• 10,110,432 Posts
• 404,024 Topics
• 23,071 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Stephen Hill, Class Act....  (Read 5270 times)

HandD used autos

Stephen Hill, Class Act....
« on: April 16, 2007, 10:26:30 am »

We sat a little behind Stephen Hill and his lady friend at the baseball game Saturday.  He was asked numerous times by different youngsters for autographs/pictures and was very cordial to every one of them.  He is a true Hog thru and thru.  Way to go Stephen!  You are Class Act!!

PigWig

Re: Stephen Hill, Class Act....
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 10:30:25 am »

I like Hill. He has the right attitude and will be a great asset to our team next year.  I'm anxious to see how much he develops this offseason with a coach that actually knows the game at the helm.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HandD used autos

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 10:37:19 am »

yeah, i fully expect his offensive game to pick up quickly.

Bomis Hawg

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Knile Davis Beast Mode
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 10:40:45 am »

Steven Hill is a solid person and basketball player.
He's the guy, regardless if he plays for Arkansas, you want to do well and make a hit in the NBA.
Here's to Steven's finest year next year at Arkansas.

SpareRib

• Favorite Memphis Pic!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:43:07 am »

Steven Hill is a solid person and basketball player.
He's the guy, regardless if he plays for Arkansas, you want to do well and make a hit in the NBA.
Here's to Steven's finest year next year at Arkansas.

Yep, Steven is a class act.  I hope Pelphrey turns him into a monster on the court next year and wish him all the best.

bsking

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 10:43:24 am »

dont take it to heart, and it may not be accurate at all, but a senior photographer hor the traveler told me that hill is considering entering the draft.  Its probably just a stupid rumer, because i think hes not ready, and he would get thrown around like a rag doll.  But, he IS one of the most athletic 7 footers you will ever find.  I highly doubt it, but there is definately a rumor out there.

arkjay19

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 10:52:05 am »

Yeah, I saw Steven walking at Baum Saturday and some woman yelled at him from like 50 feet away asking him if he would meet her son.  He turned around, said sure, shook the kid's hand and talked to him for a little bit.  Steven is a class act and I'm glad he's a Razorback and hope he stays for his senior year.

HandD used autos

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 10:59:28 am »

But, he IS one of the most athletic 7 footers you will ever find.  

I love to watch him go up after those alley oop passes and hammer em down!

Shocktheman

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 11:01:55 am »

We sat a little behind Stephen Hill and his lady friend at the baseball game Saturday.  He was asked numerous times by different youngsters for autographs/pictures and was very cordial to every one of them.  He is a true Hog thru and thru.  Way to go Stephen!  You are Class Act!!

Nice to see something positive on MMQB!  Virtual 1+

stan the man

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 11:03:14 am »

Always a smart arse in every crowd and every thread.u

OnYourToes

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Train up a child in the way they should go . . .
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 11:03:39 am »

Steven Hill is great for our recruits.  I would love for him to go into the homes of potieltial Hogs.  He is the type of class act human being AND terrific basketball player that any coach would want and any player would want to have on their team.

Keep it up Steven!

HandD used autos

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 11:06:38 am »

Always a smart arse in every crowd and every thread.u

Hey stan the man,

???  How was that being a smart A?

It was never intended to be!  I personally think Hill is a great ambassador for an athletic program that seems to be headed down in a hurry!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 11:23:12 am by HandD used autos »

PiggoBitttys

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 11:18:21 am »

FWIW, I saw Mike Washington and Stefan Welsh at the scrimmage and both signed every autograph for numerous people who came up and took a picture with one of the kids.

HandD used autos

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 11:20:29 am »

FWIW, I saw Mike Washington and Stefan Welsh at the scrimmage and both signed every autograph for numerous people who came up and took a picture with one of the kids.

Awesome!  It proves that there are some class players in our program!  We should all be proud!

little pigee

• I'll get back to you on that...
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 11:31:57 am »

Go Hogs!!!

sharks89

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 11:33:47 am »

Best Wishes to Steven Hill - A fine young man and an excellent Razorback!

BigC51

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 11:36:54 am »

I wouldnt mind seeing Hill get in the NBA and then swat Al Jeffereson everytime he goes up. 

HandD used autos

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 11:38:43 am »

I wouldnt mind seeing Hill get in the NBA and then swat Al Jeffereson everytime he goes up. 

Ditto!

skeetmaster24

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 11:53:45 am »

helluva guy

iheartred

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 12:06:24 pm »

ya well I saw him that night at a Frat Party getting drunk off his ______ss. Good guy tho

HandD used autos

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 12:24:25 pm »

ya well I saw him that night at a Frat Party getting drunk off his ______ss. Good guy tho

Wow!  I really hold your word as the Gospel!  Keep wishing you had 1/10 of the class SH has!!

chshog

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 12:36:44 pm »

I talked to him at the baseball game and asked him if he was ready to "run" next year and he said the he had all summer to get ready do so. He was great with the kids. Shaun McCurdy was also there but many did not notice him. My wife also asked him for his autograph. When he left, he stopped and gave my wife a hug and said "I'll miss you neat year". I took that to mean Arkansas fans.

Bottomfeeder

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 12:39:28 pm »

hill can be very good he has not been able to shoot a 12' a 3 like other teams post players now i know i blame i agree this can be a great year.

Razorhogs

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 12:42:41 pm »

Stephen Hill is a claas act.  We need more of that.

HandD used autos

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 12:43:59 pm »

I talked to him at the baseball game and asked him if he was ready to "run" next year and he said the he had all summer to get ready do so. He was great with the kids. Shaun McCurdy was also there but many did not notice him. My wife also asked him for his autograph. When he left, he stopped and gave my wife a hug and said "I'll miss you neat year". I took that to mean Arkansas fans.

was that McCurdy in the white jacket/sweatshirt?
i thought it was but wasn't 100% sure!

rocksalt

• Varsity
  • Hey HDN, I Found Your Career In Here !
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 12:45:45 pm »

That is good to hear. Just needs someone to help him develop his talent so we can follow his progress in the NBA.

Break & Run

• Let me take your money on the pool table.
    • Break and Run Web Design
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 01:59:44 pm »

hill can be very good he has not been able to shoot a 12' a 3 like other teams post players now i know i blame i agree this can be a great year.

dude, you dont make any sense...

Break & Run

• Let me take your money on the pool table.
    • Break and Run Web Design
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 02:00:13 pm »

GO HOGS!!  Steven Hill for Athletic Director!!!

TX HOG

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 02:01:17 pm »

What??

LSPRazorbac

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 02:04:01 pm »

but was his lady friend hot?

weresoclose

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 02:05:59 pm »

but was his lady friend hot?

He's gonna be making bank here real quick, even if he isn't the most illustrious centers in the NBA.  So yeah, she's hot!!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

• Hogville Resident DJ
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 02:09:39 pm »

He's a class act alright.  Just like many other kids who should be dead weight on the bench.  He is weak, plays with no heart on the court and doesn't seem to care if we win of lose.

NBA?  Are you kidding me?

wholehog92

• refined yet primal
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 02:40:15 pm »

Hill and McCurdy both have done FCA events together on a regular basis.  The team also came to Children's in LR while my son was there.  Those two specifically hung out with my son.  It was very nice of Stan to bring them and great that they didn't just become wall flowers.  I am glad they have both been HOGS.

TRUHOG718

• Hmmm. What would Nolan Do?
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2007, 02:52:41 pm »

Ditto!
Hey Easy ....Big Al's still a Razorback to me.  What can you say Opportunity knocked and he LET HIM IN. Can you blame him?

homerjsimpson

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2007, 02:55:03 pm »

Yeah, you should hope that he was referring to Arkansas fans!

Pignominious

• Senior
  • The mighty Buffalo
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2007, 03:00:41 pm »

He's a class act alright.  Just like many other kids who should be dead weight on the bench.  He is weak, plays with no heart on the court and doesn't seem to care if we win of lose.

If you watched the games you would have noticed he improved a lot last year.

chshog

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2007, 03:52:12 pm »

was that McCurdy in the white jacket/sweatshirt?
i thought it was but wasn't 100% sure!

Yes, it was him.

chshog

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2007, 03:53:29 pm »

Yeah, you should hope that he was referring to Arkansas fans!

Well, I can hope.

Stella

• Senior
  • I will cry like a baby until Houston Nutt is gone!
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2007, 04:12:58 pm »

Good to hear.

moses_007

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Bring the Wood!
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2007, 04:13:58 pm »

He's a class act for sure...on and off the court... :razorback:

Bvilleboar

• Senior
  • Burnt orange is not a color it is a disease!
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2007, 04:14:38 pm »

You have to love having great kids like that in our program.

HeadOverHill

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2007, 04:48:01 pm »

Sometimes I'm not sure whether to take you seriously or not..
Personally, I think Steven will do awesome in the NBA. Recently he has gained some muscle, as well as a much tougher attitude, and has improved his overall game drastically.
And, on the contrary, I think he shows a great deal of heart on the court.
Keep it up, Steven!

yraciv

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2007, 04:50:07 pm »

Wow!  I really hold your word as the Gospel!  Keep wishing you had 1/10 of the class SH has!!

Hate to dissapoint you, but this dude is telling the truth.  Hill and many athletes were out partying this weekend, but that in no way should reflect your impression of him.  He is a good guy and a class act, but he is a college kid too.

MuttiZuTigern

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2007, 05:02:10 pm »

As for what Hill was up to that evening, it is not our concern as long as he did nothing illegal. I was in college once and recall attending a couple of frat parties and drinking a bit myself (as I'm sure many of us have/did/maybe even still do). I'm now a mom and a wife that has a full time job and a college degree.

Anyway, I was in Wal-Mart not long ago and noticed Hill and his g/f down one of the aisles, I hated to bother them but thought, heck, why not! So I asked him for his autograph and a picture. He said "Sure! I'd love to!" His g/f was sweet too!

rocksalt

• Varsity
  • Hey HDN, I Found Your Career In Here !
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2007, 05:26:12 pm »

I agree. There is nothing wrong with having a good time, it's when you get out of line that the problem starts. Heck, we've all seen people get out of line that weren't partying !

Hate to dissapoint you, but this dude is telling the truth.  Hill and many athletes were out partying this weekend, but that in no way should reflect your impression of him.  He is a good guy and a class act, but he is a college kid too.

ilovepinebluff

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2007, 06:05:51 pm »

Yeah, its not like its illegal for him anymore either. I guarantee you 99% of the posters on this board got drunk before the age of 18.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

• Hogville Resident DJ
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2007, 08:41:41 pm »

Sometimes I'm not sure whether to take you seriously or not..
Personally, I think Steven will do awesome in the NBA. Recently he has gained some muscle, as well as a much tougher attitude, and has improved his overall game drastically.
And, on the contrary, I think he shows a great deal of heart on the court.
Keep it up, Steven!

You can't play in the NBA if you are 7 feet and miss lay-ups underneath the basket.

Like I said, he's a good kid and I like him.  But he is not NBA talent.

Semper Hogelis

• Senior
  • I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2007, 09:13:05 pm »

Here is hoping your 6th post is better than that. Heaven forbid a 21 y/o college student go to a party and drink.
The point is still the same. he is a fine young man, and I'm proud he is a Razorback.

HogLove

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2007, 09:34:45 pm »

Hey, I'm one of Steven's really good friends.  I was with him this weekend at a party and I can assure you he wasn't "drunk of his ___".  Steven isn't a HUGE partier.  He's 21 and drinks occasionally...whoever made that comment must have been seeing double.  (Not to mention...I believe many of the other basketball players failed their drug tests this year..some you might not even know about).  As for the guy who keeps doggin' Steven...I know I might be partial to Steven but...who are you to say how upset he gets after losses?!  Hm?  You have absolutely no idea how much he puts into this program.  Not to mention, you have no idea what the pro scouts have said to him after he ended this season.  You probably don't know that he's already been told if he went this year he would be one of the 60.  So, for those of you that just insist on turning a perfectly good and positive thread into one that bashes a guy you don't even know...please stop.  Because, you have absolutely no idea what's going on.  Thank you.

Footballref

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2007, 09:44:30 pm »

I also sat behind the big man this weekend at the Baseball game and he did sign many autographs.
He is a very nice guy and he did sign everyone of the autographs that he was asked to sign even
some by adults.

But I do tend to believe that some people should put there self in his shoes and let the man go out in
public without being mobbed for autographs he was trying to hang with his woman.
He was only there about 5 innings and he spent 2 to 2.5 of them signing autographs.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas