General Sports Discussion > General Sports

BIG Upset #1 Seed Virginia 54 #16 UMBC 74

Pages: (1/3) > >>

HamIAm:

roughly 11 minutes left in the game.  UMBC outplaying them.

Letsroll1200:

But fundamental basketball

HamIAm:

--- Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 16, 2018, 10:01:27 pm ---But fundamental basketball

--- End quote ---

Exactly.  UMBC is a bunch of short scrawny looking guys who don't look like they could handle a #1 seed.  But they are getting position and rebounds.  Passing the ball to create open looks.  Refreshing.

Boardon Hamsay:

Smdh....

alohawg:

Potential first ever in the making. This is fun, again.

Breems:

Wow. Tuning in now.

HamIAm:

UMBC point guard is 5' 8"

alohawg:

--- Quote from: HamIAm on March 16, 2018, 10:05:28 pm ---UMBC point guard is 5' 8"

--- End quote ---

That's seems generous.

rtr:

Go UMBC!!!

Breems:

Dude, UMBC looks like my high school team. What is going on?

Atlhogfan1:

--- Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 16, 2018, 10:01:27 pm ---But fundamental basketball

--- End quote ---

Not the day for deflection. 

alohawg:

--- Quote from: Breems on March 16, 2018, 10:07:39 pm ---Dude, UMBC looks like my high school team. What is going on?

--- End quote ---

#10 Is very talented and in the zone. Kid's game is a throwback, especially his drives and finishes.

HogAlum99:

Even though Iím still frustrated about the Hogs, this is why I continue to watch every year, even when we stink!!!

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 16, 2018, 10:10:37 pm ---Not the day for deflection.

--- End quote ---
How about feats of strength?

alohawg:

--- Quote from: HogAlum99 on March 16, 2018, 10:11:53 pm ---Even though Iím still frustrated about the Hogs, this is why I continue to watch every year, even when we stink!!!

--- End quote ---

We all are, brother.  Hope these UMBC kids put smiles all around.

Atlhogfan1:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on March 16, 2018, 10:12:41 pm ---How about feats of strength?

--- End quote ---

Letís do it.  Always a favorite discussion.

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 16, 2018, 10:14:10 pm ---Letís do it.  Always a favorite discussion.

--- End quote ---
Maybe after this game...

HamIAm:

#11 for Virginia screaming at the official "come on" 

Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter:

It has never happened before.  I remember in 95 when the Hogs were a 1 seed that we got all we wanted in our first round game.  Anyone else remember that?

PonderinHog:

The ball keeps going in for UMBC!

Breems:

This is amazing.

HamIAm:

WHat was that guy doing to his tongue??

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 16, 2018, 10:16:11 pm ---It has never happened before.  I remember in 95 when the Hogs were a 1 seed that we got all we wanted in our first round game.  Anyone else remember that?

--- End quote ---
Weren't we a 2 seed?

alohawg:

--- Quote from: HamIAm on March 16, 2018, 10:17:46 pm ---WHat was that guy doing to his tongue??

--- End quote ---

I assume something to help with cramps?

010HogFan:

Their offense is so smooth. They know how to dish it and kick. Our Hogs could never...

HamIAm:

--- Quote from: alohawg on March 16, 2018, 10:20:02 pm ---I assume something to help with cramps?

--- End quote ---

Licking the salt off of cheese crackers?

Boardon Hamsay:

--- Quote from: HamIAm on March 16, 2018, 10:17:46 pm ---WHat was that guy doing to his tongue??

--- End quote ---

You never lick Lance crackers for the salt? Kid can also trash a bag of double stuff Oreos in under 3 minutes.

alohawg:

--- Quote from: HamIAm on March 16, 2018, 10:21:09 pm ---Licking the salt off of cheese crackers?

--- End quote ---

Ha ha, maybe

HogAlum99:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on March 16, 2018, 10:18:51 pm ---Weren't we a 2 seed?

--- End quote ---
Yes Texas Southern was a #15 and gave us all we wanted in Austin.

HamIAm:

The shortest guy on the court picks off the pass.

Wow...are you seeing this?

alohawg:

It's happening, first time ever a 16 beats a 1. Wow  :o

Locutus_of_Boar:

--- Quote from: HogAlum99 on March 16, 2018, 10:11:53 pm ---Even though Iím still frustrated about the Hogs, this is why I continue to watch every year, even when we stink!!!

--- End quote ---

I can just see the Trivial Pursuit NCAA Tourney Edition question:  On the day #1 Virginia lost to #16 UMBC what other ridiculously over-seeded 7th seed lost to #10 Butler. :-)

Boardon Hamsay:

--- Quote from: alohawg on March 16, 2018, 10:23:24 pm ---It's happening, first time ever a 16 beats a 1. Wow  :o

--- End quote ---

#$@* donít jinx it. This whole @#$&ing thread is teetering on the brink....

Adam Stokes:

Well Arkansas fans, today could've been much worse. We could've been Virginia.

PonderinHog:

History in the making...

latrops:

It is really going to happen.  And it isn't even close.  Sixteen beats one convincingly.

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on March 16, 2018, 10:18:51 pm ---Weren't we a 2 seed?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: HogAlum99 on March 16, 2018, 10:22:27 pm ---Yes Texas Southern was a #15 and gave us all we wanted in Austin.

--- End quote ---

Yes, you both are correct.  Scary game.

Letsroll1200:

--- Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 16, 2018, 10:10:37 pm ---Not the day for deflection.

--- End quote ---

Maybe today is about reflection.

HamIAm:

The UMBC coach is trying not to smile

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on March 16, 2018, 10:24:30 pm ---#$@* donít jinx it. This whole @#$&ing thread is teetering on the brink....

--- End quote ---
But they're the better team!   :)  Not an upset!

Virginia basketball will be involved in the two biggest upsets in basketball history...unless a miracle happens here.

greenEGnHAWGS:

This is crazy!

Boardon Hamsay:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on March 16, 2018, 10:26:15 pm ---But they're the better team!   :)  Not an upset!

--- End quote ---

Reported to the upset police >:(  :D

HamIAm:

Grabbed the jersey from behind on a breakaway, got to be a flagrant

BannerMountainMan:

Virgina WOW!!

RebHog:

--- End quote ---

Whatever the hell that was our guys need to be constantly licking that unknown substance every second they are out of the game!

Boardon Hamsay:

This has to be the penultimate d!ck punch to UVA fans. First to be a tournament worst.

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 16, 2018, 10:27:01 pm ---This is crazy!

--- End quote ---

alohawg:

Virginia manages to cut the UMBC lead to 17 with 1:51 remaining.  ;D

Pages: (1/3) > >>

Go to full version