• 396,449 Topics
• 22,589 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SEC Tourney  (Read 2069 times)

hogginbama

SEC Tourney
« on: May 11, 2018, 01:41:51 pm »

Having retired from the Army last year and moved back to Alabama (Huntsville), thought I would treat myself to the tournament this year. Before I catch overwhelming fire-power for choice of retirement home, this life-long Hog Fan married an Alabama girl and our two grand-daughters are here, so retirement location was non-negotiable. I have looked at the SEC site for tickets and see the lower level as a package deal for all sessions and individual tickets in GA. For the fans here who have gone to the tournament in the past, is it possible to by the lower level seats for single sessions or is the package deal the only way to go?

Hatleyville454

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: SEC Tourney
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 02:49:25 pm »

We go for the entire week and always buy the package tickets for every day, but you can definitely buy single session tickets. Each session is typically two games, then they clear the stadium and check everyone back in for the next session. There honestly isn't a bad seat in the place. Everything is basically "lower level". There are probably 20-25 rows below the concourse and 20-25 above. It's a depressed stadium, so you have a good view as soon as you walk through the gate.

I will also say that buying tickets at the stadium is also an option, as there are hardly ever any sell outs. MAYBE if LSU makes the weekend or finals it will sell out, but other than that, you should be able to find tickets. Auburn being better this year may also attract a few more fans, but they aren't a huge baseball fanbase like LSU or MSU.

We've been going for 5 years now, so if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 03:53:03 pm »

I’m in Huntsville as well and I go to as many of the game as possible. Just depends on my work schedule through the week and then if we are still playing on the weekend.

hogginbama

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 07:02:40 pm »

Appreciate the info. Good stuff....will definitely look into the options a little more in-depth.

WHITEPW

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 04:17:16 am »

I retired from the army last year as well living in Huntsville too, my son and I are going to head down for a few games the days he doesn’t have semester tests going on. 

Birminghog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Ludwig calls the Hogs at Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 12:06:33 am »

We have gone for the last few years. I don't know whether this answers your question, but the most financially efficient way to go is to get package tickets. It's what we have done in the past, and it works out well.

That being said, last weekend I won two hospitality grade tickets in a silent auction, so this year, for the first time, my wife and I will experience the upper level hospitality suite along the 3rd base line (AC, TV, bar, private bathrooms, covered balcony, F&D) for all sessions. Also gives us privileges for any general admission seats, so if we are on the 1st base side & want to hang out, we can do that, too. Can't wait!

Look forward to seeing any and all Hog fans at the Met!

razorbackgolf

Hoover question
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 07:05:10 pm »

Hey does anyone have recommendations for hotels in Hoover? Thinking about goin to a mid week game. Also any place I might be able to see a tentative schedule?

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever
Re: Hoover question
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 07:14:09 pm »

Your bracket will be at this link
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2018/0117/2018%20SEC%20Baseball%20Tournament%20Bracket.pdf

I always use Hotwire, Expedia, etc. to book a hotel in Hoover. Most are near the stadium but I'd go 3-3 1/2 stars or better. I'm partial to Embassy Suites, Hyatt Place, Courtyard, etc. If your wife is going and likes shopping you can spring for a little more and stay inside the Galleria Mall at the Hyatt Regency.

ms_hog

• Varsity
  • Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 09:11:08 pm »

I've stayed over at the Courtyard near the Galleria Mall a few years ago and it was nice.  It's an older property, but we were pleased.

TexasDad

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 09:23:40 pm »

Airbnb! I've made the suggestion on the site a few times. I think many are scared to try it, but in my opinion it's way nicer and a lot less expensive than a hotel (just read the reviews).

Here's one for $68 per night: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/20029692?s=51
Or $60: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/9333954?s=51

That's after 30 seconds of looking - It's a way better option than a hotel iMHO. - It was fun and saved me a bunch of cash for all the away games last season.

BigBrandonAllenFan

• All-American Hogvillian
Where not to go...
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 09:27:49 pm »

The Great Red Army's corps of engineers have just completed construction of the new tornado proof, solid concrete and steel Hoover Gulag for SEC Kulaks.  There is no cost for lodging but you probably don't want to stay there.   :-\
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:39:31 pm by BigBrandonAllenFan »

razCzar

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 10:31:01 pm »

Airbnb! I've made the suggestion on the site a few times. I think many are scared to try it, but in my opinion it's way nicer and a lot less expensive than a hotel (just read the reviews).

Here's one for $68 per night: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/20029692?s=51
Or $60: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/9333954?s=51

That's after 30 seconds of looking - It's a way better option than a hotel iMHO. - It was fun and saved me a bunch of cash for all the away games last season.
Homey, clean and you sure can't beat those nineties rates.
Sweet Home Alabama, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwWUOmk7wO0

TexasDad

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 06:47:43 am »

Homey, clean and you sure can't beat those nineties rates.
Sweet Home Alabama, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwWUOmk7wO0

Stayed every weekend in Fayetteville for $50 per day. Completely separated downstairs in-law type apartment, view of a golf course, 60 inch TV with huge comfortable chairs and a big leather couch. Became friends with the owner, they saved every home series for us. If you're somewhat social and read the reviews it can be a great experience. 

hogginbama

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 08:14:37 am »

We have gone for the last few years. I don't know whether this answers your question, but the most financially efficient way to go is to get package tickets. It's what we have done in the past, and it works out well.

That being said, last weekend I won two hospitality grade tickets in a silent auction, so this year, for the first time, my wife and I will experience the upper level hospitality suite along the 3rd base line (AC, TV, bar, private bathrooms, covered balcony, F&D) for all sessions. Also gives us privileges for any general admission seats, so if we are on the 1st base side & want to hang out, we can do that, too. Can't wait!

Look forward to seeing any and all Hog fans at the Met!

So you are saying all Hog fans need to swing by your suite for free food and drinks?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas