• 9,972,928 Posts
• 400,354 Topics
• 22,942 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USGA Rules of Golf  (Read 2499 times)

GolfNut57

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 03:40:10 pm by gotyacovered »

GolfNut57

Re: USGA Rules of Golf
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 05:57:52 pm »

Here's the latest updated rules of golf and the changes implemented by the USGA and the R&A for 2019. Personally I would like to see a rule change that says the Pro golfers are no longer allowed to use their caddies to help read their putts. As Pros they should be able to do that task all on their own in my opinion. (As recreational golfers we have to read our putts by ourselves so why shouldn't they?) Starting in 2019 the Caddies will no longer be allowed to help their pro's line up any shots and my idea would take that a step farther. Also, not that this will happen either, but in effort to speed up play on the Pro tours I wouldn't mind seeing a rule established that states once it becomes your turn to hit the shot or putt you have 30 seconds to do so. Any violation of that rule will cause you to be put on the clock. A second violation within the same round will cost you a 1 stroke penalty.

The USGA and R&A have already altered the rule regarding searching for lost balls by cutting the time allowed to look from 5 minutes down to just 3 mins. I'd like to see them take other measures to also speed up play.

http://www.usga.org/content/dam/usga/images/rules/rules-modernization/golf-new-rules/Rules%20of%20Golf%20for%202019.pdf

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ricepig

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 06:08:32 pm »

Let them use range finders, the caddies spend too much time walking it off and then trying to add or subtract numbers, lol.

GolfNut57

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 06:22:08 pm »

Let them use range finders, the caddies spend too much time walking it off and then trying to add or subtract numbers, lol.

That works too. I saw one guy on the PGA tour today take what seemed like 5 mins to hit his 3 foot putt. Sucker stopped three times to read it over before finally taking his stroke.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas