• 394,622 Topics
• 22,261 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lots of folks whining that the SEC uh National Championship would not be watched  (Read 734 times)

LRHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfin' Hogville

I don't see the four-team model changing any time soon, as much as I'd like to see a team like UCF given a fair shot.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.

I don't see the four-team model changing any time soon, as much as I'd like to see a team like UCF given a fair shot.

When a team like UCF plays the type of schedule that deserves a fair shot, they will get one. UCF in the regular season + ccg won 2 games against top 20 teams, and it was the same team both times, Memphis.

elksnort

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Lucy, 10-11-2004 - 10-30-2015

UCF deserves plenty of respect. Congratulations to them. The beat the Arkansas Razorback basketball team of college football-Auburn Tigers. Who did not play very well against them.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.

UCF deserves plenty of respect. Congratulations to them. The beat the Arkansas Razorback basketball team of college football-Auburn Tigers. Who did not play very well against them.

No doubt they had a great season, not many teams anywhere can put up 0 in the loss column, but it does not mean they were one of the top 4 teams in the country, either.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...

When a team like UCF plays the type of schedule that deserves a fair shot, they will get one. UCF in the regular season + ccg won 2 games against top 20 teams, and it was the same team both times, Memphis.

Every word past, "When a team like UCF", is utterly the most utterest ESPN/PTP brainwash residue that I have ever seen. When a team like UCF beats a team who beat both of those teams in the championship game they have every right to claim a portion of the national title. It doesn't matter if Auburn played down, was disappointed, played a harder schedule etc... They got their asses handed to them on the field. Everything that took place off of the field in the ESPN booth, playoff committee meetings or vane imaginations of men who dreamed up the national championship process since 1949 is simply philosophy... Last I checked there has never been one philosopher who could take a punch to the nose and argue it away...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...

No doubt they had a great season, not many teams anywhere can put up 0 in the loss column, but it does not mean they were one of the top 4 teams in the country, either.
Doesn't mean they were not either, but most assuredly if evidence was weighed after the bowls rather than speculation being weighed before they would have been in. This is why we need more play off's or none at all...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas