• 395,569 Topics
• 22,318 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 ... 383   Go Down

Author Topic: Road Trips: 3 Hots and a Cot  (Read 838922 times)

ricepig

Re: Where NOT to stay in Fayetteville
« Reply #18400 on: July 29, 2017, 06:42:27 am »

She could probably tell you about the best place to get a glazed donut....Pole?

All HV polls are poles, you a rookie of something? And yes, fat women and cops, the two best sources of info on glazed donuts.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
Re: Where NOT to stay in Fayetteville
« Reply #18401 on: July 29, 2017, 08:21:38 am »

hope you went to your dr. for tests afterward.........

Nope, it was clean and the people were nice but it has been a while ago though.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jbcarol

jbcarol

Tuscaloosa: AJ McCarron’s new sushi restaurant ‘Ajian’
« Reply #18403 on: August 09, 2017, 05:43:49 pm »

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Entering Ajian – AJ McCarron’s new fast-casual sushi restaurant – you’re not overwhelmed by memorabilia.

Marq Burnett: Décor is modern featuring a framed McCarron No. 10 Alabama jersey – which he wore while leading the Crimson Tide to back-to-back national championships in 2011 and 2012 – and a framed McCarron No. 5 Cincinnati Bengals jersey, which is where he’s spent the past three seasons backing up Andy.

There are no references to “Roll Tide.” Only “Maki Tide,” with maki being the Japanese word for sushi.

That’s by design.

“Our goal is to open multiple stores,” co-owner and general manager Pete Zimmer told SEC Country. “We certainly want to pay homage to McCarron, but at the same time, if I were to open one of these in Auburn, it couldn’t be Alabama-centric.”

wpswillriseagain

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Parking at Jerryworld
« Reply #18404 on: August 19, 2017, 03:32:51 pm »

What section is best? They are all 50$ so trying to get the best for that price. Thank you.

hawgabaugh

Re: Parking at Jerryworld
« Reply #18405 on: August 19, 2017, 03:49:46 pm »

Depends on what you are doing. If you are setting up for tailgating, there are select lots. We will be settling up in lot 12. If you look up at&t stadium parking, it will show you the lotd

ImHogginIt

« Reply #18406 on: August 19, 2017, 05:21:24 pm »

What section is best? They are all 50$ so trying to get the best for that price. Thank you.

Depends on where you are going afterward. I prefer Lot 4. There is good tailgating and then after the game I take Randol Mill road all the way to George Bush Tollway and then to Plano/Allen. It is really easy to get out traffic wise that way. I'm in 4 for the 4th year in a row

wpswillriseagain

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #18407 on: August 19, 2017, 05:43:40 pm »

Thank you!

Sed76

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18408 on: August 19, 2017, 05:48:24 pm »

Have parked in Lot 10 past 3 years and had no problems at all getting in or out of the stadium.

southeasthog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Resident Inspector
« Reply #18409 on: August 20, 2017, 07:06:19 am »

Have parked in Lot 10 past 3 years and had no problems at all getting in or out of the stadium.
I parked in 10 in 2014 and 2015. we didn't have any trouble getting out. Funny thing, we were set up near the corner of lot 10 in 2015. I got there at daylight to get 3 flat pieces of ground. They won't let you in to park but you can go ahead and set up. The place finally got full and a woman with a man in tow was walking around with a p*ssed off look on her face. She went and got a parking attendant and brought him over to complain that they didn't have enough room to set up. there was a small area no one using and he told her they could set up there. They did but she was not happy about it.  What part about "first come first serve" do people not understand?

McKdaddy

« Reply #18410 on: August 20, 2017, 08:59:32 am »

The Ag in-laws buy 3 passes and I buy 1 for #4 for tailgating together. Not sure why they like #4 but that's what we've done since the first Battle for Texarkana.

Gonzo

« Reply #18411 on: August 20, 2017, 10:01:07 am »

I park in my garage and either walk or Uber...........ok, I know, no help, hah

If you're a tailgater, sounds like you have some good info from others already in here, but if you're just wanting to park, there are some restaurants in the area that provide parking and shuttles to and from the JerryWorld events that might be worth checking out. And plenty of the non-JerryWorld businesses along Collins offer parking too, some much closer than some of the JerryWorld lots, don't know how they compare pricewise offhand though.

Go Hogs!

Hogs-n-Roses

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #18412 on: August 20, 2017, 01:03:12 pm »

Across the street from the stadium facility is the ticket selling outlet. Sown one of those side streets is where we always park. Round 20-25 bucks.

jbcarol

SEC Food: Nashville’s Acme Feed & Seed
« Reply #18413 on: August 23, 2017, 08:22:44 pm »

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

SEC Food: Nashville’s Acme Feed & Seed

In the past few years, Nashville’s legendary downtown Broadway strip has become more of a tourist trap than ever. Most locals shy away.

There’s one place in particular that has not turned them off, though: Acme Feed & Seed.

The four-floor venue features a killer trio: arguably the best food, the best live music and the best rooftop view on Broadway. Longtime Hollywood chef Tom Morales, a Nashville native, restored the centuries-old building less than a decade ago. There are bits and pieces from the 1800s all over the place, and landing spots for everyone: honky-tonk enthusiasts, the sports-bar crowd, concertgoers and rooftop relaxers, among others.

jbcarol

20 writers on best SEC stadium, game atmosphere and press box food, etc.
« Reply #18414 on: August 29, 2017, 04:36:47 am »

Which SEC school has the best football stadium? The most passionate fanbase? What about the best atmosphere for a game? AL.com surveyed 20 sportswriters to answer those questions among others. Those surveyed were a mix of team beat writers, columnists and national writers.

Worst pressbox food? Sorry, Jordan-Hare ☹️

LSU was the clear pick as the SEC's best game atmosphere. "Cajuns + night game + whiskey = electricity," is how one media member put it. Another said, "You can feel the crowd as much as you can hear it. Just another level of wild."

The most succinct reason for why LSU? "Everyone is drunk."

Of 2nd place finisher Alabama, one writer said "The students do a lot of singing."

Which school has worst game atmosphere?

1) Vanderbilt -- 11 votes

T2) Kentucky, Missouri -- 3 votes each

Poor Vanderbilt was the overwhelming winner for worst game atmosphere. "It's non-existent," said one writer. "You'd find more students in the library. Downtown Nashville, on the other hand, is wonderful."

Another said: "It's basically a big high school stadium and the attendance just isn't what it is at SEC schools.'

On Mississippi State: "The cowbells are annoying and 'Don't Stop Believin' is lame."

On Kentucky: "A nice stadium and a nice campus, but lacks enthusiasm."

Best SEC stadium

1) Tiger Stadium (LSU) -- 8 votes

2) Sanford Stadium (Georgia) -- 4 votes

3) Neyland Stadium (Tennessee) -- 3 votes

4) Bryant-Denny Stadium (Alabama) -- 2 votes

T5) Arkansas, Florida and Texas A&M -- 1 vote

On Georgia's stadium: "Maybe it's because the press box is in a good spot. But also a nice stadium."

On Florida's stadium: "It's big but feels small. Fans right on top of the action."

On Tennessee's stadium: "I'm a sucker for the coliseum effect"

greenEGnHAWGS

• Hogvillian
  • Another day in HV Paradise...
Williams-Brice Stadium Question
« Reply #18415 on: August 30, 2017, 09:30:20 pm »

Hey all, my wonderful wife just informed me that she is buying me tickets to the Arkansas vs South Carolina game on Oct. 7th for my birthday (thats Sept 5th). We'd really prefer to not spend over $100 on each ticket, but I was wondering if anyone had ever been there and/or had any advice on where good seating would be? I don't know what the stadium is like, so I don't know if nose-bleeds at the 50 yard line would be worth it - or if lower deck off to the sides would be better.

Any thoughts would be appreciative.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
Re: Williams-Brice Stadium Question
« Reply #18416 on: August 30, 2017, 09:44:52 pm »

Last time the hogs played in Columbia I went.  We set lower level about 20'rows up at the 10 yard line. We could see everything. 

It is an older stadium upper level probably would not be to bad.

fieldturf

« Reply #18417 on: August 30, 2017, 09:45:55 pm »

Went there back when Danny Ford was our coach in 95.  It was a night game and the atmosphere was awesome, beautiful stadium and great pregame activities.  Really not a bad seat in the house, but upper section you need the binoculars.  The place holds over 100,000 and Carolina fans can get rowdy, so your in for a good time.  They had Brad Scott as there coach and a better offense, but both teams had good defense, and Carolina won 14-3 I believe was the final score.       

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #18418 on: August 30, 2017, 10:26:45 pm »

Went there back when Danny Ford was our coach in 95.  It was a night game and the atmosphere was awesome, beautiful stadium and great pregame activities.  Really not a bad seat in the house, but upper section you need the binoculars. The place holds over 100,000 and Carolina fans can get rowdy, so your in for a good time.  They had Brad Scott as there coach and a better offense, but both teams had good defense, and Carolina won 14-3 I believe was the final score.       

There are only a few stadiums in college football that hold over 100,000. Williams Brice holds a little over 80,000.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18419 on: August 30, 2017, 11:29:50 pm »

Thx for the responses guys. That helps out a lot!

popcornhog

« Reply #18420 on: August 31, 2017, 03:54:26 am »

Went there back when Danny Ford was our coach in 95.  It was a night game and the atmosphere was awesome, beautiful stadium and great pregame activities.  Really not a bad seat in the house, but upper section you need the binoculars.  The place holds over 100,000 and Carolina fans can get rowdy, so your in for a good time.  They had Brad Scott as there coach and a better offense, but both teams had good defense, and Carolina won 14-3 I believe was the final score.     

It is a big stadium, but capacity is closer to 82,000.

I went a few years ago, maybe 2012 or 13, I bought our away tickets through the RF and I think we were high up in the lower level in the corner if I remember right and paid around $80 for tickets.

If you're a RF member, I'd suggest going that route -- we won't sell out our allotment for a game that far away. The secondary market is probably more expensive.

rljjr

« Reply #18421 on: August 31, 2017, 05:37:16 am »

Not a bad seat there. I've sat both sides, Lower and upper as well. Good time, friendly people. Make sure to stop by the Cockaboose (did I spell that right?).  We were invited to several tailgates to have a brew and chat football. It's my favorite "away" place to visit.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18422 on: August 31, 2017, 07:40:20 am »

Not a bad seat there. I've sat both sides, Lower and upper as well. Good time, friendly people. Make sure to stop by the Cockaboose (did I spell that right?).  We were invited to several tailgates to have a brew and chat football. It's my favorite "away" place to visit.

Sounds like it'll be a good one to go to then! In your opinion, would it be better to sit in section 505 or spend extra for section 18?

greenEGnHAWGS

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18423 on: August 31, 2017, 08:00:18 am »

Forgive all the questions, I'm just excited as this will be my first away game to attend...well...besides War Memorial...

jkstock04

« Reply #18424 on: August 31, 2017, 08:35:18 am »

I'm going to be attending this one this year as well. Got the tickets ordered the other day. I've never been in the stadium but I was through there a few years back and joined in on a tailgate during the Clemson/South Carolina game. The parking was a hair sketchy sort of like in Fayetteville if you don't know the area...had to park a mile off.

I still haven't booked a hotel yet...im not sure where to stay. Would be nice to stay somewhere within walking distance of stadium but from memory didn't look like a set up where you could really do that.

rljjr

« Reply #18425 on: August 31, 2017, 09:15:16 am »

I've been in 18 and it's a good vantage point to see the action, but if I had my preference I'd take that upper 50 every time, but that's just me. I like seeing the plays develop and to my eye it's more like having the TV angle. But you won't be disappointed either way.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18426 on: August 31, 2017, 09:49:18 am »

I'm going to be attending this one this year as well. Got the tickets ordered the other day. I've never been in the stadium but I was through there a few years back and joined in on a tailgate during the Clemson/South Carolina game. The parking was a hair sketchy sort of like in Fayetteville if you don't know the area...had to park a mile off.

I still haven't booked a hotel yet...im not sure where to stay. Would be nice to stay somewhere within walking distance of stadium but from memory didn't look like a set up where you could really do that.

Which section are you sitting in?

greenEGnHAWGS

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18427 on: August 31, 2017, 09:50:40 am »

I've been in 18 and it's a good vantage point to see the action, but if I had my preference I'd take that upper 50 every time, but that's just me. I like seeing the plays develop and to my eye it's more like having the TV angle. But you won't be disappointed either way.

Ok, thanks! I think I'm leaning to closer to the field.

Bob Slydell

• Senior
  • Well, just a second there professor...
« Reply #18428 on: August 31, 2017, 10:59:59 am »

I've been there a couple of times.  Once we sat about 4 rows up from the field right next to the visitor's locker room.  The other time I sat in the north end zone under the big screen.  I actually preferred the end zone seats.

I'll be there this year but my oldest son is a sophomore at USC so we will be rooting against each other.

HotlantaHog

« Reply #18429 on: August 31, 2017, 01:54:02 pm »

The Razorback section tends to be in Section 1 and 2 if my memory serves correctly .. it is always fun to be around other Arkansas fans.

SC Hogman

« Reply #18430 on: August 31, 2017, 02:10:30 pm »

Have been there several times over the years when it was our crossover game.  C Dick was quarterback one year.  Visitors are put in Section 15 through 18 and 501 & 502.  I have been in all of the lower sections and 501.  Best fight that I saw was two Gamecock fans.  There was alcohol involved. 

PossumFan

• Senior
« Reply #18431 on: August 31, 2017, 05:42:17 pm »

We've been a couple of times ... lower level near the goal line. No complaints at all about the view. But you can tell the fans really think there's some double-entendre cleverness in their incessant "Go Cocks" shouts. It's kind of annoying.

staffhog

« Reply #18432 on: August 31, 2017, 05:56:46 pm »

A great place to tailgate.  Their fans are very accommodating and have a prrty atmosphere on game day.  Go and have a good time and enjoy our Hogs eating chicken.

The last time I was there we sat in section 115 and you can see it all.

jkstock04

« Reply #18433 on: August 31, 2017, 10:48:50 pm »

Which section are you sitting in?
I'm not sure yet. The university still hasn't gotten the ticket allotment from South Carolina...but I'm assuming it's gonna be in the lower level.

Where are you staying at? I've still got to get that figured out. Would be real nice if didn't have to drive.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18434 on: August 31, 2017, 11:10:12 pm »

I'm not sure yet. The university still hasn't gotten the ticket allotment from South Carolina...but I'm assuming it's gonna be in the lower level.

Where are you staying at? I've still got to get that figured out. Would be real nice if didn't have to drive.

I live 3 hours away, so as much as I hate to do it, I'll probably be driving back after the game.

HotlantaHog

« Reply #18435 on: September 01, 2017, 01:27:04 pm »

Have been there several times over the years when it was our crossover game.  C Dick was quarterback one year.  Visitors are put in Section 15 through 18 and 501 & 502.  I have been in all of the lower sections and 501.  Best fight that I saw was two Gamecock fans.  There was alcohol involved. 
I probably mixed up end of the field, but yeah every year it's been in Columbia the tickets have been at the corner of the end zone/goal line area.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Superdome hosts LSU and BYU: What to Know
« Reply #18437 on: September 02, 2017, 08:24:17 am »

Scott Rabalais‏Verified account @RabalaisAdv 16h16 hours ago

Going to #LSU vs. BYU? Here's when Superdome parking opens, more times of interest
 http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_29b4699c-8f58-11e7-997a-a7d26ba62720.html

LSU has released times of interest Saturday for its season opener vs. BYU as the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

Noon – 4 p.m. Superdome Box Office (Gate A Ground Level) will be open for ticket sales. Gates B & H Ticket Booths will be open from 4 p.m. until halftime.

2:30 p.m. Superdome parking lots open ($40, cash only)

6:15 p.m. LSU departs hotel for Superdome

6:30 p.m. Gates to the Superdome open

6:30 p.m. LSU arrives at Superdome

8 p.m. LSU Sports Radio Network live from Superdome | Chris Blair, Doug Moreau, Gordy Rush

8:11 p.m. Golden Band from Tigerland takes the field for pregame performance

8:25:30 p.m. National Anthem

8:29 p.m. LSU Highlight Video on Videoboards in Superdome

8:30 p.m. LSU takes the field

8:33 p.m. Coin toss at midfield

8:35 p.m. Kickoff: LSU vs. BYU on ESPN

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Married way....way...way....up.
Pretty much decided to go to Arkansas-LSU on 11 November.....Question?
« Reply #18438 on: September 05, 2017, 07:22:40 pm »

may be me and my boy. But also may be me alone.

Best sections for my boy (4) and I.

Best section for me alone.

Thanks in advance.

PorkRinds

Re: Pretty much decided to go to Arkansas-LSU on 11 November.....Question?
« Reply #18439 on: September 05, 2017, 07:28:56 pm »

I'll never go back to that stadium. LSU fans are garbage. Honestly I wouldn't take your kid. Go alone before you subject him to that. If we win it'll be a war zone on the way out.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Married way....way...way....up.
« Reply #18440 on: September 05, 2017, 07:35:47 pm »

I'll never go back to that stadium. LSU fans are garbage. Honestly I wouldn't take your kid. Go alone before you subject him to that. If we win it'll be a war zone on the way out.

That's pretty much what I hear. I've about decided to drop some bills on the indoor club if I take him.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18441 on: September 05, 2017, 08:54:21 pm »

I'll be taking my boy to his first game in South Carolina. He's excited but not nearly as much as I am taking him. He's been practicing calling the Hogs (the Hog fans do that at away games right?)

swineology

« Reply #18442 on: September 05, 2017, 09:02:07 pm »

That's pretty much what I hear. I've about decided to drop some bills on the indoor club if I take him.

That would be a better idea. It's a Crap fest there.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #18443 on: September 05, 2017, 09:17:35 pm »

I've never have been, but from what I have read their fans like to come up to opposing fans and say/yell "tiger bait."  People have posted that the best thing to do is to just take it in stride, and to make no big deal out of it.

Others have posted that some of their fans will invite you into their tent/tailgate and offer you some of their cajun or creole food.  According to some the food their fans cook is the best compared to any other SEC venues.

If you stay in Baton Rouge overnight after the game, and if you are looking to attend a church service in the area Sunday morning before leaving town, Jimmy Swaggart has a worship center there with a 7,000 seat auditorium.  Swaggart has been preaching for 60 years, and the music during his church services is probably some of the best music that can be found at a church.

panhandlepig

• don't worry about a thing
« Reply #18444 on: September 05, 2017, 09:19:28 pm »

may be me and my boy. But also may be me alone.

Best sections for my boy (4) and I.

Best section for me alone.

Thanks in advance.

First of all GO. If it we're me I'd take my boy.  There is no way to predict the best sections. Just buy the tickets you can afford and GO.

PorkRinds

« Reply #18445 on: September 05, 2017, 09:42:47 pm »

I've never have been, but from what I have read their fans like to come up to opposing fans and say/yell "tiger bait."  People have posted that the best thing to do is to just take it in stride, and to make no big deal out of it.

Others have posted that some of their fans will invite you into their tent/tailgate and offer you some of their cajun or creole food.  According to some the food their fans cook is the best compared to any other SEC venues.

If you stay in Baton Rouge overnight after the game, and if you are looking to attend a church service in the area Sunday morning before leaving town, Jimmy Swaggart has a worship center there with a 7,000 seat auditorium.  Swaggart has been preaching for 60 years, and the music during his church services is probably some of the best music that can be found at a church.

He's also a huge phony.

PorkRinds

« Reply #18446 on: September 05, 2017, 09:46:14 pm »

That'd be ok. I had some LSU fan friends so I was able to get some good grub and was treated well by most....until I got inside the stadium.  It's just the worst. They're rude, obnoxious, and downright hostile when they lose. I was at the game in 07 and it was insane afterward. Had bottles thrown at us, multiple drunk a-holes screaming at us, people throwing beers, the whole nine. And no, I wasn't talking about darn to them. If you go and we lose it'll be just fine. If we win duck and cover.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #18447 on: September 05, 2017, 10:04:23 pm »

He's also a huge phony.

He has been preaching for 60 years.

He has made around 105 albums/cds.

He has written around 40 books.

He has written an extensive set of bible commentaries for every book of the bible.

He has sent around 1.5 million copies of his Expositor's Study Bible (which is a King James Version that he has made a detailed explanation note for practically every verse) to Pastors around the world (mainly to Pastors in 3rd world countries who can't afford a bible education and who can't afford a bible).

Yes, there was the aspect in the late 1980s, but the woman involved in that has taken and failed a polygraph test.

JIHawg

« Reply #18448 on: September 05, 2017, 10:13:22 pm »

He has been preaching for 60 years.

He has made around 105 albums/cds.

He has written around 40 books.

He has written an extensive set of bible commentaries for every book of the bible.

He has sent around 1.5 million copies of his Expositor's Study Bible (which is a King James Version that he has made a detailed explanation note for practically every verse) to Pastors around the world (mainly to Pastors in 3rd world countries who can't afford a bible education and who can't afford a bible).

Yes, there was the aspect in the late 1980s, but the woman involved in that has taken and failed a polygraph test.

Please don't steal a thread about a father taking his son to a ball game to tout a rich preacher.  That's like something the preacher would do.

panhandlepig

• don't worry about a thing
« Reply #18449 on: September 05, 2017, 10:23:24 pm »

Please don't steal a thread about a father taking his son to a ball game to tout a rich preacher.  That's like something the preacher would do.

Yep. The man wants to take his son to a hog game. I say do it.

I was in Baton Rouge when we won in 2015.  It was glorious.

If we had lost it wouldn't have been as fun but I doubt I would have feared for my safety. 
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 ... 383   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas