General Sports Discussion > Motor Sports

Monster Mile Round 1

Pages: (1/1)

Buff:

What do you think today will bring?  Snoozefest or wreckfest?

ImHogginIt:


--- Quote from: Buff on May 06, 2018, 12:02:02 pm ---What do you think today will bring?  Snoozefest or wreckfest?

--- End quote ---

Went there last year. A fun place to see a race. Larson or Busch but never count out the 48

ImHogginIt:


--- Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 06, 2018, 01:47:22 pm ---Went there last year. A fun place to see a race. Larson or Busch but never count out the 48

--- End quote ---

Never mind. Unscheduled stop and now uncontrolled tire bull$&%#

Buff:

How about the 4 car  8)

Buff:

Dang.  Look how fast and how far Harvick pulled away from Keselowski, and then look at how long it took him to make the pass in the first place.

ImHogginIt:


--- Quote from: Buff on May 06, 2018, 02:44:35 pm ---Dang.  Look how fast and how far Harvick pulled away from Keselowski, and then look at how long it took him to make the pass in the first place.

--- End quote ---

Lots of empty seats at Dover. That is really sad

Racinray:


--- Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 06, 2018, 02:57:18 pm ---Lots of empty seats at Dover. That is really sad

--- End quote ---
I think when NASCAR was in its boom all the tracks over built with all the new seats and now that it has slowed back down, there's to many seats. I think it will continue to be like this at 95% of the tracks.

99toLife:


--- Quote from: Racinray on May 06, 2018, 03:51:00 pm ---I think when NASCAR was in its boom all the tracks over built with all the new seats and now that it has slowed back down, there's to many seats. I think it will continue to be like this at 95% of the tracks.

--- End quote ---
I know after Kansas Speedway was built they already had plans to add a bunch of seats after 5 years.  Decided not to and probably never will.now.

Racinray:

Hold on Harvick, I need the money.

ImHogginIt:

One of the most boring Dover races ever

berryhog:

Admittedly, I haven't watched a lot of racing since they started the stages (and it might be fairly regular now), but I was surprised at the number of teams that pushed the limit on fuel in the first stage.

Buff:


--- Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 06, 2018, 05:08:44 pm ---One of the most boring Dover races ever

--- End quote ---

It was exciting, because Harvick won by over 7 seconds  8)

Seemed like the entire race was comprised of the commentators in the booth talking about how Kyle Busch and then Martin Truex were going to be cars to beat.  Again, Fords dominated the day.

ImHogginIt:


--- Quote from: Buff on May 06, 2018, 05:52:20 pm ---It was exciting, because Harvick won by over 7 seconds  8)

Seemed like the entire race was comprised of the commentators in the booth talking about how Kyle Busch and then Martin Truex were going to be cars to beat.  Again, Fords dominated the day.

--- End quote ---

I'm all for Happy winning races over all these young guys but it was still a boring race for Dover

Buff:

It's never boring with the 4 car in the lead.  You gotta admit, you can't argue with my totally unbiased opinions here.....

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version