• 10,105,254 Posts
• 403,897 Topics
• 23,059 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USGA Rules of Golf  (Read 3021 times)

GolfNut57

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 03:40:10 pm by gotyacovered »

GolfNut57

Re: USGA Rules of Golf
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 05:57:52 pm »

Here's the latest updated rules of golf and the changes implemented by the USGA and the R&A for 2019. Personally I would like to see a rule change that says the Pro golfers are no longer allowed to use their caddies to help read their putts. As Pros they should be able to do that task all on their own in my opinion. (As recreational golfers we have to read our putts by ourselves so why shouldn't they?) Starting in 2019 the Caddies will no longer be allowed to help their pro's line up any shots and my idea would take that a step farther. Also, not that this will happen either, but in effort to speed up play on the Pro tours I wouldn't mind seeing a rule established that states once it becomes your turn to hit the shot or putt you have 30 seconds to do so. Any violation of that rule will cause you to be put on the clock. A second violation within the same round will cost you a 1 stroke penalty.

The USGA and R&A have already altered the rule regarding searching for lost balls by cutting the time allowed to look from 5 minutes down to just 3 mins. I'd like to see them take other measures to also speed up play.

http://www.usga.org/content/dam/usga/images/rules/rules-modernization/golf-new-rules/Rules%20of%20Golf%20for%202019.pdf

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ricepig

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 06:08:32 pm »

Let them use range finders, the caddies spend too much time walking it off and then trying to add or subtract numbers, lol.

GolfNut57

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 06:22:08 pm »

Let them use range finders, the caddies spend too much time walking it off and then trying to add or subtract numbers, lol.

That works too. I saw one guy on the PGA tour today take what seemed like 5 mins to hit his 3 foot putt. Sucker stopped three times to read it over before finally taking his stroke.

kingofdequeen

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 11:35:33 am »

That works too. I saw one guy on the PGA tour today take what seemed like 5 mins to hit his 3 foot putt. Sucker stopped three times to read it over before finally taking his stroke.

gross sounds more like a job.

parallaxpig

• Senior
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 08:48:42 am »

Is slope included?

ricepig

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 10:31:32 am »

Is slope included?

Sure, I think they should let the amateurs use them.

parallaxpig

• Senior
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 10:42:53 am »

Sure, I think they should let the amateurs use them.

We already use distance finders but not allowed to use the slope feature.  Just curious if they okíd that feature.

ricepig

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 10:48:31 am »

We already use distance finders but not allowed to use the slope feature.  Just curious if they okíd that feature.

I know that, that's why I said I think they should let amateurs use them. I thought your original question was on "slope"?? My son plays high school/ASGA/AJGA, he doesn't have the slope feature in his range finder, but others do, how do you know they aren't using them?

parallaxpig

• Senior
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 12:45:08 pm »

I know that, that's why I said I think they should let amateurs use them. I thought your original question was on "slope"?? My son plays high school/ASGA/AJGA, he doesn't have the slope feature in his range finder, but others do, how do you know they aren't using them?

Unfortunately you donít. Itís a trust issue. Of course most of golf is a trust/honesty issue.

ricepig

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 01:51:41 pm »

Unfortunately you donít. Itís a trust issue. Of course most of golf is a trust/honesty issue.

No doubt, and most don't call it on themselves, or their competitors. At the state tournament this year, one in the group in my son's foursome teed off with a Titleist, put his ball way out in some tall rough, and finished the hole with a Noodle, lol. Parents weren't allowed to help look for balls until ok'd by the monitor, he said he found it and played on. My son wouldn't call it on him, but did report it to our coach, it didn't matter in the end as that team finished out of the money.

majestic

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 04:32:11 pm »

I can't tell you how many times I've found my lady Pinnacle in the rough.

ricepig

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 04:42:46 pm »

I can't tell you how many times I've found my lady Pinnacle in the rough.

No doubt, or finished the hole with a yellow range ball...

GolfNut57

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2018, 07:02:15 pm »

No doubt, and most don't call it on themselves, or their competitors. At the state tournament this year, one in the group in my son's foursome teed off with a Titleist, put his ball way out in some tall rough, and finished the hole with a Noodle, lol. Parents weren't allowed to help look for balls until ok'd by the monitor, he said he found it and played on. My son wouldn't call it on him, but did report it to our coach, it didn't matter in the end as that team finished out of the money.

I played in one of those "one ball events" once. Hated every bit of it. Pain in the ass making sure you have enough balls of the same exact brand and model to play the round when I have nothing more than a mish mash of balls in my bag. Those types of events should be left strictly to pro tournaments and events.

ricepig

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 07:20:17 pm »

I played in one of those "one ball events" once. Hated every bit of it. Pain in the ass making sure you have enough balls of the same exact brand and model to play the round when I have nothing more than a mish mash of balls in my bag. Those types of events should be left strictly to pro tournaments and events.

I think the problem was he played another golf ball because he couldn't find his, lol.

GolfNut57

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 07:27:45 pm »

I think the problem was he played another golf ball because he couldn't find his, lol.

And I understand that. In a lost ball situation you better be coming out of the rough with the correct ball "Goldfinger". But once the play of a hole is completed, if you want to switch from a Titleist to a Callaway than have at it. My point was ONLY that one ball events are better left to the Pros.

ricepig

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2018, 08:04:47 pm »

And I understand that. In a lost ball situation you better be coming out of the rough with the correct ball "Goldfinger". But once the play of a hole is completed, if you want to switch from a Titleist to a Callaway than have at it. My point was ONLY that one ball events are better left to the Pros.

https://www.thoughtco.com/one-ball-rule-1561348

parallaxpig

• Senior
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 02:31:24 pm »

Taking some getting used too watching everybody putt with pin in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas