• 394,678 Topics
• 22,262 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazing finish!  (Read 516 times)

alohawg

Amazing finish!
« on: January 14, 2018, 07:21:28 pm »

How 'bout them.....Vikings! Happy for those guys, great great game and wow what a finish! Hope Jarius Wright gets a ring.

Dr. Starcs

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
Re: Amazing finish!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 07:26:51 pm »

Horrible coaching by Zimmer down the stretch. But happy for the vikes nonetheless. Here’s hoping to another win at Phlly.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

alohawg

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:39:06 pm »

Absolutely,  hate the eaglets.

Hoggiedawg

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 07:43:44 pm »

Go Vikings!  It's about time something went their way.

hoglady

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 08:05:07 pm »

I'm sick - I have 3 teams I love - the Hogs, the Red Sox and the Saints.
I've been a Saints fan since the day they came into existence - remember going to games when fans wore sacks on their heads. I'm not surprised but so disappointed. It's just hard to explain what the defender thought he was doing.
Go Vikings the rest of the way!!

hoglady

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 10:05:32 pm »

Bet there are still some very unhappy Minnesota fans.
Saints still covered the spread when Minnesota decided to take a knee instead of kicking the extra point.
The spread was 5 1/2.

HognitiveDissonance

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 01:19:08 am »

Great game.

Saints...man. That had to be possibly the worst ending for a game I've ever seen. No way in Hades should that play have happened. I don't know what he was doing, except maybe trying to avoid a penalty. Game can't end on a defensive penalty. So he just kind of dove, but not trying to do much. Well, problem is, there was nobody behind him...

hoglady

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 06:31:26 am »

Great game.

Saints...man. That had to be possibly the worst ending for a game I've ever seen. No way in Hades should that play have happened. I don't know what he was doing, except maybe trying to avoid a penalty. Game can't end on a defensive penalty. So he just kind of dove, but not trying to do much. Well, problem is, there was nobody behind him...

And he took out the trailing corner - the only other player on the field that had a chance to make the tackle.
In essence, he threw a block for the Vikings. Feel sorry for the kid - he's a rookie, but what a horrible, horrible play.

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 09:05:17 am »

Vikings win, Steelers lose.

A fantastic day.

EastexHawg

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 02:11:01 pm »

Great game.

I think he was going for the spectacular, flip the receiver on his head, ESPN highlight hit.  He whiffed and the Saints lost.  Can't say I am sorry about that.  Most of the LSU fans I know are also Saints fans.

alohawg

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 12:42:30 am »

I think he was going for the spectacular, flip the receiver on his head, ESPN highlight hit.  He whiffed and the Saints lost.  Can't say I am sorry about that.  Most of the LSU fans I know are also Saints fans.

For all those years working on a rig out in the gulf with LSU/Saints fans always dogging the hogs/Cowboys- I must say yesterday was quite enjoyable for me. Go vike's and jags.

holeinthewall

• Senior
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 07:38:35 am »

He said he knew he was going to be early with the hit so he tried to slow up and duck and catch him as the ball arrived.  He just missed it.  Would have better better off taking the PI but then the Vikings would of had a FG try for the win anyways.

HognitiveDissonance

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 02:54:54 pm »

He said he knew he was going to be early with the hit so he tried to slow up and duck and catch him as the ball arrived.  He just missed it.  Would have better better off taking the PI but then the Vikings would of had a FG try for the win anyways.
Yes, that's exactly what it appeared like. He didn't want a penalty, so he pulled up. There was a method to the madness.
If I remember NFL rules, pass interference is placed at the spot of the foul, which makes it a huge penalty. Unlike college, which is 15 yards max.
Since the game can't end on a defensive penalty, even if time had run out, the Vikings would have had the ball placed there, and been allowed to run another play, which certainly would have been a FG attempt to possibly win.

Thinking through it, it makes Marcus Williams look much less lame than the play appeared to most people, but he knew the rules.

holeinthewall

• Senior
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 01:07:46 pm »

Yes, that's exactly what it appeared like. He didn't want a penalty, so he pulled up. There was a method to the madness.
If I remember NFL rules, pass interference is placed at the spot of the foul, which makes it a huge penalty. Unlike college, which is 15 yards max.
Since the game can't end on a defensive penalty, even if time had run out, the Vikings would have had the ball placed there, and been allowed to run another play, which certainly would have been a FG attempt to possibly win.

Thinking through it, it makes Marcus Williams look much less lame than the play appeared to most people, but he knew the rules.

If he hadn't taken out his own player in the process he would have probably been tackled.

jswineberiaskirk

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 02:56:05 pm »

Vikings win, Steelers lose.

A fantastic day.

This.

HenduHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 03:35:42 pm »

You're prolly right about being less lame, but. One thing people harp about is not looking at your man when you tackle. How many times do we see a guy duck his head and dive at the legs and get a big wiff. All the time. Dude, you're a pro, rookie or not. Get your damn head up and watch.

ArkyFan2626

• Band Nerd
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 02:16:56 pm »

Super excited for the games this weekend. Hoping the Jags can beat the Patriots.

hoglady

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 03:54:37 pm »

Super excited for the games this weekend. Hoping the Jags can beat the Patriots.

Well - things may be looking better depending on the severity of Brady's injury to his throwing hand.

alohawg

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 04:15:18 pm »

The jag defense is legit, which gives them a chance, even in Foxboro.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 01:00:26 pm »

Reminds me of the Immaculate Reception !

hoglady

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 11:54:51 am »

Reminds me of the Immaculate Reception !

I was a huge Pittsburgh fan back then (loved Bradshaw) so I have fond memories of that play.
Unfortunately - I'm a Saints fan so this play I'd like to forget.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas