• 394,581 Topics
• 22,260 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going Vegan  (Read 290 times)

Polecat

Going Vegan
« on: January 05, 2018, 03:16:01 pm »

About 10 days in of this lifestyle change. I'm lucky, in that my wife is about a year ahead of me and is an amazing cook. I really miss steaks, burgers and chicken wings, but I can already tell I feel different.
A little more energy at the gym and my waist is tightening up.
 It hasn't been easy, but I've been able to stick with it so far. Anyone else made the dive, I'd appreciate feedback. Thanks!

The Chief

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Re: Going Vegan
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 10:45:36 pm »

Just watch your testosterone and protein. Vegan is cool and all, but you still need your protein. I prefer animal based, but to each his own. I have cut red meat down to once a month or less and eat much more veggies and beans than I used to, but chicken and turkey on the grill is hard to beat.

Good luck to you.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Albert Einswine

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 11:13:02 pm »

Man has never been, and not meant to be an herbivore. We are omnivores and require some animal protein.

Polecat

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 12:50:39 pm »

Man has never been, and not meant to be an herbivore. We are omnivores and require some animal protein.

Actually, according to the research I've done, humans are frugivores, like apes. True omnivores, like bears, have sharper, longer teeth and shorter intestines, allowing meat to pass through more quickly.
It hasn't been easy, but I've been able to do it so far. Supplementing protein with protein shakes and eating a lot of cashews, beans, hemp seeds (yes hemp seeds) haha and other high protein plants.

holeinthewall

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 09:55:31 am »

If I didn't eat meat I wouldn't eat.  Green things are meant to be mowed not eaten.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas