• 394,771 Topics
• 22,262 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Florida Gators Football Recruiting  (Read 5424 times)

jbcarol

Re: Florida Gators Football Recruiting
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2017, 05:37:43 am »

Annie Costabile‏Verified account @AnnieCostabile

Dan Mullen is targeting a couple top recruits from #StateTeam18 but will they flip?

State's recruiting class, ranked 15th in the county, is going to have to hold off a challenge from its former coach.

Former wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales, announced Tuesday as having taken the same position with Dan Mullen at Florida, spent the day in Mississippi targeting Callaway wide receiver Malik Heath and Hinds Community College wide receiver Stephen Guidry.

“Now I feel like I’m all the way back at my ninth grade year when they first started recruiting me," Heath said. "All the schools started offering me then and I don’t know what’s going to happen now since Dan Mullen left."

jbcarol

« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2017, 10:27:27 pm »

3-star '18 Pennsylvania OT Chris Bleich gave a verbal to UF

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jbcarol

« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2017, 05:50:02 am »

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

Jalynn Williams de-commits from Florida Gators

Jalynn Williams is back on the market.

The 3-star athlete from St. Petersburg, Fla., de-committed from Florida on Monday, announcing the move on Twitter.

Williams committed to the Gators in January and was projected to play receiver or cornerback in college. Auburn is recruiting him strictly as a corner and he officially visited the Tigers last month.

Florida now has 15 members in its 2018 class, which is still ranked No. 10 nationally despite recent defections.

jbcarol

« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2017, 07:52:50 am »

Matt Corral de-commitment hurts Florida’s chances of signing a top class

4-star quarterback from Long Beach, Calif., flipped to Ole Miss on Thursday after officially visiting the Rebels last weekend. Florida’s 2018 class — once ranked No. 7 in the country — is now 32nd nationally with the loss of Corral...

Gators have the potential to work their way back up with several top targets and uncommitted recruits remaining on their board. However, attracting and landing those prospects — particularly on offense — will be harder without Corral in the class.

He’s a big reason why the Gators were in the top 10 earlier this year. His commitment to Florida in late July set off a domino effect and influenced decisions... Corral became the leader of Florida’s class and encouraged commits to stick with UF during the coaching changes.

Not only do the Gators have to replace Corral at quarterback, but they need to find a new leader for their 2018 class. It’s not easy to land an elite quarterback who recruits know and want to play with.

jbcarol

« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2017, 09:35:44 am »

WR Tyquan Thornton flips commitment from Florida to Baylor

Florida has lost another member of its 2018 recruiting class.

Tyquan Thornton, a 4-star wide receiver from Miami, flipped his commitment Saturday from Florida to Baylor. Thornton was scheduled to officially visit Florida this weekend, but did not make the trip to Gainesville.

This is Thornton’s second pledge to Baylor. The Bears landed him in late March, but he reopened his recruitment two months later and committed to the Gators on July 24. The coaching changes opened the door for Baylor to get back in the mix, and Thornton officially visited the school on Dec. 1.

With the loss of Thornton, the Gators currently have 11 members in their 2018 class.  He  is the 10th recruit to de-commit from Florida since coach Jim McElwain’s departure. The other defections include 4-star WRs Jacob Copeland and Ja’Marr Chase. Corey Gammage is now Florida’s only pledge at the position.

The top targets for the Gators are Copeland, and two other 4-star wide receivers — Anthony Schwartz and Tommy Bush

jbcarol

« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2017, 08:21:19 pm »

Zach Abolverdi‏Verified account @ZachAbolverdi
2h2 hours ago

Told my wife that Florida flipped a quarterback from Ohio State today.

“What was the sell, no snow?”

She is from Ohio.

SEC Country Florida‏Verified account @SECCountryUF

Florida’s 2018 class gets back on track with the signing of QB Emory Jones http://sec.news/2COkKmd  #GatorNation

jbcarol

« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2017, 08:23:01 pm »

SEC Country Florida‏Verified account @SECCountryUF
3h3 hours ago

Dan Mullen reflects on how Florida’s early signing class came together in short window http://sec.news/2COz7ai  #GatorNation

Florida announced 13 signees Wednesday, including eight early enrollees who will move to campus next month.

After dropping as low as No. 36 in the 247Sports composite recruiting ranking with the de-commitments that eventually followed the coaching change, the Gators moved back up to No. 14 with their early signing class and can still improve on that further by the traditional February signing period.

Headlining the class was 4-star quarterback Emory Jones, the No. 4-rated dual-threat QB in the Class of 2018, who flipped from his commitment to Ohio State while also choosing the Gators over Florida State and Alabama.

jbcarol

« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2018, 06:01:20 am »

2019 signing class for Florida has lost a commitment on Wednesday night from 3-star safety/outside linebacker Marcus Tillman Jr.

Tillman does not mention current Gators coach Dan Mullen in his message, but did send out a message on Twitter after Jim McElwain, who recruited him, was dismissed in October.

jbcarol

« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2018, 06:13:44 am »

'18 4-star WR Justin Watkins gave a verbal to the Gators.

jbcarol

« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2018, 06:08:47 am »

Elite WR recruit John Dunmore de-commits from Florida

“I understand this will burn bridges, and create so much tension between me and the people of Florida,” Dunmore wrote. “But what I hope is that you find it in your heart to understand that I have people that depend on me for their well-being.”

Dunmore had been committed to Florida since April 8, 2017. He’s from Hollywood, Fla., and is a 4-star prospect and the No. 25 overall WR...

This is a tough blow for Florida’s 2019 recruiting class, which was once ranked No. 1 nationally. Dunmore is the eighth 2019 prospect to de-commit from the Gators since the coaching change. His departure drops the Gators to No. 14 in the team rankings.

Dunmore will likely have his pick of SEC programs. He already holds offers from Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

jbcarol

« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2018, 05:52:23 am »

Kirby O'Meara
‏ @KirbyOMeara
Jan 26

After 4 great seasons working at Arkansas, I have accepted a position with @GatorsFB in recruiting. My wife and I loved our time in Fayetteville and I couldn't be more thankful for the opportunities I was given there. I'm excited about the future here in Gainesville! #GoGators

jbcarol

« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2018, 10:51:44 am »

Andrew Chatfield is a Gator.

bhogs05

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Always drama on signing day
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2018, 02:11:51 pm »

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=22357628&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

TexasRazorback

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Always drama on signing day
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2018, 02:12:34 pm »

Reminded me of when Alex Collin's mom took his NLI and ran

Virgil

Re: Always drama on signing day
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2018, 02:13:30 pm »

I hate when parents take away a kids accomplishment like that.  Pretty dang selfish.

jbcarol

« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2018, 02:17:26 pm »

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-jacob-copeland-commits

Zach Abolverdi with more on the Jacob Copeland commit.

jbcarol

« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2018, 08:14:20 pm »

jbcarol

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2018, 09:32:52 am »

In-state WR Dionte Marks commits to Florida Gators

Gators received more good news from 3-star wide receiver Dionte Marks (Deland, Fla.), who made his pledge on Saturday night after visiting campus.

Marks received an offer last Tuesday from Florida coach Dan Mullen and wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales. He also held early offers from UCF and West Virginia.

The Gators now have five members in their 2019 with addition of Marks and 3-star linebacker Jammal Abrams, who also committed on Saturday.

jbcarol

« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2018, 07:17:34 pm »

'19 Clearwater 3-star OT Ethan White gave a verbal to Florida.

jbcarol

jbcarol

« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2018, 04:03:56 pm »

Michael Carvell
‏ @Michael_Carvell
2m2 minutes ago

Florida lands nation’s No. 10 dual-threat QB Jalon Jones

Gators hosted the Baltimore signal caller for an unofficial visit on Friday and he decided to pull the trigger after returning home from his trip Saturday.

“I called Coach [Dan] Mullen about an hour ago and told him,” Jones told SEC Country.

jbcarol

« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2018, 08:33:57 am »

Zach Abolverdi
‏Verified account @ZachAbolverdi

With 4-star LB Tyron Hopper committing Thursday, #Gators have landed two ESPN 300 recruits in the last three weeks. Hopper is also a Top247 member.

Tyron Hopper, a 4-star outside linebacker out of Roswell, Ga., has decided to play for Dan Mullen and the Gators.

Hopper, who is listed at 6-foot-2 and 209 pounds, is No. 22 outside linebacker and the No. 332 prospect in the Class of 2019.

Hopper becomes the ninth commitment for the Gators’ upcoming signing class, which is ranked No. 8 in the SEC and No. 15 nationally.

Florida landed its quarterback commitment for the class in 4-star dual-threat option Jalon James.

jbcarol

jbcarol

« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2018, 11:37:37 am »

Michael Carvell
‏ @Michael_Carvell

WATCH: Florida assistant Ron English gets pranked by elite recruits, takes pie to the face

They make 'em dance and now a pie to the face but what is the real lasting value to these recruits...

That’s a funny prank for the duo — and whoever else was in on it — to pull off. English seemed to take it well, even if he was a bit shocked at first.

Florida is recruiting both players but neither is seen as a UF lean at this point. It’s highly unlikely a prank like this would play into their recruitment, but it might be a greater sign of their general comfort with English and the rest of the staff.

Regardless, don’t expect a commitment from either player anytime soon. As SEC Country’s Zach Abolverdi wrote, Florida’s inaugural recruiting grill-out is focused on building relationships with these players. Abolverdi also reports none of the Gators targeted visitors this weekend are necessarily ready to commit.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas