• 395,604 Topics
• 22,322 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: GAME 56 THREAD: #6 Arkansas (37-16, 18-11 SEC) @ #16 Georgia (36-17, 17-12 SEC)  (Read 7548 times)

jfred59

Ole Miss just won the west

No they won the #2 Seed.  We are still cochamps

bsidemusic2002

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

WE aren't having a what if discussion.. People who rarely or never post here made sure to.stop by and tell those of us who digest this stuff starting in January, that we are wrong and we must not know what we are talking about because they have a bad feeling from watching a couple of games this year.

None of us are worried. Not even a little bit. But those drive by fans sure are.

Oh ok.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Deep Shoat

• All-American Hogvillian
  • The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey

Ole Miss just won the west
Ole Miss is co-champions of the SEC West.

Period.

LJHOG

Ole Miss is co-champions of the SEC West.

Period.
Any way you slice it Ole Miss is the SECW champ based on they took our series.

Deep Shoat

• All-American Hogvillian
  • The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey

Any way you slice it Ole Miss is the SECW champ based on they took our series.
Any way you slice it, that isn't the rules. 

The SEC rules for the 2018 baseball season make us co-champs and give Ole Miss the 2nd seed in the SEC tournament based on them winning our series.

hogfan1981

• Bench Warmer

Any way you slice it, that isn't the rules. 

The SEC rules for the 2018 baseball season make us co-champs and give Ole Miss the 2nd seed in the SEC tournament based on them winning our series.

Truth!!!!

ricepig

https://twitter.com/ChrisBurke02/status/998001956194013184?s=19

The @RazorbackBSB team will be a top 8 seed and will host through supers. 30-3 at home this year means they are a HEAVY favorite to get to #CWS

Razrpig256

WE aren't having a what if discussion.. People who rarely or never post here made sure to.stop by and tell those of us who digest this stuff starting in January, that we are wrong and we must not know what we are talking about because they have a bad feeling from watching a couple of games this year.

None of us are worried. Not even a little bit. But those drive by fans sure are.

Serious question, would you bet your house on it? I wouldn't. I feel really good about being a national seed. I'm no expert but I'd put our chances at like 90-95%. But there's still a chance we could go two and out and teams like OSU, TTU, and FSU could jump us in the RPI right? By most metrics I agree, we should be a lock. I just can't predict how much they will care about road record or putting 4 SEC teams as national seeds. Those are the only two things that even concern me a little bit.

The only top 8 I could possibly imagine without us in it would be:
Florida
Stanford
OSU
Georgia
Ole Miss
UNC
FSU
Stetson/TTU

I don't think that's likely at all, but is it possible? Not trying to be critical, I just don't really trust the NCAA very much. Also I don't think I would consider myself, jry04, Tebow, and hogfan1981 to be drive by fans. We've been around here for a while.

hogfan1981

• Bench Warmer

Serious question, would you bet your house on it? I wouldn't. I feel really good about being a national seed. I'm no expert but I'd put our chances at like 90-95%. But there's still a chance we could go two and out and teams like OSU, TTU, and FSU could jump us in the RPI right? By most metrics I agree, we should be a lock. I just can't predict how much they will care about road record or putting 4 SEC teams as national seeds. Those are the only two things that even concern me a little bit.

Florida
Stanford
OSU
Georgia
Ole Miss
UNC
FSU
Stetson/TTU

I don't think that's likely at all, but is it possible? Not trying to be critical, I just don't really trust the NCAA very much. Also I don't think I would consider myself, jry04, Tebow, and hogfan1981 to be drive by fans. We've been around here for a while.

Very well said. You did a much better job of conveying the point I was trying to make. IMO, we are definitely a top 8 team. However, I don't like the selection committee having the road record and 4 teams from one conference as ammunition for justification in not awarding us a top 8 seed.

As for being a drive by fan, I ignore that. These people don't know me or the baseball background I have. I've watched or listened to 95% of the games this year, as I have for the last few years. Unfortunately, I only started following this room this year because I never checked it out before. I saw all the garbage in the football and basketball rooms and assumed this one would be the same. I appreciate the conversations that take place here and appreciate the tight restrictions against the garbage stuff. I actually enjoy this forum.

sir-pigs-a-lot

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I like Big Mike and I cannot lie

Florida
Stanford
OSU
Georgia
Ole Miss
UNC
FSU
Stetson/TTU

No, I'm def not referring to you or the ones you mentioned. I consider you EI family. You're a good poster. But you know , or maybe you don't, there is always an influx of people who come here after a loss.

Today hasn't been any different, I've just been better at containing it.

To your question, if it was only about the numbers, I would def bet my house on it. I really would. But since there is a human elemant to it that could possibly mess with it, I wouldn't. I'm 99% certain. That's the best I can do.

If I'm wrong, I'll have tons of crow to eat served by lots of people.

But I stand by it.

Razrpig256

No, I'm def not referring to you or the ones you mentioned. I consider you EI family. You're a good poster. But you know , or maybe you don't, there is always an influx of people who come here after a loss.

Today hasn't been any different, I've just been better at containing it.

To your question, if it was only about the numbers, I would def bet my house on it. I really would. But since there is a human elemant to it that could possibly mess with it, I wouldn't. I'm 99% certain. That's the best I can do.

If I'm wrong, I'll have tons of crow to eat served by lots of people.

But I stand by it.

I think most of us would agree with that take.

hogfan1981

• Bench Warmer

I think most of us would agree with that take.

Yep

BoarnSupremacy

• Varsity

Hogs are top 8 seed.  That's all that matters.  WPS!

Jaxhog

• Band Nerd

Florida
Stanford
OSU
Georgia
Ole Miss
UNC
FSU
Stetson/TTU

Nice post.  The only reason though that Stetson is still in the top 8 in the RPI is they pulled a Georgia and cancelled the last two games of their series at home with USC Upstate.  USC Upstate with their 230 RPI would have brought Stetson out of the top 8 whether they won or lost those games.  They also cancelled a mid week game against #63 RPI Miami.  So they went 1-0 for the week and the RPI fell 1 spot.  They were saved by the weather and the committee will consider that I am sure.

ucahogfan

Florida
Stanford
OSU
Georgia
Ole Miss
UNC
FSU
Stetson/TTU
I just don't see Texas Tech even being considered as a top 8 seed.  They went 15-9 in Big 12 play, but the Big 12 is much weaker than the SEC.  Plus, they have a series loss to TCU which is not very good to have on the resume this year.  They will more than likely host, but their resume is not top 8 good.

BroyledNutts

I just don't see Texas Tech even being considered as a top 8 seed.  They went 15-9 in Big 12 play, but the Big 12 is much weaker than the SEC.  Plus, they have a series loss to TCU which is not very good to have on the resume this year.  They will more than likely host, but their resume is not top 8 good.

I could see Tech right under us as the 10 seed ...

Bruinstyle2001

2 weeks ago, the thought of Texas Tech having a national seed shot was laughable.  They were 4 games behind the conference leader in Oklahoma State and they only had 3 conference games left.  There RPI was in the middle teens. 

Since that day, Oklahoma State fell flat and went 1-5 in league play (dropping a road series at Baylor and getting swept at Texas Tech).  Texas Tech is now a respectable 2 games behind the conference champion Texas -- who will be a host -- and Texas Tech's RPI jumped up to #5.   
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas