RB Sports Discussion > Recruiting Forum

Dorian Gerald is a Hog!

Pages: (1/2) > >>

RockyMtnHog:

Sorry if this has been announced already.

Announced on WholeHog Sports.

War Boar:

WPS!!! GO HOGS!!!

ricepig:

Big get, and truthfully, a must get. We needed a ready to play pass rushing DE, he'll fit that spot. WPS!

forrest city joe:

WPS-------This is a big one folks.hats off to coach Morris and his staff for pulling this off.

parallaxpig:

Big get..!!!!!!!!! 

JIHawg:

Morris and Chavis beat Florida and TAM for this one.  Imagine him on one end, Agim on the other.

HUNGLOWHOG:

WPS !!!

HoggyCat:

One HELLUVA nice offer list.

OneTuskOverTheLine™:


--- Quote from: JIHawg on February 09, 2018, 05:21:04 pm ---Morris and Chavis beat Florida and TAM for this one.  Imagine him on one end, Agim on the other.

--- End quote ---
And their back-ups are giving no one a break.!!!!

bphi11ips:

WPS!!!

Vantage 8 dude:


--- Quote from: HoggyCat on February 09, 2018, 05:24:49 pm ---One HELLUVA nice offer list.

--- End quote ---
Sorry to have to ask this because I realize I should know. However, how does one get his profile?

colbs:

https://247sports.com/player/dorian-gerald-86700

Check the offer list

Vantage 8 dude:


--- Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2018, 05:27:52 pm ---https://247sports.com/player/dorian-gerald-86700

Check the offer list

--- End quote ---
Thanks a ton, colbs. A definite +1 to you.  :) BTW you're most certainly correct about the offer list. Some VERY impressive names wanted this young man.

liljo:

Yes this one is a great get. Can't wait to see how Chavis uses this heat seeking missile. So glad this young man chose Arkansas!

hawgwash:


--- Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2018, 05:27:52 pm ---https://247sports.com/player/dorian-gerald-86700

Check the offer list

--- End quote ---
Just your typical 3 star recruit, right?

RagingHawgOn:

WPS!!!!

Helluva get! And late in the day nobody gave us a chance.

ADavisTheGOAT:


--- Quote from: hawgwash on February 09, 2018, 05:31:45 pm ---Just your typical 3 star recruit, right?

--- End quote ---
That’s a literal 5 star offer list.ww

TexHog188:

DG5 aka “The Cookie Monster”

4 DE’s in this class, 2LB’s, 3 DB/S.

pigture perfect:

Wow! That is exciting.

pghawg1:

 THE top DE in JR College and he is just a 3 star. That doesn't make sense to me at all.

Vantage 8 dude:


--- Quote from: pghawg1 on February 09, 2018, 05:34:34 pm --- THE top DE in JR College and he is just a 3 star. That doesn't make sense to me at all.

--- End quote ---
Well with a 88 rating he wasn't that far from another "bump".

King Kong:

WPS!!!!

RyeHogFan:


--- Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2018, 05:27:52 pm ---https://247sports.com/player/dorian-gerald-86700

Check the offer list

--- End quote ---

That just shows how wrong those crystal ball picks can be. We had ONE person picking us to get him and that was Otis. Every other "expert" that picked today said it would be aTm.

greenie:

Two questions:
1 - I'm guessing that since it's already Feb, he won't report until this summer...right?
2 - 3 to play 2, 3 to play 3...??

Arkansas Hog in Dallas:

He’s rated a 4 Star on ESPN. https://twitter.com/topnotchdg/status/943986218852855813

Vantage 8 dude:

This young man's incredibly WISE decision helps put a GREAT finishing touch on this year's Hog recruiting class. Now on to a HUGE '19 group.

SooieGeneris:


--- Quote from: RyeHogFan on February 09, 2018, 05:37:35 pm ---That just shows how wrong those crystal ball picks can be. We had ONE person picking us to get him and that was Otis. Every other "expert" that picked today said it would be aTm.

--- End quote ---

Actually, Otis had company. JC Shurburtt who covers GA Tech, formerly based in SC picked Gerald to us yesterday.

Great get and pleasant surprise! A&M's pct on 24/7 had gone from 11% last night to 20 something % this morning.

OneTuskOverTheLine™:


--- Quote from: TexHog188 on February 09, 2018, 05:33:11 pm ---DG5 aka “The Cookie Monster”

4 DE’s in this class, 2LB’s, 3 DB/S.

--- End quote ---


WOOPIGDOOIE:


--- Quote from: JIHawg on February 09, 2018, 05:21:04 pm ---Morris and Chavis beat Florida and TAM for this one.  Imagine him on one end, Agim on the other.

--- End quote ---
Well word is Florida pulled offer. But we still beat TAM if that is true

King Kong:


--- Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 09, 2018, 05:48:32 pm ---Actually, Otis had company. JC Shurburtt who covers GA Tech, formerly based in SC picked Gerald to us yesterday.

Great get and pleasant surprise! A&M's pct on 24/7 had gone from 11% last night to 20 something % this morning.

--- End quote ---

JC changed his pick to A&M a couple hours before

King Kong:


--- Quote from: greenie on February 09, 2018, 05:38:10 pm ---Two questions:
1 - I'm guessing that since it's already Feb, he won't report until this summer...right?
2 - 3 to play 2, 3 to play 3...??

--- End quote ---

Summer.  2 to play 3

rhames:

Great get

Hogindasticks:

Coach Morris hasn't coached a game yet...remember that....look out, here come the Hogs!

Flrazrback:

Big Time get by the Coaches..  Defense just got a big shot in the arm.

JIHawg:


--- Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on February 09, 2018, 05:51:48 pm ---Well word is Florida pulled offer. But we still beat TAM if that is true

--- End quote ---

Well if you want to get picky, we beat Bama and Nebraska for him too, as well as about 20 other upper level schools.

HogFoo:


--- Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on February 09, 2018, 05:51:48 pm ---Well word is Florida pulled offer. But we still beat TAM if that is true

--- End quote ---
they pulled their offer when they realized he wasnt coming. haha... their fans are trying to say that they decided to try to save the scholarship for next years class..   ill call BS on that right now.  DG was the #1 ranked defensive player in juco's and #1 ranked DE period i believe.  You dont just decide to pull that scholarship.  Hell, bama got the #1 defensive guy last year(Buggs) and he started for them this year on their way to a title.  DG will be a monster.  He lined up across from Sosa is gonna be trouble!!  i cant begin to explain how this will help us!  I bet the only person happier than all of us Hog fans and Morris of course is Chavis!  Chavis will have some biggggg time DEs to work with, along with a lockdown CB back from injury and true frosh who played a lot and will be much better as well.. along with some big time depth coming in this class.  Good times coming guys and gals!   good times!!

TheRazorback500:

Hot damn, we got him! Chief pulling us in a pass rusher.  8) WPS

East TN HAWG:

Does he start day1?  I’m hoping that Gerald, Taylor, and Bell are strong enough to play Agim at DT.

Hogindasticks:


--- Quote from: East TN HAWG on February 09, 2018, 06:09:53 pm ---Does he start day1?  I’m hoping that Gerald, Taylor, and Bell are strong enough to play Agim at DT.

--- End quote ---
I wanna see Ferrell at DT! Too!

ricepig:


--- Quote from: HogFoo on February 09, 2018, 06:03:41 pm ---they pulled their offer when they realized he wasnt coming. haha... their fans are trying to say that they decided to try to save the scholarship for next years class..   ill call BS on that right now.  DG was the #1 ranked defensive player in juco's and #1 ranked DE period i believe.  You dont just decide to pull that scholarship.  Hell, bama got the #1 defensive guy last year(Buggs) and he started for them this year on their way to a title.  DG will be a monster.  He lined up across from Sosa is gonna be trouble!!  i cant begin to explain how this will help us!  I bet the only person happier than all of us Hog fans and Morris of course is Chavis!  Chavis will have some biggggg time DEs to work with, along with a lockdown CB back from injury and true frosh who played a lot and will be much better as well.. along with some big time depth coming in this class.  Good times coming guys and gals!   good times!!

--- End quote ---

To be honest, Mullen said before signing day that they were saving some scholarships for 2019. He said they wouldn't have 85 on scholarship this fall. I'm sure they'll put some Sr walkon on this fall. It doesn't really matter what happened, just that he's a Hog!

Yosemite Ham:

Woo pig Hell of a get

factchecker:


--- Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on February 09, 2018, 05:51:48 pm ---Well word is Florida pulled offer. But we still beat TAM if that is true

--- End quote ---

Nah..... DG saw this:

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/959947188603367425

The_Boot_stops_here:

Fan-freaking-tastic. Needed this one. Job well done on this one by John Scott and Steve Caldwell. Caldwell will have this guy ballin.

hawg1221:

I wonder what our updated ranking is after this commitment.

JusJim:


--- Quote from: hawg1221 on February 09, 2018, 06:26:59 pm ---I wonder what our updated ranking is after this commitment.

--- End quote ---
49....so not much of a gain.  (Assuming it is updated)

JusJim:

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

And yes it is updated with Dorian Gerald included.

ThisTeetsTaken:


--- Quote from: JIHawg on February 09, 2018, 05:21:04 pm ---Morris and Chavis beat Florida and TAM for this one.  Imagine him on one end, Agim on the other.

--- End quote ---
Agim needs to be back on the edge where he belongs.

Bubba's Bruisers:

Great get!

texas tush hog:


--- Quote from: hawgwash on February 09, 2018, 05:31:45 pm ---Just your typical 3 star recruit, right?

--- End quote ---


Not to worry, now that he has signed with us, he will become a two star

Pig in the Pokey:


--- Quote from: hawgwash on February 09, 2018, 05:31:45 pm ---Just your typical 3 star recruit, right?

--- End quote ---
he's a 4* all day. #4 overall juco

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Go to full version