General Sports Discussion > Motor Sports

Bowman to the 88 in 2018

Pages: (1/1)

ImHogginIt:

I don't get it. He has never won a Cup, Xfinity or Truck race yet gets one of the best rides in NASCAR. One of the things I hate about NASCAR is guys getting rides they don't deserve. Just another reason NASCAR popularity has dwindled

riccoar:

--- Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 20, 2017, 08:53:11 am ---I don't get it. He has never won a Cup, Xfinity or Truck race yet gets one of the best rides in NASCAR. One of the things I hate about NASCAR is guys getting rides they don't deserve. Just another reason NASCAR popularity has dwindled

--- End quote ---
He did really well subbing for Jr. so who knows.  Kenseth got booted from his ride by Eric Jones.  Jones does have a better resume though than Bowman.  I would think at some point sponsorships will have to come down in order to get more funding for the sport.

riccoar:

This is from Jayski but gives you an outlook of what cars and drivers are facing for next year:

POTENTIAL Free-Agent Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Regulars AFTER the 2017 season

#43-Aric Almirola (contract ends 2017)
#37-Chris Buescher (on loan from RFR to JTG)
#41-Kurt Busch (contract ends 2017)
#77-Erik Jones (moves to JGR #20 car in 2018)
#5-Kasey Kahne (contract thru 2018 but sponsors leaving)
#20-Matt Kenseth (contract ends 2017, won't return to JGR)
#2-Brad Keselowski (contract ends 2017)
#1-Jamie McMurray (contract status unknown)
#27-Paul Menard (usually works on a year-to-year deal)
#10-Danica Patrick (uncertainty over sponsorship)
#43-Bubba Wallace (contract status unknown)

Racinray:

I like the decision, I think it's time for some younger, new blood. The old guys are just that, old and don't race hard unless they have a contract coming up.

ImHogginIt:

--- Quote from: Racinray on July 20, 2017, 01:25:55 pm ---I like the decision, I think it's time for some younger, new blood. The old guys are just that, old and don't race hard unless they have a contract coming up.

--- End quote ---

Plenty of young drivers with better resumes

holeinthewall:

--- Quote from: riccoar on July 20, 2017, 10:08:00 am ---This is from Jayski but gives you an outlook of what cars and drivers are facing for next year:

POTENTIAL Free-Agent Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Regulars AFTER the 2017 season

#43-Aric Almirola (contract ends 2017)
#37-Chris Buescher (on loan from RFR to JTG)
#41-Kurt Busch (contract ends 2017)
#77-Erik Jones (moves to JGR #20 car in 2018)
#5-Kasey Kahne (contract thru 2018 but sponsors leaving)
#20-Matt Kenseth (contract ends 2017, won't return to JGR)
#2-Brad Keselowski (contract ends 2017)
#1-Jamie McMurray (contract status unknown)
#27-Paul Menard (usually works on a year-to-year deal)
#10-Danica Patrick (uncertainty over sponsorship)
#43-Bubba Wallace (contract status unknown)

--- End quote ---

Menard taking his money to Haas looks likely.  Bubba ran well subbing in the 43.. Better results than Almirola.  Danica doesn't deserve a ride. I hope Matt can't find a ride.  Brad I would think resigns with Penske.  No better rides available unless he just wants more money.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version