• 9,964,993 Posts
• 400,165 Topics
• 22,936 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SHS’s Marquesha Davis commits to CMN  (Read 1275 times)

psycHOGlogist

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Skepticism is a virtue.
SHS’s Marquesha Davis commits to CMN
« on: June 07, 2018, 07:03:35 pm »

Per RD on twitter, Marquesha Davis of Springdale has committed to the Hogs!

I think this is a great pick-up. She is amazingly quick and athletic with a ton of potential. She has some things to learn, but the talent is obvious. WPS!

https://twitter.com/arrecruitingguy/status/1004868895486824448?s=21

psycHOGlogist

Re: SHS’s Marquesha Davis commits to CMN
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 07:28:45 pm »

Here is a link to her junior season highlights. Her ability to score the ball when off-balance is really impressive, and her instincts on defense and ability to anticipate a pass really stand out to me. Her shot looks good, too. She could be a tough match-up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZTkw3J6MDx02X49r9lf7w871JbAzbxjA/view

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

LadybackBBFan

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 02:02:40 pm »

The highlight video of her is really impressive.  I saw her once last year at Bentonville.  It was hard to get a read because the rest of her team was not very good.

LadybackBBFan

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 02:53:58 pm »

Since we have four seniors on a full roster and four commitments for 2019, that should conclude our recruitment for 2019 unless someone decides to transfer or retire for some reason.

brs_hogfan

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 02:54:37 pm »

I watched her in several games last high school season. She is exceptionally athletic and she uses her athleticism to great advantage for inside scoring and rebounding. She can also be an excellent defender with her quickness, length, and jumping ability. She needs to continue to develop both her shooting and ball handling (not that she is bad at either, just not as strong as other parts of her game). I am excited that she has committed -- I think she will be a truly outstanding player for us.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 04:45:17 pm »

Since we have four seniors on a full roster and four commitments for 2019, that should conclude our recruitment for 2019 unless someone decides to transfer or retire for some reason.

So it would seem. The 2018-19 roster has been posted with 12 returning players but doesn’t include any of the incoming signees (Barnum, Doumbia, or Tolefree), and that puts us at 15 schollies. We lose Swenson, Zimmerman, Northcross-Baker, and Monk after this coming year, the four spots LBBBF referred to. Seems done to me, though I hope that somehow we can manage to finagle another big into the squad!

For the 2020 class, we will be losing Williams, Mason, Stout, and Tolefree, so there will also be four spots (barring transfer or retirement).

nwahogfan1

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 09:09:02 am »

The men's basketball team seems to lose 1 or 2 transfers a year  even with less scholarships.  I am surprised the women's team does not lose a couple ladies a year when they are not getting much playing time.  Wonder why???

LadybackBBFan

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 05:14:24 pm »

The men's basketball team seems to lose 1 or 2 transfers a year  even with less scholarships.  I am surprised the women's team does not lose a couple ladies a year when they are not getting much playing time.  Wonder why???
I do not know where you have been over the past several of years, but we have lost a lot of women basketball players - especially during the Dykes era.  Many of them left who actually played a lot - but they left because they did not like the coach.  Women players generally have a more realistic view of whether they deserve playing time.  A lot are much more interested in relationships and getting a degree.  Most understand that their future is not in the professional ranks.  Relationships are much more important than playing time, unless their is a parent sticking their two cents into the situation and that has happened sometimes also.  Also females are more likely homesick and want to play closer to home - this has happened to at least three players that I can remember in the past six or seven years - playing time never entered into the decision.  As far as our current team, what's not to like about this coaching staff.  They make it fun to be on the team - that keeps female happy.  Hopefully, this is helpful.

flippinhogmana

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Nathan J Allison - Brothers to the Bone Books
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 07:12:24 pm »

I do not know where you have been over the past several of years, but we have lost a lot of women basketball players - especially during the Dykes era.  Many of them left who actually played a lot - but they left because they did not like the coach.  Women players generally have a more realistic view of whether they deserve playing time.  A lot are much more interested in relationships and getting a degree.  Most understand that their future is not in the professional ranks.  Relationships are much more important than playing time, unless their is a parent sticking their two cents into the situation and that has happened sometimes also.  Also females are more likely homesick and want to play closer to home - this has happened to at least three players that I can remember in the past six or seven years - playing time never entered into the decision.  As far as our current team, what's not to like about this coaching staff.  They make it fun to be on the team - that keeps female happy.  Hopefully, this is helpful.

ditto, but I will also add one thing to the equation.  The coach that doesn't know he/she has an obligation to his current players to both develop them as much as possible and to some degree re-recruit them every year, doesn't have the right heart for coaching.  Its not like you have to bs your players, quite the opposite since they aren't apt to go profession and make a fabulous lot of money at it, but you have to see in them and communicate that potential to them and its value to the team to be able to get the most out of them and for them to achieve it. 

Coach Neighbors was able to recruit Devin Cosper when she was all but gone, but not Wilson, it doesn't always work out despite your skill and effort.  But its a thing you have to do if you are wise.

Females even more than males (it has always struck me at least) want to belong - and to be valued - even if they are star players.  If you always go whoring for outside players, you are going to lose a lot of your own - whether its losing them to transfer or just ineffectiveness.  This staff has the right attitude in this critical area in my opinion, and if it wouldnt violate confidences, I could give you a couple of instances.

by the way, for those of you who have asked or are curious, I am on page 292, about eight pages short of being finished (plus the editing) with my  book.  Should be through for sure with the rough draft this weekend at least and the edit completed by next week.  It should be available by the end of the month at least in digital form but probably paperback as well.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 07:50:40 pm by flippinhogmana »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas