• 9,976,247 Posts
• 400,443 Topics
• 22,946 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The 3 Cís  (Read 1387 times)

Hawgey-Davidson

The 3 Cís
« on: November 13, 2018, 09:01:18 am »

Chavis, Caldwell and Cooper are seasoned veteran coaches. Iíll mention Lunney and Scott before someone wants to correct me, have coached at the SEC level. We have a HC, O-cord, OL coach, WR coach cutting their collective teeth in the SEC west. Arguably the toughest division in all of CFB. Now I realize they are recruiting at a high level, if they can hold this class together but my concern is can they develop what they recruit?

The SEC west is a monster and IMO the toughest place for on the job training. I know time will tell but I think this is a legitimate concern. Thoughts?

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
Re: The 3 Cís
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 09:05:12 am »

I thought it was cut, clarity and color? Thatís what Mr. Underwood said.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 09:12:05 am »

Chavis, Caldwell and Cooper are seasoned veteran coaches. Iíll mention Lunney and Scott before someone wants to correct me, have coached at the SEC level. We have a HC, O-cord, OL coach, WR coach cutting their collective teeth in the SEC west. Arguably the toughest division in all of CFB. Now I realize they are recruiting at a high level, if they can hold this class together but my concern is can they develop what they recruit?

The SEC west is a monster and IMO the toughest place for on the job training. I know time will tell but I think this is a legitimate concern. Thoughts?

WR's Im confident in.  They showed what they can do with above average talent at that position, they don't Les Miles it up.  So given they get in some good talent, they can make that position more than competitive. I'm still out on QB, I know people want to tie Watson to Morris, but reality his college success and after aren't really tied to Morris.  Morris did make SMU's QB more than serviceable with a level talent playing field.  I like Storey, but just don't feel as if he has it.  So that being said, Morris gets "his" guy at QB we shall see. 

Hawgey-Davidson

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 09:12:27 am »

Bill or Craig?

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 09:21:04 am »

see, thats hella sarcasm

PP

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 11:29:00 am »

Brought the staff inexperience up more than once before the season started and at the horrible start.  Got tired of saying it over and over.  Craddock and Fry would not sniff SEC jobs at any other school. 

On offense our two biggest weaknesses are OL and QB.  Interesting that both coaches are in the box during the game.  OC I can understand even though he is the QB coach.  Morris is on the sideline and although Craddock supposedly calls the plays I'm sure it's a lot of back and forth with him and Morris and Morris is a de facto QB coach as well. 

Fry should be down on the sideline.  His group is the largest on the field in terms of number of players.  One problem we continue to see every game is procedurals.  I think CM may turnout OK but his staff could use some upgrades.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 11:45:12 am »

Armon Watts going from never playing to leading SEC D lineman w 7 tells me all I need to know about our defensive coaches.

HogPharmer

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 11:48:43 am »

Those are the 4 C's. Carat.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 12:02:46 pm »

Bill or Craig?

Bill first then Craig by the time we purchased her ring. By the way Craig is a really, really good photographer.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 12:03:47 pm »

I forgot that one. Thanks.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 12:03:49 pm »

Wonder if Sutton would have ever made it to the NFL as a defensive back if Morris and steppe wouldnít have moved him to receiver.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 12:12:41 pm »

I that it was seven.  Saline the seven c's.

Hog Fan...DOH!

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 12:24:33 pm »

I'm not sure you can have a fair discussion about this unless you also bring up what each coaching group has to work with:

1) OL:  8, healthy scholarship linemen.  That's ridiculous.  The attrition and injury rate at that position has been absurd.  And you know what?  Ty Storey has time to throw the ball. 

2) QB:  Ty Storey, Cole Kelley, and freshmen.  Hindsight being it what it is, you probably want Storey playing all year long.   If Kelley didn't have it figured out by opening of Fall camp, then he wasn't going to.  This position is not exactly... good.  And we're crying about play calling after playing what is probably the best defense in the country?  Is that fair?  Is it the coaches fault when players slam into each other?   Or when Devin White blows up a run against a center that's never played center until 5 games ago?  Jeez.

3) WR:  who's your best guy?  Who's out there?  Bueller... Bueller...   

ballz2thewall

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 12:53:22 pm »

that's funny, man:)

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 09:00:58 pm »

Brought the staff inexperience up more than once before the season started and at the horrible start.  Got tired of saying it over and over.  Craddock and Fry would not sniff SEC jobs at any other school. 

On offense our two biggest weaknesses are OL and QB.  Interesting that both coaches are in the box during the game.  OC I can understand even though he is the QB coach.  Morris is on the sideline and although Craddock supposedly calls the plays I'm sure it's a lot of back and forth with him and Morris and Morris is a de facto QB coach as well. 

Fry should be down on the sideline.  His group is the largest on the field in terms of number of players.  One problem we continue to see every game is procedurals.  I think CM may turnout OK but his staff could use some upgrades.
in that line of thinking, neither would have Gus, when he was hired here.  Learning on the fly isn't always a bad thing

PP

nate1283

• Band Nerd
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 01:49:05 pm »

in that line of thinking, neither would have Gus, when he was hired here.  Learning on the fly isn't always a bad thing

PP
So true...

I don't get where people think we were gonna hire the best coach at each position we had available.  EVERY coach had to cut their teeth somewhere.  Craddock could become one of the greatest OC's in the game, Fry could turn into the next Pittman.  Wouldn't you rather take a flier on them rather than them catch fire somewhere else?  I mean Dabo Swinney said CCM was a slam dunk hire in so many words, I'll trust his opinion more than anybody's on hogville.  ;)

Bacons Rebellion

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2018, 08:24:26 am »

I thought it was cut, clarity and color? That’s what Mr. Underwood said.

I was expecting Command, Control, and Communications.

I'm not particularly worried about the offensive staff right now. Our performance is not particularly worse than last year. It's not particularly better either, but it's a completely foreign system to the players, so I don't know any better than to assume those factors wash out (1 more year experience negates new system).

1highhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 08:35:23 am »

As far as right now Coach Fry has made our disaster of Oline serviceable, so he's got my vote to stay.  He's already and upgrade over Anderson.

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2018, 08:44:32 am »

I'm not sure you can have a fair discussion about this unless you also bring up what each coaching group has to work with:

1) OL:  8, healthy scholarship linemen.  That's ridiculous.  The attrition and injury rate at that position has been absurd.  And you know what?  Ty Storey has time to throw the ball. 

2) QB:  Ty Storey, Cole Kelley, and freshmen.  Hindsight being it what it is, you probably want Storey playing all year long.   If Kelley didn't have it figured out by opening of Fall camp, then he wasn't going to.  This position is not exactly... good.  And we're crying about play calling after playing what is probably the best defense in the country?  Is that fair?  Is it the coaches fault when players slam into each other?   Or when Devin White blows up a run against a center that's never played center until 5 games ago?  Jeez.

3) WR:  who's your best guy?  Who's out there?  Bueller... Bueller...

Don't muddy the water with truth

wpswillriseagain

• Varsity
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2018, 08:53:12 am »

As far as right now Coach Fry has made our disaster of Oline serviceable, so he's got my vote to stay.  He's already and upgrade over Anderson.
truth. With only six guys on scholorship, learning a whole new blocking scheme. Still frustrating at times but they have exceeded my expectations. Next year will be another tough job for him too.

The Hawgman

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2018, 09:08:23 am »

WR's Im confident in.  They showed what they can do with above average talent at that position, they don't Les Miles it up.  So given they get in some good talent, they can make that position more than competitive. I'm still out on QB, I know people want to tie Watson to Morris, but reality his college success and after aren't really tied to Morris.  Morris did make SMU's QB more than serviceable with a level talent playing field.  I like Storey, but just don't feel as if he has it.  So that being said, Morris gets "his" guy at QB we shall see.
No doubt the turnaround will be dependent on the QB position.
Storey has an important place on this team but if we do get to 6+ wins next year it will not be starting QB.
We MUST have enough depth at QB that the QB can run the ball to help the running back and make the running game strong enough to put pressure on the defense so all facets work and keep the defense off the field.
Bryant, KJ, and Ty can fill that bill.
Hopeful we have all three next year.

The Hawgman

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2018, 09:14:04 am »

No doubt the turnaround will be dependent on the QB position.
Storey has an important place on this team but if we do get to 6+ wins next year it will not be starting QB.
We MUST have enough depth at QB that the QB can run the ball to help the running back and make the running game strong enough to put pressure on the defense so all facets work and keep the defense off the field.
Bryant, KJ, and Ty can fill that bill.
Hopeful we have all three next year.
Tell me what are we going to do at center next year. A big position that we have been solid for several years that has real problems now.
A sincere question not stirring the pot.

rljjr

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2018, 10:19:29 am »

And he wouldn't sell you a diamond he wouldn't give to his very own wife.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas