• 396,169 Topics
• 22,374 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 ... 388   Go Down

Author Topic: Road Trips: 3 Hots and a Cot  (Read 866026 times)

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
  • In Karma Nirvana for all time.
    • Bring Back Slobbering Hog
Re: First game in Fayetteville
« Reply #18150 on: October 03, 2016, 08:36:23 pm »

Don't let your wife catch you ogling at all of the beautiful....umm....scenery.

Johnny Razorback

Tailgating in Fayetteville
« Reply #18151 on: October 03, 2016, 10:30:57 pm »

Lifelong fan but not alumni here.  I typically go to every Little Rock game, but living in Memphis and working alot makes Fayetteville games a challenge (I'm actually of the move all games to Fayetteville not that it matters).  I'm taking my wife to the game this weekend.  Question - where is the best place for me to park and tailgate?  Every time I've been to Fayetteville, I've gone with a buddy of mine who has several connections and we've bounced from spot to spot.  We are driving to Conway Friday and driving the rest of the way on Saturday, so I should have plenty of time for pregame festivities.  Any help is much appreciated.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Rayzback

« Reply #18152 on: October 03, 2016, 10:41:36 pm »

Picked a good one for a first one..... the place is going to be crazy ;)

jkstock04

Re: Tailgating in Fayetteville
« Reply #18153 on: October 03, 2016, 10:44:44 pm »

What time are you getting here?

Best bet is probably gonna be somewhere down around Baum stadium if you don't have time to save a spot Friday afternoon.

mj4president

« Reply #18154 on: October 03, 2016, 10:49:40 pm »

Head up Friday night and get out of that horrible town of Jonesboro. That's a long drive to really enjoy a good day of tailgating. Nothing better than a long day of food, drinks, friends, and a Bama ass kicking.

Johnny Razorback

« Reply #18155 on: October 03, 2016, 10:54:09 pm »

Yeah - We'll be getting there fairly early on Saturday morning.  Probably 11-12 ish

YAZ

« Reply #18156 on: October 04, 2016, 08:35:26 am »

I'd love to do some tailgating but I don't know anybody there and I'm not going to be "that guy". I pay my way...I'll hit some local spots and enjoy the atomosphere. Thanks for all the info. Go Hogs!

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #18157 on: October 04, 2016, 10:13:59 am »

Have Fun!

DLUXHOG

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #18158 on: October 04, 2016, 10:16:28 am »

If you can get there early, there could be free parallel parking (south bound only) on Arkansas Avenue in front of Old Main.    You can then easily walk to Dickson Street and then stroll across campus and down to the stadium......   also, you picked a great game for your first one in Fayettenam........

George S. Pigton

• Senior
  • www.talkbusiness.net
    • Talk Business & Politics
« Reply #18159 on: October 04, 2016, 10:19:20 am »

I'll be three drinks in by 11  ;), there are some spots north of the stadium as well off of Cleveland and off of Maple, west of Razorback Road.
I think those are $20 per spot. 

hobhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #18160 on: October 04, 2016, 10:19:29 am »

I'd love to do some tailgating but I don't know anybody there and I'm not going to be "that guy". I pay my way...I'll hit some local spots and enjoy the atomosphere. Thanks for all the info. Go Hogs!

you need to be at the north end zone parking lot two hours before kickoff and welcome Hogs off the bus. Its a must for first timers, and you can then walk across the street to grassy area for public music and tailgating. You will have a blast.

HawgTrough

• Senior
  • You better help that damn bear
« Reply #18161 on: October 04, 2016, 10:23:36 am »

you need to be at the north end zone parking lot two hours before kickoff and welcome Hogs off the bus. Its a must for first timers, and you can then walk across the street to grassy area for public music and tailgating. You will have a blast.

good info. Are there any catering tents in this area where you can buy a pregame meal?

hogmolar

• Senior
« Reply #18162 on: October 04, 2016, 10:33:38 am »

Also the band does a mini pep rally in the gardens before the game which is pretty neat to go to if you are down around that area.  I agree that Fayetteville High is a great place to park, just know it cost $10 I believe.  Last game Zaxby's had a tent in front of Bud Walton with sandwhiches and the game before that it was Hellmans Mayo with burgers. 

YAZ

« Reply #18163 on: October 04, 2016, 10:44:40 am »

Definitely want to catch the Hog walk! My daughter is adamant about seeing Tusk. I don't have any clue where he'll but I'd assume close to the Pep Rally?

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • See if you can guess...what I am now
« Reply #18164 on: October 04, 2016, 11:15:14 am »

good info. Are there any catering tents in this area where you can buy a pregame meal?

Not sure about catering tents to be honest, but the Union (right across Stadium from The Pit) food court should be open. Not sure what they've changed in the year and a half since I graduated, but there should be several options open in there.

Takes you away from the tailgate atmosphere (just barely) but it's still right where the action is, meaning you're not going out of your way if you choose to eat there.

HighcountryHog

« Reply #18165 on: October 04, 2016, 11:18:08 am »

Park on Maple or over by Dickson somewhere near the churches, and walk through campus. 

SoCalHogFan

« Reply #18166 on: October 04, 2016, 11:29:22 am »

How does it work for getting a spot Friday afternoon? Where are those first come spots?

fishes2000

• Varsity
  • no other fruit sucks like the big orange of Texas
« Reply #18167 on: October 04, 2016, 11:33:09 am »

I went to the Union across from stadium at the LA Tech game and the food court was closed. Only thing open was the Hog Heaven store.

micali

« Reply #18168 on: October 04, 2016, 11:33:45 am »

It's quicker, or seems that way, if you park at Mr burger and walk.  There's a walk up hill but after that it's gravy.

CabotHog87

• Hear My Train A Comin'
« Reply #18169 on: October 04, 2016, 11:36:39 am »

At least one of the shuttles that runs from Baum to the stadium starts its route down Dickson St. I always eat and drink at Hammontrees before the game and get on the bus right on Dickson across the street from Brewski's etc. Same side as Walton Arts Center.

snoblind

« Reply #18170 on: October 04, 2016, 11:36:57 am »

Definitely want to catch the Hog walk! My daughter is adamant about seeing Tusk. I don't have any clue where he'll but I'd assume close to the Pep Rally?

They drove him by the North End Zone parking area (lot 44) down Stadium Drive before the players' walk at the Texas State game.  Not sure where or if they stop along Stadium for folks to see.  Cheerleaders and seems like a few band folks were on top of the trailer.

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #18171 on: October 04, 2016, 12:45:42 pm »

I went to the Union across from stadium at the LA Tech game and the food court was closed. Only thing open was the Hog Heaven store.

Wow, that's interesting. I know they used to keep it open, that surprises me they shut it down. It was always full on game days.

Never mind then!

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #18172 on: October 04, 2016, 12:50:35 pm »

Legend says that he likes grapes (frozen or regular) and those who feed him a few are his best friend.

You can contact his owners through facebook or twitter to see where he will be:
https://www.facebook.com/ArkansasTusk/?fref=ts
https://twitter.com/tusk_ua

Dwyane Wade

« Reply #18173 on: October 04, 2016, 01:01:59 pm »

As far as a quick place to eat near the stadium on game day goes, I usually go to Whataburger just southeast of the stadium a few hours before kickoff

lstewart

• Senior
« Reply #18174 on: October 04, 2016, 01:24:13 pm »

My wife and I both work on campus, so we know most of the small lots. We normally come to campus 4 hours or so before kickoff, and park on the far east edge of campus. My college son and his girlfriend usually join us. We walk over to Dickson and eat at one of the places that is not overflowing on game afternoons. There are a couple of places you can get in without waiting, and that will have the games on. Afterwards we walk through campus, sometimes stop by some friend's tale gate to say hello, or just hang out on campus.  Have fun!

hogmolar

• Senior
« Reply #18175 on: October 04, 2016, 01:26:51 pm »

They bring him up to the stadium and stop right by the entrance to the track and field stadium. The cheerleaders all get on there.  This happens right before pep rally in the garden. 

I should be more specific.  They bring him up Razorback Road, towards the north parking lot and stop at the entrance mentioned above.  I assume this is on the way to the Hog Walk which is 2 hours before kickoff so this happens about 30 minutes before that.  This is a great spot to see Tusk and get pics with cheerleaders if your daughter is into that as well.   

elksnort

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Lucy, 10-11-2004 - 10-30-2015
« Reply #18176 on: October 04, 2016, 01:33:08 pm »

Enjoy yourself.

You know how miserable we all are in Jonesboro. (smh)

YAZ

« Reply #18177 on: October 04, 2016, 02:41:04 pm »

No offence Elksnort...but I'm not miserable in Jonesboro...

HogimusMaximus

« Reply #18178 on: October 04, 2016, 06:23:12 pm »

Depends where you are going to be tailgating.

ricepig

« Reply #18179 on: October 04, 2016, 07:06:04 pm »

Nope, the mosquitoes are getting fewer and fewer!

George S. Pigton

• Senior
  • www.talkbusiness.net
    • Talk Business & Politics
« Reply #18180 on: October 05, 2016, 08:23:13 am »

most of the green space on campus can be used for tailgating, however, that doesn't mean you can park next to it.  You can drop
off your tent starting at 5pm on Friday.  Then drop off your gear the next morning or day about 4.5 hours before game time before
they start blocking traffic.  Then, after the game, you let traffic clear out and swing back by and pick up your gear.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #18181 on: October 05, 2016, 08:32:30 am »

There's some decent green space around BWA. Southside has decent tree coverage as well, but needs to be claimed on Friday.  Nice part is since Bball practice has started you may be able to pop in to BWA and catch a glimpse.

elksnort

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #18182 on: October 05, 2016, 09:39:00 am »

I was being sarcastic toward someone posting this.

I live in Jonesboro myself. Any misery I might have has nothing to do with this city.

YAZ

« Reply #18183 on: October 05, 2016, 10:07:37 am »

What time will 49 become a parking lot? Trying to persuade my family to leave early as possible. I'm meeting some resistance.

ricepig

« Reply #18184 on: October 05, 2016, 10:17:58 am »

What time will 49 become a parking lot? Trying to persuade my family to leave early as possible. I'm meeting some resistance.

Well, if there isn't an accident in the tunnel, it's generally Katie bar the door on I49. The left lane is for those running 85, and the right for those driving 84.

snoblind

« Reply #18185 on: October 05, 2016, 10:20:30 am »

It won't unless some idiot freaks when they hit the tunnel and slams on their brakes like the first game, causing a pile up.  I never understood why anyone would slow down when going through the tunnel. 

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #18186 on: October 05, 2016, 10:22:40 am »

It won't unless some idiot freaks when they hit the tunnel and slams on their brakes like the first game, causing a pile up.  I never understood why anyone would slow down when going through the tunnel. 

They must have got scared by that big bad tunnel.

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #18187 on: October 05, 2016, 10:25:34 am »

They probably try to hold their breath through the tunnel and pass out.

snoblind

« Reply #18188 on: October 05, 2016, 10:28:29 am »

They must have got scared by that big bad tunnel.

I guess.  The folks who have sat next to us for years got stuck in it.  Going from 70 to 40 MPH for no reason in a few seconds is not wise when there are multiple cars behind you.

HawgTrough

• Senior
  • You better help that damn bear
« Reply #18189 on: October 05, 2016, 10:28:56 am »

They probably try to hold their breath through the tunnel and pass out.

So you don't have to hold your breath through the tunnel? More good info

ricepig

« Reply #18190 on: October 05, 2016, 10:30:29 am »

So you don't have to hold your breath through the tunnel? More good info

No, but you do have to hold your feat in the air, or is that when a plane takes off?

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #18191 on: October 05, 2016, 10:34:36 am »

I guess.  The folks who have sat next to us for years got stuck in it.  Going from 70 to 40 MPH for no reason in a few seconds is not wise when there are multiple cars behind you.

True.

...and the cars in back probably got the ticket for "following too close" or whatever it is.  I know the cars in the back are usually the ones that get ticketed.

YAZ

« Reply #18192 on: October 05, 2016, 10:38:19 am »

Okay, sounds like I'm good leaving at 8 then. I want plenty of time to eat, park and take in a little of the atomosphere without being rushed. Thanks!

snoblind

« Reply #18193 on: October 05, 2016, 10:51:24 am »

No, but you do have to hold your feat in the air, or is that when a plane takes off?

That's planes

snoblind

« Reply #18194 on: October 05, 2016, 10:51:45 am »

True.

...and the cars in back probably got the ticket for "following too close" or whatever it is.  I know the cars in the back are usually the ones that get ticketed.

Yep.  Been there.

elksnort

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #18195 on: October 05, 2016, 11:28:54 am »

Okay, sounds like I'm good leaving at 8 then. I want plenty of time to eat, park and take in a little of the atomosphere without being rushed. Thanks!
Very few people from NEA take the northern route to Fayetteville anymore because it takes about 45 minutes longer in time even though it's about 60 miles shorter in distance. If you are worried about I-49, take 412 via Mt. Home, Harrison, Alpena pass, etc....

YAZ

« Reply #18196 on: October 05, 2016, 12:14:03 pm »

Isn't that a pretty rough drive Elksnort? I had though about it but with it being 2 lane and anybody from the Harrison or Mountain Home taking route I wondered if it wouldn't congested as well.

ricepig

« Reply #18197 on: October 05, 2016, 12:27:58 pm »

It's probably about equal in driving time, maybe less, assuming you don't get behind a load of cattle, someone pulling a boat, a school bus stopping every 3/4 mile or construction. I made the trip up to Mt Home for the state golf championship on Monday and Tuesday and it was 2 1/2 hours each trip. I had know unusual traffic and actually seldom went over 65 as I wasn't in any hurry. There's plenty of passing lanes and even 4 lanes to make it an easier trip. Now, I haven't tried it on a game day in years. The last time was in 2009 after staying in Mt Home after a Friday night football game.

elksnort

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #18198 on: October 05, 2016, 12:43:54 pm »

Yellville to Alpena can be slow.
Leave early enough, the traffic should be ok. The next time I go to the Hill, I might go this route, just as a change up.

YAZ

« Reply #18199 on: October 05, 2016, 01:04:24 pm »

I may consider taking that route. I plan on parking on Dickson so I could come in without hitting as much campus traffic....I think!
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 ... 388   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas