• 394,781 Topics
• 22,262 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: SIGNING DAY updates  (Read 16708 times)

Hog N Bama

• All-American Hogvillian
  • BELIEVE
Re: SIGNING DAY updates
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2018, 08:05:42 am »

I've lived in both, voluntarily, and if I was going to live in any SEC city other than Fayetteville it would be Starkville.  My wife is an MSU alum and I worked in Starkville for 9 years after graduating from the UofA.

Starkville as a whole may have more of a college town feel than Fayetteville because that's all there is.  It's more southern, and more welcoming.  That's not a knock on Fayetteville, just saying those are +'s for Starkville when comparing the two.  Fayetteville is more funky, and more metropolitan and of course offers more opportunities after graduation.  Starkville has great restaurants and a few bars/clubs.  Fayetteville has a better music scene but probably even on the food scene.

Starkville is also more accessible than Fayetteville for recruits living in LA, SE Arkansas, obviously MS, TN, AL, GA, and Florida. 

The athletic department at State has done a very good job cultivating a family culture for all it's sports and the coaches are all very supportive of each other.  Again not to say they are not at the UofA just more visible and vocal in Starkville.  They did a great job hiring Mullen, and seem to be following the same path with Moorehead.  They hit a home run with Vic Schaeffer and got a steal in Ben Howland.  Andy Canizaro hasn't missed a beat in baseball.  He actually spoke to the women's team before they beat SC on Monday.

Dismissing Starkville due to some outdated and misinformed opinion of the place is a tired lazy take.

(this message paid for by the Starkville-Oktibbeha Chamber of Commerce).
Dude, you can spray all the Frebreeze you want, but in the end, it still stinks.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2018, 08:40:12 am »

I've lived in both, voluntarily, and if I was going to live in any SEC city other than Fayetteville it would be Starkville.  My wife is an MSU alum and I worked in Starkville for 9 years after graduating from the UofA.

Starkville as a whole may have more of a college town feel than Fayetteville because that's all there is.  It's more southern, and more welcoming.  That's not a knock on Fayetteville, just saying those are +'s for Starkville when comparing the two.  Fayetteville is more funky, and more metropolitan and of course offers more opportunities after graduation.  Starkville has great restaurants and a few bars/clubs.  Fayetteville has a better music scene but probably even on the food scene.

Starkville is also more accessible than Fayetteville for recruits living in LA, SE Arkansas, obviously MS, TN, AL, GA, and Florida. 

The athletic department at State has done a very good job cultivating a family culture for all it's sports and the coaches are all very supportive of each other.  Again not to say they are not at the UofA just more visible and vocal in Starkville.  They did a great job hiring Mullen, and seem to be following the same path with Moorehead.  They hit a home run with Vic Schaeffer and got a steal in Ben Howland.  Andy Canizaro hasn't missed a beat in baseball.  He actually spoke to the women's team before they beat SC on Monday.

Dismissing Starkville due to some outdated and misinformed opinion of the place is a tired lazy take.

I agree I loved every visit I made to Starkville.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

lumphog

• I love this picture
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2018, 10:55:06 am »

I agree I loved every visit I made to Starkville.
And , some great deer hunting

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2018, 11:49:40 am »

And , some great deer hunting

I was busy with some of those pretty SE Mississippi gals when I was running around there.

Dr. Starcs

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2018, 12:28:44 pm »

I was busy with some of those pretty SE Mississippi gals when I was running around there.

Those wer goats Delta

BadHog

« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2018, 12:38:02 pm »

I could not stand listening to cowbells every freaking home game!

Hog N Bama

• BELIEVE
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2018, 01:13:56 pm »

SE Miss. 😂 Before GPS eh?

Albert Einswine

« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2018, 04:42:01 pm »

Starkville is on a latitude north of Lake Village. Do they import SE Mississippi gals up to Starkville?

TheRazorback500

• It's better to burn out than fade away.
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2018, 09:43:15 pm »

You know Loose Lucy from Lucedale?

hawgdavis

« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2018, 10:47:13 pm »

So what happened with Mincey ? This board has no info anymore.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2018, 11:49:51 pm »

So what happened with Mincey ? This board has no info anymore.
he's a Vol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas