• 394,586 Topics
• 22,260 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jason peters gets a ring  (Read 2382 times)

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
jason peters gets a ring
« on: February 04, 2018, 09:20:48 pm »

nm

hoglady

Re: jason peters gets a ring
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 09:22:50 pm »

This game is not over.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hoglady

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 09:24:22 pm »

Now it's over.
Happy - love the Philly coach.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 09:24:59 pm »

A backup QB tears New England a new one.  BWHAHAHAHA!!!

hoglady

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 09:29:39 pm »

Foles certainly didn't play like a back up QB and hasn't since the playoffs began - he's been great.

sickboy

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 09:30:36 pm »

Foles certainly didn't play like a back up QB and hasn't since the playoffs began - he's been great.

Guy dropped some dimes. You don’t win Super Bowl MVP as a QB and not have some serious talent.

3kgthog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Don't PM me. I never read them.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 09:33:19 pm »

Hogs racking up the rings the last decade. Can’t hurt recruiting.

hawkhawg

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 09:35:26 pm »

Guy dropped some dimes. You don’t win Super Bowl MVP as a QB and not have some serious talent.

Do the eagles win it with Wentz?

longtimeHogfan

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 09:37:00 pm »

Wish Jason could have suited up and played in this game. 

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 09:37:25 pm »

Nope

rzrbkman

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 10:03:50 pm »

Foles is going to be a rich QB in a month or so. A lot of teams will be offering him a fat contract.

King Kong

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 10:09:26 pm »

Foles is going to be a rich QB in a month or so. A lot of teams will be offering him a fat contract.

Eagles have to trade him first

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 10:10:12 pm »

The Eagels were easily the best team in the NFL this season.  Better than the Pats.  This was not a great Pats team...especially on defense.  And Foles isn't chopped liver.  Dude has started many games in his career with some success. 

Never understood Vegas opening with Pats -5.5. 

Do the eagles win it with Wentz?

I think without a doubt.  Eagles were just the most complete team in the NFL this year.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 10:20:35 pm »

The Eagels were easily the best team in the NFL this season.  Better than the Pats.  This was not a great Pats team...especially on defense.  And Foles isn't chopped liver.  Dude has started many games in his career with some success. 

Never understood Vegas opening with Pats -5.5. 

I think without a doubt.  Eagles were just the most complete team in the NFL this year.
Oh I totally agree. Just happy to see shady Brady and the gang not win .

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 10:27:02 pm »

Oh I totally agree. Just happy to see shady Brady and the gang not win .

I'm happy for the Eagles and the city of Philly...been a long time coming.

I've never had any heartburn about Brady and the Pats.  The greatest dynasty in NFL history.  Much respect for them. 

Now I'm hoping the Vikings can break through next year.

sowmonella

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Who threw a pizza on my roof?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 10:32:15 pm »

I'm glad Jason is getting a ring. He will no doubt end up in the HOF. Like him or not T Brady is beyond any shadow of any doubt the GOAT. Just phenomenal.

swineology

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 10:42:30 pm »

I'm glad Jason is getting a ring. He will no doubt end up in the HOF. Like him or not T Brady is beyond any shadow of any doubt the GOAT. Just phenomenal.

Dis right here

SooieGeneris

• Senior
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 10:49:11 pm »

Peters: not bad for a guy recruited to play defense but wasn't wanted by the then DC, then played out of position by the doltish HC.

Just think what an O line that would have been with Andrews and Peters!

Foles: not bad for a guy who got run out of St Louis. How bad does it make Jeff Fisher look when he had Keenum and Foles in St Louis and couldn't even get to 7 wins. With Todd Gurley to hand it to and the DPOY Aaron Donald.

Then Keenum and Foles started against each other in the NFC championship...

Jeff Fisher= the Hooty Nutt of the NFL. Without Eddie George and McNair carrying him in TN, he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near a SB. Throws his name out there for every job opening and can't get so much as an interview.

Ajayi got run out of Miami, the Bears made a half-hearted effort to keep Alshon Jeffery, Chris Long and Blount not retained by NE.. this Philly team played with passion and a purpose.

The defense made only one big play, but it came at the right time. Foles is not a typical backup QB, the guy deserves a shot with a decent team and HC, maybe Arizona with Carson Palmer retiring.

Philly might keep him around in case Wentz isn't ready at the start of the season, but Jacksonville might take a look at Foles also to replace the Dilferish Bortles.

texasdvm

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 10:54:43 pm »

Love Coach Doug Pederson. My son was his first starting QB at Calvary Baptist High School in Shreveport.  I gave him Gus's HUNH book.  He  was just out of the NFL and kind of laughed when I gave to him.  Now he uses the concepts.  During the first spring practice he was meeting with the team during practice and said he had to take a phone call, so he walked away from the team to talk. When he returned he told the kids that it was the San Francisco 49ers and they wanted him to come work with their new rookie Alex Smith QB. $800,000. He told them he already had a job.  Class man.

SooieGeneris

• Senior
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2018, 11:00:49 pm »

Dis right here

Agree. The hate for Brady is silly. While P. Manning spent his later years making annoying commercials, Brady has spent his time working out and turning back time. I've been around a long time and watched all the "major"sports. No player in history has ever played at the level Brady has at age 40 or older in any major sport.

It was sad seeing Willie Mays, John Unitas and many others hobbling around at that age, just hanging on. Peyton Manning in his last 2 years in his late 30s was a shadow of the player he was before that neck injury. Brady played as well as he ever has this year without his best WR.

hoglady

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2018, 11:23:21 pm »

Agree. The hate for Brady is silly. While P. Manning spent his later years making annoying commercials, Brady has spent his time working out and turning back time. I've been around a long time and watched all the "major"sports. No player in history has ever played at the level Brady has at age 40 or older in any major sport.

It was sad seeing Willie Mays, John Unitas and many others hobbling around at that age, just hanging on. Peyton Manning in his last 2 years in his late 30s was a shadow of the player he was before that neck injury. Brady played as well as he ever has this year without his best WR.

I don't get the Brady hate either.
I'm just glad I've gotten to see him play all these years. I remember when Bledsoe got hurt and Brady became the starter. He took that opportunity and ran with it.

swineology

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2018, 11:27:08 pm »

Dude is the GOAT, period. I'm sure he's on 'roids but damn, Brady is great!

hoglady

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2018, 11:28:48 pm »

Peters: not bad for a guy recruited to play defense but wasn't wanted by the then DC, then played out of position by the doltish HC.

Foles: not bad for a guy who got run out of St Louis. How bad does it make Jeff Fisher look when he had Keenum and Foles in St Louis and couldn't even get to 7 wins. With Todd Gurley to hand it to and the DPOY Aaron Donald.

Jeff Fisher= the Hooty Nutt of the NFL. Without Eddie George and McNair carrying him in TN, he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near a SB. Throws his name out there for every job opening and can't get so much as an interview.

Ajayi got run out of Miami, the Bears made a half-hearted effort to keep Alshon Jeffery, Chris Long and Blount not retained by NE.. this Philly team played with passion and a purpose.

The defense made only one big play, but it came at the right time. Foles is not a typical backup QB, the guy deserves a shot with a decent team and HC, maybe Arizona with Carson Palmer retiring.

Philly might keep him around in case Wentz isn't ready at the start of the season, but Jacksonville might take a look at Foles also to replace the Dilferish Bortles.

The announcers were talking about how much better Foles has been in the play offs compared to the regular season. Said Pederson spent the extra week at the end of the regular season studying film of Foles playing under Chip Kelly - recognized his strengths and tweeked the offense to fit.
Good coach - tweeking that offense to fit his QB just won him a Super Bowl.

Irontusk

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 12:39:08 am »

Damn right!  loved it!

Dumb ole famrboy

• Senior
  • Your site for Razorback news.

rzrbk4life

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 04:35:24 am »

Great game. Happy for jason

jgphillips3

• Life is too short for bad beer.
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2018, 07:04:48 am »

The announcers were talking about how much better Foles has been in the play offs compared to the regular season. Said Pederson spent the extra week at the end of the regular season studying film of Foles playing under Chip Kelly - recognized his strengths and tweeked the offense to fit.
Good coach - tweeking that offense to fit his QB just won him a Super Bowl.

What a concept!  Gotta love it.

DemiHOG

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2018, 07:28:41 am »

Philly, philly

NEA_HogFan

• Varsity
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2018, 07:53:14 am »

Dude is the GOAT, period. I'm sure he's on 'roids but damn, Brady is great!

The reason he is still playing at the level he is and staying healthy is because of how he takes care of his body. He eats a plant based diet and focuses on lengethening and softening his muscles for pliability  instead of the traditional weight training. He praises his trainer for introducing him to these methods. If you haven't watched Tom Vs Time on Facebook you should.

https://www.facebook.com/tomvstime/videos/2081108082122933/

Philly, philly

sowmonella

• Who threw a pizza on my roof?
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2018, 08:51:08 am »

The reason he is still playing at the level he is and staying healthy is because of how he takes care of his body. He eats a plant based diet and focuses on lengethening and softening his muscles for pliability  instead of the traditional weight training. He praises his trainer for introducing him to these methods. If you haven't watched Tom Vs Time on Facebook you should.

https://www.facebook.com/tomvstime/videos/2081108082122933/

The dude drinks 37 glasses of water a day just to stay hydrated.

311Hog

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2018, 09:53:31 am »

lumphog

• I love this picture
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2018, 11:26:55 am »

I saw him LATE one night last week just across the bridge from Helena where hwy 49 & 61 cross talking to some guy with a couple hounds

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2018, 12:30:26 pm »

I hate his coach not Brady. 

HogShat

• Senior
  • Come on in boys! The water is fine!!
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2018, 01:41:10 pm »

I saw him LATE one night last week just across the bridge from Helena where hwy 49 & 61 cross talking to some guy with a couple hounds

ISWYDT... Well played...

SamBuckhart

• STAY TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL MY FRIENDS. ARKANSAS
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2018, 02:57:42 pm »

Jason Peters is an all American success story.  Glad for him. Jeff Fitcher is a punk.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2018, 03:34:00 pm »

Jeff Fisher a great assistant who should have never became a HC.

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2018, 12:09:50 pm »

Happy for Jason Peters.
To my knowledge, he was never an offensive lineman growing up, and wasn't recruited that way.
He had the agility and athleticism to play tight end.
Obviously that footwork enabled him to become an elite tackle, after adding the requisite pounds to play the position. The best linemen are both strong and quick on their feet.
He's had a great NFL career.

masbas3

• Varsity
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2018, 02:24:32 pm »

Happy for Jason Peters.
To my knowledge, he was never an offensive lineman growing up, and wasn't recruited that way.
He had the agility and athleticism to play tight end.
Obviously that footwork enabled him to become an elite tackle, after adding the requisite pounds to play the position. The best linemen are both strong and quick on their feet.
He's had a great NFL career.

He will get into the HOF on a first ballot, Jason has had a great NFL career.  I hope he plays at least one more and it wouldn't bother me to see the Eagles win the SB again.  I have no favorite team in the NFL anymore.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2018, 03:34:00 pm »

727 posts about Peter's getting a ring, and no one has questioned what size it will be. I bet that's gonna be one big sucka..!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas