• 394,799 Topics
• 22,262 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A Post Thatís a Couple Years Sooner Than Expected  (Read 5454 times)

FANONTHEHILL

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
A Post Thatís a Couple Years Sooner Than Expected
« on: February 07, 2018, 07:29:09 am »

Signing day is always an exciting time for Razorback Football.  These last couple of weeks have been exciting to watch as we see the team add pieces to the puzzle.  On a personal note, it has also been an interesting couple of weeks for our family.  We have been excited by the offseason program of Coach Carroll and the potential for Cooper to possibly contribute in his redshirt junior year.  But sometimes, you get thrown a curveball.  His long term goal has always been a political science degree, a history degree, and then law school.  Last week Cooper came to the conclusion that he could add a course and complete his political science degree with a history minor this spring and begin law school this fall before his 21st birthday.  After a long family conversation and speaking with faculty, local attorneys, former athletes, and the coaching staff, Cooper is graduating and stepping away from football.  We are so proud that he has made this difficult decision and has a plan for his future.  He should be sitting for the bar exam at 23 years old and we couldnít be prouder.   

So Iíll not be attending practices.  No more inside info.  Just a fan and the father of a former
player.  I have to be honest, it will be hard for our entire family when the season rolls around.  But this is the right decision for his future.  I do want everyone to know that the current staff has been awesome in this process.  They have told Cooper that he is not quitting the team, he is graduating and turning the next page.  They want him around.  They want him in the building.  They want him showing players and recruit parents that you can play football, have a 3.92 GPA and have a degree in three years.  Heís s recruiter now.  Coach Morris, Coach Fry, and Coach Carroll have been awesome and our family is so excited about the future of this program. 

I have had many people over the last couple years PM me asking on behalf of their own family, what is it really like in the program.  I have never told anyone that there is a single second of regret from Cooper and about him choosing to be a Razorback.  That hasnít changed and never will.  Thanks to all of you for the kind words over the last few years.  I likely wonít post as much since I wonít have credible info, but Iíll still be around to spar with anyone who takes a shot at one of these young men who wear the uniform and represent our school and state. 

Cooper is an exceptional young man and his mother and I are very proud of his past and excited for his future.  He believes that politics could be in his future.  So if you could do me one favor.  If you happen to see COOPER SONE on a ballot some time in the future, consider putting a check mark down beside his name.  Heís never let us down, and I donít think heíll let you down either.

God Bless and Go Hogs
Jeff Sone
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 12:35:13 pm by FANONTHEHILL »

woodrow hog call

Re: A Post Thatís a Couple Years Sooner Than Expected
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 07:33:51 am »

Wow great post Fan, congratulations on raising such a level headed young man, best wishes for him in his journey.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 07:37:13 am »

Good luck cooper.

MissippHog

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 07:43:56 am »

Way to go Cooper and good luck!  FOTH, only problem I see with your post is the whole "I likely won't post as much" nonsense.  You are one of the more sane voices around, Hogville needs you  :)

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 07:45:03 am »

And this is what college sports should be about. Players growing, learning, playing and graduating! Congrats Cooper.

East TN HAWG

• Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 07:46:18 am »

My middle daughter graduated in Dec, and I enjoyed that more than my own graduation.  Congratulations dad, and enjoy the ride. 

jsfore

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 07:50:05 am »

Congratulations to Connor and the Sone family!  Have enjoyed the inside conversations and while they may be missed by all we are very proud of what your son was able to accomplish in a short amount of time. God Speed!

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 07:53:56 am »

My middle daughter graduated in Dec, and I enjoyed that more than my own graduation.  Congratulations dad, and enjoy the ride. 

Children graduating college........More important than winning a super bowl.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 07:56:08 am »

Wow.  I know you and your family are very proud of Cooper.  He exemplifies what family and football are all about.  I hope he has a license plate soon that says UA Law.  It's a great law school. 

I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to spending some time with you this Fall.  My son, Matthew, will sign his "Commitment Letter" today at a ceremony with other players at Brentwood High School.  It isn't an LOI, but it does acknowledge the commitment he and the Razorback family have made to each other.  Matthew turned down some good full offers, but Arkansas is where his heart is.  He will do his best to earn a scholarship, but the experience and education he will get at UA will be second to none.  If his mom and I didn't believe that, we would have done our best to have him go somewhere else.  Cooper's experience as a walk-on confirms he made the right choice. 

I'll probably be taking a long vacation from Hogville myself pretty soon.  I have devoted far too much of my time here over the years anyway, but my "tldr" posts have always been from the heart.  Most of all, I have tried to keep some from rewriting Arkansas's history as a football team.  I saw yesterday that PWO commit Peyton Ausley referred to Arkansas as a "sleeping giant".  My guess is I know where he got that from.  I firmly believe we have the right coach at the right time.

Best of luck to Cooper in his law school and professional career.  I hope to meet you both soon.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 07:59:32 am »

Wow.  I know you and your family are very proud of Cooper.  He exemplifies what family and football are all about.  I hope he has a license plate soon that says UA Law.  It's a great law school. 

I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to spending some time with you this Fall.  My son, Matthew, will sign his "Commitment Letter" today at a ceremony with other players at Brentwood High School.  It isn't an LOI, but it does acknowledge the commitment he and the Razorback family have made to each other.  Matthew turned down some good full offers, but Arkansas is where his heart is.  He will do his best to earn a scholarship, but the experience and education he will get at UA will be second to none.  If his mom and I didn't believe that, we would have done our best to have him go somewhere else.  Cooper's experience as a walk-on confirms he made the right choice. 

I'll probably be taking a long vacation from Hogville myself pretty soon.  I have devoted far too much of my time here over the years anyway, but my "tldr" posts have always been from the heart.  Most of all, I have tried to keep some from rewriting Arkansas's history as a football team.  I saw yesterday that PWO commit Peyton Ausley referred to Arkansas as a "sleeping giant".  My guess is I know where he got that from.  I firmly believe we have the right coach at the right time.

Best of luck to Cooper in his law school and professional career.  I hope to meet you both soon.

Well done and congrats to your son Matthew!

HogShat

• Senior
  • Come on in boys! The water is fine!!
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 07:59:45 am »

Wow... Cooper will go far, and we see where he gets it from. Congrats to him.

• Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 08:03:34 am »

Congrats.  Thatís the goal, graduate and move on to the next preferred destination. Law school is a worthwhile effort, tell him to stick with it when it gets hard. (Which given his past there is no doubt he will).

Oklahawg

• Resident Optimistic Pragmatist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Pop Music at It's Finest
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 08:15:12 am »

Quite a thread - two of our classiest posters marking family transitions by sharing with HV.

Isn't it strange? People who have never met build relationships on a message board. We share a love of the Hogs.

Doesn't happen for all people, mind you. I think it is easier for those of us (I am including myself in this category) still see "relationship building" as a significant goal for message board activity. Some of the greatest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting were found right here: David, Jason...you guys are awesome. And, the oddity of it all - finding life-long friends here but not immediately knowing it: Stan, Grag, Ron, Scott, Ron...so glad we had our time together many years ago so we could have our HV time together.

Best to Cooper and Matthew, and Dad and Dad - don't be a stranger. You are still the reason HV is such a great place.

revolution

• Hogvillian
  • Change is inevitable; growth is optional.
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 08:20:56 am »

Thanks for your always classy and gracious words.  May God bless you and your family each day!

MasterChiefHog

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 08:54:15 am »

You are living the dream as a Razorback father. No one could ask for more. I appreciate all your insight and have read most of your posts. I even scan your posts to see what I've missed. It's been great "knowing" you and thank you for all your contributions on HV.
MCH

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 08:56:27 am »

Quite a thread - two of our classiest posters marking family transitions by sharing with HV.

Isn't it strange? People who have never met build relationships on a message board. We share a love of the Hogs.

Doesn't happen for all people, mind you. I think it is easier for those of us (I am including myself in this category) still see "relationship building" as a significant goal for message board activity. Some of the greatest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting were found right here: David, Jason...you guys are awesome. And, the oddity of it all - finding life-long friends here but not immediately knowing it: Stan, Grag, Ron, Scott, Ron...so glad we had our time together many years ago so we could have our HV time together.

Best to Cooper and Matthew, and Dad and Dad - don't be a stranger. You are still the reason HV is such a great place.

Thanks, Oklahawg.  It's always a pleasure sharing my passion for the Razorbacks with my Hogville brothers and sisters. 

hoglady

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 09:00:51 am »

Signing day is always an exciting time for Razorback Football.  These last couple of weeks have been exciting to watch as we see the team add pieces to the puzzle.  On a personal note, it has also been an interesting couple of weeks for our family.  We have been excited by the offseason program of Coach Carroll and the potential for Cooper to possibly contribute in his redshirt junior year.  Last week, he was thrown a curveball.  His long term goal has always been a political science degree, and history degree, and then law school.  Last week Cooper was made aware that he could add a course and complete his political science degree, a history minor this spring and begin law school this fall before his 21st birthday.  After a long family conversation and speaking with faculty, local attorneys, former athletes, and the coaching staff, Cooper is graduating and stepping away from football.  We are so proud that he has made this difficult decision and has a plan for his future.  He should be sitting for the bar exam at 23 years old and we couldn’t be prouder.   

So I’ll not be attending practices.  No more inside info.  Just a fan and the father of a former
player.  I have to be honest, it will be hard for our entire family when the season rolls around.  But this is the right decision for his future.  I do want everyone to know that the current staff has been awesome in this process.  They have told Cooper that he is not quitting the team, he is graduating and turning the next page.  They want him around.  They want him in the building.  They want him showing recruit parents that you can play football, have a 3.92 GPA and have a degree in three years.  He’s s recruiter now.  Coach Morris, Coach Fry, and Coach Carroll have been awesome and our family is so excited about the future of this program. 

I have had many people over the last couple years PM me asking on behalf of their own family, what is it really like in the program.  I have never told anyone that there is a single second or regret from Cooper and our family for him to be a Razorback.  That hasn’t changed and never will.  Thanks to all of you for the kind words over the last few years.  I likely won’t post as much since I won’t have credible info, but I’ll still be around to spar with anyone who takes a shot at one of these young men who wear the uniform and represent our school and state. 

Cooper is an exceptional young man and his mother and I are very proud of his past and excited for his future.  He believes that politics could be in his future.  So if you could do me one favor.  If you happen to see COOPER SONE on a ballot some time in the future, consider putting a check mark down beside his name.  He’s never let us down, and I don’t think he’ll let you down either.

God Bless and Go Hogs
Jeff Sone

Very happy for you and your son - sounds like he made a mature decision for his future.
I'm sure you are a very proud Papa.

But please don't stop posting - if "inside info" was a prerequisite for posting on this site most of us wouldn't be here.

redleg

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 09:06:09 am »

Signing day is always an exciting time for Razorback Football.  These last couple of weeks have been exciting to watch as we see the team add pieces to the puzzle.  On a personal note, it has also been an interesting couple of weeks for our family.  We have been excited by the offseason program of Coach Carroll and the potential for Cooper to possibly contribute in his redshirt junior year.  Last week, he was thrown a curveball.  His long term goal has always been a political science degree, and history degree, and then law school.  Last week Cooper was made aware that he could add a course and complete his political science degree, a history minor this spring and begin law school this fall before his 21st birthday.  After a long family conversation and speaking with faculty, local attorneys, former athletes, and the coaching staff, Cooper is graduating and stepping away from football.  We are so proud that he has made this difficult decision and has a plan for his future.  He should be sitting for the bar exam at 23 years old and we couldnít be prouder.   

So Iíll not be attending practices.  No more inside info.  Just a fan and the father of a former
player.  I have to be honest, it will be hard for our entire family when the season rolls around.  But this is the right decision for his future.  I do want everyone to know that the current staff has been awesome in this process.  They have told Cooper that he is not quitting the team, he is graduating and turning the next page.  They want him around.  They want him in the building.  They want him showing recruit parents that you can play football, have a 3.92 GPA and have a degree in three years.  Heís s recruiter now.  Coach Morris, Coach Fry, and Coach Carroll have been awesome and our family is so excited about the future of this program. 

I have had many people over the last couple years PM me asking on behalf of their own family, what is it really like in the program.  I have never told anyone that there is a single second or regret from Cooper and our family for him to be a Razorback.  That hasnít changed and never will.  Thanks to all of you for the kind words over the last few years.  I likely wonít post as much since I wonít have credible info, but Iíll still be around to spar with anyone who takes a shot at one of these young men who wear the uniform and represent our school and state. 

Cooper is an exceptional young man and his mother and I are very proud of his past and excited for his future.  He believes that politics could be in his future.  So if you could do me one favor.  If you happen to see COOPER SONE on a ballot some time in the future, consider putting a check mark down beside his name.  Heís never let us down, and I donít think heíll let you down either.

God Bless and Go Hogs
Jeff Sone
Congrats to your son and your family. My son, who was born in Little Rock and is a Hogs fan, is in law school in NOLA. Maybe one day they can be on a party ticket together! WPS!

oldman1015

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 09:11:59 am »

Congrats to him, that is  impressive.

HogInThaGrove

• Hogvillian
  • Life's a garden....dig it.
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 09:34:36 am »

Signing day is always an exciting time for Razorback Football.  These last couple of weeks have been exciting to watch as we see the team add pieces to the puzzle.  On a personal note, it has also been an interesting couple of weeks for our family.  We have been excited by the offseason program of Coach Carroll and the potential for Cooper to possibly contribute in his redshirt junior year.  Last week, he was thrown a curveball.  His long term goal has always been a political science degree, and history degree, and then law school.  Last week Cooper was made aware that he could add a course and complete his political science degree, a history minor this spring and begin law school this fall before his 21st birthday.  After a long family conversation and speaking with faculty, local attorneys, former athletes, and the coaching staff, Cooper is graduating and stepping away from football.  We are so proud that he has made this difficult decision and has a plan for his future.  He should be sitting for the bar exam at 23 years old and we couldnít be prouder.   

player.  I have to be honest, it will be hard for our entire family when the season rolls around.  But this is the right decision for his future.  I do want everyone to know that the current staff has been awesome in this process.  They have told Cooper that he is not quitting the team, he is graduating and turning the next page.  They want him around.  They want him in the building.  They want him showing recruit parents that you can play football, have a 3.92 GPA and have a degree in three years.  Heís s recruiter now.  Coach Morris, Coach Fry, and Coach Carroll have been awesome and our family is so excited about the future of this program. 

I have had many people over the last couple years PM me asking on behalf of their own family, what is it really like in the program.  I have never told anyone that there is a single second or regret from Cooper and our family for him to be a Razorback.  That hasnít changed and never will.  Thanks to all of you for the kind words over the last few years.  I likely wonít post as much since I wonít have credible info, but Iíll still be around to spar with anyone who takes a shot at one of these young men who wear the uniform and represent our school and state. 

God Bless and Go Hogs
Jeff Sone

Great stuff.  Congrats on raising a great young man and I hope I'm able to see him on a ballot some time in the future.  Lord knows we need as many good, honest, respectful people in government as possible.  Good luck to him and the whole family!

hoglady

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 09:35:21 am »

And another proud Papa!!
Congratulations again to your son.
Don't stay away too much - you are one of my favorite posters and you know those crazy GSD threads most certainly need your rational posts.

Mo_Better_Hogs

• DE FENSE!! DE FENSE!!
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 09:39:21 am »

Best of luck to the Sone family. Thank you for all your contributions to the cardinal and white.

oldhawg

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 09:44:27 am »

Congratulations to Cooper, you, and the rest of the family.  Am sure you are deservedly proud of Cooper, and will always be there to support him in all of his endeavors.  That's what families are all about.  Don't stop posting, you still have a better perspective than most of the HV posters will ever have.

Bacons Rebellion

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 09:55:21 am »

Congrats! It's surely a good decision. Football is just for the moment unless you're going pro. Cooper has already learned most of the valuable lessons sports teaches.

I had that conversation with my daughter 6 years ago when she was being recruiting by small schools for softball, but she wanted to go to William & Mary (no scholarship softball). No comparison in academics. We have no doubt it was the right decision. She went to W&M, played club ball (against teams like Navy, Kentucky, UVA, etc.) graduated with a  STEM degree, and just accepted an after-work job coaching high school softball -- first practice in 12 days, but Dad isn't counting.

SoonerBaHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 10:01:23 am »

Congrats to you and your son.  I too am a proud father of a U of A graduate.  The best of luck to both of you.

oldhawg

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2018, 10:02:29 am »

Fan On The Hill
bphi11ips
Bacons Rebellion
Oklahawg
Inhogswetrust
Others

Love these personnel insight messages.  They add a little humanity and familiarity to HV.  Family.

hogoffate

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2018, 10:09:10 am »

Congratulations to you both.  A lot of hard work through the years has paid off.

Sed76

• Hogvillian
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2018, 10:11:46 am »

Best of luck to your son and thank you for all the insight you have provided.

liljo

• Senior
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2018, 10:15:25 am »

Congratulations for raising such a fine young man.

That's "the good stuff." May Cooper live a long and blessed life.

jimmiewkersh

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2018, 10:16:16 am »

Congratulations and know you are a blessed family.  Cannot be more proud for you and your family.  Way to go and law school is a wonderful decision.

Hoggish1

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2018, 10:18:13 am »

Thanks Jeff and best of luck to Cooper!

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2018, 10:22:13 am »

God Bless and Go Hogs
Jeff Sone
Congrats to your both your family and most certainly your son. This is a tremendous opportunity and blessing to all involved. Want to wish him all the very best throughout the future. I also want to thank you so much for all your dedication and sharing information concerning the program. It's be much appreciated by this fan.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2018, 10:24:10 am »

And another proud Papa!!
Congratulations again to your son.
Don't stay away too much - you are one of my favorite posters and you know those crazy GSD threads most certainly need your rational posts.

Thank you.  I thought of you when I said "sisters"!  You have always been one of my favorites and know more about football and basketball than most men I know.

The GSD is one reason I probably need to retire for the time being.  You and most know that I love the Razorbacks and will always swear to anyone I meet that the entire state of Arkansas is God's Country.  Please help these guys and gals keep it between the lines. 

FutureMan

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2018, 10:35:59 am »

Such an awesome post.  Thanks for everything you have done on this board, Fan.  And more importantly, good luck to Cooper!  I know he will be successful in wherever life takes him.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2018, 10:38:26 am »

God Bless and Go Hogs
Jeff Sone

Very, very happy for you, your family and of course, for Cooper. That is an incredibly mature decision on his part. I wish him the very best and certainly appreciate the effort and sacrifices that he made the last few years on behalf of the Hogs.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2018, 10:48:07 am »

congrats

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2018, 10:56:02 am »

Signing day is always an exciting time for Razorback Football.  These last couple of weeks have been exciting to watch as we see the team add pieces to the puzzle.  On a personal note, it has also been an interesting couple of weeks for our family.  We have been excited by the offseason program of Coach Carroll and the potential for Cooper to possibly contribute in his redshirt junior year.  Last week, he was thrown a curveball.  His long term goal has always been a political science degree, and history degree, and then law school.  Last week Cooper was made aware that he could add a course and complete his political science degree, a history minor this spring and begin law school this fall before his 21st birthday.  After a long family conversation and speaking with faculty, local attorneys, former athletes, and the coaching staff, Cooper is graduating and stepping away from football.  We are so proud that he has made this difficult decision and has a plan for his future.  He should be sitting for the bar exam at 23 years old and we couldn’t be prouder.   

So I’ll not be attending practices.  No more inside info.  Just a fan and the father of a former
player.  I have to be honest, it will be hard for our entire family when the season rolls around.  But this is the right decision for his future.  I do want everyone to know that the current staff has been awesome in this process.  They have told Cooper that he is not quitting the team, he is graduating and turning the next page.  They want him around.  They want him in the building.  They want him showing recruit parents that you can play football, have a 3.92 GPA and have a degree in three years.  He’s s recruiter now.  Coach Morris, Coach Fry, and Coach Carroll have been awesome and our family is so excited about the future of this program. 

I have had many people over the last couple years PM me asking on behalf of their own family, what is it really like in the program.  I have never told anyone that there is a single second or regret from Cooper and our family for him to be a Razorback.  That hasn’t changed and never will.  Thanks to all of you for the kind words over the last few years.  I likely won’t post as much since I won’t have credible info, but I’ll still be around to spar with anyone who takes a shot at one of these young men who wear the uniform and represent our school and state. 

Cooper is an exceptional young man and his mother and I are very proud of his past and excited for his future.  He believes that politics could be in his future.  So if you could do me one favor.  If you happen to see COOPER SONE on a ballot some time in the future, consider putting a check mark down beside his name.  He’s never let us down, and I don’t think he’ll let you down either.

God Bless and Go Hogs
Jeff Sone

This is truly an outstanding story and is what being a Razorback student athlete is all about. Congrats and be proud. WPS!

snoblind

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2018, 11:01:58 am »

Congrats to Cooper and Matthew!

Hawgey-Davidson

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2018, 11:08:38 am »

Life is about believing in and living your dreams. This is living life. Congrats Fan and family and especially to Cooper. Live life well!

Cotton

• Hogvillian
  • Effin A, Cotton!
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2018, 11:16:13 am »

Once a Hog, Always a Hog.

Best wishes Cooper and family.

Don't be a stranger FOTH.

JS22

• Band Nerd
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2018, 11:17:21 am »

Signing day is always an exciting time for Razorback Football.  These last couple of weeks have been exciting to watch as we see the team add pieces to the puzzle.  On a personal note, it has also been an interesting couple of weeks for our family.  We have been excited by the offseason program of Coach Carroll and the potential for Cooper to possibly contribute in his redshirt junior year.  But sometimes, you get thrown a curveball.  His long term goal has always been a political science degree, a history degree, and then law school.  Last week Cooper came to the conclusion that he could add a course and complete his political science degree with a history minor this spring and begin law school this fall before his 21st birthday.  After a long family conversation and speaking with faculty, local attorneys, former athletes, and the coaching staff, Cooper is graduating and stepping away from football.  We are so proud that he has made this difficult decision and has a plan for his future.  He should be sitting for the bar exam at 23 years old and we couldnít be prouder.   

I have had many people over the last couple years PM me asking on behalf of their own family, what is it really like in the program.  I have never told anyone that there is a single second of regret from Cooper and our family for him to be a Razorback.  That hasnít changed and never will.  Thanks to all of you for the kind words over the last few years.  I likely wonít post as much since I wonít have credible info, but Iíll still be around to spar with anyone who takes a shot at one of these young men who wear the uniform and represent our school and state. 

God Bless and Go Hogs
Jeff Sone

Congrats to Cooper! God bless him in the next phase of his life!

sickboy

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2018, 11:19:03 am »

Once a Hog, Always a Hog.

Best wishes Cooper and family.

Don't be a stranger FOTH.

Unless he's a democrat. Then the fans'll turn on him like a blind pitbull in a hen house.

zane

• Go Hogs!
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2018, 11:26:23 am »

Good for him. Bittersweet for all involved I'm sure but this will probably be the best decision. Congrats to him.

phadedhawg

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2018, 11:40:16 am »

Best of luck to him and to you.  #wps

SweetSassyMolassy

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2018, 11:41:23 am »

Congratulations, that is fantastic!  I hope he at least gets a summer to have a well-earned vacation. ;D

sowmonella

• Who threw a pizza on my roof?
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2018, 01:10:28 pm »

Your pride in Cooper is well deserved. You should keep posting and encourage Cooper to join the fun. I don't believe EXHOGONTHEHILL is taken. 8)

OneTuskOverTheLineô

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2018, 02:09:10 pm »

Proud with you for your son's accomplishments, and I'm proud of you for doing what God called you to do that night that you and your wife were just having a little fun. I'm jealous of the legacy you have, but so glad to celebrate it vicariously through your posts past as well as above. Your logical and rational insight along with actual knowledge have added more to Hogville than anything I can imagine any pay-site has had to offer for the past two years. We have all been truly blessed with your presence... Thank You and +1 again.

OneTuskOverTheLineô

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2018, 02:10:03 pm »

Unless he's a democrat. Then the fans'll turn on him like a blind pitbull in a hen house.
Drop him like a deuce... ;)

Steef

• Idylically living in the Valley of the Cats
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2018, 02:12:22 pm »

player.  I have to be honest, it will be hard for our entire family when the season rolls around.  But this is the right decision for his future.  I do want everyone to know that the current staff has been awesome in this process.  They have told Cooper that he is not quitting the team, he is graduating and turning the next page.  They want him around.  They want him in the building.  They want him showing players and recruit parents that you can play football, have a 3.92 GPA and have a degree in three years.  Heís s recruiter now.  Coach Morris, Coach Fry, and Coach Carroll have been awesome and our family is so excited about the future of this program. 

I have had many people over the last couple years PM me asking on behalf of their own family, what is it really like in the program.  I have never told anyone that there is a single second of regret from Cooper and about him choosing to be a Razorback.  That hasnít changed and never will.  Thanks to all of you for the kind words over the last few years.  I likely wonít post as much since I wonít have credible info, but Iíll still be around to spar with anyone who takes a shot at one of these young men who wear the uniform and represent our school and state. 

God Bless and Go Hogs
Jeff Sone

An ATTORNEY!!!    YUCK!!!

j/k (well, kinda) The world does need a few decent human beings to be attorneys.

Congrats on raising such a splendid son. And thanks.

AFWarrior83

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2018, 02:18:17 pm »

God Bless and Go Hogs
Jeff Sone

What a great post! It sounds like your son has a very bright future. Thank you for the ďinsiderĒ information you brought to the site. Yíall will always be Arkansas Razorbacks.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas