Non Sports Forums > Hunting, Fishing and other Outdoor Sports

Flashlights

Pages: (1/1)

Mr.Swine89:

I have always had an EDC flashlight. Either a streamlight or some black Friday special from home Depot. But things have now changed...my wife got me a Fenix PD35 for Christmas and let me tell you, it's amazing. 1000 lumen max with 4 other outputs. Takes 3 different kinds of batteries and doesn't get stupid hot like some high lumen lights. Really nice light for those who like to carry a light or need something on the farm. It can also reach out 200meters and light things up. Great for checking cows and goats.

Albert Einswine:

Nice review on that light, looks good.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrtmOTi38l4

HawgWild:

Thanks for the info. I’ll have to check it out. Been using some China made pistol grip, 4 C cell type the last few years.

David†:

Man I really should upgrade drom my 6 d cell maglite.

DeltaBoy:

COAST makes solid fashlight.

Mr.Swine89:

--- Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 24, 2017, 08:17:11 pm ---COAST makes solid fashlight.

--- End quote ---

Yes they do. Tough lights that are reliable. I had a Coast headlamp for years until it was lost in a move. I always seem to have trouble with lights that are not waterproof. That's why the Fenix is just received is such a blessing. It's submersible up to 6 feet supposedly haha. Maybe that means it can survive in the rain for a spring and summer. We have goats and sheep and a simple thunderstorm can send them running sometimes. A nice light is a must for me.

Mr.Swine89:

--- Quote from: David† on December 23, 2017, 11:10:00 am ---Man I really should upgrade drom my 6 d cell maglite.

--- End quote ---

Haha those are multi purpose. Personal protection and a great light source.

CPO Hog:

--- Quote from: David† on December 23, 2017, 11:10:00 am ---Man I really should upgrade drom my 6 d cell maglite.

--- End quote ---
Maglite's LED conversion kits vary from 200-350 Lumens for about $16.
New Generation LED Maglite's produce up to 625 Lumens.
Incandescent 6D is ~135 Lumens.

DeltaBoy:

I need to upgrade my Maglights and get some Coast ones.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version