• 394,750 Topics
• 22,262 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hargreaves to Missouri  (Read 3573 times)

#hammerdown

• Varsity
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome

BR

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Chaos, panic, & disorder -- my work here is done.
    • BR's Home Page
Vernon Hargreaves to MizZou
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 02:46:29 pm »

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/missouri-hires-former-arkansas-miami-assistant-vernon-hargreaves/

Mizzou Football made the announcement on Twitter that Hargreaves is joining the Tigers after coaching at Arkansas since 2015. He will coach inside LBs at Missouri.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HF#1

Re: Vernon Hargreaves to MizZou
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 02:49:02 pm »

Good for him. I'm sure it must be difficult finding a job when you helped field the 2 worst defenses in Arkansas history.

Flrazrback

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 03:16:21 pm »

Congrats to Coach Hargreaves... We will see you soon, best of luck.

Hog in Iowa

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 03:19:24 pm »

Happy for you Coach Hargreaves!  Glad you found a landing spot.

East Clintwood

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 03:28:09 pm »

Good for him. I'm sure it must be difficult finding a job when you helped field the 2 worst defenses in Arkansas history.

And I hope you have the same level of success there that you enjoyed here.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogville Executive Consulting LLC
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 03:44:18 pm »

Rhoads to UCLA and Hargreaves to Mizzou. Very interesting. I've felt for quite some time that the position coaches (outside of anderson) weren't the problem. If most of the defensive staff get pretty high profile jobs and Bielema is still sitting on the sideline, it would pretty much confirm that he was the biggest problem and the rest of the coaching world knows it

WaltonCollege

• Senior
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 03:45:14 pm »

He was a poor coach and a poor recruiter.

FutureMan

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 03:49:43 pm »

I'm happy for Coach Hargreaves, glad he found a good landing spot.   

1dayinthelifeofporkiepig

• Band Nerd
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 04:06:03 pm »

I'm happy for Coach Hargreaves, glad he found a good landing spot.   
I'm happy for him too. In my job as owner of a business, I've had to let a few folks go over the years. Just didn't work out. However, I always wish for the best & pray for that person, even if the firing wasn't pleasant. It's always better to be positive & take the high road, no matter had hard it can be at times.

King Kong

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 04:07:54 pm »

Rhoads to UCLA and Hargreaves to Mizzou. Very interesting. I've felt for quite some time that the position coaches (outside of anderson) weren't the problem. If most of the defensive staff get pretty high profile jobs and Bielema is still sitting on the sideline, it would pretty much confirm that he was the biggest problem and the rest of the coaching world knows it

Reggie Mitchell is at UTEP

Cinco de Hogo

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 04:08:43 pm »

You know I'm beginning to think Anderson wasn't the problem.  Maybe he wasn't ready for a big time P5 job but that doesn't mean he doesn't have possibilities for a future.  Maybe away fro BB he will come into his own as a o-line coach.  Time will tell the story on all these coaches.

And best of luck to them all.

As for BB, get it on down to Florida and forget you was ever associated with our program.

S&W

Re: Hargreaves to Missouri
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 04:11:42 pm »

I'm happy for him too. In my job as owner of a business, I've had to let a few folks go over the years. Just didn't work out. However, I always wish for the best & pray for that person, even if the firing wasn't pleasant. It's always better to be positive & take the high road, no matter had hard it can be at times.

I've always found taking the high road isn't very hard at all.

JayHog

• Varsity
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 04:12:12 pm »

I don’t understand why we let Michael Smith go. He was our best recruiter and had Louisiana recruiting locked down.

hogginbama

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 04:13:39 pm »

He was a poor coach and a poor recruiter.

Yet most of his recruiting classes were better than what we had before he got here.

hogginbama

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 04:15:52 pm »

Most of these folks can't let go of the bitterness. Regardless of who they attack or blame, they will still go to their job at McDonalds tomorrow. Which is good, cause someone has to serve me my #7 with a large sweet tea/light ice.

WaltonCollege

• Senior
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 04:18:37 pm »

Yet most of his recruiting classes were better than what we had before he got here.

Yeah 2016 and 2017 were statistically the worst 2 defenses in Hog History.  We couldn't tackle, couldn't cover, couldn't rush the passer.  But his recruiting classes were good I guess LOL.

Hogindasticks

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 04:29:39 pm »

Missouri isn't a very big step up on defense....lol

FutureMan

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 04:30:04 pm »

It's always better to be positive & take the high road, no matter had hard it can be at times.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more.

AP85

• Uncommonly, Unfinished Business.

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

• Varsity
  • MU fan living in NWA
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 04:50:20 pm »

He's being credited for developing Brooks Ellis and DeJon Harris. I am hoping he is not as bad as you guys say he is.

Jimbob111

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2017, 05:06:27 pm »

Unless Bielema was solely responsible for teaching all fundamentals, technique, and playbook then no, he was not the biggest problem. This was a group effort on both sides of the ball.  It was just a bad combination of a coaching staff. Nothing personal but none of them seemed to get it together with coaching.

Athog

• Hogville.net
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2017, 05:35:26 pm »

Yeah Bret is not needing a job! So let's not jump to conclusions about the reason people are hired yet!!  Would you look for job in his situation ?
Yeah... me either.

Dr. Starcs

• Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 06:44:15 pm »

Glad he landed in a “safe place” up in Columbia.

HogPharmer

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2017, 06:51:48 pm »

Glad he landed in a “safe place” up in Columbia.

I see what you did there

jackflash

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2017, 07:06:24 pm »

glad these coaches are finding  good places to coach

smb

• Senior
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2017, 07:41:14 pm »

He's being credited for developing Brooks Ellis and DeJon Harris. I am hoping he is not as bad as you guys say he is.
Dilly! Dilly!

AP85

• Uncommonly, Unfinished Business.
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2017, 07:41:28 pm »

That’s all anyone needs to hear.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2017, 08:50:05 pm »

Unless Bielema was solely responsible for teaching all fundamentals, technique, and playbook then no, he was not the biggest problem. This was a group effort on both sides of the ball.  It was just a bad combination of a coaching staff. Nothing personal but none of them seemed to get it together with coaching.

Wrong. Bielema was the biggest problem because he had the biggest job and that was head coach with ultimate responsibility to oversee all aspects. Thus since some assistant coaches were not successful then he wasn't. That falls on him as the leader of the program.

greasy_corner

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2017, 09:49:07 pm »

glad these coaches are finding  good places to coach

Saves us money (I think).

Melancholy_Pigg

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2017, 11:28:45 pm »

Wish him the best but hope he lays an egg when we play him. 

HogFoo

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2017, 12:21:42 am »

You know I'm beginning to think Anderson wasn't the problem.  Maybe he wasn't ready for a big time P5 job but that doesn't mean he doesn't have possibilities for a future.  Maybe away fro BB he will come into his own as a o-line coach.  Time will tell the story on all these coaches.

And best of luck to them all.

As for BB, get it on down to Florida and forget you was ever associated with our program.
No, Anderson was a big problem.   A players dad(his kid started btw) who's friends with my buddy told me flat out.  He said, that Anderson had a problem with 2 guys who he didnt play until mid/late in season.  They had made a joke about Andersons weight and he heard them.  And like a little baby bish, he held a grudge against them until Bielema went and watched practice and asked why they werent starting?  Anderson had no answer. that's when they started playing.  Of course then some of our guys got hurt, and there was no choice. but, Anderson was a prob to begin with. He should have never been hired in the first place.  As mentioned many many times. OL coach is the absolute most important position there is in a Bielema offense. you dont go hire a complete nobody, who had basically zero experience at that position!  Pittman was supposedly #1 coach/recruiter at OL .  So, what Bielema should have did was go down the list of top 50.  Made some calls until he got a guy.  Any of the top 50 guys and possibly top 100 would have been better than Anderson was!  had he did that, he probably would have saved his job.  but he didnt, OL never improved, never really got better recruits, sure as hell werent getting better coaching, and thus, we had nothing going that resembled what Bielema was wanting to do with offense.  Thus, we lose, he gets fired.  next.     but yeah,  Anderson was a HUGEEE mistake!   

Its ok though, because i believe things happen for a reason.  while i originally had thought bielema would get things done, it became blatantly obvious he wasnt going to.  so change was needed.  we found a guy that by all accounts will put together a great offense.  which, i agree with what some talking heads have said.  Arkansas is about at the same spot clemson was before Dabo and Morris built it up to where it is now.  i absolutely agree with that.  Clemson wasnt exactly killing it in recruiting either.  the gradually got better, got consistent at winning every year and finally got to the promised land.   i believe that Morris will do the same thing here.  he already has the blueprint.  has the connections in recruiting.  and if he can get a DC to match his style, then we'll have something.  i absolutely believe that Morris can have the same type success Petrino did in about the exact same time span as Petrino did.  i truly believe that we'll be back to 10wins within 3yrs.  watch and see! 

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

• Varsity
  • MU fan living in NWA
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2017, 06:18:14 am »

SamBuckhart

• STAY TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL MY FRIENDS. ARKANSAS
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2017, 06:50:44 am »

We must move on. Looking forward to next season. Even spring ball. Wooo Pig!

FineAsSwine

• Hogville think tank
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2017, 07:19:02 am »

Great to see Coach Hargreaves get another job in the SEC. No need for all of the coaches to go down with the sinking ship. BB has a life preserver to the tune of 12 million. These assistants all took career risks when they took a ride on the Titanic ship of CBB's tenure at UA. Hope they all recover.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2017, 06:24:28 am »

Missouri isn't a very big step up on defense....lol

It's a good job at a P5 conference school. I have not heard one coach that left that has bad mouthed the Hogs. But hey keep trolling you do it well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas