• 394,638 Topics
• 22,262 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John Chavis Blitz Packages  (Read 888 times)

Randy Beaver

John Chavis Blitz Packages
« on: January 24, 2018, 09:15:20 am »

Do any of you guys that have studied John Chavis know how much he blitzes on defense or anything about his blitz packages?  My wife and I were talking this morning, and we just don't feel that we have blitzed enough under Bielema to put pressure on opposing quarterbacks.  We came to this epiphany last night honestly.  One of my passions is going to yard sales on Friday and Saturday mornings.  A couple of months ago I was lucky enough to find a Sega Genesis and a whole shoe box full of games for $25.00 at a yard sale in Pea Ridge.  One of the games that my wife and I like to play right before bed is Bill Walsh's College Football.  Through playing that, I've discovered how effective blitzing at the college level can be.  My wife cannot score with me.  I blitz every time.  Now I do mix it up well.  Double safety blitz, blitz only one safety, corner blitz, different blitzes with my linebackers.  Sometimes I just sell out and bring the house running a punt block defense on 1st down!!  That always catches Evelyn by surprise!! Not only do we have lots of fun playing this game, it has helped us to get better sleep too.  Our two cats, Pancake and Pawl McCatney, absolutely hate the sound effects on the game.  Scares them so much that they leave our bed and hide under the couch in the living room.  I am glad because those two are bed hogs.  Anyway, hopefully Coach Chavis understands the benefits of blitzing.  I penned a letter to him this morning welcoming him to Fayetteville and explaining to him my thoughts on using and disguising blitz packages.  Wooo Pig Soooie!!

Hog_Swanson

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • WWWWD?
Re: John Chavis Blitz Packages
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 09:25:38 am »

I for one, would LOVE to read the letter you wrote to Chavis.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

cmphill87

• Bench Warmer
  • Wooo sooo piggy!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 09:26:48 am »

Was this post serious, because I honestly can't tell....Chavis is known for blitzing, not to mention A&M lead the country in sacks last year. Pretty sure he doesn't need advice from a cat owning expert Sega player. I mean starting a thread like this is ludicrous. darn I took the bait... :puke:

Grizzlyfan

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 09:27:33 am »

I ain't gonna lie, this made me laugh.

Hog_Swanson

• WWWWD?
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 09:29:13 am »

Was this post serious, because I honestly can't tell....Chavis is known for blitzing, not to mention A&M lead the country in sacks last year. Pretty sure he doesn't need advice from a cat owning expert Sega player. I mean starting a thread like this is ludicrous. darn I took the bait... :puke:
Hook line and sinker.

Busta_Nutt

• Varsity
  • "Wow!" - Owen Wilson
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 09:43:18 am »

Do any of you guys that have studied John Chavis know how much he blitzes on defense or anything about his blitz packages?  My wife and I were talking this morning, and we just don't feel that we have blitzed enough under Bielema to put pressure on opposing quarterbacks.  We came to this epiphany last night honestly.  One of my passions is going to yard sales on Friday and Saturday mornings.  A couple of months ago I was lucky enough to find a Sega Genesis and a whole shoe box full of games for $25.00 at a yard sale in Pea Ridge.  One of the games that my wife and I like to play right before bed is Bill Walsh's College Football.  Through playing that, I've discovered how effective blitzing at the college level can be.  My wife cannot score with me.  I blitz every time.  Now I do mix it up well.  Double safety blitz, blitz only one safety, corner blitz, different blitzes with my linebackers.  Sometimes I just sell out and bring the house running a punt block defense on 1st down!!  That always catches Evelyn by surprise!! Not only do we have lots of fun playing this game, it has helped us to get better sleep too.  Our two cats, Pancake and Pawl McCatney, absolutely hate the sound effects on the game.  Scares them so much that they leave our bed and hide under the couch in the living room.  I am glad because those two are bed hogs.  Anyway, hopefully Coach Chavis understands the benefits of blitzing.  I penned a letter to him this morning welcoming him to Fayetteville and explaining to him my thoughts on using and disguising blitz packages.  Wooo Pig Soooie!!

You're an idiot, but this is an all-time post. Well done, Beav.

steveaustin69

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 09:49:28 am »

Do you ever have anything to actually contribute or just made up stories?

Randy Beaver

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 09:51:27 am »

Do you ever have anything to actually contribute or just made up stories?

This is a question about Chavis and blitzing.  You are welcomed to join our weekly NCAA football discussion group during the football season.  There you will be able to see my true passion for American style collegiate football and just how much I can contribute.  If not, quit stalking me please.

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 09:53:50 am »

This is one of my favorite s

The Kid

• Senior
  • It might get loud.
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 10:04:36 am »

My wife cannot score with me.  I blitz every time.

That's quite an admission.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 10:09:38 am »

Just one question Randy, are you playing rookie or pro mode?

TexasRazorback

• Senior
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 10:23:56 am »

I remember when i played madden and NCAA and thought I could be a coach because of a video game. But this did give me a little bit of a chuckle

jbigs77

• Varsity
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 10:33:23 am »

I enjoyed your post. Thank you +1

HogginUp

• Band Nerd
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 10:33:47 am »

I ain't gonna lie, this made me laugh.
I'm crying laughing!

preachr

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 10:45:57 am »

Our two cats, Pancake and Pawl McCatney, absolutely hate the sound effects on the game.

Best line in the best post of the year. I salute you!

HamIAm

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 10:54:59 am »

I hear that Saban's true genius is that he runs endless simulations on Sega in preparation for upcoming games.

SemperHawg

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 10:56:44 am »

Randy Beaver starting to become one of my favorite posters on Hogville.   I think Bo needs to do one of those YouTube series on him...   "Being Randy Beaver"

Hoggish1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 11:01:26 am »

This is a question about Chavis and blitzing.  You are welcomed to join our weekly NCAA football discussion group during the football season.  There you will be able to see my true passion for American style collegiate football and just how much I can contribute.  If not, quit stalking me please.

Someone stalking Beaver? lol

ArkansasI

• '89 & '92
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 11:07:06 am »

Randy Beaver starting to become one of my favorite posters on Hogville.   I think Bo needs to do one of those YouTube series on him...   "Being Randy Beaver"
This.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 11:34:11 am »

Coach is a registered poster now. just send yourself, er um him a PM...

Hog_Swanson

• WWWWD?
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 12:51:32 pm »

All the good ones get trashed.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 03:27:05 pm »

I for one, would LOVE to read the letter you wrote to Chavis.
Dear John,

If you've seen one, you've seen them all...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas