• 395,462 Topics
• 22,304 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 ... 382   Go Down

Author Topic: Road Trips: 3 Hots and a Cot  (Read 833635 times)

JIHawg

Re: Pretty much decided to go to Arkansas-LSU on 11 November.....Question?
« Reply #18400 on: September 05, 2017, 11:01:16 pm »

There's just a whole lot of drinking amongst the LSU crowd.  Lots and lots of drunks.  If LSU is winning, it's usually not a problem.  However, if they are losing, the F bombs start getting thrown around.  Your son will hear some words he probably hasn't been exposed to.

I would be hesitant to take one that age to this venue.  Again, if they are losing, it can get downright nasty.  Also, don't put any Hog stuff on you car.  That's asking for trouble.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Married way....way...way....up.
« Reply #18401 on: September 05, 2017, 11:49:15 pm »

It's a football game.  No need to recon it.  You really don't want to take your 4 year old with you do you? You were just looking for an excuse.

WTH is wrong with you? I am very careful how many drunks I bring my son around. I've heard of some very difficult experiences at Tiger Stadium. I think hitting a game before I bring my 4-yo boy there just to check it out is reasonable.

As for you insinuating that I really don't want to take my son and looking for excuses, suggest you go play in traffic. That's the nicest thing I have to say to you. You can talk like that to other people, but he is MY responsibility and I take it very seriously.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

panhandlepig

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • don't worry about a thing
« Reply #18402 on: September 06, 2017, 12:18:52 am »

WTH is wrong with you? I am very careful how many drunks I bring my son around. I've heard of some very difficult experiences at Tiger Stadium. I think hitting a game before I bring my 4-yo boy there just to check it out is reasonable.

As for you insinuating that I really don't want to take my son and looking for excuses, suggest you go play in traffic. That's the nicest thing I have to say to you. You can talk like that to other people, but he is MY responsibility and I take it very seriously.

Ok. Now my advice is don't go. Stay safe out there.
  If you feel you can't protect your son from drunk football fans, stay home.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 12:33:51 am by panhandlepig »

jkstock04

« Reply #18403 on: September 06, 2017, 01:18:15 am »

LSU stadium is one of the last places you would want to take a 4 year old kid dressed in Hog gear. The thought of that is just plain wrong. Good chance he would be scared for life and I'm not exaggerating.

Of course there's a chance you may go and it would be a great experience for him...but my experience there was pretty miserable...so, I wouldn't recommend it. Couldn't imagine having a little kid around those folks.

BigSexyHog

« Reply #18404 on: September 06, 2017, 03:23:16 am »

It's a football game.  No need to recon it.  You really don't want to take your 4 year old with you do you? You were just looking for an excuse.

Pathetic loser.   What a worthless POS comment from a loser.

Smalltownhog95

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #18405 on: September 06, 2017, 04:20:42 am »

Last year was my first time to be at the Lsu game and even though it was in Fayetteville i can tell you Tiger fans can party. 2 hours before the game my group was mingling with some family friends north of the stadium and just down from us was a group of Tiger fans playing flip cup with bourbon. Dude im in my young 20's and like to drink but i like to at least be conscious during the game then blackout afterwards. Then we had one fall in the middle of the road and couldnt get up. An officer had to pick her up and take her away. Moral of the story. Those people can drink.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #18406 on: September 06, 2017, 08:47:05 am »

Pathetic loser.   What a worthless POS comment from a loser.

You and I think alike.

Reservoir Hogs

« Reply #18407 on: September 06, 2017, 09:01:46 am »

Last year was my first time to be at the Lsu game and even though it was in Fayetteville i can tell you Tiger fans can party. 2 hours before the game my group was mingling with some family friends north of the stadium and just down from us was a group of Tiger fans playing flip cup with bourbon. Dude im in my young 20's and like to drink but i like to at least be conscious during the game then blackout afterwards. Then we had one fall in the middle of the road and couldnt get up. An officer had to pick her up and take her away. Moral of the story. Those people can drink.

sounds more like they can't drink

thebignasty

• I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #18408 on: September 06, 2017, 09:31:30 am »

Ok. Now my advice is don't go. Stay safe out there.
  If you feel you can't protect your son from drunk football fans, stay home.

Total crap.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #18410 on: September 06, 2017, 10:41:41 am »

I wouldn't take my kids to a game at LSU unless they knew krav magra.

I've only been once, 2007, and didn't have any problems though.  It was a great game but the experience overall was nothing special IMO.  It is a giant toilet of a stadium.  My advice go to the LSU game without the little guy but with other Hog fans.  If you don't get club tickets get tickets in the Razorback visitors section.  Always safety in numbers.

If you are looking for a good game to take your son to, wait, and go to the MSU game in Starkville next year.    Family friendly city.  You can walk around downtown, and in the Cotton District.  While they have loyal fans and the games are well attended, it's not a freaking madhouse.  Stadium is nice without being overwhelming.  Good tailgating there and not the pretentiousness of the grove.  The people themselves are probably the nicest in the SEC.  Very fun and safe environment for kids. (this post has been paid for by the Starkville Oktibbeha County Visitors Bureau)

spe450

« Reply #18411 on: September 06, 2017, 11:05:06 am »

I've never had trouble in Baton Rouge and always have a great time.  I'd be even less worried with a 4 year old.  In my experience, the fewer people you have with you the better and if you can have a local Tiger fan or two with you, even better.  Just be nice and know to let things go.  If someone is harassing you, just move on.  Most of the problems I've seen come from people that refuse to do just that.  It's not the place to puff out your chest and bow up, just like any other SEC stadium. 

Just go, enjoy yourself and expect to smile and laugh.  For every jerk of a human, there are 2 or 3 that will welcome you in with some delicious food and drinks (after a short razzing of course).

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #18412 on: September 06, 2017, 11:07:40 am »

I wouldn't take my kids to a game at LSU unless they knew krav magra.

I've only been once, 2007, and didn't have any problems though.  It was a great game but the experience overall was nothing special IMO.  It is a giant toilet of a stadium.  My advice go to the LSU game without the little guy but with other Hog fans.  If you don't get club tickets get tickets in the Razorback visitors section.  Always safety in numbers.

If you are looking for a good game to take your son to, wait, and go to the MSU game in Starkville next year.    Family friendly city.  You can walk around downtown, and in the Cotton District.  While they have loyal fans and the games are well attended, it's not a freaking madhouse.  Stadium is nice without being overwhelming.  Good tailgating there and not the pretentiousness of the grove.  The people themselves are probably the nicest in the SEC.  Very fun and safe environment for kids. (this post has been paid for by the Starkville Oktibbeha County Visitors Bureau)

Thanks for reminding me, I have to go check out a couple karate places this week.

Memory isn't so good anymore, been blown up a couple of thirty times.

Good lookin out.

cram224

« Reply #18413 on: September 06, 2017, 11:46:03 am »

I love going to BR for game. As said above food is great, will hear "Tiger Bait" several times. Grownups will send small kids to say Tiger Bait to you. There are A-holes at all schools. I think it's the best tailgating in the conference because the stadium was built in a field so parking is close by. My 2 cents.

spe450

« Reply #18414 on: September 06, 2017, 11:54:30 am »

I love going to BR for game. As said above food is great, will hear "Tiger Bait" several times. Grownups will send small kids to say Tiger Bait to you. There are A-holes at all schools. I think it's the best tailgating in the conference because the stadium was built in a field so parking is close by. My 2 cents.

An in the face Tiger bait from a 10 year old girl is about the worst thing I have experienced there.  A buddy and I have even gotten to go to student tailgates because we stayed out drinking in a small bar with them the night before, completely decked out in Hog gear the whole time.

HogHomer

« Reply #18415 on: September 06, 2017, 11:55:43 am »

I went one time in my teens with my mom. Never again will I go to another LSU game with my family. I was amazed at what people would say to a mother and child just because we were wearing hog gear. To top it off most of what was being said was from a father of 3 behind us who also had his kids at the game.

HogShat

• Senior
  • Come on in boys! The water is fine!!
« Reply #18416 on: September 06, 2017, 01:12:56 pm »

I haven't been to BR but I can't imagine it being any worse than being a Redskins fan in TX Stadium. My dad and I together, he in Cowboys gear, myself in Redskins. Don't ask how that happened, he still loves me. After we finally made it inside the stadium, him having see me endure endless vulgar and lewd comments, and death threats, he told me that if Washington wins I had better take off that jersey and throw it in the nearest trash can or I'd be dead. As it turns out, the four seats either side of us on the row below us were 7 Redskins fans that were members of the US Dept of Diplomatic Security, and what I am pretty sure was a prisoner of some kind because he didn't look anything like them and did not appear to be having a good time. All of them looked like they could have walked onto the field and lined up between DE and LB. One of them commented that he had seen me in the parking lot and how weird it was that we parked next to each other and our seats were too. Told my dad not to worry, we'd be fine on the way out.... 8)

Hog Fan...DOH!

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #18417 on: September 06, 2017, 03:48:12 pm »

Some of you guys act like you're walking into Mogadishu. You won't get any argument from me that LSU has the worst, drunkest fans.  They covet intoxication.  But it's fine- and you'll have a blast.

Tejano Jawg

• GO HOGS! BEAT RED RAIDERS!
Tips on leaving Razorback Stadium
« Reply #18418 on: September 07, 2017, 12:13:24 pm »

After the game.

I normally drive north, long after the game ends, to my Hog weekend headquarters in Bentonville. But this time I have to head south in my homeward direction.

Our tailgate spot is straight west of the stadium, up in those neighborhoods. It seems like I need to find my way to Razorback Road (next to the stadium) and go south. Imagine there will be a lot of traffic…so just fight through it? Or is there some other secret path to getting on I-49 South?

OnTheHillHogFan

Re: Tips on leaving Razorback Stadium
« Reply #18419 on: September 07, 2017, 12:18:18 pm »

You can take back roads to N Sang ave and then get on Wedington. Or you can take back roads to S Sang Ave and get on MLK. Both routes will take about the same amount of time

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #18420 on: September 07, 2017, 12:18:39 pm »

After the game.

I normally drive north, long after the game ends, to my Hog weekend headquarters in Bentonville. But this time I have to head south in my homeward direction.

Our tailgate spot is straight west of the stadium, up in those neighborhoods. It seems like I need to find my way to Razorback Road (next to the stadium) and go south. Imagine there will be a lot of traffic…so just fight through it? Or is there some other secret path to getting on I-49 South?

there are some back ways you can take if you get to about the middle part of Razorback road, if you're going South on Razorback you can turn right and take those roads (either Markham/Hotz/Center St) to get out to MLK and get on from there. I have always taken it when the cars in front of me took it and followed them out. It definitely beats taking Razorback all the way down and can save you 20-30 minutes if it's really bad.

cosmodrum

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Today, we are teaching poodles how to fly...
« Reply #18421 on: September 07, 2017, 12:20:34 pm »

You can take back roads to N Sang ave and then get on Wedington. Or you can take back roads to S Sang Ave and get on MLK. Both routes will take about the same amount of time

Agree with this. Since his tailgate area is in the neighborhoods, he doesn't have to mess with Razorback Road.

Tejano Jawg

• GO HOGS! BEAT RED RAIDERS!
« Reply #18422 on: September 07, 2017, 12:28:47 pm »

Great. Thanks. Sounds good. And FYI OnTheHillHogFan, Wedington/Sang is my way IN. I see on google maps that Sang goes south.

Or, maybe I should try and park on Markham, just to get a little closer (farther south).

ricepig

« Reply #18423 on: September 07, 2017, 01:12:52 pm »

Great. Thanks. Sounds good. And FYI OnTheHillHogFan, Wedington/Sang is my way IN. I see on google maps that Sang goes south.

Or, maybe I should try and park on Markham, just to get a little closer (farther south).

If you can get to Nettleship, go west on it and meander until you get to Sang and then to MLK. I use this going north, you can keep going west and take Old Farmington Rd to get on the access road before the on ramp on 49.

BassinHawg

« Reply #18424 on: September 07, 2017, 04:06:23 pm »

Here is a link to the Pregame and Postgame traffic flow maps:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/game-day-traffic-flow/

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #18425 on: September 07, 2017, 04:13:05 pm »

After the game.

You could always take back roads over to College Ave., and then go south on College Ave. and get on the old bypass (turn right onto the bypass diagonally across from the blue colored building store where Eddie Sutton supposedly frequented) and take the old bypass out and get on I-49.  Or, you could not get on the old bypass and continue to Greenland and get on I-49 at Greenland.

The problem with getting on I-49 in Fayetteville at Wedington is that any little aspect on I-49 can cause I-49 to slow down and back-up.  Also, just getting to and on I-49 there at Wedington can be a turn hair gray/lose hair experience.

FANONTHEHILL

• Go Hogs!
« Reply #18426 on: September 07, 2017, 05:43:41 pm »

Unfortunately since you're starting on the west side of the stadium, getting to College Ave. is next to impossible.  I recommend going north to get south.  Find a way to get on Palmer or Hartman going south.  Get to Nettleship, then take Lewis or West to W. Stone St. heading west. It will take you to the access road going north.  You can decide if the turn onto Wedington will be possible.  If it's not, turn right and the left on Porter. That takes you to the Porter/Mt. Comfort road exit where you can turn back south.  We live between Wedington and Mt. Comfort and use this to get home.

• Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #18427 on: September 07, 2017, 05:47:39 pm »

You could always take back roads over to College Ave., and then go south on College Ave. and get on the old bypass (turn right onto the bypass diagonally across from the blue colored building store where Eddie Sutton supposedly frequented) and take the old bypass out and get on I-49.  Or, you could not get on the old bypass and continue to Greenland and get on I-49 at Greenland.

The problem with getting on I-49 in Fayetteville at Wedington is that any little aspect on I-49 can cause I-49 to slow down and back-up.  Also, just getting to and on I-49 there at Wedington can be a turn hair gray/lose hair experience.
This is what I do. Saved me at least an hour after the Bama game 5 years ago.

Oklahawg

• Resident Optimistic Pragmatist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Pop Music at It's Finest
« Reply #18428 on: September 07, 2017, 05:48:37 pm »

Stick around until the team sings to the student section. By that time most have already gotten a headstart :)

31to6

« Reply #18429 on: September 07, 2017, 05:57:59 pm »

Stick around until the team sings to the student section. By that time most have already gotten a headstart :)
Totally. Unless you are the "bail on the team at the end of the 3rd quarter" fan, just take it easy. The traffic clears pretty quickly if you don't try to rush out.

Mr. Porkleone

• Founder, “Salt Bowl” High Schools biggest game.
Any help for parking with dad who's a tad old and knees worn out
« Reply #18430 on: September 08, 2017, 03:26:55 pm »

Any tips or advice for close parking or review from Baum stadium

majestic

Re: Any help for parking with dad who's a tad old and knees worn out
« Reply #18431 on: September 08, 2017, 03:30:04 pm »

Take the bus.

DoctorSusscrofa

« Reply #18432 on: September 08, 2017, 03:38:36 pm »

I'm handicap (wheelchair) and parking at Baum and riding the shuttle worked really well. The shuttles can accommodate a wheelchair and the staff was great.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
« Reply #18433 on: September 08, 2017, 04:00:51 pm »

get up there early, park at baum, watch the 10am scrimmage, tailgate, then football time

longpig

• contrarian extraordinaire
« Reply #18434 on: September 08, 2017, 04:04:15 pm »

^^^What they said, which bus may matter depending on what side of the stadium your seat is on. East or West.

Mike_e

• May the woo be with you
« Reply #18435 on: September 08, 2017, 04:10:35 pm »

Probably a good idea to sober up before you drive.  Just sayin.  ;)

rzrbkman

• Senior
« Reply #18436 on: September 08, 2017, 05:46:54 pm »

^^^What they said, which bus may matter depending on what side of the stadium your seat is on. East or West.

The buses only unload and load back up on the west side of the stadium.

majestic

« Reply #18437 on: September 08, 2017, 06:01:52 pm »

The buses only unload and load back up on the west side of the stadium.
Wrong:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/shuttle-service/

rzrbkman

• Senior
« Reply #18438 on: September 08, 2017, 06:06:08 pm »

Wrong:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/shuttle-service/

From Baum stadium, they only unload/load back up on the west side. Baum Stadium and Lot 56 are 2 different parking areas.

majestic

« Reply #18439 on: September 08, 2017, 06:16:30 pm »

From Baum stadium, they only unload/load back up on the west side. Baum Stadium and Lot 56 are 2 different parking areas.
Consider me wrong. I thought they had a route for the east side, too.

hog of steele

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18440 on: September 08, 2017, 06:18:35 pm »

Drop off dad in front. Park car like normal.

ricepig

« Reply #18441 on: September 08, 2017, 06:36:35 pm »

Drop off dad in front. Park car like normal.

And roll him back to the car?

majestic

« Reply #18442 on: September 08, 2017, 06:48:06 pm »

And roll him back to the car?
Well, it's down hill.

ricepig

« Reply #18443 on: September 08, 2017, 06:48:33 pm »

Well, it's down hill.

Unless he parks on Cleveland......

majestic

« Reply #18444 on: September 08, 2017, 06:59:15 pm »

Unless he parks on Cleveland......
Baum Stadium, Goose.

hog of steele

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18445 on: September 08, 2017, 07:05:05 pm »

Go get car. Pick up dad.

AlmaHog2011

• Hogvillian
Parking question for the game?
« Reply #18446 on: September 08, 2017, 07:45:20 pm »

I have always parked at the houses south of the stadium paid $20 but it's a long walk.
Anyone park and use the shuttle how does that work for getting out of Fayettville?

ricepig

Re: Parking question for the game?
« Reply #18447 on: September 08, 2017, 08:02:17 pm »

I have always parked at the houses south of the stadium paid $20 but it's a long walk.
Anyone park and use the shuttle how does that work for getting out of Fayettville?

You talking about the shuttle from Dickson?

YtownHog

• Senior
« Reply #18448 on: September 08, 2017, 08:04:58 pm »

Is Baum still free to park?

ricepig

« Reply #18449 on: September 08, 2017, 08:12:59 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 ... 382   Go Up

KARK
KWNA