• 394,750 Topics
• 22,262 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: People should be mad with this loss  (Read 558 times)

Hogsfan1981

People should be mad with this loss
« on: January 11, 2013, 11:45:01 am »

It was terrible. Just terrible. No excuses for this loss. I can only hope that there was hell to pay from the coaches. This should never be acceptable.

With that being said I think the disaster that took place in football this year has put even more pressure on the basketball team to do well fast.

I didn't expect to get this trainwreck of a basketball program fixed in two years but I hope to God we can win more than one road game this year.

The game is exciting to watch and if we play like we are capable of then almost anyone coming into our house has a good chance of lossing.

However this team still struggles with road wins. It is a losing mentaility that I thought we would get rid of this year.

This team...just lays down on the road and takes it. It really is amazing to watch the difference from home to on the road.

phadedhawg

Re: People should be mad with this loss
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 12:09:31 pm »

I agree that we have a losing mentality on the road.  It looks like the team expects to lose.  We can play decent if we stay in the game.  But if we fall behind these kids panic and it's all downhill from there.  When the other team opens up a double digit lead you can see the "here we go again" look on the players and coaches.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 01:04:42 pm »

The hell to pay should be from the coaches for refusing to try anything new.  All they seem to know is " hawgball " and it ain't workin.

ThreeWayInn

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 01:14:17 pm »

"hawgball" works if you execute the fundamentals.

It is not as if all of sudden you can change everything you have been doing.  In football, if the offense is not working...you don't just switch to the wishbone...you work at getting better at what you do.

The system does not need to change...execution and fundamentals need to improve.

jamie72921

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Bless your heart. :(
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 01:16:53 pm »

It is not as if all of sudden you can change everything you have been doing.  In football, if the offense is not working...you don't just switch to the wishbone...you work at getting better at what you do.

The system does not need to change...execution and fundamentals need to improve.

Music City Razorback

• Varsity
  • Arkansas Razorbacks - A Family Tradition
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 10:25:04 pm »

That's the problem...I'm not the only one that doesn't get mad at losses.  That's what too many of them do to you.

ttrk05

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 10:50:28 pm »

And how long does it take to change fundamentals?  Everyone is saying CMA needs 4 years....to make kids block out?  To stop stupid fouls?  To actually have some resemblance of an offense? 

Danny J

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 11:33:55 pm »

And how long does it take to change fundamentals?  Everyone is saying CMA needs 4 years....to make kids block out?  To stop stupid fouls?  To actually have some resemblance of an offense?
^^^^ That is not even debatable. You can stop that nonsense(not blocking out and cheap fouls) immediately. You either block out or sit. You start moving your hips and feet and quit reaching or you sit. Just watch Powell's fouls he racks up especially away from BWA. He is out of position and reaches/grabs. Just watch the guys rebound. They are under the basket but instead of finding a body to block out they stand and watch or jump without being in position. We also try and block too many shots instead of standing our ground and making a guy hit a shot.

Here is the deal. If what you are trying to do isn't working then simplify. Go back to basics. Stop going on the road and trying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over.............it obviously isn't working. You have to adjust.

ttrk05

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 11:42:52 pm »

^^^^ That is not even debatable. You can stop that nonsense(not blocking out and cheap fouls) immediately. You either block out or sit. You start moving your hips and feet and quit reaching or you sit. Just watch Powell's fouls he racks up especially away from BWA. He is out of position and reaches/grabs. Just watch the guys rebound. They are under the basket but instead of finding a body to block out they stand and watch or jump without being in position. We also try and block too many shots instead of standing our ground and making a guy hit a shot.

Here is the deal. If what you are trying to do isn't working then simplify. Go back to basics. Stop going on the road and trying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over.............it obviously isn't working. You have to adjust.
And has CMA shown he will do any of this? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas