• 393,903 Topics
• 22,230 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: What’s happened to loyalty?  (Read 6768 times)

Grumpypenguin

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: What’s happened to loyalty?
« Reply #250 on: January 02, 2018, 09:22:13 am »

Anyone that thinks a kid should be "loyal" to a state he grew up in is pretty stupid.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #251 on: January 02, 2018, 09:24:14 am »

You will occasionally have a year where there is a major coup in Arkansas.  Childs, Gragg, Wright, and Adams for example.  They will always rely on out of state talent.  The limit of 25 signees per year makes out of state recruiting, especially in Texas, so vital. The new key is speed.  Speed is easier to find and develop in this new system.

The Key always been Speed and that cause you can't teach or train folks for Speed!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

nwahogfan1

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #252 on: January 02, 2018, 09:24:49 am »

Why are so many in state kids flipping?  I’m old, but when I grew up instate kids never considered anyone but the Hogs!

Loyalty goes two Ways.  When Norwood does not get an offer to the Hogs and then goes starts as a freshman at OU .  there is probable 3-4 kids a year going else where and doing well who did not get an offer to play for their beloved Arkansas.  We must first start building loyalty by offering scholarships.

Cinco de Hogo

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #253 on: January 02, 2018, 10:22:43 am »

The Key always been Speed and that cause you can't teach or train folks for Speed!

And you can find raw speed in Arkansas it just had to be developed and it needs to start at the HS level.  We need a IMG level academy that is funded by the same people that fund the RF.  By natural selection you become a feeder team for the Hogs.  By selection you bring in a steady stream of guest to talk to the team that are big time Hog fans.  Don't leave a legal stone unturned to influence them towards the Razorbacks.

Hardcore Hoggy

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #254 on: January 02, 2018, 10:48:40 am »

And you can find raw speed in Arkansas it just had to be developed and it needs to start at the HS level.  We need a IMG level academy that is funded by the same people that fund the RF.  By natural selection you become a feeder team for the Hogs.  By selection you bring in a steady stream of guest to talk to the team that are big time Hog fans.  Don't leave a legal stone unturned to influence them towards the Razorbacks.

I've never understood why our former players who are now in the NFL don't do a better job of pushing the program either. I mean a few do of course, but most do not. Not like at a school like USC or Bama or Miami, or FSU, or Notre Dame.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #255 on: January 02, 2018, 01:03:54 pm »

Do you know how much it costs to go to the IMG Academy? Do you know how much that would cost to run one here? And how do you think the HS coaches would like it is you are siphoning off the really good players to go to an academy like that, or forcing them to play said team of it brought in great players from around the country?

Outside of FLA how many states have something like IMG?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas