 1990s

Okie St?  Gunnel's ranking would move okie st up with the big boys in final rankings

Hogs?  Morris is in a bad position.  Until a couple leave, he has a roster full of young qbs.  Just added 2 who will likely rs.  Because of Arkansas connections, the Hogs must get Gunnel have started. Gunnel might look at the roster and not see an opening for playing time.  Morris will catch heat for not closing the deal.   

Another issue is the qb from Morrilton.  Because he's instate he'll be seen as a must get also.

Watching this staff juggle numbers and recruit more to the position is going to be a long drawn out soap opera in the making

Been10Hog:


--- Quote from: Hogtimes on February 14, 2018, 11:18:03 am ---Have you read this thread?......Aggie writer said he is considering OSU

--- End quote ---
Since when does ANY AGGIE have credibility! Have you not seen the pics of a young GG in Razorback uniform? Do you believe the same Aggie lovers who all but one said Dorian Gerald was going Aggie? LMFAO

navyhog24:


--- Quote from: Pudgepork on February 14, 2018, 12:34:30 pm ---QB has been the weak link to lsu since Bert Jones day.  They need him badly whether they know it or not

OSU signs top qbs.  I'm sure Urb wants him but he's not really a NEED like at lsu.

Sounds like he'd be a perfect fit for bama and more talented than most qbs at bama since the early 1990s

Okie St?  Gunnel's ranking would move okie st up with the big boys in final rankings

Hogs?  Morris is in a bad position.  Until a couple leave, he has a roster full of young qbs.  Just added 2 who will likely rs.  Because of Arkansas connections, the Hogs must get Gunnel have started. Gunnel might look at the roster and not see an opening for playing time.  Morris will catch heat for not closing the deal.   

Another issue is the qb from Morrilton.  Because he's instate he'll be seen as a must get also.

Watching this staff juggle numbers and recruit more to the position is going to be a long drawn out soap opera in the making

--- End quote ---

SMDH. Any QB of Gunnell's caliber will not be scared of competition.

I really don't see him going to LSU. No good QB worth a darn wants to go there. They all know it.

I have no clue who you are talking about from Morrilton as I don't see any QB in the Hooten's top 10. Darius Powers in Fayetteville is the highest ranked instate QB at no. 15.

King Kong:


--- Quote from: Pudgepork on February 14, 2018, 12:34:30 pm ---QB has been the weak link to lsu since Bert Jones day.  They need him badly whether they know it or not

OSU signs top qbs.  I'm sure Urb wants him but he's not really a NEED like at lsu.

Sounds like he'd be a perfect fit for bama and more talented than most qbs at bama since the early 1990s

Okie St?  Gunnel's ranking would move okie st up with the big boys in final rankings

Hogs?  Morris is in a bad position.  Until a couple leave, he has a roster full of young qbs.  Just added 2 who will likely rs.  Because of Arkansas connections, the Hogs must get Gunnel have started. Gunnel might look at the roster and not see an opening for playing time.  Morris will catch heat for not closing the deal.   

Another issue is the qb from Morrilton.  Because he's instate he'll be seen as a must get also.

Watching this staff juggle numbers and recruit more to the position is going to be a long drawn out soap opera in the making

--- End quote ---

LSU has signed QBís higher ranked than Gunnell and always screw them up.
The Ohio State I donít see the appeal for Gunnell. Urban likes runners. But maybe.
Ok St doesnít recruit that well. Adding just Gunnell just there normal ranking would land them about 20th. Not sure that is big boys. But they have had success with QBís.
Arkansas I love this myth that we are loaded at QB. Only one kid on the roster was a 4 star in every site and most expect him to transfer. Numbers donít equal depth.

King Kong:


--- Quote from: Hogtimes on February 14, 2018, 11:18:03 am ---Have you read this thread?......Aggie writer said he is considering OSU

--- End quote ---

That same Aggie writer that predicted Dorian Gerald to A&M?

But I have no read on Gunnell. IMO he could go anywhere. I hope itís here

rpmflash:


--- Quote from: navyhog24 on February 14, 2018, 01:03:36 pm ---I have no clue who you are talking about from Morrilton as I don't see any QB in the Hooten's top 10. Darius Powers in Fayetteville is the highest ranked instate QB at no. 15.

--- End quote ---

He is talking about Morrilton 2020 dual-threat quarterback Jacolby Criswell.

Warrior Way 22:

Let's go get the kid. Would be a big time pickup for CCM's first full recruiting cycle.

Hogtimes:


--- Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 14, 2018, 11:39:26 am ---Okay, and it's also my understanding that this projection is based on ONE writer. My gosh, can someone say "freak out" and "over reaction"?

--- End quote ---

All  I did was point out to the poster the reason I mentioned OSU  was the Aggie writer said he was "CONSIDERING" OSU.....so who is freaking out and over reacting?

GuvHog:


--- Quote from: Pudgepork on February 14, 2018, 12:34:30 pm ---QB has been the weak link to lsu since Bert Jones day.  They need him badly whether they know it or not

OSU signs top qbs.  I'm sure Urb wants him but he's not really a NEED like at lsu.

Sounds like he'd be a perfect fit for bama and more talented than most qbs at bama since the early 1990s

Okie St?  Gunnel's ranking would move okie st up with the big boys in final rankings

Hogs?  Morris is in a bad position.  Until a couple leave, he has a roster full of young qbs.  Just added 2 who will likely rs.  Because of Arkansas connections, the Hogs must get Gunnel have started. Gunnel might look at the roster and not see an opening for playing time.  Morris will catch heat for not closing the deal.   

Another issue is the qb from Morrilton.  Because he's instate he'll be seen as a must get also.

Watching this staff juggle numbers and recruit more to the position is going to be a long drawn out soap opera in the making

--- End quote ---

The QB from Morrilton is a Sophomore so he would be part of the 2020 recruiting class. Gunnell is a 2019 recruit.

Hogtimes:


--- Quote from: Been10Hog on February 14, 2018, 12:51:35 pm ---Since when does ANY AGGIE have credibility! Have you not seen the pics of a young GG in Razorback uniform? Do you believe the same Aggie lovers who all but one said Dorian Gerald was going Aggie? LMFAO

--- End quote ---

I did not believe anything.  It is my understanding he was the one that reported that Gunnell had decommited from A&M  and then he mentioned Okie Lite as a POSSIBILITY.....that is all,  nothing more.

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Go to full version