• 394,593 Topics
• 22,260 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John Franklin III talks NFL future, ‘crazy’ journey  (Read 112 times)

jbcarol

John Franklin III talks NFL future, ‘crazy’ journey
« on: March 31, 2018, 10:18:03 am »

John Franklin III is moving on to the professional ranks after one of the strangest college journeys in recent memory.

Franklin’s path took him through four different colleges and two different positions, with a starring role in a Netflix documentary mixed in as well.

He was originally recruited as quarterback at Florida State. He then transferred to East Mississippi Community College, where he found himself on Netflix’s Last Chance U series. From there, he signed with Auburn to play quarterback before transitioning to receiver at Florida Atlantic for Lane Kiffin.

“That was crazy,” Franklin told 247Sports’ Chris Hummer. “Every time I went somewhere somebody knew who I was. I would just shake my head when I saw somebody walk up to me because I knew what was coming next. But it was a great time and a great experience playing at Auburn in the SEC, being a quarterback in a great environment. Alabama doesn’t have any professional sports, so college football is everything in that state. We got to feel like pros. It was a great experience and a great time.”

Franklin is a gifted athlete, but he never developed as passer. He did, however, reportedly run a 4.19 laser-timed 40-yard dash recently, which will get the attention of a few NFL scouts. He’s entering the draft as a receiver, despite only having eight career receptions.

He said he received some advice from an NFL scout that pushed him to making the switch.

“One (scout) said, ‘In college you’ve got to play it all. You can’t do nothing but help yourself by showing that you can do everything,'” Franklin told 247Sports. “I thought about it and knew he was right. Everybody knew I could play quarterback. For me, it’s let me make a business decision and further myself. So I decided to make the switch. I liked it. It was different because I was so used to having the ball every play. But I grew accustomed to it.”

Franklin is likely to sign with an NFL team as an undrafted free agent...

jbcarol

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas