Austin Reeves Transfer

Pages: (1/2) > >>

SouthTulsaHog:

https://twitter.com/chase_shannon/status/986972804506677248

Have at it Hogvillians haha

Hawg Red:

Bring it.

NoogaHog:

--- Quote from: Hawg Red on April 19, 2018, 09:38:23 am ---Bring it.

--- End quote ---

Umm...OK...Here goes...

Good luck young man at whatever you chose to do.

How'd I do?

Swinesong1:

Marshall is the JB poster boy as is Reeves.  Anybody wanna light into them for this happening?  Let the hypocrisy begin...

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: Hawg Red on April 19, 2018, 09:38:23 am ---Bring it.

--- End quote ---
Quitter...   ;D

hoglady:

--- Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 19, 2018, 10:08:40 am ---Marshall is the JB poster boy as is Reeves.  Anybody wanna light into them for this happening?  Let the hypocrisy begin...

--- End quote ---

If the logic by some is applied to this situation - it's all Marshall's fault, must have given an inferior upper classmen minutes that Reeves should have gotten. If the coach knew what he was doing and Reeves had been treated fairly he wouldn't be leaving.

klp1:

😂 oh the irony

Swinesong1:

--- Quote from: hoglady on April 19, 2018, 10:22:21 am ---If the logic by some is applied to this situation - it's all Marshall's fault, must have given an inferior upper classmen minutes that Reeves should have gotten. If the coach knew what he was doing and Reeves had been treated fairly he wouldn't be leaving.

--- End quote ---
Exactly!

BallHog1:

--- Quote from: hoglady on April 19, 2018, 10:22:21 am ---If the logic by some is applied to this situation - it's all Marshall's fault, must have given an inferior upper classmen minutes that Reeves should have gotten. If the coach knew what he was doing and Reeves had been treated fairly he wouldn't be leaving.

--- End quote ---
Well that has to be it because none of those coaches know as much as the players and fans about basketball....

k.c.hawg:

Marshall better get down on his knees, start kissing some ass....his roster management is terrible!! This is two transfers this year, it leaves only 4 scholarship players and they are bringing in 9 new faces.

Rock City Razorback:

In a very real sense, transfers have gotten out of hand. Seriously.

hogsanity:

Greg Marshall has 14 NCAAT appearances in 20 seasons as a HC including a final 4. He's doing fine

hawg66:

--- Quote from: hogsanity on April 19, 2018, 11:19:02 am ---Greg Marshall has 14 NCAAT appearances in 20 seasons as a HC including a final 4. He's doing fine

--- End quote ---
Anderson has 9 NCAA appearances in 16 years as a HC including an Elite Eight. Heís doing fine also.

niels_boar:

Shows how hard it is to keep a roster together these days.  Shamet like Qualls signed with an agent even though he could very well end up in the second round.  Reaves was the third guard, and both starters are gone.  He still transferred.

Leadbelly:

--- Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 19, 2018, 10:08:40 am ---Marshall is the JB poster boy as is Reeves.  Anybody wanna light into them for this happening?  Let the hypocrisy begin...

--- End quote ---

Heard a stat yesterday that really caught my attention. 40% of D1 players transferred last year. It happens everywhere.

mhuff:

Maybe Marshall didn't read HV to know how good Reeves actually is.  ;)

hogsanity:

--- Quote from: Leadbelly on April 19, 2018, 11:41:10 am ---Heard a stat yesterday that really caught my attention. 40% of D1 players transferred last year. It happens everywhere.

--- End quote ---

I find that hard to believe. 350 d1 basketball teams, 13 scholarships each, even accounting for graduation, that would still mean something like 1400 kids transfer each year. That is almost 4 players per team.

hogsanity:

--- Quote from: mhuff on April 19, 2018, 11:49:04 am --- Maybe Marshall didn't read HV to know how good Reeves actually is.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Here is what is funny, if he decided to transfer here, he'd suddenly be a whole lot better than many here have said he is as they justified Mike not getting him.

hawg66:

--- Quote from: hogsanity on April 19, 2018, 11:52:49 am ---Here is what is funny, if he decided to transfer here, he'd suddenly be a whole lot better than many here have said he is as they justified Mike not getting him.

--- End quote ---
Youíre trying too hard. Donít force it let the game come to you.

HawgsPolo:

--- End quote ---

Dillon23:

I don't think we are in the mix, but he would be a great fit for the Hogs.

hawg66:

, about 40% of all MBB players who enter Division I directly out of high school depart their initial school by the end of their sophomore year.

This is from the NCAA website. Two years so not a single season but still a lot of movement.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/tracking-transfer-division-i-men-s-basketball

niels_boar:

--- Quote from: hogsanity on April 19, 2018, 11:52:49 am ---Here is what is funny, if he decided to transfer here, he'd suddenly be a whole lot better than many here have said he is as they justified Mike not getting him.

--- End quote ---

Why did anybody have to justify Mike not getting him?  Grades were reported to be the primary issue at the time of his recruitment.

PharmacistHog:

Troll thread by definition. 

(notOM)Rebel123:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kansas.relaymedia.com/amp/sports/college/wichita-state/article209324494.html

ricepig:

I think it's being discussed in the basketball recruiting forum.

http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=660091.0

General Sports

http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=660093.0

And I haven't checked DST......I really figured it would be in here, though.

nwahogfan1:

11 out of 18 players including walk on will not return next year for WSU.  Only 4 on scholarship players will return.  I think I read though that 7 scholarship players graduated and 1 is leaving early for Pro ball. 

Interesting.  So I guess we are not the only looking to replace all their scoring.

nwahogfan1:

I am hearing Ark St and UALR.  Anybody know different?

Hawg Red:

--- Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 19, 2018, 07:22:10 pm ---I am hearing Ark St and UALR.  Anybody know different?

--- End quote ---

Lot of bigger programs than that getting thrown around.

oldman1015:

High basketball IQ and can shoot. We donít need him.

hogball33:

This is a must get. We already whiffed on him once.

mjsphd:

I didn't realize his dad played for Arkansas State.  I assume that is where he will end up.

ShadowHawg:

--- Quote from: hogball33 on April 19, 2018, 10:05:10 pm ---This is a must get. We already whiffed on him once.

--- End quote ---

Can't play defense. One trick pony.

The_Bionic_Pig:

--- Quote from: hogball33 on April 19, 2018, 10:05:10 pm ---This is a must get. We already whiffed on him once.

--- End quote ---

Why do people get so comfortable making up stuff... Arkansas never offered due to academics....he was a last second qualifier thus the Shocker offer.

If Arkansas whiffed then the rest of the SEC, BIG12, PAC10  etc...

Kevin:

Wow, he was going for be the man out there.

Something is not right at Wichita

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on April 20, 2018, 04:17:31 am ---Why do people get so comfortable making up stuff... Arkansas never offered due to academics....he was a last second qualifier thus the Shocker offer.

--- End quote ---

Correct....Thank you.

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- End quote ---

Wrong.

Dwight_K_Shrute:

--- Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 20, 2018, 06:07:29 am ---Wrong.

--- End quote ---

Agreed although some are going to spin it that way again if he chooses a school other than Arkansas.

Dwight_K_Shrute:

--- Quote from: Kevin on April 20, 2018, 05:53:31 am ---Wow, he was going for be the man out there.

Something is not right at Wichita

--- End quote ---

Seems like Marshall might be a grinder, maybe similar to a Petrino.  Couple that with the transfer culture and it starts to make sense. 

Kevin:

--- Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 20, 2018, 07:50:05 am ---Seems like Marshall might be a grinder, maybe similar to a Petrino.  Couple that with the transfer culture and it starts to make sense. 

--- End quote ---

he is a grinder. he can definitely wear on you

Hawg Red:

--- End quote ---

Speaking of whiffs....

Hog Fan...DOH!:

--- Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 20, 2018, 03:08:12 am ---Can't play defense. One trick pony.

--- End quote ---

Like Dusty?

hoglady:

--- Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on April 20, 2018, 04:17:31 am ---Why do people get so comfortable making up stuff... Arkansas never offered due to academics....he was a last second qualifier thus the Shocker offer.

--- End quote ---

The truth doesn't fit the narrative of Anderson screwing up.

J-Five:

--- Quote from: hoglady on April 20, 2018, 08:47:40 am ---The truth doesn't fit the narrative of Anderson screwing up.

--- End quote ---

Say it LOUDER so the folks in the back can hear it!!!

FineAsSwine:

--- Quote from: J-Five on April 20, 2018, 08:55:07 am ---
Say it LOUDER so the folks in the back can hear it!!!

--- End quote ---

I heard it out in the parking lot! Haha.

RagingHawgOn:

FWIW, a person I trust a great deal said the young man is headed to Jonesboro; said he is very high on Balado.

So, he's probably going to end up somewhere else ha.

FineAsSwine:

--- Quote from: RagingHawgOn on April 20, 2018, 09:19:51 am ---FWIW, a person I trust a great deal said the young man is headed to Jonesboro; said he is very high on Balado.

So, he's probably going to end up somewhere else ha.

--- End quote ---

Would be great to see him at ASU and Hall at UALR.

yraciv:

--- Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 20, 2018, 09:29:44 am ---Would be great to see him at ASU and Hall at UALR.

--- End quote ---

Well that would be a stretch. Both are going to have major school offers, and would only do that if they feel the need to be close to home. I live in Chicago now and want to see Hall come to Depaul.  They've been bad for so long, but have a nice new arena and appear to be recruiting at an improved level. Still if that is where he decides  it makes no sense why he left us.

Atlhogfan1:

--- Quote from: yraciv on April 20, 2018, 09:55:03 am ---Well that would be a stretch. Both are going to have major school offers, and would only do that if they feel the need to be close to home. I live in Chicago now and want to see Hall come to Depaul.  They've been bad for so long, but have a nice new arena and appear to be recruiting at an improved level. Still if that is where he decides  it makes no sense why he left us.

--- End quote ---

Their new arena looks sharp from the pictures I've seen and great location.  I'd like to see a resurgence from the big city programs like DePaul and St John's. 

--- Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 20, 2018, 03:08:12 am ---Can't play defense. One trick pony.

--- End quote ---

#wetoofast  ;)

Hasn't this been the majority of our players in this era? 

draftkings33:

--- Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 19, 2018, 04:37:56 pm ---How can Marshall let this happen in year 12?

--- End quote ---
the guy is a total psycho

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Go to full version