SemperHawg:

Didn't really see that coming.

https://twitter.com/bigdayday4/status/989200795345317890

snoot hoggy hog:

Posted on twitter

Kevin:

Have fun losing 20 a year

HogInThaGrove:

LoL.  DePaul.  He'll for sure get 1 & done type instruction there...

Hog Fan...DOH!:

Kids these days. It's just crazy.  Actually, it's the people AROUND the kids. 

311Hog:

lol if i guessed 1000 times i would never had guessed DePaul.

ADavisTheGOAT:

I know a DePaul fan. Their entire fanbase wants their coach and AD fired. Theyíre a dumpster fire right now.

Hawg Red:

Wow. Yravic (sp?) was saying he wanted to see Hall go to DePaul the other day.

greenEGnHAWGS:

Wow...Iím speechless.

The_Iceman:

Gave up 30 minutes a game, a starting SF spot, and a potential NCAA Tournament Appearance.....for frickin DuPaul?

GoPigs69:

Maybe if he transfers again and gets to make another Twitter announcement, he can select a school that will edit it grammatically for him or have already passed Freshman English by then. 

WMHawgfan:

--- Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on April 25, 2018, 01:29:13 pm ---I know a DePaul fan. Their entire fanbase wants their coach and AD fired. They’re a dumpster fire right now.

--- End quote ---
That program has been there since the end of the Meyer era.

Squints Pallaboarus:

Going on 11 losing seasons in a row... head scratcher for sure  ???  Best of luck to him.

#1 STUNNA:

Jones is headed to Middle Tennessee also....

PorkRinds:

It should be obvious to everyone at this point that his association with Thomas, coupled with transferring to DePaul likely point to an issue with the devilís lettuce and him being encouraged to leave. Could be wrong since Anderson seemed genuinely surprised, but this didnít work out like he thought it would.

HawgsPolo:

Now hopefully some of you will understand the situation a little better.

Razorpigg:

--- Quote from: HawgsPolo on April 25, 2018, 02:18:32 pm ---Now hopefully some of you will understand the situation a little better.

--- End quote ---

Exactly

hawginbigd1:

--- Quote from: The_Iceman on April 25, 2018, 01:53:14 pm ---Gave up 30 minutes a game, a starting SF spot, and a potential NCAA Tournament Appearance.....for frickin DuPaul?

--- End quote ---
So now we know this decision was not basketball related IMO.

Dwight_K_Shrute:

--- Quote from: PorkRinds on April 25, 2018, 02:14:22 pm ---It should be obvious to everyone at this point that his association with Thomas, coupled with transferring to DePaul likely point to an issue with the devilís lettuce and him being encouraged to leave. Could be wrong since Anderson seemed genuinely surprised, but this didnít work out like he thought it would.

--- End quote ---

I'm not going to speculate except to say with a kid this talented and with the opportunity he had here and I'm sure the opportunities he could have had at other schools even that it does seem very odd that he is landing at DePaul.   CJ is going to MTSU and even though they just lost their HC they have been much more successful and relevant lately.

If if DH had some minor issues it would be little risk for a decent program to take him since he has to sit a year.  Tell him use the time to improve his grades or whatever he might need and be ready to go next year.

If DePaul is truly where he wants to go then I hope it works out for him.  Just have a feeling that it may not work out.  Wish him the best.  He played hard while he was here, never spoke bad about the program or seemed to be a problem off the court.  Seemed like a good kid as well. 

Jackrabbit Hog:

Mark Aguirre is not walking through that door.  Ray Meyer is not walking through that door...

azhog10:

Is it ironic he has the word humble tattooed on him? Maybe as weird as the hog tattoo he has.

kingoftherapids:

can't believe someone from Arkansas University just transferred to the University of Depaul. I would think the University of Little Rock, Memphis University, or University of Arkansas at Jonesboro would be better options.

cityhog:

--- Quote from: HawgsPolo on April 25, 2018, 02:18:32 pm ---Now hopefully some of you will understand the situation a little better.

--- End quote ---

please expound. The only thing I am seeing is a talented player leaving our program for a dumpster fire of a program. What does that say about our program that is flattering in the least bit?

Hawg414:

--- Quote from: cityhog on April 25, 2018, 02:45:37 pm ---please expound. The only thing I am seeing is a talented player leaving our program for a dumpster fire of a program. What does that say about our program that is flattering in the least bit?

--- End quote ---

it says that it clearly wasnt the brightest star in the sky making the decision.  i dont think it reflects poorly on the UA in any way whatsoever.

hogsanity:

--- Quote from: The_Iceman on April 25, 2018, 01:53:14 pm ---Gave up 30 minutes a game, a starting SF spot, and a potential NCAA Tournament Appearance.....for frickin DuPaul?

--- End quote ---

Except he was not going to get 30 min a game. Mike rarely plays guys that much and with 7 new guys, before the transfers, it was not going to happen next year either.

azhog10:

--- Quote from: hogsanity on April 25, 2018, 02:59:40 pm ---Except he was not going to get 30 min a game. Mike rarely plays guys that much and with 7 new guys, before the transfers, it was not going to happen next year either.

--- End quote ---
Macon, Barford, Portis, and Qualls say hi.

RagingHawgOn:

--- Quote from: Hawg Red on April 25, 2018, 01:41:36 pm ---Wow. Yravic (sp?) was saying he wanted to see Hall go to DePaul the other day.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: yraciv on April 20, 2018, 09:55:03 am ---Well that would be a stretch. Both are going to have major school offers, and would only do that if they feel the need to be close to home. I live in Chicago now and want to see Hall come to Depaul.  They've been bad for so long, but have a nice new arena and appear to be recruiting at an improved level. Still if that is where he decides  it makes no sense why he left us.

--- End quote ---

He sure did; nailed it.

hogwood:

Very strange turn of events for Hall. From a promising young starter to this... More and more it points to him getting the "nice guy" treatment from Mike. CJ too. DT already got his pass and was booted right before the tourney - ouch. I was discouraged and confused at first. But this seems like we'll be better off.

Letsroll1200:

DePaul's record the past three seasons.

9-22
9-23
11-20

You want be playing with Daryl Macon, Jaylen Barford and Daniel Gafford. D. Hall is extremely athletic but has to work on his basketball skills. I don't get it!

311Hog:

honest question why not just head overseas and get paid.

Fan701:

This is just too strange.  There's got to be something else going on here.  He would have started for us, so he elects to sit a year and play for who?  DePaul?  There's a story behind the scenes on this one.  Maybe some day we'll know why this absurdity.

thebignasty:

Guess nobody wants a 1st round, future all SEC type guy. Odd.

Dwight_K_Shrute:

--- Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 25, 2018, 02:37:11 pm ---Mark Aguirre is not walking through that door.  Ray Meyer is not walking through that door...

--- End quote ---

Hell Joey Meyer is not walking through that door, neither is Dallas Comegys.

Captain Morgan:

--- Quote from: Letsroll1200 on April 25, 2018, 03:23:34 pm ---DePaul's record the past three seasons.

9-22
9-23
11-20

You want be playing with Daryl Macon, Jaylen Barford and Daniel Gafford. D. Hall is extremely athletic but has to work on his basketball skills. I don't get it!

--- End quote ---

Its an academic institution. DePaul is not an easy school to get into. Even for athletes

Paul:

At least Penny didnít pay him to go to Memphis

Inhogswetrust:

--- Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on April 25, 2018, 01:29:13 pm ---I know a DePaul fan. Their entire fanbase wants their coach and AD fired. Theyíre a dumpster fire right now.

--- End quote ---

Have been a dumpster fire for years.

niels_boar:

--- Quote from: cityhog on April 25, 2018, 02:45:37 pm ---please expound. The only thing I am seeing is a talented player leaving our program for a dumpster fire of a program. What does that say about our program that is flattering in the least bit?

--- End quote ---

A potential first-round draft choice wanted to stay and play another year here.  Another kid passed up the chance to start next to him in order to play for Depaul after sitting out a year.  I know whose decision I'm putting more weight on concerning the state of our program.  From a basketball viewpoint Hall's decision is inexplicable for his own interests.  Heck, you'd think he'd stay another year, even if he hated everything about Fayetteville, just to get to play in front of the scouts that will be keeping an eye on Gafford. Instead he's going to be enjoying the Chicago winter while he sits on the bench in a suit all season.

twistitup:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-0322-flashback-depaul-ncaa-20150320-story.html

k.c.hawg:

--- Quote from: Captain Morgan on April 25, 2018, 03:46:17 pm ---Its an academic institution. DePaul is not an easy school to get into. Even for athletes

--- End quote ---

They can get anyone on that basketball team that meets minimum NCAA requirements. Academic waivers are commonplace.

rude1:

Thanks to all the coaches reaching out to him? I am guessing that list reaching out must have been less than flattering to choose DePaul from the list.

Razorpigg:

--- Quote from: rude1 on April 25, 2018, 04:47:04 pm ---Thanks to all the coaches reaching out to him? I am guessing that list reaching out must have been less than flattering to choose DePaul from the list.

--- End quote ---

Yup color me confused on that one too....

99toLife:

--- Quote from: k.c.hawg on April 25, 2018, 04:40:53 pm ---They can get anyone on that basketball team that meets minimum NCAA requirements. Academic waivers are commonplace.

--- End quote ---

Yep.

pigzwillrise:

I could see a kid like Hall being severely confused here.  he could be mixing up DePaul with the Duke blue Devils.

pigzwillrise:

I see him joining a gang in Chicago; never playing a minute. Outside of park leagues, that is.

pigzwillrise:

--- Quote from: Captain Morgan on April 25, 2018, 03:46:17 pm ---Its an academic institution. DePaul is not an easy school to get into. Even for athletes

--- End quote ---
Yes he seems to be quite the scholar

navyhog24:

Hogman2:

--- Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on April 25, 2018, 01:46:25 pm ---Wow...Iím speechless.

--- End quote ---
He! will be WINLESS!

BannerMountainMan:

Hahahaha whenever something funny happens to the program it has to be moved because itís not negative

cram224:

Look on the bright side. I bet our basketball IQ goes up.

STLhawg:

It should be obvious now that Hall was encouraged to leave for off the court reasons.  If that really wasn't the case, then the Hall is truly delusional about his abilities (and thus his "worth" on the court).

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Go to full version