• 395,980 Topics
• 22,376 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lordy Iím ready for football season  (Read 201 times)

GroŖer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Married way....way...way....up.
Lordy Iím ready for football season
« on: July 22, 2018, 02:43:14 pm »

Fall camp starts soon.

The months of July & August are pretty eventful for my family. Happiness and rememberances, celebration of all three of my kids birthdays, July 29th and August 8th for all three.

Football season wonít be the same after losing my grandfather last October. Discussing all manner of topics related to the football program was always an education with a man that was a child of the depression.

Iíve decided that any expectations I would like to have for any future seasons are simply of my own doing. I just hope they go out and represent themselves and the University well on the field.

We have some talent on the roster. I hope the coaching staff identifies it and coaches to it as opposed to trying to transform a player into something he may not be able to excel at.

Iím sure the players will play hard for 4 quarters. Some success during the ďhoneymoonĒ period will go a long way to these players that have had some serious ups and downs in the last few years.

Hopeful Hog

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Lordy Iím ready for football season
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 02:52:57 pm »

You got that right!!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Steef

• Idylically living in the Valley of the Cats
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 02:59:09 pm »

Fall camp starts soon.

The months of July & August are pretty eventful for my family. Happiness and rememberances, celebration of all three of my kids birthdays, July 29th and August 8th for all three.

Football season wonít be the same after losing my grandfather last October. Discussing all manner of topics related to the football program was always an education with a man that was a child of the depression.

Iíve decided that any expectations I would like to have for any future seasons are simply of my own doing. I just hope they go out and represent themselves and the University well on the field.

We have some talent on the roster. I hope the coaching staff identifies it and coaches to it as opposed to trying to transform a player into something he may not be able to excel at.

Iím sure the players will play hard for 4 quarters. Some success during the ďhoneymoonĒ period will go a long way to these players that have had some serious ups and downs in the last few years.
[/b]

That would be a really good point for all of us to remember.

AFWarrior83

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 04:08:23 pm »

I should be pumped, but all those years of mediocrity have taken a toll on me. I just canít get excited for another 6 win season. Hopefully Chad Morris can elevate the program like Bobby Petrino (and even Houston Nutt) did over the next 4 years, but to going to take time and Iím getting impatient.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas