• 394,659 Topics
• 22,261 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It appears details of CMA's contract extension were misreported/misrepresented.  (Read 821 times)

k.c.hawg

The narrative was it was a hollow extension done to help recruiting. Now that the contract is out it is more than obvious that his buyout was extended by two years as well. It has already been said his contract had a flat million dollar buyout which was false. He will be owed $1m for every year of his contract that is not fullfilled if he is terminated. I personally like this because people advising recruits are smart enough to look into coach's contracts. Hollow contracts that have no penalty for terminating a coach show no commitment to the coach but an intent to deceive. Page 3 and 4 provide the details of termination and the key words are "cumulative basis." I was suspicious immediately because he signed the contract in November when there was still $2 million owed in his buyout. I could not figure out why anyone would give up a $1 million in financial security to sign a new deal that could be terminated for $1 million. Hope CMA goes out and makes this contract look like a damn good investment!!

http://www.arkansasonline.com/andersoncontract/#3

labb

• Senior
  • lower arkansas basketball fan

I think that he has already make his contract look like a good investment..A lot have forgotten what a dumpster fire our program was when he gave up a very good situation to come to us.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

razorback1829

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

I think that he has already make his contract look like a good investment..A lot have forgotten what a dumpster fire our program was when he gave up a very good situation to come to us.

You speak facts my man.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian

The narrative was it was a hollow extension done to help recruiting. Now that the contract is out it is more than obvious that his buyout was extended by two years as well. It has already been said his contract had a flat million dollar buyout which was false. He will be owed $1m for every year of his contract that is not fullfilled if he is terminated. I personally like this because people advising recruits are smart enough to look into coach's contracts. Hollow contracts that have no penalty for terminating a coach show no commitment to the coach but an intent to deceive. Page 3 and 4 provide the details of termination and the key words are "cumulative basis." I was suspicious immediately because he signed the contract in November when there was still $2 million owed in his buyout. I could not figure out why anyone would give up a $1 million in financial security to sign a new deal that could be terminated for $1 million. Hope CMA goes out and makes this contract look like a damn good investment!!

http://www.arkansasonline.com/andersoncontract/#3
Youíve already posted about this in other threads.

He is a top 15 paid coach.  He should be giving some money back soon if he doesnít get the program there or our roi is crap. 

raz1965

• Varsity

I guess the posters that said the buyout was a flat million was just trying to rattle the Anderson fans or just assumed what they wanted too. I like Hogville but at least half the posts are garbage, I guess the ignorant support the hog program financially the same as reasonable minded people. Go Hogs.

FineAsSwine

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville think tank

He is a top 15 paid coach.  He should be giving some money back soon if he doesnít get the program there or our roi is crap.

Bielema ain't giving us crap! He torched us and robbed us blind then left smiling like a fat kid living in a donut shop.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian

Bielema ain't giving us crap! He torched us and robbed us blind then left smiling like a fat kid living in a donut shop.

Agreed. A much worse ROI.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian

We just paid a coach 12 mill to walk.   Mikes contract means nothing if he did in fact need to be let go

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian

We just paid a coach 12 mill to walk.   Mikes contract means nothing if he did in fact need to be let go

Reality.   This buyout isnít prohibitive whatever it is.   

Doesnít matter right now. He is safe if he does good enough and no reason to think he wonít keep that up.   

k.c.hawg

Yes I have and since all the other threads had 75% of the people posting that it was a symbolic gesture, with no changes in his buyout, with no extra financial ramifications to fire him, that it was simply done for recruiting, I felt it needed it's own thread. And, it is being reported that way by Arkansas media that covers the basketball team......I want any recruit that looks at this board to know it is BS and is being perpetuated by people that don't know the facts and people that have an agenda against the coach. Everyone should know (including recruits) it is not a symbolic extension that happens many times, it was a 2 year extension with a raise and an agreement to add $2 million to his buyout should he be terminated. Now I hope the coach keeps the arrow pointing up on the program, the extra buyout money means very little in terms of job security but his contract details should no be misrepresented to back up an agenda.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian

Yes I have and since all the other threads had 75% of the people posting that it was a symbolic gesture, with no changes in his buyout, with no extra financial ramifications to fire him, that it was simply done for recruiting, Ifelt it needed it's own thread. And, it is being reported that way by Arkansas media that covers the basketball team......I want any recruit that looks at this board to know it is BS and is being perpetuated by people that don't know the facts and people that have an adenda against the coach. Everyone should know (including recruits) it is not a symbolic extension that happens many times, it was a 2 year extension with a raise and an agreement to add $2 million to his buyout should he be terminated. Now I hope the coach keeps the arrow pointing up on the progam, the extra buyout money means very little in terms of job security but his contract details should no be misrepresented to back up an agenda.

The buyout amount would not prevent his firing.  However we may be a little hesitant till BBs is mitigated by him getting another job.  If it were to get to that point.  I think MA keeps doing enough.

k.c.hawg

I could care less about the buyout. What I don't like is people calling the extension symbolic and hollow and was only given to assist in recruiting. Recruits read these boards and they should know it was not symbolic and hollow. It was an extension that was indicative of a belief that the program is on the rise due to the coach.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian

I could care less about the buyout. What I don't like is people calling the extension symbolic and hollow and was only given to assist in recruiting. Recruits read these boards and they should know it was not symbolic and hollow. It was an extension that was indicative of a belief that the program is on the rise due to the coach.

Well...maybe that was Longís view. 

k.c.hawg

The contract was originated last April, Mike, the chancelor, the president and the bot  didn't sign until after Long's arse had been run.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian

The contract was originated last April, Mike, the chancelor, the president and the bot  didn't sign until after Long's arse had been run.

He initiated it.  It was signed because you donít not extend a coach you donít plan on firing.   The part you donít want to hear.   This extension is not big news.   

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net

Let him miss the tournament this year and next and you will see just how symbolic it is.

k.c.hawg

He initiated it.  It was signed because you donít not extend a coach you donít plan on firing.  The part you donít want to hear.   This extension is not big news.   

OK I will assume you mispoke. If not it is the stupidist analogy I've ever heard. We are going to fire this guy so get in there and rework his deal so we have to pay him $2 million more when we fire him. Seriously??

I'm sure Long did initiate it. But if your wife initiated something you didn't want to happen would you sign off on it after you divorced her?? None of this minutia means s##t other than people being all too willing to characterize the extension in a way that fit their agenda WITHOUT the facts.

k.c.hawg

Let him miss the tournament this year and next and you will see just how symbolic it is.

It will be symbolic with 7 figures beginning with a $ and a 2.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net

It will be symbolic with 7 figures beginning with a $ and a 2.

Yep.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian

OK I will assume you mispoke. If not it is the stupidist analogy I've ever heard. We are going to fire this guy so get in there and rework his deal so we have to pay him $2 million more when we fire him. Seriously??

I'm sure Long did initiate it. But if your wife initiated something you didn't want to happen would you sign off on it after you divorced her?? None of this minutia means s##t other than people being all too willing to characterize the extension in a way that fit their agenda WITHOUT the facts.

Didnít misspeak.  You are in denial of why contracts for coaches are extended in situations like this. 

AlmaHog2011

• Hogvillian

Anderson isn't going anywhere and I am dang glad he's here!

But the dumpster fire BS is just that BS. He won with Portis and Qualls and the next season we didn't make any tournament. Were we a dumpster fire then?

k.c.hawg

Didnít misspeak.  You are in denial of why contracts for coaches are extended in situations like this. 

No, they often are extended just in the way that the anti CMA people on here portrayed his extension to be. With no additional buyout. You don't give a coach you are contemplating firing 2 more years of buyout at $1m a year. A $100k raise and $2 million more if we terminate you.........right.

latrops

• All-American Hogvillian

Reality.   This buyout isnít prohibitive whatever it is.   

Doesnít matter right now. He is safe if he does good enough and no reason to think he wonít keep that up.

This.  If the decision makers decide to let him go, then they will do it.  A buyout of one million or three million isn't much of a factor.

The extension does confirm the obvious that he is not getting fired any time soon.  He has through next season at a minimum.

latrops

• All-American Hogvillian

No, they often are extended just in the way that the anti CMA people on here portrayed his extension to be. With no additional buyout. You don't give a coach you are contemplating firing 2 more years of buyout at $1m a year. A $100k raise and $2 million more if we terminate you.........right.

Who says anyone is contemplating firing Anderson any time soon?

k.c.hawg

Who says anyone is contemplating firing Anderson any time soon?

See the above post where the Atl claims tey extended him because they planned on firing him!! I offered him the opportunity to say he mispoke but he say's I'm naive!! They gave him an extra $2m in a buyout because they were contemplating firing him. Even though the extension was signed off on in the last month.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian

Who is contemplating firing?

k.c.hawg

He initiated it. It was signed because you donít not extend a coach you donít plan on firing.   The part you donít want to hear.   This extension is not big news.   

I think that would be you. This is why I asked you if you mispoke....maybe a don't where you didn't intend it to be.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian

See the above post where the Atl claims tey extended him because they planned on firing him!! I offered him the opportunity to say he mispoke but he say's I'm naive!! They gave him an extra $2m in a buyout because they were contemplating firing him. Even though the extension was signed off on in the last month.
Donít not extend a coach you donít plan on firing = extend coaches you plan on keeping. 

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian

I think that would be you. This is why I asked you if you mispoke....maybe a don't where you didn't intend it to be.

Did would be past tense.   This goes for every coach now and in the future.  Weíve had this same discussion many times for other coaches across different sports.   Nothing different about this situation. 

k.c.hawg

Did would be past tense.   This goes for every coach now and in the future.  Weíve had this same discussion many times for other coaches across different sports.   Nothing different about this situation. 

I see the error of my ways. I'm not quite used to the don't/not, double negative. I should have realized I was on a sports board.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 07:55:56 pm by k.c.hawg »

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian

I see the error of my ways. I'm not quite used to the don't/not, double negative. I should have realized I was on a sports board.

Yep.  Not well written on my part. Happens when I type on phone as I try to be brief.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas