• 395,593 Topics
• 22,320 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tickets?  (Read 2058 times)

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
Tickets?
« on: June 11, 2018, 10:49:45 pm »

Best way to get them?  Sunday only.

DaultonH

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Tickets?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 11:03:09 pm »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jcorco00

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 11:15:20 pm »

All the reserved seats will come from stubhub or some aftermarket seller.  The outfield holds 5000 and you can get those for 15.00 at the ticket booth or a book of 10 for 90.00.  Those are good for any game.  Those seats are first come first serve so you will want to line up at least an hour or two early.  I heard only a few games has hit the limit in general admission, and that was with LSU involved.  With Arkansas vs Texas you never know.

jcorco00

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 11:41:09 pm »

Remember, they will not sell out of GA tickets, but they could shut the gates if the seating is full. Don’t get ripped off on GA  tickets at eBay or some aftermarket.  Those are the same tickets you will buy at TD Ameritrade at face value, and they will sell those until they run out of ink.  The same tickets can be used in game one through the finals.

factchecker

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 12:27:40 am »

Which dugout will we be in?

I believe that we will be the home team - so we should be on the first base side - BUT I just want to make sure before I buy tickets.

Hawgzinbowlz

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 12:58:56 am »

https://www.ncaa.com/tickets/baseball/d1
Box Office Line Queuing at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha
If twelve or more fans are at the TD Ameritrade Park Omaha box office waiting to purchase tickets at the time of the initial box office on-sale, a random drawing will be conducted to form the line at 9 a.m. Fans needing accessible seating are included in the box office line queuing.
The random drawing process is in place to provide the fairest ticket sales process possible to all fans. By removing the incentive for fans to arrive early, the random drawing saves fans’ time and significantly decreases the chance for ticket scalpers to be the first in line. Ticket scalpers have historically paid people to arrive hours before a sale in order to ensure a space at the front of the line.
Thirty minutes before tickets go on sale, or 9:30 a.m., each fan, over the age of 16, in line will be assigned a number. That number also will be put into a box. A TD Ameritrade Park Omaha team member will randomly draw a number from the box. The fan holding that number becomes the first person in line. The remaining fans will fall in line behind according to their number. For example, if number 15 is drawn, the fan assigned number 15 becomes the first in line, followed by the fans assigned numbers 16, 17, 18 and so forth. This continues until the highest number originally handed out is reached. After that, the fan assigned number 1 will join the line, followed by the remaining fans in the order of the numbers they are holding, with the fan holding number 14 becoming the last in line. Anyone who arrives after the numbers are handed out would join the line behind the last person holding a number.

Excellent tickets are available with this method if you are an early riser. We split our party into several buyers and would line up so that our numbers were far enough apart that one of us would end up being close to the ticket window after the drawing. Depending on the ticket demand for your game of choice 4-8 tickets were typically available to each purchaser.
We purchased tickets in the lower bowl and directly behind home plate (8-10 rows up from the screen) to watch The Hogs.

" GO OMAHOGS "

razorbackgolf

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 02:31:23 am »

Any hotel recommendations I'm thinking about going Tuesday or wed whenever they play but trying not to break the bank of possible. Also any idea about buying reserved tickets outside the stadium?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 02:41:27 am by razorbackgolf »

Supermark101

• Senior
  • We all need a little Love
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 03:32:08 am »

Any hotel recommendations I'm thinking about going Tuesday or wed whenever they play but trying not to break the bank of possible. Also any idea about buying reserved tickets outside the stadium?

If you'll willing to drive day of, your best value would be to go out of town a little to a Super 8 or whatever off the highway. Everything in town will have increased prices.

hawgtahm

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 06:56:38 am »

All the reserved seats will come from stubhub or some aftermarket seller. 

Not true. They still have single game reserved seats at the ncaa link DaultonH posted. That's where I bought mine.

jcorco00

Re: Tickets?r
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 07:05:49 am »

That is an aftermarket exchange.  It is just endorsed by the NCAA.

colbs

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 07:49:56 am »

Does anyone know the FV prices? 

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 08:49:09 am »

Does anyone know the FV prices? 

90 bucks for a book of 10 in General Admission. The tickets can be used for any game.

hawgtahm

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 09:07:42 am »

That is an aftermarket exchange.  It is just endorsed by the NCAA.

I stand corrected. That link had the best values last night, but that seems to have corrected itself today.

joeyself

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 09:08:02 am »

Box Office Line Queuing at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha
If twelve or more fans are at the TD Ameritrade Park Omaha box office waiting to purchase tickets at the time of the initial box office on-sale, a random drawing will be conducted to form the line at 9 a.m. Fans needing accessible seating are included in the box office line queuing.
The random drawing process is in place to provide the fairest ticket sales process possible to all fans. By removing the incentive for fans to arrive early, the random drawing saves fans’ time and significantly decreases the chance for ticket scalpers to be the first in line. Ticket scalpers have historically paid people to arrive hours before a sale in order to ensure a space at the front of the line.
Thirty minutes before tickets go on sale, or 9:30 a.m., each fan, over the age of 16, in line will be assigned a number. That number also will be put into a box. A TD Ameritrade Park Omaha team member will randomly draw a number from the box. The fan holding that number becomes the first person in line. The remaining fans will fall in line behind according to their number. For example, if number 15 is drawn, the fan assigned number 15 becomes the first in line, followed by the fans assigned numbers 16, 17, 18 and so forth. This continues until the highest number originally handed out is reached. After that, the fan assigned number 1 will join the line, followed by the remaining fans in the order of the numbers they are holding, with the fan holding number 14 becoming the last in line. Anyone who arrives after the numbers are handed out would join the line behind the last person holding a number.

Excellent tickets are available with this method if you are an early riser. We split our party into several buyers and would line up so that our numbers were far enough apart that one of us would end up being close to the ticket window after the drawing. Depending on the ticket demand for your game of choice 4-8 tickets were typically available to each purchaser.
We purchased tickets in the lower bowl and directly behind home plate (8-10 rows up from the screen) to watch The Hogs.

" GO OMAHOGS "

Interesting way to try to thwart the scalpers, and still you came up with a way to try to beat the system (scattering friendlies in the line). 

Seems like a better method would be to have a hat full of numbers, and let everyone in the line draw from it, and get in order thusly.  Those that arrive later get in line at the back.

JcS

woodrow hog call

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2018, 09:19:09 am »

If you can swing the extra expense of staying down town, it's a very enjoyable experience, takes the hassle out of looking for parking (if you are able to walk a bit), if you don't stay down there at least make plans to just go down and walk around the downtown area.
Really a neat part of the trip if you have the time to just wander around and mingle, with a lot of stuff to see/places to eat.

https://www.visitomaha.com/hotels/downtown-hotels/

Julie Maxine

• Band Nerd
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 09:33:38 am »

If you google Council Bluffs motels and then look at the map, there a few small towns with a motel or 2. Glenwood wouldn't be a bad drive, if you're coming up 29. If you're coming from the east on 80, there are several there. I can say the motel at Underwood is pretty bleak. But depends on what you want.
It would be more fun to stay in downtown Omaha if you want the crowd experience.
Is there a place most Hog fans gather to celebrate?

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 11:26:57 am »

So I'm going to guess that the reserved seat tickets that have been sold out well in advance have been bought or given to corporate sponsors, bought by Stubhub et.al, or bought by fans of other teams.  What will the real life attendance be like at this 1:00 pm game on the first weekend?

hawgtahm

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2018, 11:42:01 am »

So I'm going to guess that the reserved seat tickets that have been sold out well in advance have been bought or given to corporate sponsors, bought by Stubhub et.al, or bought by fans of other teams.  What will the real life attendance be like at this 1:00 pm game on the first weekend?

I went to the Omahogs gm1 the last 3 trips. It was a packed house each time.

Bruinstyle2001

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2018, 11:48:38 am »

Opening weekend will always be packed.  You have 8 fan bases converging on the city, you have the locals that support the tournament, and you have national fan bases that attend the event regardless of whether their teams make it.  Once you get into the work week, the attendance will die off some and tickets become more available.

woodrow hog call

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2018, 12:38:37 pm »

Opening weekend will always be packed.  You have 8 fan bases converging on the city, you have the locals that support the tournament, and you have national fan bases that attend the event regardless of whether their teams make it.  Once you get into the work week, the attendance will die off some and tickets become more available.

Yep we have always met people from the area that are just there to watch whoever is playing, some from a few hours away even.

Darth Hogus

• Varsity
  • Your muffins smell like crap ,and so do your ideas
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 12:40:15 pm »

Just keep checking back. They are always being added. One minute tickets behind 1st base dugout were $250 a pc the next I got some for $45

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 01:12:07 pm »

Just keep checking back. They are always being added. One minute tickets behind 1st base dugout were $250 a pc the next I got some for $45
The PrimeSport website?  From the link that DaultonH provided above?

Semper Hogelis

• Senior
  • I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2018, 07:21:34 pm »

Booked a hotel for 24th-28th and told work if we make the final two I won't be at work.  If we make the Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday best of three championship round we will find tickets and head up Sunday the 24th.  If not cancel the hotel.

Hawgzinbowlz

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2018, 07:59:26 pm »

Interesting way to try to thwart the scalpers, and still you came up with a way to try to beat the system (scattering friendlies in the line). 

Seems like a better method would be to have a hat full of numbers, and let everyone in the line draw from it, and get in order thusly.  Those that arrive later get in line at the back.

JcS
We work within the established system and pay face value for good seats...I'm sure you could contact Ameritrade with your suggestions.

" GO OMAHOGS "

colbs

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2018, 12:18:47 pm »

So the lowest tickets right now are $120.  Should I wait or will the prices pretty much stay the same?

jry04

• Hogville.net
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2018, 12:39:51 pm »

All the reserved seats will come from stubhub or some aftermarket seller.  The outfield holds 5000 and you can get those for 15.00 at the ticket booth or a book of 10 for 90.00.  Those are good for any game.  Those seats are first come first serve so you will want to line up at least an hour or two early.  I heard only a few games has hit the limit in general admission, and that was with LSU involved.  With Arkansas vs Texas you never know.
Based on my experience, if you are going to sit GA, you better get there 2-3 hours early minimum. The first weekend the last time Arkansas was there the line was probably close to a mile long wrapping around buildings on the sidewalk. People will be turned away for the Ark v Texas game.

jry04

• Hogville.net
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2018, 12:40:18 pm »

So the lowest tickets right now are $120.  Should I wait or will the prices pretty much stay the same?
Wait. They will drop drastically.

Darth Hogus

• Varsity
  • Your muffins smell like crap ,and so do your ideas
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2018, 07:57:24 pm »

The PrimeSport website?  From the link that DaultonH provided above?

yes, through the CWS websit

joeyself

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2018, 11:21:16 pm »

We work within the established system and pay face value for good seats...I'm sure you could contact Ameritrade with your suggestions.

" GO OMAHOGS "

Oh, I wasn't criticizing you at all; I like your ingenuity.  I just don't understand how anyone that created the system wouldn't figure out how easy it was to game.

And I really don't care how they do it--I'm perfectly content to watch it at home.  Hope you have a great time there.
JcS

Hawgzinbowlz

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2018, 01:51:09 pm »

Oh, I wasn't criticizing you at all; I like your ingenuity.  I just don't understand how anyone that created the system wouldn't figure out how easy it was to game.

And I really don't care how they do it--I'm perfectly content to watch it at home.  Hope you have a great time there.
JcS
👍

jry04

• Hogville.net
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2018, 03:28:25 pm »

If you can afford to wait until the day before, you will get cheaper tickets. The $100+ ticket options will always be there. I have already seen lower level tickets for $75-80 today, and a few upper deck for $60-70. I plan on waiting until Saturday night or Sunday morning for $40-50.

Super tickets to Baum Stadium were going for the same price. Then, Sunday and Mondaay morning, tickets were being sold even with the 3rd base bag for $30 each. Sellers market as soon as matchups are announced, but nobody wants to eat the tickets. They will sell them for peanuts when they start to worry they may have to eat them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas