• 393,993 Topics
• 22,234 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Home and away  (Read 659 times)

BannerMountainMan

• All-American Hogvillian
  • WPS
Home and away
« on: December 10, 2017, 09:47:08 am »

I heard a poster saying this team is just good and we will all our games at Bud Walton and go .500 on the road, well dang hell, that'll put us at 11-2 in non conf and 9-0 at home and either 4-5 or 5-4 on the road so that'll either be 25-6 or 24-7 and either of those gets us atleast a 5 seed and probably #2 in the SEC, I'll take that any damn day of the week! WPS!!

incHOGnito

• Senior
Re: Home and away
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:50:21 am »

I still expect a head-scratching loss somewhere along the way and I am not sure that is a bad thing. I think Houston refocused is after a good tourney in Portland. I think the road game against MIssissippi State will be very telling.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

urkillnmesmalls

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 10:07:42 am »

I still expect a head-scratching loss somewhere along the way and I am not sure that is a bad thing. I think Houston refocused is after a good tourney in Portland. I think the road game against MIssissippi State will be very telling.

Pretty well every team has a head scratching loss in basketball.  You shoot bad, they shoot well, you're fatigued, they're fresh.  Duke lost to BC...it happens. 

Mike is on the verge of getting enough top athletes to be an elite team.  No one wants to come play us at BWA right now...NO ONE. 

FineAsSwine

• Hogville think tank
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 11:59:23 am »

I heard a poster saying this team is just good and we will all our games at Bud Walton and go .500 on the road, well dang hell, that'll put us at 11-2 in non conf and 9-0 at home and either 4-5 or 5-4 on the road so that'll either be 25-6 or 24-7 and either of those gets us atleast a 5 seed and probably #2 in the SEC, I'll take that any damn day of the week! WPS!!

Where did you meet, in a bar or something? I would love to have a beer with a poster on here and chop it up about the Hogs.  8)

jjdlc

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 12:03:20 pm »

That was Nolan's stated goal, be undefeated at home, and get to .500 on the road.  Any team that can do that every year is in great shape to make a good run post season.

dfwalumdad

• Varsity
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 12:04:45 pm »

that's always been the formula in the sec. can we just get that stipulated too in writing and move on to our seeding in the ncaa tournament.

niels_boar

• Senior
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 01:27:53 pm »

Any team that is .500 on the road in the SEC this season is a third-week contender in the NCAAT.

311Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 01:37:13 pm »

Any team that is .500 on the road in the SEC this season is a third-week contender in the NCAAT.

^^^^ this

hopefully we are peaking at tourney time because we have the fire power.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas