• 395,594 Topics
• 22,323 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why did this board say that Chavis sucks at recruiting?  (Read 3096 times)

KlubhouseKonnected

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
Re: Why did this board say that Chavis sucks at recruiting?
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2018, 06:45:34 pm »

Only on message boards

I thought that was what we were discussing

racinghog

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2018, 07:46:06 pm »

I thought what some said was he "didn't like to recruit", or he hated to recruit. Not that he didn't recruit.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

kennypig

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2018, 11:31:35 pm »

A good friend of mine is a Tennessee fan and said he heard that when Chavis was there he didn't like to recruit. But I can't see CCM hiring any assistant coach that didn't like to recruit.

TeufelHog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Never Forget, Never Yield!
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2018, 12:47:45 am »

To answer the question . . . I believe it had to deal with other teams scoring on his defenses, when he was the DC, regularly.

Vantage 8 dude

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2018, 11:00:08 am »

A good friend of mine is a Tennessee fan and said he heard that when Chavis was there he didn't like to recruit. But I can't see CCM hiring any assistant coach that didn't like to recruit.
A key part of your comments are : "he heard that when Chavis was there he didn't like to recruit". First of all, not saying your friend is necessarily wrong, however, sounds as if this "fact" is second hand. I.E. your acquaintance doesn't know it to be an absolute fact. Secondly, even if this is indeed the case, that's not to say that "The Chief" hasn't decided to change his ways and take a more active role in recruiting. In other words, he realizes that it's his job to ensure the best kids are brought in to help improve the defense. And it's most certainly in his very best interest to see that he gets the top talent he possibly can. 

All-in-all I believe it will be very interesting to observe what transpires on that side of the ball in the coming years. At least based on the limited data we saw from the make up of this initial recruiting class it certainly appears that the defensive side was most definitely an area of emphasis. Personally I was relieved to see that this area of chronic weakness was obviously being addressed. 

Pudgepork

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Horse Racings most unlikely champ
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2018, 11:54:40 am »

A key part of your comments are : "he heard that when Chavis was there he didn't like to recruit". First of all, not saying your friend is necessarily wrong, however, sounds as if this "fact" is second hand. I.E. your acquaintance doesn't know it to be an absolute fact.

Like him or not, Fulmer was a recruiting machine.  And great at negative recruiting.  I think it unlikely that Fulmer would have a coach on staff not totally committed to buidling a champion. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas