• 394,683 Topics
• 22,262 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RB Charles Strong announces top 3, talks Arkansas  (Read 4171 times)

Richard Davenport

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • TRD - The Recruiting Dog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
Re: RB Charles Strong announces top 3, talks Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 10:49:40 pm »

Excellent interview. Sure does seem like an uphill battle given his relationship with Fisher...

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ArkansasI

• All-American Hogvillian
  • '89 & '92
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 08:51:21 am »

Richard,

You did a fantastic job in that interview.  You asked questions to which fans want hear answers.

As he warmed up to the interview, Charles' responses became more revealing.  The chance to play and create a legacy is important to him - and Arkansas provides that opportunity better than some teams that have been more successful the past few years.

He has a relationship with Fisher, but it won't be the same at A&M - we can all understand how it might seem odd since they spent so much time together at FSU.  That unexpected break from Florida State might have cooled Charles...  Fisher left FSU after bringing that program down.

I am not under the illusion that the Hogs are the team to beat.  However, Coach Morris is a high energy guy, and he's riding his horse - Clemson's success and his quick ascension from SMU to Arkansas.  The door is cracked open, hopefully we can blow the hinges off if Charles makes his visit.

Rock City Razorback

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 09:46:31 am »

Although doesn't seem like a burner, and has a bigger frame, he also has phenomenal balance!

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 03:30:44 pm »

Hope we can land this young man.

rljjr

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 03:58:24 pm »

How many RBs can we afford to take? One? Two? None? I guess we take the best players available at this point with only 6-8 slots left.

VirginiaHog

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 07:24:36 pm »

I will be shocked if we do t get Boyd. That said, I wonder if we have room for Strong.

Hogindasticks

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 09:23:49 pm »

LOL...The assistants look dead.....love it!

Richard Davenport

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • TRD - The Recruiting Dog
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 11:02:55 am »

Richard,

You did a fantastic job in that interview.  You asked questions to which fans want hear answers.

As he warmed up to the interview, Charles' responses became more revealing.  The chance to play and create a legacy is important to him - and Arkansas provides that opportunity better than some teams that have been more successful the past few years.

He has a relationship with Fisher, but it won't be the same at A&M - we can all understand how it might seem odd since they spent so much time together at FSU.  That unexpected break from Florida State might have cooled Charles...  Fisher left FSU after bringing that program down.

I am not under the illusion that the Hogs are the team to beat.  However, Coach Morris is a high energy guy, and he's riding his horse - Clemson's success and his quick ascension from SMU to Arkansas.  The door is cracked open, hopefully we can blow the hinges off if Charles makes his visit.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm my own worst critic. I'll listen back and say I should've asked this and that.

247Hog

• Senior
  • Regular Sized Rudy Calling the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 05:48:53 pm »

Excellent interview. Sure does seem like an uphill battle given his relationship with Fisher...

He just looks like a sleaze IMO. I would rather play for 100 other coaches in College before Fisher.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas