• 394,631 Topics
• 22,262 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tim Tebow, Peyton Manning mentioned as possible replacements for Jon Gruden  (Read 638 times)

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!

If Tebow gets it I guess I'll not watch any Monday night football anymore then.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net

The tebow hate is funny. If he played here he would be a god and everybody would want a statue in the middle of campus.

holeinthewall

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Please not the P***** Teabag. 

SooieGeneris

• Senior
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..

You can always watch the game with the sound muted and listen on the radio like many did in the Howard Cosell era of MNF..

Wooderson

Whats wrong with Tebow.

SouthSide Johnny

• All-American Hogvillian
  • SSJ
    • Facebook

I really enjoy Jesse Palmer, good balance great knowledge and insight and smoooth voice, easy listening.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian

The tebow hate is funny. If he played here he would be a god and everybody would want a statue in the middle of campus.

I don't hate Tim Tebow. I simply think he is a terrible broadcaster/announcer/commentator. At least Peyton knows more about what a pro QB is and the pro game in general which is what Gruden's job on TV was.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net

I don't hate Tim Tebow. I simply think he is a terrible broadcaster/announcer/commentator. At least Peyton knows more about what a pro QB is and the pro game in general which is what Gruden's job on TV was.

Well ok thatís understandable. The irrational hate of all things tebow by lots of people is just humorous to me. I like peyton. He would be entertaining.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian

Well ok thatís understandable. The irrational hate of all things tebow by lots of people is just humorous to me. I like peyton. He would be entertaining.

I think Tebow is a good guy. I do not however like his constant barrage of religion using his celebrity status.

East TN HAWG

• Hogville.net

I think Tebow is a good guy. I do not however like his constant barrage of religion using his celebrity status.

Whatís the difference in him doing that and someone like Manning selling Nationwide, or Jordan selling shoes.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian

Whatís the difference in him doing that and someone like Manning selling Nationwide, or Jordan selling shoes.

Because that's what they are getting paid to do. When celebrities use that status to espouse religion that is not why they are getting paid or why usually they are a celebrity. When celebrities go on TV and such an start talking about religion the religion they espouse doesn't pay them for that unless they are a paid spokesperson for the religion. IF they are, then whoever hires them for something else should stipulate they talk only about what they hired them for. I have no problem with Tebow doing commercials when he only talks about the product he is hired to promote. 

East TN HAWG

• Hogville.net

Because that's what they are getting paid to do. When celebrities use that status to espouse religion that is not why they are getting paid or why usually they are a celebrity. When celebrities go on TV and such an start talking about religion the religion they espouse doesn't pay them for that unless they are a paid spokesperson for the religion. IF they are, then whoever hires them for something else should stipulate they talk only about what they hired them for. I have no problem with Tebow doing commercials when he only talks about the product he is hired to promote. 
He's just doing what God commands him to do. 

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian

He's just doing what God commands him to do. 

No he isn't. He is doing what his conscience wants him to do. God has nothing to do with it. He doesn't exist.

Ethan2010

No he isn't. He is doing what his conscience wants him to do. God has nothing to do with it. He doesn't exist.
Thatís like, your opinion man.

jbcarol

Eric Adelson
‏Verified account @eric_adelson
20h20 hours ago

The Bills are in the playoffs, Jon Gruden is the coach of the Raiders, and the stock market is going up every day. It's 1999 all over again.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian

Thatís like, your opinion man.

And some share it and others don't. No big deal to me if they do or don't.  However IF I want religion I'll go to church or watch church services on TV, I watch sports to guess what, watch the sport. I also don't want to hear someone like Walton talk stupid stuff not related to the sport or the people playing it either or anything else not related to the sport. Now if the Lighthouse Cathedral in Ash Flat pays to have a commercial during a timeout or something then fine. That's no different than any other commercial because it's a business and they are paying for it. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:47:55 am by Inhogswetrust »

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis

Give me Manning!

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.

timmy teabags garbage ass wont get it.

Hawg414

timmy teabags garbage ass wont get it.

great.  so he's pretty much a done deal.

jbcarol

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

Alabama assistant joining Jon Gruden's Raiders staff

Raiders are hiring Derrick Ansley.

Ansley had agreed to terms with Colorado State to be the team's defensive coordinator, but then this opportunity came about to be part of Jon Gruden's staff with the Raiders.

Ansley just finished his second year as the Crimson Tide's defensive backs coach.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas