• 394,787 Topics
• 22,262 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coach Dan Enos heading to Michigan  (Read 6297 times)

stronguard

• All-American Hogvillian
  • And remember, I said with all due respect.....
Re: Coach Dan Enos heading to Michigan
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2018, 01:27:42 pm »

Which way is he trending now?

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=656164.0

well, lets see...he's gone from Offensive Coordinator at an SEC school, to QB coach at an SEC school.  Kinda feel like thats a step down. 

lasthog

Re: Enos heading to Michigan
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2018, 01:30:32 pm »

The head coach sets the tone and has a hand in everything.

I've stated this before: you can have a good staff but if head coach is not good, you won't be very successful. Conversely, if you have a good head coach and an average staff, you can still be successful.

The head coach is everything in college sports. Get that part right, and everything else falls into place. People tend to worry too much about who the assistants are.

Real estate: Location, location, location.

Football: HC, HC, HC.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville Executive Consulting LLC
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2018, 01:41:49 pm »

well, lets see...he's gone from Offensive Coordinator at an SEC school, to QB coach at an SEC school.  Kinda feel like thats a step down.
OC at Arkansas to associate head coach/qb coach at bama. That's not really a step down.

hogcam

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2018, 01:45:53 pm »

OC at Arkansas to associate head coach/qb coach at bama. That's not really a step down.
Yes it is. I'll never understand anyone that thinks this. Going from offensive coordinator in the SEC west to QB coach in the SEC west is a step down. Without a doubt.

Vantage 8 dude

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2018, 01:46:06 pm »

My question would be: given the staff of at least a couple hundred at 'Bama how many other "associate head coaches" do they have ??? I suspect at least a couple dozen. ;)

Shakey

« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2018, 01:46:49 pm »

OC at Arkansas > Associate Head Coach at Alabama?

I'd be curious to find out how many college coaches would take which one?  (Serious question) Pay in this case doesn't come into play because Arkansas is paying him to coach for Alabama for the next two years.

Interesting that the best defensive mind in football wants to hire a guy he has faced the past three years.

Grizzlyfan

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2018, 02:40:26 pm »

Some are speculating that he took the Michigan job as an end around on the SEC non-compete clause in his Arkansas contract.  Wasn't he released from Arkansas?  Would the non-compete even apply?

Shakey

« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2018, 09:44:01 am »

Some are speculating that he took the Michigan job as an end around on the SEC non-compete clause in his Arkansas contract.  Wasn't he released from Arkansas?  Would the non-compete even apply?
It would not have applied. 

Bebop

« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2018, 06:09:59 pm »

You did not see the Dan Enos offense.  When he was at Central Michigan, you saw multiple sets, motion, and a more wide open game.  I was thrilled when he was hired.  I was even more thrilled when I sat at the dinner table with my son and we talked about the line calls, formations and schemes.  We saw much less than half of what Enos wanted to do.  A coaching staff is a pyramid.  The top of the pyramid was too conservative.   Thatís why 2017 was maddening.  I liked the staff.  They are great guys. They are knowledgeable and know the game.  Thatís what hurt so much. Youíll never convince me that if Enos and Rhoads had been allowed to take more risks and be more aggressive, a vast majority of the staff would still be here. But I think people will be surprised how quickly the Morris offense will be picked up by the players.  It is more of what they are built to do. 2017 was round pegs in square holes.  2018 wonít be.

Goes back to Bielema. I know some of the the players like him, but he is a terrible coach; I've had and known coaches who were the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas