• 395,421 Topics
• 22,300 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zach Davidson  (Read 5172 times)

RAZ FAN

Zach Davidson
« on: February 06, 2018, 10:29:54 am »

Proud of my sons hard work and wanted to share with fellow Hogs fans. Here is his senior season highlights. Had a great year even with an Achilles injury that he got in 2nd game of yr and played with it taped like a cast for rest of season. 

http://www.hudl.com/v/28MUPc

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
Re: Zach Davidson
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 10:36:09 am »

Proud of my sons hard work and wanted to share with fellow Hogs fans. Here is his senior season highlights. Had a great year even with an Achilles injury that he got in 2nd game of yr and played with it taped like a cast for rest of season. 

was a fine senior year. tough kid; achilles injuries are no joke.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Virgil

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 11:41:06 am »

Good looking kid.  Is he getting any looks?

RAZ FAN

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 12:16:16 pm »

Yes he has had looks from schools. All IVY league school, few others and some offers. One big thing is he didn't go to all the camps during summer that gets most kids the stars etc. Didn't post last yr highlights but you can go to his hudl link and see him have great games/plays against players such as Trey Smith(ESPN #1 recruit overall last yr), other top 10 lineman in country, and also some against Chase Hayden (ARK) last yr.

247Hog

• Senior
  • Regular Sized Rudy Calling the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 12:17:49 pm »

Good looking highlights, great academics. Has a very bright future. Hopefully he can get an opportunity somewhere.

go hogues

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 12:19:11 pm »

Yes he has had looks from schools. All IVY league school, few others and some offers. One big thing is he didn't go to all the camps during summer that gets most kids the stars etc. Didn't post last yr highlights but you can go to his hudl link and see him have great games/plays against players such as Trey Smith(ESPN #1 recruit overall last yr), other top 10 lineman in country, and also some against Chase Hayden (ARK) last yr.
Take the Ivy League schollie every day and twice on Sunday! Congrats.

Flrazrback

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 01:44:20 pm »

Very Nice, thanks for sharing

liljo

• Senior
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 04:41:35 pm »

Congratulations! Looks like you've got a kid to be very proud of! Enjoyed the highlights, and wish him the very best. Looks like a big kid that can get sideline to sideline in a hurry, too.

ChicoHog

• RIP Glenn. You're "Already Gone" way too soon
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 04:52:06 pm »

Take the Ivy League schollie every day and twice on Sunday! Congrats.
Do Ivy league schools give athletic scholarships?  I thought just academic. 

proffitthog

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 04:53:59 pm »

Awesome, looks like the real deal to me.

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 06:00:05 pm »

Correct but I'm sure they work too get athletes someway

oldfart

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 06:09:28 pm »

they find ways to get them schollies

HogBreath

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 06:14:42 pm »

Very impressive highlights and also a great ACT score I noticed.  Very nicely done.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 06:40:59 pm »

There were a bunch of big kids on ALL of those teams for such small facilities. It made sense when you eluded to it being a private school. Did you send his film to Arkansas?

RAZ FAN

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 07:31:43 pm »

There were a bunch of big kids on ALL of those teams for such small facilities. It made sense when you eluded to it being a private school. Did you send his film to Arkansas?
there were a lot of big fast players. Here the private schools have a lot of talent due to some of these schools offer financial assistance (scholarships) to great athletes and steal them from public schools. Not all do but some do. Actually I never sent his tape to Ark. should probably have just to see what they think. He has size, strength, speed to play.

widespreadsooie

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 07:35:14 pm »

You gotta be acing a lot of AP classes to get that GPA. Impressive.

ImHogginIt

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 08:05:47 pm »

You gotta be acing a lot of AP classes to get that GPA. Impressive.

He wants to be a doctor

Dirty

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 08:11:50 pm »

Looks good, I know you are proud!  My son wasn’t big in to sports and I didn’t force him.  He did jus graduate with. Software Engineering degree.  1 & 0? How can that be fun.

Anyway, I know you are proud! As am I.

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 09:14:03 pm »

Ivy Leagues do NOT give academic scholarships--such a big misconception (they say how could they ever differentiate between the best of the best)--nor do they give athletic scholarships!

They give financial aid. The amount of money you get is need-based. That is, if you are very wealthy, you pay full price (regardless of how smart/athletic you are). If you come from less means (many places it is an annual household income <~60k), then it is free (regardless of how smart/athletic you are). It is a scale up from there, with need being calculated for each individual student. 100k household income might get 50k of the 60k a year price tag paid for by the school/endowment in aid, etc. With that said, if you are a coveted athlete they do indeed make sure to give you every benefit of the doubt when calculating said need.

And finally, to be "offered" by an Ivy League school simply means offered a spot on the team AND a guaranteed acceptance to the school. An offer is big because it guarantees you admission, something basically no other students have.

JRHoward

• Varsity
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 06:32:29 pm »

Congrats to you and son.  Wishing him the best!

jackflash

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 07:06:13 am »

wish Mr Davidson the best with his future

Mjs84

• Varsity
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 10:17:21 am »

Not only was he pushing those guys around, he has a sixth sense for where the football is going to be.

discombobulationist

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 11:41:49 am »

Ivy Leagues do NOT give academic scholarships--such a big misconception (they say how could they ever differentiate between the best of the best)--nor do they give athletic scholarships!

They give financial aid. The amount of money you get is need-based. That is, if you are very wealthy, you pay full price (regardless of how smart/athletic you are). If you come from less means (many places it is an annual household income <~60k), then it is free (regardless of how smart/athletic you are). It is a scale up from there, with need being calculated for each individual student. 100k household income might get 50k of the 60k a year price tag paid for by the school/endowment in aid, etc. With that said, if you are a coveted athlete they do indeed make sure to give you every benefit of the doubt when calculating said need.

And finally, to be "offered" by an Ivy League school simply means offered a spot on the team AND a guaranteed acceptance to the school. An offer is big because it guarantees you admission, something basically no other students have.

I found out about this by reading Hillbilly Elegy. The author had basically written off the ivy league until he found out that he was poor enough to basically go for free. I had no idea they operated that way. Pretty surprising.

Maximus Tusk

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the sky at Mt. Magazine
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 10:21:57 am »

You have much to be proud of! He's a gamer for sure. He seems to have a natural instinct for the right angle and when he arrives, he get's the job done by wrapping up those legs. And then the GPA...wow!Congratulations Dad, to you and your son.

rljjr

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 11:12:06 am »

What has he decided to do? I really enjoyed his tape. He's the first guy I've seen to really have his dive-tackles measured out really well. That was something different that stood out to me.

RAZ FAN

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2018, 10:54:13 pm »

What has he decided to do? I really enjoyed his tape. He's the first guy I've seen to really have his dive-tackles measured out really well. That was something different that stood out to me.
Still at this moment hasn't decided. As I'm Hogginit said, he wants to a Dr.  And long story short, couple yrs back he spent couple hrs with a Vandy TE and realized probably that Div 1 football and pre med school are almost impossible.  That is one reason he didn't waste time gong to a lot summer camps and leading coaches on like most athletes do today unfortunately. I feel bad that he really would like to play football and school, but only a few such as Brooks Ellis try it and succeed.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 07:08:55 am »

This is exactly right.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2018, 01:04:44 pm »

Still at this moment hasn't decided. As I'm Hogginit said, he wants to a Dr.  And long story short, couple yrs back he spent couple hrs with a Vandy TE and realized probably that Div 1 football and pre med school are almost impossible.  That is one reason he didn't waste time gong to a lot summer camps and leading coaches on like most athletes do today unfortunately. I feel bad that he really would like to play football and school, but only a few such as Brooks Ellis try it and succeed.

He can graduate with a BS that is related to Pre Med req's, and with a red shirt year possibly get all of his pre med in. I wish in this case that his guidance counselor would have tried to communicate with any athletic department. Arkansas' Academic center and staff would have at worst let him know what to expect and what it would take to get it done. It's still not too late if he's already applied for UA. Hell! It's not too late period. Call the Athletic Department and just see. Even if he has to walk on in the fall semester or next spring if he's paying his way he may get the benefits of the AD academic counseling if he declares his intentions to walk on ASAP... Please do not be afraid to ask...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas