• 395,362 Topics
• 22,295 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MA's Time Out Huddle  (Read 4090 times)

draftkings33

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: MA's Time Out Huddle
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 02:24:32 pm »

Look like you're stuck in mud!
Play hard!
Need some heart!
Don't give up!

Good job Mike. Don't mention fundamentals......absolute joke.
I would much rather have that than these coaches that start drawing crap up that they will never even do in the game. 

Letsroll1200

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2018, 02:26:38 pm »

Play hard!
Need some heart!
Don't give up!

You know there is some material they're not able to show.  Keep Watching!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

draftkings33

• Senior
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2018, 02:28:23 pm »

Play hard!
Need some heart!
Don't give up!

Are you one of these guys who thinks defenders should keep their hands up??  Wanna run a set play evertime down the court?

RagingHawgOn

• Senior
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2018, 12:31:05 am »

Are you one of these guys who thinks defenders should keep their hands up??  Wanna run a set play evertime down the court?

Actually yes. I'm old school. I don't believe in rolling the ball on the court and see what happens. I don't believe in wasting a time out to tell my guys I love them. I don't believe a time out is necessary to tell my guys they look slow. IMHO timeouts are best spent coaching your effing team.

I'd never expect a snowflake such as yourself to understand where I'm coming from.

RagingHawgOn

• Senior
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2018, 12:43:34 am »

I would much rather have that than these coaches that start drawing crap up that they will never even do in the game.
Good point. Hard to draw crap when you don't know how to draw crap.

southeasthog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Resident Inspector
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2018, 08:34:40 am »

What in the world would he draw up?

ďItís been different,Ē Portis said last week after practice. ďComing from college to this is very different. College is more up-and-down, tempo type of thing. NBA is more confined and structure-based. Itís different because at my college, we didnít even run plays. We just got me the ball or got [Arkansas teammate] Mike Qualls the ball, a clear-out type thing. But now itís more of a dribble-drive, setting pick-and-rolls, pick-and-pops, so itís kind of different for me.Ē

ballz2thewall

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2018, 08:59:42 am »

the enterprise could beam MA aboard at any time during a game
and the team would play exactly the same.
the team is what it is. MA is not a factor.

hobhog

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2018, 09:17:20 am »

ďItís been different,Ē Portis said last week after practice. ďComing from college to this is very different. College is more up-and-down, tempo type of thing. NBA is more confined and structure-based. Itís different because at my college, we didnít even run plays. We just got me the ball or got [Arkansas teammate] Mike Qualls the ball, a clear-out type thing. But now itís more of a dribble-drive, setting pick-and-rolls, pick-and-pops, so itís kind of different for me.Ē

oldman1015

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2018, 10:01:07 am »

Wow

jst01

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2018, 10:48:50 am »

Yikes. Time for a new style at AR. The writing is on the wall. This style and recruiting wonít get past the first weekend in the tourney.

McBain

« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2018, 12:14:15 pm »

have you guys never heard mike anderson get interviewed before?  Iíve never come away feeling too impressed with his basketball acumen. Seems like a guy that should be a janitor.

Wild Bill Hog

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2018, 12:16:28 pm »

have you guys never heard mike anderson get interviewed before?  Iíve never come away feeling too impressed with his basketball acumen. Seems like a guy that should be a janitor.

He does have a lot of experience getting mopped.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2018, 12:19:50 pm »

“It’s been different,” Portis said last week after practice. “Coming from college to this is very different. College is more up-and-down, tempo type of thing. NBA is more confined and structure-based. It’s different because at my college, we didn’t even run plays. We just got me the ball or got [Arkansas teammate] Mike Qualls the ball, a clear-out type thing. But now it’s more of a dribble-drive, setting pick-and-rolls, pick-and-pops, so it’s kind of different for me.”

This should not be news to anyone that has watched Mike coach before he got here. NOTHING has changed.

Beaverfever

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2018, 12:21:03 pm »

That quote is scary.  I figured there were plays that just generated got scrapped.  The plan actually being there is no plan is startling.

Sivad

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2018, 03:25:01 pm »

have you guys never heard mike anderson get interviewed before?  Iíve never come away feeling too impressed with his basketball acumen.
For 7 years, all his interviews consist of nothing but silly basketball cliches, ďneed to put the ball in the hoopĒ and similar drivel. You just have to think (hope) he is trying to hide his basketball smarts.

fieldturf

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2018, 04:32:36 pm »

Year 7 and still haven't established or returned to the glory days, but Chris Beard has Texas Tech beating No. 2 and he was in our backyard for a year.....  But I guess our AD at that time didn't notice him!!!!

Slater

• Varsity
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2018, 11:23:10 pm »

Play hard!
Need some heart!
Don't give up!

What a stupid post
Practice is where you preach and teach fundamentals
Anyone who has ever coached or played knows the timeout- pit stop is not about changing the program or players in that brief time
Geez, the Mike haters never cease to display great basketball insight

Slater

• Varsity
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2018, 11:26:22 pm »

Another idiotic post, other guys you likely are not impressed with, Nolan, John Thompson, Dusty Baker, Tony Dungy, Mike Tomlin

razorback1829

• Senior
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2018, 11:27:09 pm »

Pretty much a stupid OP to begin with. You fool. You'll never see a play or really and real strategy in those clips. It's still incredible fans ignorance still surprises me now days. Y'all are hilarious.

jst01

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2018, 07:54:32 am »

Pretty much a stupid OP to begin with. You fool. You'll never see a play or really and real strategy in those clips. It's still incredible fans ignorance still surprises me now days. Y'all are hilarious.

What you think about Portisí Quote saying they didnít even run plays at AR when he was here? You think that is normal from teams that get to the sweet 16 each year?

razorback1829

• Senior
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2018, 07:59:00 am »

What you think about Portisí Quote saying they didnít even run plays at AR when he was here? You think that is normal from teams that get to the sweet 16 each year?

Like I said, if you have to try that hard to fit that Portia quote into your agenda, you're a sad person. And a sh*tty Hog fan. Stay in your hole.

jst01

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2018, 08:04:14 am »

Like I said, if you have to try that hard to fit that Portia quote into your agenda, you're a sad person. And a sh*tty Hog fan. Stay in your hole.

Not hard to fit. AR didnít run plays with Portis here. Hence, Mike didnít draw up any plays. You getting defensive about it shows it hits home with the blind.

bkjbearcat

• Senior
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2018, 08:49:01 am »

Year 7 and still haven't established or returned to the glory days, but Chris Beard has Texas Tech beating No. 2 and he was in our backyard for a year.....  But I guess our AD at that time didn't notice him!!!!

Chris Beard didn't have enough integrity for Mr. Integrity Jeff Long.

lynbug

• Senior
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2018, 09:00:37 am »

Wow!  Well now we can quit arguing about changing strategies because, apparently, there are no strategies.  This is MA's game plan.  Thanks, Bobby.  I feel much better now ::) ::) ::)

Roy Bacon

• Band Nerd
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2018, 10:26:23 am »

thanks Bobby for giving credibility to those who knew this all along and for enlightening those who could not see . 

respirback

« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2018, 10:41:56 am »

Iíd love it if just once we would see him diagramming a play. 

Nolan could yell at his players and they would go perform for fear of their lives. I donít see that with Coach Anderson. He seems like too nice of a guy.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2018, 10:51:18 am »

I if Bobby was sitting in front of a monitor with it qued up he would back off that statement to some degree. We ran plenty of pick and rolls when he was here and some pick and pop as well. We don't run set plays for 48 minutes but his statement here is not factual. And, I love BP, one of the best Razorbacks to ever walk this earth, loved being a Hog, loves to represent the Hogs, always promoting the Hogs, but this is more of a statement to explain the compexity of NBA ball.

Roy Bacon

• Band Nerd
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2018, 12:21:25 pm »

and your agenda is what ?  mediocrity ?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas