• 9,887,570 Posts
• 398,314 Topics
• 22,810 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 ... 401   Go Down

Author Topic: Road Trips: 3 Hots and a Cot  (Read 940121 times)

Steef

• Idylically living in the Valley of the Cats
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
Re: Oct. 3rd at Tn.
« Reply #15550 on: April 12, 2015, 09:50:50 am »

I may try that this year too. Has the university announced what day single game tickets go on sale through them?

Honestly dont know. You'll have to call.

Huds_HawgTide

« Reply #15551 on: April 12, 2015, 10:07:00 am »

Me and my group are going to the Tennessee game as well

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

gmarv

« Reply #15552 on: April 12, 2015, 11:13:10 am »

A'ish

good grief what a ugly sight.

Dahogs

« Reply #15553 on: April 12, 2015, 01:24:00 pm »

I went to the game in Tenn a few years ago and was the best away game experience I have had. The fans were very respectful and we sat in Tenn section with are Hog gear. I would just buy the best seats you can get on Stubhub and enjoy the game and the atmosphere.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Melyssa Forde. Simply One of the Greatest.
« Reply #15554 on: April 12, 2015, 01:37:34 pm »

I went to the game in Tenn a few years ago and was the best away game experience I have had. The fans were very respectful and we sat in Tenn section with are Hog gear. I would just buy the best seats you can get on Stubhub and enjoy the game and the atmosphere.

Was in Knoxville the week or so before the Stoernover.  Was sitting in the bar at a very nice motel watching them completely dismantle someone.   I was wearing my hog shirt.  Complete strangers came over to talk about how scary good we were.  How they were concerned about having to face us.  How they were glad that Nutt had straightened out our program to kick Bama in between the legs in the West, etc.   It was a great experience.  All kidding was done in good natured fun, and I had a much better time watching the game than otherwise.

Having been to Knoxville on a few occasions after that, I can't say I've dealt with any fan that was completely obnoxious accept maybe once.  Now LSU.....Don't get me started.

Bama experiences weren't nearly as good as what I got in Tenn, but they were pretty good.

Envy you and the good time you'll have.  Enjoy my friend.

TNhawgfan

• Jimmy G - A New Hope!
« Reply #15555 on: April 12, 2015, 02:06:36 pm »

Not all vol fans are nice, but you're right, it's not LSU

peckerwood#3

« Reply #15556 on: April 12, 2015, 03:14:03 pm »

I honestly wish I could say the same thing, however, my last experience wasn't so great as far as their fans go. I went with my brother the last time we played in Knoxville on November 10th 2007 and watched our guys get shut down 34-13 in one of the most frustrating offensive performances I've seen. As far as seats go, I'm pretty sure we sat somewhere around section KK or LL which was a visitor section that day. They were of course nosebleed seats, wasn't too cold, but pretty windy up there. I'll never buy tickets in that area again. Their fans weren't bad, until after the game was over and we were walking out. Lots of rude verbal hazing, but I'm sure that goes on just about everywhere. We will defiantly be there next year, but I'll be looking to get much better/closer seats.

BatesvilleHOG

• Hogvillian
  • Woo Pig Sooie and Go Southerners!!!
« Reply #15557 on: April 12, 2015, 06:18:35 pm »

One of my best friends is a sports journalism major at UT Knoxville. A few friends and I are going up to spend the weekend with him and watch the Hogs physically dominate the Vols. I've been to Knoxville a few times before to visit, but never to watch a football game. It's a great town and the campus is beautiful. Neyland is huge and you'll never see as much orange at one time as you will while in Knoxville. Hope to see and meet some of the Hogs faithful while I'm there.

BPsTheMan

« Reply #15558 on: April 12, 2015, 10:27:42 pm »

I lived in Knoxville almost two years - have some great friends there still, and from everything I remember, they're pretty much all very respectful of the Hogs

Great town and location. You can sail off into the Appalachian Mountains and see some beautiful stuff. Ashville, NC is close and a great place to visit, as is Virginia, some of the most beautiful landscape you'll ever see. The east coast and Washington DC is not that far away either. Cool to be so close to some nice weekend trips like that.

Fayetteville could learn a few things from the Knoxville music scene. It's not Athens, but it's still pretty good.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #15559 on: April 12, 2015, 10:30:10 pm »

I'm taking my boat this year up the Tennessee River from the Tenn Tom water-way... Taking the whole week off from 10/1 through 10/7... Gonna take me 3 days to lock all the way through, but a friend of mine here in Mississippi is a UTE fan and will ride with me so we can tie up with everyone else outside of the stadium...  WPS... Already saved the $1200 in gas for the trip...

BPsTheMan

« Reply #15560 on: April 12, 2015, 10:32:58 pm »

I'm taking my boat this year up the Tennessee River from the Tenn Tom water-way... Taking the whole week off from 10/1 through 10/7... Gonna take me 3 days to lock all the way through, but a friend of mine here in Mississippi is a UTE fan and will ride with me so we can tie up with everyone else outside of the stadium...  WPS... Already saved the $1200 in gas for the trip...

That's a hell of a plan buddy

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #15561 on: April 12, 2015, 10:47:13 pm »

:razorback:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 10:57:50 pm by OneTuskOverTheLine™ »

TN HOG

« Reply #15562 on: April 12, 2015, 11:11:56 pm »

I will be there. 

Go Hogs!

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Artist formerly known as Russ Swinegold
« Reply #15563 on: April 13, 2015, 01:09:53 am »

Went to a couple games there.  The 6OT loss and the 63-20 loss.  For the 63-20 game, we were in the very top row of GG.  Way up there.  Fortunately we could barely see the beating we were taking from that high up.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

• Come to the Dark Side
« Reply #15564 on: April 13, 2015, 04:25:46 am »

Been to many games in Neyland. I've always found the Vol Fans a great bunch to be around.  Actually lived there during the 82 worlds fair.

The Vol Navy is a pretty cool
Thing to see.

dffhogs

« Reply #15565 on: April 13, 2015, 01:26:47 pm »

Got some in section A

Thanks for the help.

jbcarol

Best Restaurant in College Station Bracket
« Reply #15566 on: April 16, 2015, 11:22:51 am »

cuppycup @cuppycup  ·  17h 17 hours ago

Best Restaurant in College Station Bracket unveiled 👀 http://gbh.ag/BCSbestfood 

jbcarol

Knoxville
« Reply #15567 on: April 21, 2015, 03:15:50 pm »

Barbeque - Sweet P's http://www.sweetpbbq.com/

Pizza - Barley's http://barleysknoxville.com/

A little bit of everything for everyone (including good self-brewed beers) - Calhoun's on the River (Sweet P's has the best BBQ, but they have the best ribs) http://www.calhouns.com/ or The Downtown Grill & Brewery http://www.downtownbrewery.com/

Burger - This one is tough, because I don't feel like we have an amazing burger place. But I would have to go with Copper Cellar on Cumberland http://www.coppercellar.com/Restaurant-CopperCellar.html . Copper Cellar also has a little bit of everything like Calhoun's and Downtown Grill & Brewery.

Upscale Southern Cooking - Tupelo Honey http://tupelohoneycafe.com/location/knoxville/

You name what you're looking for, I'll recommend the place.

Also, I think it'll be a good game. Both teams are similarly up-trending. I expect the game to be close either way, and as long as it is a close, I don't think the out come will set a precedent for either team's season. I'm looking forward to this game more than anything. Hope I get to go.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 07:57:03 pm by jbcarol »

jbcarol

Lexington
« Reply #15568 on: April 24, 2015, 06:23:22 am »

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels  ·  9h 9 hours ago

Coaches coming to Lexington this weekend to cover AAU events ... There's one place you need to eat...

jbcarol

Nashville's Best Burgers
« Reply #15569 on: April 24, 2015, 09:41:30 am »

The Tennessean @Tennessean  ·  Apr 22

We asked you where to get the best burger in Nashville. Here's the top 5. http://www.tennessean.com/story/life/food/2015/04/21/sink-teeth-best-burgers-nashville/26133039/

jbcarol

Razorback Red & White Game Parking Info
« Reply #15570 on: April 25, 2015, 11:32:31 am »

Razorback Football @RazorbackFB  ·  3h 3 hours ago

If you are on your way to DWRRS, take a look at where you can park > http://bit.ly/1QoR6WX  #WPS

jbcarol

Knoxsville Burgers
« Reply #15571 on: April 26, 2015, 06:32:59 pm »

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB  ·  Apr 24
Thx to the person who suggested I go to Stock & Barrel (@KnoxStockBarrel) while in Knoxville.. Might've been the best burger I've ever had.

jbcarol

Best place to eat in downtown Athens? - Wally
« Reply #15572 on: May 07, 2015, 11:23:12 am »

Best place to eat in downtown Athens?

What’s left? I still mourn the loss of Five Star Day and Farm 255. (Although somehow Weaver D’s, despite or perhaps because of multiple close-calls over the past few years, is still going.)

If you like fancy food, Etienne’s is always a good call. For just good food, Last Resort is very popular, and the go-to place for a lot of out-of-towners. ESPN took the Georgia beat writers there last year, and Michael Phelps ate there when he was in Athens for a meet. The National also has a very good chef, and Five and Ten is owned by Hugh Acheson, so it always has some good dishes.

If you like atmosphere along with solid food, The Globe is a favorite of mine. And for breakfast, try to find a table at Mama’s Boy...

jbcarol

Pepperdine
« Reply #15573 on: May 11, 2015, 07:29:58 am »

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels  ·  10h 10 hours ago

Can't imagine there are many campuses that can compete with Pepperdine ...

jbcarol

The top ten states for BBQ
« Reply #15574 on: May 22, 2015, 02:01:13 pm »

Times Free Press ‏@TimesFreePress

The top ten states for BBQ: http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2015/may/22/tennessee-no-1-state-bbq-according-tripadvisor/305786/
7:50 AM - 22 May 2015

The world's largest travel-oriented website used a relatively objective, broad method to measure reviews from its readers and determine that Tennessee takes the top spot, with Texas coming in at No. 2.

TripAdvisor’s Top 10 states for barbecue:

1. Tennessee

2. Texas

3. Missouri

4. North Carolina

5. Georgia

6. Florida

7. South Carolina

8. California

9. Virginia

10. New York

TripAdvisor also announced the Top 10 barbecue restaurants in America, and surprisingly enough, none of them are in Tennessee. However, the No. 1 restaurant is just a stone’s throw away from East Tennessee: Joe’s BBQ, in Blue Ridge, Georgia, is just a few miles south of where the borders of Tennessee, North Carolina and Georgia meet.

www.joesbbqblueridge.com

popcornhog

Getting from XNA to Baum?
« Reply #15575 on: June 02, 2015, 11:16:55 am »

Any suggestions? I'm trying to get a flight that will put me in NWA around 12:30. Friends can't pick me up due to work/game.

Is there a reasonable way that I can get to Baum without renting a car? I'm staying with a friend and won't have any need for a rental car other than to get to Baum.

Do y'all have uber in NWA? Does it operate as far out as XNA?

Thanks!

SPAL

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • I like Big Mike and I cannot lie
Re: Getting from XNA to Baum?
« Reply #15576 on: June 02, 2015, 11:21:40 am »

I'm not sure about uber but keep in mind that 1230/100 is about the time the Walmart shareholders meeting will be ending , in addition to those coming up for the game so keep that in mind as you make plans.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #15577 on: June 02, 2015, 11:24:42 am »

Uber would be cheapest but XNA has lots of Taxi services. You can go online or call to reserve a pickup.  Or when you get off the plane find the closest person in Hog gear and ask to bum a ride or split a taxi.

http://www.dynastytaxi.com

http://www.nwataxi.com

http://www.pinnlimo.com

BroyledNutts

« Reply #15578 on: June 02, 2015, 11:25:31 am »

Isn't there an express service offered at XNA for travelers who need a ride?

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #15579 on: June 02, 2015, 11:26:36 am »

I would think you could catch a cab bringing folks from the Walmart meeting looking for a fare back, haggle with them if you see a lot of cabs.

Or some nice folk on here might be flying in themselves and give you a ride if that is what you are hoping for but didn't want to say it.

popcornhog

« Reply #15580 on: June 02, 2015, 11:43:45 am »

Isn't there an express service offered at XNA for travelers who need a ride?

I can't find anything online, but that would be helpful to know.

popcornhog

« Reply #15581 on: June 02, 2015, 11:44:12 am »

I would think you could catch a cab bringing folks from the Walmart meeting looking for a fare back, haggle with them if you see a lot of cabs.

Or some nice folk on here might be flying in themselves and give you a ride if that is what you are hoping for but didn't want to say it.

Haha, no, that's not what I was shooting for. I'll rent a car if I must.

ricepig

« Reply #15582 on: June 02, 2015, 11:49:29 am »

There was an article in the ADG yesterday about a couple of car services in the Bentonville area.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
« Reply #15583 on: June 02, 2015, 11:50:22 am »

Since rental car biz here is heavy during the week, the weekend rates are really low.  You can get a weekend rental of a standard or full size car for $50 at the airport fees included.  That's 12:30 Friday to 12:30 Sunday.  http://tinyurl.com/nrzdukr

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #15584 on: June 02, 2015, 11:59:57 am »

LOL,  Me if I were by myself would just stand out in front with a sign that says "Baum or Bust"!

woodrow hog call

« Reply #15585 on: June 02, 2015, 12:05:05 pm »

Any suggestions? I'm trying to get a flight that will put me in NWA around 12:30. Friends can't pick me up due to work/game.

Is there a reasonable way that I can get to Baum without renting a car? I'm staying with a friend and won't have any need for a rental car other than to get to Baum.

Thanks!

Are you kidding me?
This is popcornhog people, we need to "HOGVILLE UP", and get him to Baum!

jbcarol

Parking at Mizzou games
« Reply #15586 on: June 02, 2015, 12:43:03 pm »

Steve Walentik ‏@Steve_Walentik 22h22 hours ago

From @JoeWalljasper: #Mizzou unveils changes that will affect football, basketball parking - Columbia Daily Tribune http://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/mu/mu-unveils-changes-that-will-affect-football-basketball-parking/article_d51a2a3b-19e9-5ce7-be7c-f41efb9a7ee1.html

The impetus for the change is a desire to increase giving at Missouri, which ranked 13th out of 14 Southeastern Conference schools in athletic fundraising last year. The Tiger Scholarship Fund raised $22 million last year, which led only Vanderbilt and was a quarter of the amount raised by SEC leader Texas A&M.

Missouri calls the new fundraising model “Donor Level First.”

There are 13 donor levels, ranging from “Booster” ($50 annually) to “Flagship” ($100,000-plus annually, a category that currently includes 26 people). Everyone in a donor level is guaranteed better parking than the people in the level below, regardless of seniority. However, fans can move up within their level based on priority points.

Stedman said that if all of Missouri’s approximately 9,000 donors continued to give at the same level as before, there would be an “almost minute” impact on parking.

The goal, though, is to inspire donors to give more than before in order to jump up a level to receive tangible parking benefits. Stedman said seat locations will not be impacted by the new system “so it wouldn’t create mass disruption.”

Stedman said six other SEC schools — Arkansas, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Florida, Tennessee and South Carolina — use a similar system.

Cresthog

Re: Road Trips: 3 Hots and a Cot
« Reply #15587 on: June 02, 2015, 01:36:55 pm »

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels  ·  10h 10 hours ago

Can't imagine there are many campuses that can compete with Pepperdine ...

Dry campus...

GaryHog

« Reply #15588 on: June 02, 2015, 09:47:53 pm »

There is cab services and car rental too.

GatorHog

« Reply #15589 on: June 02, 2015, 10:05:45 pm »

Just thumb it, never fails in arkansas. 

LOL,  Me if I were by myself would just stand out in front with a sign that says "Baum or Bust"!

+1

Hogfaniam

• Thirst For Victory
« Reply #15590 on: June 03, 2015, 07:58:56 am »

Tortfeasor

« Reply #15591 on: June 03, 2015, 08:15:55 am »

Surely someone can pick his dude up in exchange for some pre-game beer. Come on people!

PigWig

« Reply #15592 on: June 03, 2015, 10:08:27 am »

I'd wager renting a car is significantly cheaper than a cab ride.  XNA is literally in the middle of nowhere, and Baum is about as far south in Fayetteville as you can get.  You're probably looking at a 30 mile cab ride.  Cab rides from Dickson street to Rogers run upwards of $50, so renting a car is likely your best bet.

ricepig

« Reply #15593 on: June 03, 2015, 10:10:14 am »

I'm sure someone will pick him up in exchange for a ticket.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #15594 on: June 03, 2015, 10:27:39 am »

Are there no hotel shuttles?

jacobp

« Reply #15595 on: June 03, 2015, 10:32:44 am »

not from XNA to Fayetteville. There are some shuttles to Rogers/Bentonville, but none to Fayetteville.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
« Reply #15596 on: June 03, 2015, 10:35:19 am »

Are there no hotel shuttles?

A few for the B'ville/Rogers hotels, but usually you have to be a confirmed guest.  Also need to arrange in advance they don't have regular shuttle service that say runs on the hour.

If you have never been to XNA it's 10 miles of nowhere in every direction.  Plenty of taxi/car/pay shuttle services available just not enough hotel traffic to have regular service.

Can call http://jimsexpress.com/.  They may be running some special and have shuttle busses.  They seem to be doing a lot with shareholders so as they are running people to and from Fayetteville/XNA on Friday may be able to catch a good deal on a back haul.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #15597 on: June 03, 2015, 10:39:23 am »

Matbe if he'd change his name to "SlobberinHog" somebody would give him a ride.  We know everybody hates the popcornhog.   :razorback:

BallHog1

« Reply #15598 on: June 03, 2015, 12:45:16 pm »

Thanks!
Can't be done, just forget it...might as well give me the ticket...

popcornhog

« Reply #15599 on: June 03, 2015, 12:57:59 pm »

I'd wager renting a car is significantly cheaper than a cab ride.  XNA is literally in the middle of nowhere, and Baum is about as far south in Fayetteville as you can get.  You're probably looking at a 30 mile cab ride.  Cab rides from Dickson street to Rogers run upwards of $50, so renting a car is likely your best bet.

That's why I was asking. You're correct.

Ended up coordinating with a friend who is flying in from Houston. Neither of us need a rental car so we're gonna split a fare.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 ... 401   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas