• 396,405 Topics
• 22,588 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 73   Go Down

Author Topic: DWR Stadium Expansion  (Read 206283 times)

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Moderator Supremacist
Re: DWR Stadium Expansion
« Reply #3300 on: August 10, 2018, 03:15:52 pm »

The first time I ever looked into Razorback Stadium was through these gates in the NEZ.
$1 seats on the board tha ran along that hillside on that north end.

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator Supremacist
« Reply #3301 on: August 10, 2018, 03:16:38 pm »

The restroom was for all genders with one commode.
Fayetteville was a trendsetter.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HogInOklahoma

« Reply #3302 on: August 10, 2018, 03:43:32 pm »

I'll just answer your top post with a post from a day or two ago.

So you think we will be good next year?

HogInOklahoma

« Reply #3303 on: August 10, 2018, 03:44:29 pm »

LOL!  Holy cow there is nothing left of his account now but a giant smoking crater

Eat a bag of &^*(,

FaytownHog

« Reply #3304 on: August 10, 2018, 04:11:29 pm »

Ya know, students and other folks, will be able to watch the games for free on the SEZ Hercules video board from this parking lot.....
Watch the game for free from your couch or fight game day traffic, pay to park, walk a mile each way to watch the game on the south end zone score board from a parking lot.....decisions decisions....

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #3305 on: August 10, 2018, 04:27:25 pm »

Watch the game for free from your couch or fight game day traffic, pay to park, walk a mile each way to watch the game on the south end zone score board from a parking lot.....decisions decisions....

See the whole field as the play is happening, tailgate with all your old college buddies, see kids eyes light up when they go to the game and call the Hogs, yell at the opponents with 70,000 others and know they can hear you, go out to eat at some of your favorite restaurants you canít do just any time you like, drive through some of the best scenery in the state on the way to and from the game, go see your name, wifeís name and sons name etched in the sidewalk, watching the players after the game knowing they gave their all and they know you did as well to root them on where they could hear you............priceless decision.

Arky

« Reply #3306 on: August 10, 2018, 04:32:28 pm »

See the whole field as the play is happening, tailgate with all your old college buddies, see kids eyes light up when they go to the game and call the Hogs, yell at the opponents with 70,000 others and know they can hear you, go out to eat at some of your favorite restaurants you can’t do just any time you like, drive through some of the best scenery in the state on the way to and from the game, go see your name, wife’s name and sons name etched in the sidewalk, watching the players after the game knowing they gave their all and they know you did as well to root them on where they could hear you............priceless decision.
dam rite

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #3307 on: August 10, 2018, 04:36:02 pm »

See the whole field as the play is happening, tailgate with all your old college buddies, see kids eyes light up when they go to the game and call the Hogs, yell at the opponents with 70,000 others and know they can hear you, go out to eat at some of your favorite restaurants you canít do just any time you like, drive through some of the best scenery in the state on the way to and from the game, go see your name, wifeís name and sons name etched in the sidewalk, watching the players after the game knowing they gave their all and they know you did as well to root them on where they could hear you............priceless decision.

I sure do miss going to the games.   :( :(

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3308 on: August 10, 2018, 04:43:07 pm »

dam rite

A few years ago we decided to camp out game weekends. Combine two of our favorite things to do. Heck even saving a little money.  We love games even more now! Drive up, set up campsite, go to game, eat out or go back to campsite and eat, drive home next day. Doesnít get any better than that.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3309 on: August 10, 2018, 04:54:00 pm »

Sorry to hear you canít anymore. I know at some point Iíll not be able to as well. Iíll then have happy memories. The best memory I have for a game was when I was in college and my parents and sister would come to the games. We upset Texas. I lived only two blocks away from Dickson. We all walked down there and it was crazy. My Dad said he wanted a drink. We went inside and he ordered us both a beer. I had just turned 21 that summer. It was the first legal beer I ever drank with him. We walked outside and enjoyed the craziness, fans yelling, the bon fire in the middle of the road. Every game I go too now I wish he could be there. He never got to go to the games after the stadium was added onto and such. However a few years ago I was able to take my Mom. She still reminds me of doing that every year even though she has started to have memory problems. Thatís one thing she hasnít forgotten. I have a picture I took of her that game and the smile on her face is priceless. Game memories with family and friends.......itís a part of my life Iíll never forget. I turned 62 last month. So far still lucky health wise. Pure luck. Not sure how long Iíll be able to still attend but I know one thing.......theyíll be calling the Hogs at my funeral!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:06:28 pm by Inhogswetrust »

ImHogginIt

« Reply #3310 on: August 10, 2018, 05:01:22 pm »

Me too Guv. Me too. Low back, neck and circulation issues make it too uncomfortable. I'll go to A&M game down here and attend the LSU game this year but it is tough to sit in stadium seating for a 4 hr game. No way can I do 7 or 8 games anymore

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator Supremacist
« Reply #3311 on: August 10, 2018, 05:04:27 pm »

I"m thankful to go to every game in Fay every year.  Been doing it for over 40.

Though results can dictate the total fun, I'm long past losing my sheet over a loss.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:40:12 pm by Porked Tongue »

FaytownHog

« Reply #3312 on: August 10, 2018, 05:07:59 pm »

So you do all of that without a ticket to the game? To watch for free from the parking lot? No one said anything about not going to games. No one (very few) would go through all the trouble and money to watch the SEZ video board from the parking lot.

FaytownHog

« Reply #3313 on: August 10, 2018, 05:08:13 pm »

So you do all of that without a ticket to the game? To watch for free from the parking lot? No one said anything about not going to games. No one (very few) would go through all the trouble and money to watch the SEZ video board from the parking lot.
They're not losing ticket sales over it. lol

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3314 on: August 10, 2018, 05:10:24 pm »

I"m thankful to go to every game in Fay every year.  Been doing it for over 40.

Though results can dictate the total fun, I'm long passed losing my sheet over a loss.

Yep. Losing hurts but it isnít the end of the world. I admit I still get chocked up sometimes just by the band playing the Alma Mater and pointing at Old Main at the end.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3315 on: August 10, 2018, 05:13:33 pm »

I know what youíre saying. You ever notice how many people were standing on that hill for big games in the past. Maybe they liked simply being there for some of those other things I mentioned or gave up their ticket for someone else. That being said Iíve had season tickets for years. Ever since I knew I no longer was going to travel for work all over the country at a moments notice. Started in the West upper deck. Fortunate enough to be in the SEZ outdoor club now.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:14:49 pm by Inhogswetrust »

FaytownHog

« Reply #3316 on: August 10, 2018, 06:41:33 pm »

I know what youíre saying. Your ever notice how many people were standing on that hill for big games in the past. Maybe they liked simply being there for some of those other things I mentioned or gave up their ticket for someone else. That being said Iíve had season tickets for years. Ever since I knew I no longer was going to travel for work all over the country at a moments notice. Started in the West upper deck. Fortunate enough to be in the SEZ outdoor club now.
I've watched from that hill a couple times. Typically 100 people or less and like me, they came hoping to find a cheap ticket in person and failed to do so, so just hung out and tailgated and then sat on the hill as a back up plan.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #3317 on: August 10, 2018, 06:49:38 pm »

tusksincolorado

• Aniston has nothing on me!
« Reply #3318 on: August 10, 2018, 07:14:17 pm »

Good move. Royal's name on Razorback Stadium would start a war with Texas

Heck it would start a lynchin' in  Arkansas!

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #3319 on: August 10, 2018, 07:22:07 pm »

bythelake

« Reply #3320 on: August 10, 2018, 07:44:15 pm »

dam rite

Second that, damn right, nothing better.

rljjr

« Reply #3321 on: August 10, 2018, 08:12:56 pm »

So you think we will be good next year?

Actually I do. Good is a relative term, meaning it is considered in relation or in proportion to something else. We are already good, in my estimation, by sheer attitude of the team. We are good in the mere fact that our recruiting class to this point is as good as we've ever had (yes, it could change before signing day for the worse, although it could be for the better). We are good because the energy around the team is so much better. The players expect to win. The players are feeling positive. We are good because the right attitude can be the difference in letting up at the end zone or pushing through to get that last inch. Yes, we will be good.

go hogues

• You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
« Reply #3322 on: August 10, 2018, 08:30:53 pm »

The first time I ever looked into Razorback Stadium was through these gates in the NEZ.
When did they take these gates out? I don't remember them from the 80's or 90's?

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #3323 on: August 10, 2018, 09:05:25 pm »

Sorry to hear you can’t anymore. I know at some point I’ll not be able to as well. I’ll then have happy memories. The best memory I have for a game was when I was in college and my parents and sister would come to the games. We upset Texas. I lived only two blocks away from Dickson. We all walked down there and it was crazy. My Dad said he wanted a drink. We went inside and he ordered us both a beer. I had just turned 21 that summer. It was the first legal beer I ever drank with him. We walked outside and enjoyed the craziness, fans yelling, the bon fire in the middle of the road. Every game I go too now I wish he could be there. He never got to go to the games after the stadium was added onto and such. However a few years ago I was able to take my Mom. She still reminds me of doing that every year even though she has started to have memory problems. That’s one thing she hasn’t forgotten. I have a picture I took of her that game and the smile on her face is priceless. Game memories with family and friends.......it’s a part of my life I’ll never forget. I turned 62 last month. So far still lucky health wise. Pure luck. Not sure how long I’ll be able to still attend but I know one thing.......they’ll be calling the Hogs at my funeral!

I was a season ticket holder from 1999 through 2012. Mom had Dementia and got to the point where she needed someone with her 24/7/365 so I became her care taker. She passed away in April of last year at the age of 90. I hope at least to try and get a ticket for one game but being disabled, finances are tough.

mah062

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3324 on: August 10, 2018, 11:29:07 pm »

I was a season ticket holder from 1999 through 2012. Mom had Dementia and got to the point where she needed someone with her 24/7/365 so I became her care taker. She passed away in April of last year at the age of 90. I hope at least to try and get a ticket for one game but being disabled, finances are tough.

Stubhub is your friend GuvHog. I donít usually give away my secrets but I feel like you are a deserving recipient. Wait until the week before the game, but the cheapest nosebleed seats you can buy on stubhub.com

As soon as you make your way inside the stadium on game day (preferably early), log on to stubhub and find the best unsold seats and go sit in those seats. Iíve done this so many times. Easiest way to turn a $15 ticket into a $200 ticket. Youíre welcome

STLhawg

• Senior
« Reply #3325 on: August 11, 2018, 12:15:55 am »

They had copiers back then??  You sure it wasn't mimeograph machines?
Ah, that smell...

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • 6/27/18: Just another layer of scar tissue
« Reply #3327 on: August 11, 2018, 07:08:24 am »

https://twitter.com/ElvisMoyaUA/status/1028106439192141825

Iíve visited about 9 of the SEC campuses over the years.  Yeah, Iím biased, but ours is the most beautiful.  When I tell that to fans of the other schools, 90% of them say something like, ďIíd like to visit sometime, but thatís too far a drive.Ē  I tell them itís worth it.

opineonswine

• Global Moderator
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #3328 on: August 11, 2018, 07:19:11 am »

Iíve visited about 9 of the SEC campuses over the years.  Yeah, Iím biased, but ours is the most beautiful.  When I tell that to fans of the other schools, 90% of them say something like, ďIíd like to visit sometime, but thatís too far a drive.Ē  I tell them itís worth it.

As someone noted earlier, of all the SEC stadiums I've been to only Alabama is as nice as ours.  Several are bigger but certainly not nicer.  And, yes, our campus is beautiful.  It's no surprise that many recruits are shocked when they go to F'ville.  So many think Arkansas is just a poor, backward state and surely the campus reflects that.  That's also why getting recruits to visit is so critical.

jkstock04

« Reply #3329 on: August 11, 2018, 07:46:44 am »

I hadn't actually been "on" campus via foot in maybe 10 years as far as middle of campus Old Main/Library etc..only football games and tailgating. A couple of weeks back i walked up there in the middle of the night, it truly is a majestic feeling how beautiful it is. Not that I didn't already know that, but it's a real unique feeling walking around there sightseeing, especially if there are only a few people around and it's not busy with students going everywhere.

Ole Miss' campus seems really neat as well...but like you overall others I've been to don't hold a candle. I was at South Carolina last year and their damn football stadium is a mile away from campus lol.

The Royal Ham

« Reply #3330 on: August 11, 2018, 08:21:35 am »

When did they take these gates out? I don't remember them from the 80's or 90's?
I donít know exactly what year they went away. Iím pretty sure the Broyles Athletic Center (Complex?) was opened in 1975 so they would have been removed before that.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #3331 on: August 11, 2018, 08:46:11 am »

I hadn't actually been "on" campus via foot in maybe 10 years as far as middle of campus Old Main/Library etc..only football games and tailgating. A couple of weeks back i walked up there in the middle of the night, it truly is a majestic feeling how beautiful it is. Not that I didn't already know that, but it's a real unique feeling walking around there sightseeing, especially if there are only a few people around and it's not busy with students going everywhere.

Ole Miss' campus seems really neat as well...but like you overall others I've been to don't hold a candle. I was at South Carolina last year and their damn football stadium is a mile away from campus lol.

I believe that stadium is owned by the City of Columbia and not by the University of South Carolina. If so, they are the only SEC school to play all of their home football games in an off campus stadium not owned by the University.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3332 on: August 11, 2018, 08:48:26 am »

Iím not as crazy about the monotone all the buildings being the same style of architecture, color brick, etc. like it is at Old Misses and many other campuses across the country. A little diversity is what I like. Old miss while nice is kind of bland to me and no better looking than many others in the SEC. As a matter of fact most look the same. 90% of buildings red brick with white trim. Iíve worked all over and been on quite a few campuses and ours is better than most and as good as any other. Other than ours my favorite campus is Colorado. Even it has a monotone all buildings look similar aspect. At least it isnít boring red brick and white trim.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:37:17 pm by Inhogswetrust »

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3333 on: August 11, 2018, 08:53:28 am »

I believe that stadium is owned by the City of Columbia and not by the University of South Carolina. If so, they are the only SEC school to play all of their home football games in an off campus stadium not owned by the University.

I believe you are correct. Also I think Kentucky is the only one in basketball to do so. Ruptured arena is not owned by UK and not on campus.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #3334 on: August 11, 2018, 08:55:57 am »

I believe you are correct. Also I think Kentucky is the only one in basketball to do so. Ruptured arena is not owned by UK and not on campus.

Yep, Rupp Arena is owned by the city of Lexington.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #3335 on: August 11, 2018, 09:14:22 am »

Iím not as crazy about the monotone all the buildings being the same style of architecture, color brick, etc. like it is at Old Misses and many other campuses across the country. A little diversity is what I like. Old miss while nice is kind of bland to me and no better looking ghtan many others in the SEC. As a matter of fact most look the same. 90% of buildings red brick with white trim.

Auburn is a lot like Ole Miss. Sort of anesthetic. Iím prejudiced, but Arkansasís campus is about as cool as it gets in every respect. Plus, it still has that small town feel and Dickson Street, but now it also has the shopping, restaurants, hotels, golf courses, etc., of a metropolitan area. 

HogInOklahoma

« Reply #3336 on: August 11, 2018, 09:14:43 am »

i think Ole Miss has a prettier campus, I love the antebellum architecture.  They also have prettier women, I ALMOST went to law school there instead of Arkansas, but Arkansas gave me a huge scholarship.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #3337 on: August 11, 2018, 09:57:36 am »

https://twitter.com/aparrisua/status/1028258490563928064/photo/1

3 weeks until a new era of @RazorbackFB begins #WPS

https://bit.ly/2MeoG4J

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #3338 on: August 11, 2018, 10:45:22 am »

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3339 on: August 11, 2018, 10:49:43 am »

i think Ole Miss has a prettier campus, I love the antebellum architecture.  They also have prettier women, I ALMOST went to law school there instead of Arkansas, but Arkansas gave me a huge scholarship.

Man, youíll make friends here real fast...

imtad16

« Reply #3340 on: August 11, 2018, 10:56:21 am »

RazorbacksFan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #3341 on: August 11, 2018, 01:15:22 pm »

HogInOklahoma

« Reply #3342 on: August 11, 2018, 01:37:52 pm »

Man, youíll make friends here real fast...

Have you been to Ole Miss?  I am just being honest.  Arkansas women are pretty as well, but Ole Miss was rated as having the prettiest girls in the nation a few years ago.

Break & Run

• Let me take your money on the pool table.
    • Break and Run Web Design
« Reply #3343 on: August 11, 2018, 01:45:13 pm »

Do the NEZ seats not match the SEZ seats?

They would if they were installed the same year.  The SEZ seats are, what, 18 years old?

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3344 on: August 11, 2018, 01:47:52 pm »

Have you been to Ole Miss?  I am just being honest.  Arkansas women are pretty as well, but Ole Miss was rated as having the prettiest girls in the nation a few years ago.

Been there many times.  Yes, they have pretty women and a pretty campus, but so do we.  Itís like saying who was prettier, Farrah Fawcett or Jaclyn Smith?  Hard to go wrong either way.

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #3345 on: August 11, 2018, 02:07:28 pm »

Outside of the campus and the square the city of Oxford is a pit of misery. Nothing there at all.  Auburn is the same.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #3346 on: August 11, 2018, 03:04:12 pm »

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #3347 on: August 11, 2018, 03:04:57 pm »

rtr

« Reply #3348 on: August 11, 2018, 03:16:04 pm »

All I know from growing up is THAT was where my Hogs played and I thought it was the most beautiful place on earth. Since it was before the days where every game was on TV and way before internet research was a click away I didn't know better -- and it wouldn't have mattered when I was 8. The foundation was set.

Since I'm on memory lane, it was a freaking treat to drive up to Fayetteville from Fort Smith on old 71 back then on game days. That seemed like such a long trip back then -- the anticipation. We'd almost always stop at Ozark Mountain Smokehouse and eat. My grandmother loved that because we didn't really eat out at restaurants back then except maybe once a month. Good times.
Gosh, I loved the Ozark Mountain Smokehouse.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3349 on: August 11, 2018, 04:20:30 pm »

Auburn is a lot like Ole Miss. Sort of anesthetic. Iím prejudiced, but Arkansasís campus is about as cool as it gets in every respect. Plus, it still has that small town feel and Dickson Street, but now it also has the shopping, restaurants, hotels, golf courses, etc., of a metropolitan area. 

Old barns campus is very bland.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 73   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas