Non Sports Forums > Hunting, Fishing and other Outdoor Sports

What kind of big cat is this?

Pages: (1/1)

ChromDome35:

Sorry for the poor quality...when the batteries get low, the night time pictures suck.

I think this is a Bobcat, but I am not 100% sure it isn't a mountain lion. 

I say Bobcat because we caught this picture of one, a week before two of the night shots.  The wife tells me I'm crazy and that the cat in the night pictures is much bigger.

Three and Snout:

Definitely a bobcat.

ChromDome35:

I can't recall any reports of a Bobcat being dangerous...are any of you aware of any?

GolfNut57:

To quote Jerry Clower...it is a Lynx! And in them days we called them souped up wildcats.  ;)

Bobcat, Wildcat, Lynx.........they are all the same aren't they?

BroyledNutts:

--- Quote from: ChromDome35 on April 29, 2017, 05:57:59 pm ---I can't recall any reports of a Bobcat being dangerous...are any of you aware of any?

--- End quote ---

Bobcats are naturally afraid of humans - until they decide they want to kick your ass then one cat becomes 12 and there's no where you can get to that doesn't have claws, feet, or teeth. I have a healthy respect for Bobcats, and love to see them - preferably running away at high speed.

tophawg19:

Bobcats have been known to attack Turkey hunters

kodiakisland:

Bobcat

theFlyingHog:

Looks like manbearpig.

BroyledNutts:

--- Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 30, 2017, 09:29:09 pm ---Looks like manbearpig.

--- End quote ---

Call Mountain Monsters

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 30, 2017, 12:03:36 am ---Bobcats are naturally afraid of humans - until they decide they want to kick your ass then one cat becomes 12 and there's no where you can get to that doesn't have claws, feet, or teeth. I have a healthy respect for Bobcats, and love to see them - preferably running away at high speed.

--- End quote ---
I bet you'll never pick up another suitcase by the road...

BroyledNutts:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on May 02, 2017, 06:53:19 pm ---I bet you'll never pick up another suitcase by the road...

--- End quote ---

;D

Or turkey hunt clear cuts

DeltaBoy:

Yep we saw one that was that big last fall driving back about dusk from Stephenville Texas

supersaint:

Y'all should read the book
Bobcats In the Bush
By Claude Bawles

rickm1976:

--- Quote from: tophawg19 on April 30, 2017, 02:05:39 pm ---Bobcats have been known to attack Turkey hunters

--- End quote ---

This.  It happened to my cousin.  He ended up with many, many stitches, and the Bobcat got away without a scratch.

hogcards:

--- Quote from: tophawg19 on April 30, 2017, 02:05:39 pm ---Bobcats have been known to attack Turkey hunters

--- End quote ---

DeltaBoy:

--- End quote ---

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXf00_avzoA
                       //www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7kLwdPKZ7Y

bolo:

--- Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 04, 2017, 09:03:32 am ---Yep we saw one that was that big last fall driving back about dusk from Stephenville Texas

--- End quote ---
i have never seen one drive Delta. sorry man, couldn't help it

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: bolo on June 29, 2018, 04:08:18 pm ---i have never seen one drive Delta. sorry man, couldn't help it

--- End quote ---
They mostly stick to the back roads and fire trails, since most states won't issue them drivers licenses.

kodiakisland:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on June 29, 2018, 06:54:21 pm ---They mostly stick to the back roads and fire trails, since most states won't issue them drivers licenses.

--- End quote ---

Dirt bikes mostly, preferably Honda Fat Cats.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version