• 10,061,191 Posts
• 402,724 Topics
• 23,014 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: nutty pulls te schollie  (Read 4927 times)

sivad53

nutty pulls te schollie
« on: January 14, 2009, 02:21:27 pm »

idochog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hammer down!
Re: nutty pulls te schollie
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 02:22:28 pm »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

sivad53

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 02:23:08 pm »

lol thats good

Kenny Hawgins

• Sturm, swung, wucht
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 02:24:30 pm »

nutt doesn't think he could run the wild rebel

....and he must not love the helmet

TrojanHog

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 02:25:46 pm »

He must have heard mchaney was shopping and decided to drop him first so he looked like the winner. Look at that kids offer list, I thought he was one of their better recruits. Good measurables. Good offers. Odd

Justifiable Hogicide

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 02:26:05 pm »

anyone know why?

He told Danny he didn't have time to go cruise the Sonic for chicks with him.

jst01

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 02:26:13 pm »

I heard he was too good at running routes and catching the ball, Nutt needed a TE that was more devoted to blocking with less skill.

notreseveredname

• Senior
  • Go Hogs! Go SHS Rebels! Go Broncos! Go Joe Dirt!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 02:28:11 pm »

He wouldn't snap him the football in his office.

Inguinal_Orchiectomy

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 02:28:48 pm »

Because Nutt probably read the post over here that shed light on the fact that there is a difference in three star recruits. Although the player is well-named for the University of Mississippi - Thad - he was only a 5.5.

No, seriously. I heard the guy did not like Sonic.

sivad53

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 02:33:51 pm »

i wouldnt be happy if this was a space issue and i had two kickers signed. 

asparkm

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 02:37:46 pm »

Nutt couldn't use a TE that had offers from OU, Tennesse, UCLA, and Auburn... he is probably clearing room for another TE commited to SMU, Arkansas St., or LA Tech that is more of a "special" player.

ark-rebsfan

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 02:55:45 pm »

Ok here's the deal... evidently the kid promised Nutt and Austin that he was set and wouldn't be looking around or talking to other schools. Not a big deal right? Well, he decided to see if he could get into Vandy and from our sources, Nutt didn't like that he did this behind his back and not telling him. Well, to keep a long story short, Nutt pulled his scholarship and it looks like the kid will more than likely go to Vandy. Mostly b/c of academics...which is understandable. Sorry for the kid but we have players available who we can replace him with.

Go check out the film on Scout.com for Zacheus Mason. He's a TE who is unranked at the time..has only played football for the last couple years but the kid is 6'6 and 250 but the kicker is that he has moves of a WR. A real monster out of TN. I like this kid much more than McHaney.

Simple Swineman

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 02:58:55 pm »

Ok here's the deal... evidently the kid promised Nutt and Austin that he was set and wouldn't be looking around or talking to other schools. Not a big deal right? Well, he decided to see if he could get into Vandy and from our sources, Nutt didn't like that he did this behind his back and not telling him. Well, to keep a long story short, Nutt pulled his scholarship and it looks like the kid will more than likely go to Vandy. Mostly b/c of academics...which is understandable. Sorry for the kid but we have players available who we can replace him with.

Go check out the film on Scout.com for Zacheus Mason. He's a TE who is unranked at the time..has only played football for the last couple years but the kid is 6'6 and 250 but the kicker is that he has moves of a WR. A real monster out of TN. I like this kid much more than McHaney.

Sounds big enough to be a third tackle. I think he will enjoy playing for Markuson.

sivad53

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 03:02:19 pm »

he didnt love the helmet so hes gone i guess, nevermind he has one of the top offer lists of all the ole miss prospects. 

El Puerco

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 03:02:30 pm »

He's done with with all that tight end sissy stuff.  He's just going to put another tackle out there and stop acting like he's going to throw the ball

jst01

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 03:06:32 pm »

hey now, we dont need any facts about the situation. We will form our own facts while making fun of Nutt, it's much more fun that way.... ;)

kingofdequeen

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 03:06:48 pm »

boy oh boy.

you will get tired of hearing this, man.  i assure you.

really tired. i mean....REALLY tired.

Unranked / special / etc...

Kilgor

• All-American Hogvillian
  • This is the good stuff
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 03:11:20 pm »

Classic Nutt.  TE with offers to OU, Tennessee, UCLA, Auburn, Louisville, etc.?  No, we want the unranked guy that just started playing football!!!  We like him better any way...

Nutt didn't like that he did this behind his back and not telling him.

He's lucky as hell he won't be playing for Nutt.  He has hurt Nutt's ego.  He would have faced Code Reds from his own "loyal" teammates and never would have seen the field.  He just better watch for late blindside blocks and backside cut blocks hen Vandy plays Ole Miss.

clifflee4mvp

• The General Lee
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 03:12:28 pm »

he let go of the rope

LSPRazorbac

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 03:20:28 pm »

Sounds like Mason has a lot of potential.

Good thing he will have a coach that knows how to to help TEs reach their potential.

ROFL!!!!!!!!

cbjagman

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 03:21:48 pm »

Well I just feel sorry for the kid. He obviously doesn't understand that Ole Misery is known far and wide as the "Harvard of the South".

kingofdequeen

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 03:26:07 pm »

Well I just feel sorry for the kid. He obviously doesn't understand that Ole Misery is known far and wide as the "Harvard of the South".

i'd actually refer to it as the Yale of the south.

anti performance, pro-good ole boy, on and on.

stinkyhog

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 03:31:16 pm »

Otis says they are going to use that spot for lonnie davis.

Fatmanhog

• Take this Wisconsin.
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 03:31:24 pm »

you will get used to this

clifflee4mvp

• The General Lee
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 03:33:04 pm »

ooooooo another diamond in the rough boys!

tbhogfan

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 03:34:16 pm »

Eventually the kool-aid will wear off and you will start to see Nutt for the lazy sack of pooh that he is.  This is classic Nutt not wanting to put any effort into a very good recruit, and here is how the math adds up:

McHaney > Mason
*** > NR
Able to academically get into Vandy > Able to get into Ole Miss
Offers from Oklahoma, Vandy, Auburn > Offers from Chatanooga and Austin Peay
Bobby Johnson > Houston Nutt
Years of Playing Experience > Little playing experience

The bottom line is that McHaney upgraded his situation and instead of being a man and stepping up to a recruiting challenge, Nutt chose to cut his losses and go after a 'project' who is going to be wowed with an SEC offer.   This will be a pattern, and soon you will have a couple of stud RB's, a decent line, and a bunch of projects.   

TrojanHog

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 03:40:29 pm »

Sweet my guess was right and Nutt proves he can't handle recruiting once again. I picturehim as Jim Carey in Bruce Almight standing on a picnic table pointing his fingers magician style while growling "Love ME" and when that doesn't work he gives up...

rzrbaks

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 03:45:01 pm »

Thad had offers from OU, Tenn, Oregon, UCLA, Auburn, and he's smart enough to not only get into Vandy but decide to go there....I'd say big loss for the rebs.

HawgnCorona

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 03:50:09 pm »

boy oh boy.

you will get tired of hearing this, man.  i assure you.

really tired. i mean....REALLY tired.

Unranked / special / etc...

especially when the "projects" dont pan out...

Hawgzilla

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 03:54:23 pm »

HDN----Doing more with less :-\

DoubleJ

• Welcome home!
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2009, 03:57:25 pm »

Sounds like he might have hurt Nutt's ego a bit...hmmm.....where have I seen this before?

Kilgor

• This is the good stuff
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2009, 03:59:22 pm »

....soon you will have a couple of stud RB's, a decent line, and a bunch of projects.   

Assuming that 3 stud running backs grow up within a few hours of campus and 2 of them are going to be Rebels even if a babbling baboon was coach (oh... nevermind  ;D ).

SquidBiily

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 04:02:50 pm »

Sounds to me like Nutt saving face.  Even the Rebel fans, who have a bad case of the Nutt love, would have gotten all over Nutt if he got beat for this kid by Vandy.  This way Nutt can say he pulled his offer so when he goes to Vandy it will look like Nutt no longer wanted him.

LAHOGG

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 04:04:57 pm »

He's making room for a couple more RB's.  Because we all know it takes 15 running backs to have a good team.

go hogues

• You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2009, 04:09:30 pm »

Ok here's the deal... evidently the kid promised Nutt and Austin that he was set and wouldn't be looking around or talking to other schools. Not a big deal right? Well, he decided to see if he could get into Vandy and from our sources, Nutt didn't like that he did this behind his back and not telling him.

Sorry for the kid but we have players available who we can replace him with.

Reading this reminds me of pretending to act like what a three year old is saying is important.  I am sitting here thinking: "mmmmmhhhmmmm", "you don't say?", "how about that?" "sure", etc. 
Soon these Mississippi fans will realize what they've got over there in their coach.

The Boar War

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2009, 04:09:45 pm »

Nutt "pulling" an offer from a highly recruited player only to go after a diamond in the rough.  Get used to it.  Its going to become as common as off tackle right.

DoubleJ

• Welcome home!
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2009, 04:11:14 pm »

I would bet money that he was going to change his commitment, and Nutt got wind of it and pulled his scholarship so he would not look like the rejected one.  How many times has Nutt allowed a committed player to visit other schools? 

Remember Slick Shelley?  He had an offer from Nutty, and when Nutt found out that he was going to commit to Tennessee, he pulled his offer and said that it was due to character issues.  No one could figure out what character issues they were because there weren't any.

go hogues

• You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2009, 04:12:12 pm »

He's making room for a couple more RB's.  Because we all know it takes 15 running backs to have a good team.
And I bet each one has been told he'll be the one to get to run the wild webbel.  Who cares if there are 15 other running backs on the sidelines.

hogcoots

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2009, 04:19:06 pm »

MOTHO heard that Rolle was transferring from Florida State to Oxford to learn how to build roads.  In a rush to create scholarship room, he pulled this kid's offer.  It took Danny 3 hours and two foot long cheese coneys to convince him that he had bad information.

COCHISE

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2009, 04:24:50 pm »

hey now, we dont need any facts about the situation. We will form our own facts while making fun of Nutt, it's much more fun that way.... ;)
Agreed.  Here's mine, Ole Miss just lost one of their top recruits to VANDERBILT.  To ease the pending fallout and embarrassment, Nutt "pulls his scholarship" before the kid can actually state that he has switched his commitment to Vandy.  Anybody else think my scenario is more accurate?

kingofdequeen

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2009, 04:27:29 pm »

Nutt "pulling" an offer from a highly recruited player only to go after a diamond in the rough.  Get used to it.  Its going to become as common as off tackle right.

and they he'll "come back with the POWER play"

yraciv

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2009, 04:31:24 pm »

I thought that kid was a basketball player.

Simple Swineman

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2009, 04:31:52 pm »

Agreed.  Here's mine, Ole Miss just lost one of their top recruits to VANDERBILT.  To ease the pending fallout and embarrassment, Nutt "pulls his scholarship" before the kid can actually state that he has switched his commitment to Vandy.  Anybody else think my scenario is more accurate?

I'm so glad we don't have to deal with this crap anymore.

sivad53

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 04:39:29 pm »

no doubt!

DoubleJ

• Welcome home!
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 04:40:34 pm »

Yes, but it is fun to watch from afar.

Rocky Mountain Living

• Senior
  • What John Holmes would look like if he was a MVP
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2009, 04:40:40 pm »

Trust me Rebels...Nutt didn't pull a scholarship from the 3rd best recruit in his class!

He is lazy and didn't want anyone that has to be recruited...

El Puerco

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2009, 04:43:09 pm »

Man, I love reading these things.  Nutt's got about 4 more years at Ole Miss where he can pee on their leg and tell them that it's raining.  We know better.

kingofdequeen

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2009, 04:49:46 pm »

at least he pulled offer before he got to campus.

Paging Mr. Miller...Mr. Hunter Miller...

COCHISE

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2009, 04:52:56 pm »

Trust me Rebels...Nutt didn't pull a scholarship from the 3rd best recruit in his class!

He is lazy and didn't want anyone that has to be recruited...

Agreed.  In 10 years I don't remember Nutt ever pulling an offer from a recruit due to that recruit visiting other schools, as a matter of fact I can't think of a time when Nutt pulled a scholarship period.

Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter

• President and life time member of the Hobby Shop.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • SPORTS HAS NEVER BEEN SO UGLY!
    • facebook.com/uglyuncle.
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2009, 04:55:03 pm »

Does HdN have an Otis Kirk over there that will tell people that this was a good move and the other guy has a much bigger upside, and that HdN is a great judge of talent, and that this kid would be a character problem if he even made it to campus because there was some question of his academics even though he might be going to Vandy? And writes articles up just like I typed this?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas