General Sports Discussion > Motor Sports

Segments

Pages: (1/1)

holeinthewall:

I kind oF like the segments but counting laps in between is total BS.  Any laps in between should not be counted.

ImHogginIt:

--- Quote from: holeinthewall on February 27, 2017, 10:56:07 am ---I kind oF like the segments but counting laps in between is total BS.  Any laps in between should not be counted.

--- End quote ---

I think it will really help in the boring mile and a half tracks. Will make guys get much more aggressive in the first half of a race. You consistently finish well in the segments over the course of the chase and it will really help guys without a victory make it in the chase. Guys like Newman can really rack up some points.

str8volfan:

I dont think they should do this at plate tracks again.

ImHogginIt:

--- Quote from: str8volfan on February 28, 2017, 08:48:51 pm ---I dont think they should do this at plate tracks again.

--- End quote ---

Harvick would disagree. He finished second in one and won one so even finishing 22nd he is 4th in points standings. Sure makes racing hard all race mean something

riccoar:

For points I guess I see it, but not a big fan of it.  Daytona was a wreckfest in all 3 series this year.  THey have got to figure out a way to make these cars raceable.

ImHogginIt:

--- Quote from: riccoar on March 01, 2017, 06:46:57 am ---For points I guess I see it, but not a big fan of it.  Daytona was a wreckfest in all 3 series this year.  THey have got to figure out a way to make these cars raceable.

--- End quote ---

With lower downforce those boys just need to learn not bump each other so hard. Plus ban McMurray from plate races  ;D

ricepig:

--- Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 01, 2017, 10:39:35 am ---With lower downforce those boys just need to learn not bump each other so hard. Plus ban McMurray from plate races  ;D

--- End quote ---

Shoot I say break it up into more segments, the more racin the better!

Buff:

--- Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2017, 12:18:50 pm ---Shoot I say break it up into more segments, the more racin the better!

--- End quote ---

Don't stop the race between segments.  Have a lottery draw 2 hours before each race to announce which 3 individual laps have been selected for bonus points.  Or heck, wait until lap 8 to have the lottery drawing.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: Buff on March 01, 2017, 03:26:19 pm ---Don't stop the race between segments.  Have a lottery draw 2 hours before each race to announce which 3 individual laps have been selected for bonus points.  Or heck, wait until lap 8 to have the lottery drawing.

--- End quote ---

Don't tell them which lap ends a segment, have them race all day long, instead of riding around, putting laps in.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version