• 9,933,667 Posts
• 399,428 Topics
• 22,897 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pitching for SEC Tourney  (Read 1358 times)

hogfan1981

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Pitching for SEC Tourney
« on: May 19, 2018, 07:50:43 pm »

What would you do with the pitching for SEC Tournament? Keep rotation the same or start someone else in first game Wednesday and then BK in 2nd game Thursday?

ucahogfan

Re: Pitching for SEC Tourney
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 07:53:27 pm »

Probably Campbell Wednesday, Knight Thursday, and Murphy in game 3 (should we make it then).  Past that, just Johnny Wholestaff it.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Razrpig256

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 08:00:43 pm »

Probably Campbell Wednesday, Knight Thursday, and Murphy in game 3 (should we make it then).  Past that, just Johnny Wholestaff it.

Agreed.

hogfan1981

• Varsity
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 08:15:59 pm »

Good take. Do you limit how much you use Knight, Campbell, and Murphy, or let them treat it like a normal start with around 100 pitches?

southarkhog06

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 08:37:48 pm »

I put all the starters on a 90 pitch limit I think.

thebignasty

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 09:04:53 pm »

I put all the starters on a 90 pitch limit I think.

Agree.  Want them to stretch out and go like a real game without the chance of over taxing any of them.

ucahogfan

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 09:06:25 pm »

Agree.  Want them to stretch out and go like a real game without the chance of over taxing any of them.
Yep, keep them in a good rhythm moving into postseason play.

hogfan1981

• Varsity
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 09:40:56 pm »

What about some of the guys banged up a bit? Koch, Biggers? Play em' or rest em'?

thebignasty

• I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 09:52:14 pm »

What about some of the guys banged up a bit? Koch, Biggers? Play em' or rest em'?

I would guess Koch plays unless he swells up bad between now and Wednesday.

I would like Biggers to play a little just to make sure he's sharp, but I think it'll be a pain tolerance type deal.

ucahogfan

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 09:53:23 pm »

I would like Biggers to play a little just to make sure he's sharp, but I think it'll be a pain tolerance type deal.
While being interviewed during today's game, Biggers mentioned he is potentially getting his stitches out Tuesday and could be available Wednesday.  Would be good to get him some ABs in Hoover, but not if he risks missing the postseason.

bulldog04

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 10:59:11 pm »

Except Campbell since it will be 9 or 10 days before he pitches again

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 06:31:07 am »

Do not over pitch anyone. Nothing to play for in Hoover.

parallaxpig

• Senior
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 08:05:40 am »

SEC tourney means nothing for us........we need to keep and get some folks healthy..........

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 09:36:39 am »

We are guarantees two games right?  Maybe Johnny wholestaf Wednesday then start normal weekend rotation Thursday.  That aligns you up nicely.  I want to play both ole miss and Florida again, and beat them. 

colbs

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 10:56:46 am »

Probably want to pitch the starters to keep them in rhythm but have them on a pitch count.  Then get some of the less experienced guys some innings in relief.  I would like to get at least 1 win in the SEC tourney. 

Porkerpower

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 11:38:53 am »

Looking ahead to possible College World Series opponents and I've noticed all year long about Ole Miss they are a great team but the one thing about them is they have no left handed relief pitchers in their Bullpen to my knowledge.

TNhawgfan

• Jimmy G - A New Hope!
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2018, 01:12:19 pm »

I'm ok with a combo of campbell and ramage going Wednesday ( don't care which one starts and relieves). USC and Missouri will throw their ace on Tuesday in the single elimination round, so it shouldn't be our 3 against their 1 regardless of opponent

dotnet

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2018, 02:29:27 pm »

I'm ok with a combo of campbell and ramage going Wednesday ( don't care which one starts and relieves). USC and Missouri will throw their ace on Tuesday in the single elimination round, so it shouldn't be our 3 against their 1 regardless of opponent

Not necessarily.  USCe didn't start their friday night guy in Baum when the series started on Thursday

ucahogfan

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2018, 03:44:13 pm »

South Carolina is solidly in the field and their Thursday night guy would be on regular MLB rest and not regular college rest.  Doubt they would throw him.  Mizzou is very much on the bubble so they will more than likely throw their top guy.

hogfanboy2

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 05:29:13 pm »

I would keep the rotation the same  Knight followed by Murphy  followed by Cambell all on imited pitch count
this would give max rest for all  for the rotation in regionals  and  best chance for a couple wins to  secure a national seed. some say a win is not needed,  I say win  in the first game can only help  and  a loss against FLA in the second game will not hurt at all.  Have Knight get a game 1 win  and let him fish the rest of the week

ucahogfan

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 06:26:33 pm »

I would keep the rotation the same  Knight followed by Murphy  followed by Cambell all on imited pitch count
this would give max rest for all  for the rotation in regionals  and  best chance for a couple wins to  secure a national seed. some say a win is not needed,  I say win  in the first game can only help  and  a loss against FLA in the second game will not hurt at all.  Have Knight get a game 1 win  and let him fish the rest of the week
Start Campbell Wednesday and then Knight / Murphy.  Having a long layoff as a pitcher is not always the best.  Better to keep them in a good rhythm instead of trying to get as much rest as possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas