• 10,014,235 Posts
• 401,414 Topics
• 22,976 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Football incident  (Read 28469 times)

Hawgphat

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Football incident
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2018, 09:55:59 pm »

You forgot the "/s"

Nobody's perfect; - - and some of us are even less perfect than others. 

I plead guilty.

:-*

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2018, 10:04:38 pm »

I don't understand how Razorback fans are able to get so irate at the media when they're not overly critical of someone like Bielema, but when a good guy like John Nabors posts a video of an incident that happened with the football team he should be hanged in the Fayetteville town square.

John is a UofA grad and makes it pretty well known that he is in fact a Razorback fan. But his job, as a member of the media, is to report and/or discuss like somebody who isn't a fan. I mean, c'mon guys. John is simply doing his job. He isn't supposed to protect anyone, and it's rather alarming that so many think so. I am not comparing the two at all, but don't you think the kind of things that happened at Baylor or Penn State probably happened, in part, because the local media helped cover up for the football team? Again, I'm not comparing the two at all. Just simply pointing out what a complacent media is able to do and not do.

John is simply doing his job and is good at what he does. If you'd rather have a bunch of guys sitting around telling us how great things are going for the program like we have always had, then be my guest. That was a big part of the problem with Nutt and with Bielema. Don't dog a guy for just doing part of his job.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

sowmonella

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • You know I'm right.
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2018, 10:08:32 pm »

The job used to be get the news correctly and report it. Now it's get news first and get the facts later.

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2018, 10:10:06 pm »

The job used to be get the news correctly and report it. Now it's get news first and get the facts later.

Exactly...

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2018, 10:11:40 pm »

I don't understand how Razorback fans are able to get so irate at the media when they're not overly critical of someone like Bielema, but when a good guy like John Nabors posts a video of an incident that happened with the football team he should be hanged in the Fayetteville town square.

John is a UofA grad and makes it pretty well known that he is in fact a Razorback fan. But his job, as a member of the media, is to report and/or discuss like somebody who isn't a fan. I mean, c'mon guys. John is simply doing his job. He isn't supposed to protect anyone, and it's rather alarming that so many think so. I am not comparing the two at all, but don't you think the kind of things that happened at Baylor or Penn State probably happened, in part, because the local media helped cover up for the football team? Again, I'm not comparing the two at all. Just simply pointing out what a complacent media is able to do and not do.

John is simply doing his job and is good at what he does. If you'd rather have a bunch of guys sitting around telling us how great things are going for the program like we have always had, then be my guest. That was a big part of the problem with Nutt and with Bielema. Don't dog a guy for just doing part of his job.

He didnít need to post the video without having all the facts. Heís assuming guilt here.
Facts may prove that football players were responsible. But until we know for sure, itís irresponsible to post it as fact.

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2018, 10:14:08 pm »

Exactly...

C'mon guys. The only things that have been reported up to this point are facts. Nobody has called for anyone's head or for anyone to be kicked off the team. The only things, to my knowledge, reported thus far are:

Football players allegedly in fight
Fight happened at KA house
Video of a fight happening at the KA house

No media member has said anything otherwise about the incident.

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2018, 10:14:33 pm »

He didnít need to post the video without having all the facts. Heís assuming guilt here.
Facts may prove that football players were responsible. But until we know for sure, itís irresponsible to post it as fact.

He used the word "alleged."  ???

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2018, 10:17:44 pm »

He used the word "alleged."  ???

Why even post it until he knows for certain?
He posted it thinking (assuming) that the players were involved...if you think otherwise, you are naive.

Hogindasticks

• Senior
  • Can't wait to get Cookin!
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2018, 10:21:27 pm »

I have no information on this alleged fight, - - - and I certainly don't mean to make light of it, - if true.  But it is reassuring, in some measure, to discover that our players now have appreciably more "fight" in them.  Hopefully, that is a sign of good things to come.

I'll stay tuned.

Sounds like  another upperclassman got replaced.....bout time we got some fight back in the dogs.

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2018, 10:22:02 pm »

Why even post it until he knows for certain?

Because it proves that there was in fact a fight at the KA house? Whether or not it was a football player or not is still alleged, but it certainly is a piece of evidence that could prove guilt or, albeit unlikely, actually prove innocence.

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2018, 10:24:09 pm »

Because it proves that there was in fact a fight at the KA house? Whether or not it was a football player or not is still alleged, but it certainly is a piece of evidence that could prove guilt or, albeit unlikely, actually prove innocence.

So you just assumed that it is unlikely the video could exonerate someone?
Thanks for proving my point.

Pumbaa

• Varsity
  • "They call me Mr. Pig!"
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2018, 10:25:56 pm »

He posted the video and stated that he doesn't know what happened or even who is in the video. He hasn't blamed anyone. He was only allowing us to see what he has to go by and letting us know what the statement that had been released was about. I don't see any problem with it at this point.

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2018, 10:29:11 pm »

So you just assumed that it is unlikely the video could exonerate someone?
Thanks for proving my point.

Am I not allowed to have an opinion? It could certainly swing in the opposite direction of what my opinion is.

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2018, 10:33:18 pm »

Am I not allowed to have an opinion? It could certainly swing in the opposite direction of what my opinion is.

Absolutely. Everyone has an opinion. I just happen to be of the mindset that, knowing how a few in the local ďmediaĒ operate, and their need to boost themselves and/or shows relevance, will take any opportunity to draw attention to themselves. Facts be darned.

Porked Tongue

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2018, 10:47:01 pm »

Reserving my opinion until facts sort themselves out.

It's newsworthy but it all comes down to circumstances and particulars.

No weapons other than testosterone.

jkstock04

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2018, 10:47:19 pm »

Whatís all the whining about exactly? Did someone get injured/sent to hospital? For some reason Iím doubting this is the first time something like this has happened on a college campus.

Unless there is a legit lawsuit for 1st degree assault via someone badly injured or something crazy this seems like kneejerk snowflake stuff to me.

Pumbaa

• Varsity
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2018, 10:47:53 pm »

Absolutely. Everyone has an opinion. I just happen to be of the mindset that, knowing how a few in the local ďmediaĒ operate, and their need to boost themselves and/or shows relevance, will take any opportunity to draw attention to themselves. Facts be darned.

I'm just wondering what facts you are referring to? He stated in his comments that he doesn't know who is in the video and doesn't know any details.

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2018, 10:52:38 pm »

I'm just wondering what facts you are referring to? He stated in his comments that he doesn't know who is in the video and doesn't know any details.

Then why post it? Why not wait until there is actually something to report?

ďHey folks, I donít know who is in this video or what it proves, nor do I know any details...but it is allegedly a Razorback football player.Ē

Yeah, thatís responsible journalism. 🤦‍♂️

Pumbaa

• Varsity
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2018, 10:56:41 pm »

He is showing us what the statement was about. No harm, no foul here in my opinion. I'm quite certain the authorities already had this video and there will be some report on it. But why not show what happened? He placed no blame on anyone. The facts are that there is a video and you can now see it.

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2018, 10:59:47 pm »

“Hey folks, I don’t know who is in this video or what it proves, nor do I know any details...but it is allegedly a Razorback football player.”

Yeah, that’s responsible journalism. 🤦‍♂️

To be first. Just like 99.99% of the "inside info from sources" posted here during every coaching search in the past 15 years.

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2018, 11:00:38 pm »

He is showing us what the statement was about. No harm, no foul here in my opinion. I'm quite certain the authorities already had this video and there will be some report on it. But why not show what happened? He placed no blame on anyone. The facts are that there is a video and you can now see it.

Itís only a story because it allegedly involves a Razorback athlete. But, based on what he and you are saying, there is no proof that it actually does. So why post it until you know for certain? He just adds to the speculation that it does, in fact, involve a player and that the player is responsible. Why not just wait for the facts to come out?

Itís all okay unless it was one of your kids.

AlmaHog2011

• Hogvillian
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2018, 11:02:33 pm »

That video isn't getting anybody in trouble. Is there something else?

Pumbaa

• Varsity
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2018, 11:07:37 pm »

Itís only a story because it allegedly involves a Razorback athlete. But, based on what he and you are saying, there is no proof that it actually does. So why post it until you know for certain? He just adds to the speculation that it does, in fact, involve a player and that the player is responsible. Why not just wait for the facts to come out?

Itís all okay unless it was one of your kids.

Well I hope I have taught my kids to not put themselves in that position. These kids are also responsible for themselves at this point in their lives. Athletes or not, they are 18.

Buuuut I think you are putting words in my mouth. It shows proof that whoever is in the video is involved. I personally can't tell who anybody in the video is. Might be a football player and might not. I don't think either one of us has, in fact, tried to place blame on anyone, athlete or student. I, as a consumer, am glad I got to see what the statement was about and will now sit back and wait for the facts.

PygmalionEffect2

• Hogvillian
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2018, 11:08:00 pm »

Because I wanted to see it, that's why.

Butt out

PorkRinds

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2018, 11:09:08 pm »

If the media had a videos didnít release it people would be talking about how theyíre slaves to the administration.

WBOBO

• Hogvillian
  • Lefty- RIP #1 Hog Fan
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2018, 11:11:44 pm »

I hope we have a better knockout punch on the playing field.  That was a mild skirmish.  I've been hit  by worse in bars just from missed punches of others fighting.  I guess you could call it unfriendly fire.

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2018, 11:17:35 pm »

Because I wanted to see it, that's why.

Butt out

Butt out? How old are you? Ha!

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2018, 11:18:11 pm »

Whatís all the whining about exactly? Did someone get injured/sent to hospital? For some reason Iím doubting this is the first time something like this has happened on a college campus.

Unless there is a legit lawsuit for 1st degree assault via someone badly injured or something crazy this seems like kneejerk snowflake stuff to me.

One person was indeed hospitalized. Again, the video only captured the tip of the iceberg.

pigture perfect

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2018, 11:21:00 pm »

I have no problem with the video being posted. None. What the problem is, is that we don't know what made the videographer to pull his phone out and start recording. We also don't know what happened after he incident went elsewhere.

BearsBisonsBoars

• Senior
  • Arguing with computers for a living
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2018, 11:34:52 pm »

C'mon guys. The only things that have been reported up to this point are facts. Nobody has called for anyone's head or for anyone to be kicked off the team. The only things, to my knowledge, reported thus far are:

Football players allegedly in fight
Fight happened at KA house
Video of a fight happening at the KA house

No media member has said anything otherwise about the incident.

I haven't had time to watch the video and go through the reports put out by the media.

But I do want to point out that how the facts are presented makes a huge difference. You can spin and alter perception without presenting anything unfactual.

widespreadsooie

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2018, 11:43:49 pm »

Why are all of you talking about Nabors? He posted a video, big deal. I'd like to know what caused the fight. Known players were generally welcomed at my fraternity's larger parties 8-10 years ago. Besides Ryan Mallett.

Farmer Hogget

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2018, 12:03:21 am »

I mean you recruit your own problems......these ARE bielema recruits.

Funny that these guys didn't behave like this when Bret was here.  Sometimes  you hire your own problems.

HoginMemphis

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2018, 12:16:20 am »

Okay. But a ďfewĒ years back, when something like this occurred, people got over it & went on their merry way. But not today....now we have folks making mountains out of molehills. A fight broke out at a fraternity party. wow! Breaking news! Must be the first time that ever happened. Geez.
So true. Same deal happened at SAE house in '81. Some footballers came by a party at our house and got really drunk. We told them they should leave. They said no. Fight broke out. One drunk football player got his ass kicked by Gene Davis, a golden gloves boxer. Right in the front door. Was over in 10 seconds. Holtz was mad and had Davis come to his office to explain what happened to Darrell Akerfelds (now deceased by the way) but no other U of A adminstrator did or said anything. Those were the days.

bigchad

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2018, 12:20:29 am »

It doesn't look like the guys around stood up for the guy getting hit from the side.  I know if it had been my fraternity house up there. We would have taken care of that guy and his friends. It's a reason why you should be careful who you invite over to the house. The football players always acted like you should just give them booze, because of who they were. They were not bringing women with them.

Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter

• President and life time member of the Hobby Shop.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • SPORTS HAS NEVER BEEN SO UGLY!
    • facebook.com/uglyuncle.
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2018, 12:48:02 am »

There was a day you would never know about something like this.

Is it a better day or worse?  I don't know.

SooieGeneris

• Senior
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2018, 01:32:05 am »

Unless there is much more to come, this is much ado about very little. Only the experts on here could make much out of that video..

alohawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2018, 01:52:27 am »

Worse

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2018, 02:40:56 am »

When all a guy has is a sore jaw, a black eye, and a bruised ego, it's easy to take the two aside, give them a talk, the loser a raw steak, and slap them on the wrist/pat them on the back depending on the reasoning for the fight and move on.

However, when you send somebody to the hospital, the only time in history that is kept private is when there's some serious corruption going on.

Were people complaining that it should have been kept private and missing the good ole days when the LSU player curb stomped the marine some years back? Heck, LSU did their best to sweep that under the rug, cutting the marine a nice check and barely punished the player at all.

We don't know what the person was hospitalized for. Heck, it could be something as innocent as them having a bad asthma attack due to all the excitement and not having their inhaler. However, with a story like this, odds are, somebody took the fight too far and kept going well beyond when they could have stopped. Even then, if it was yet another frat guy about to rape a girl who had too much to drink, tip of the hat to person doing the beating.

rhames

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2018, 05:15:27 am »

Funny that these guys didn't behave like this when Bret was here.  Sometimes  you hire your own problems.

Really? Bielema had no issues at all like this?

It was a fight that seems to have gotten out of hand.  While it seems like it could warrant some action from the coaching staff, it is hardly some criminal ring who was slinging dope or stealing TVs.

rhames

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2018, 05:17:19 am »

I mean it sounds like someone got injured pretty good. That's why they (UAPD) are investigating it

I think some of yall can be blinded by your razorback fandom causing you to blame others, when you could, I dont know......blame the players??

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • #gigantedormido
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2018, 05:26:28 am »

You've been a punk since the day he was hired and your fat drunk friend was fired. You conveniently forget the past...but keep spreading sour grapes.

Mike_e

• May the woo be with you
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2018, 05:57:38 am »

When all a guy has is a sore jaw, a black eye, and a bruised ego, it's easy to take the two aside, give them a talk, the loser a raw steak, and slap them on the wrist/pat them on the back depending on the reasoning for the fight and move on.

However, when you send somebody to the hospital, the only time in history that is kept private is when there's some serious corruption going on.

Were people complaining that it should have been kept private and missing the good ole days when the LSU player curb stomped the marine some years back? Heck, LSU did their best to sweep that under the rug, cutting the marine a nice check and barely punished the player at all.

We don't know what the person was hospitalized for. Heck, it could be something as innocent as them having a bad asthma attack due to all the excitement and not having their inhaler. However, with a story like this, odds are, somebody took the fight too far and kept going well beyond when they could have stopped. Even then, if it was yet another frat guy about to rape a girl who had too much to drink, tip of the hat to person doing the beating.

Not to rag on you but I could be taken to the hospital right now.  All I've got to do is get someone to take me.

Let's let this play out and see.

HogBreath

« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2018, 06:02:38 am »

Lay off those stupid pills, little Hoggette.

oldman1015

• Hogvillian
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2018, 06:41:07 am »

The main guy in trouble isnít going to be a big loss. Trim the fat time...
Never thought Iíd see a football player kicked off the team for getting in a fight.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2018, 06:48:37 am »

I have no problem with the video being posted. None. What the problem is, is that we don't know what made the videographer to pull his phone out and start recording. We also don't know what happened after he incident went elsewhere.

From what I saw it looked like it was probably from a security camera.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2018, 06:54:55 am »

Okay. But a ďfewĒ years back, when something like this occurred, people got over it & went on their merry way. But not today....now we have folks making mountains out of molehills. A fight broke out at a fraternity party. wow! Breaking news! Must be the first time that ever happened. Geez.

Frat house fights happen more than we would like. However when it involves someone in the public eye which college athletes are then it becomes more news worthy to the public. The bigger difference today though is cameras everywhere.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2018, 06:55:42 am »

a fight at a fraternity party, no way. I am shocked.

Mjs84

• Varsity
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2018, 06:57:01 am »

A few takeaways.  First, it's nice to see some bad boys after the pb&j years.  Next, a little more about Morris's coaching style will be revealed, specifically how he disciplines players.  Personally, I would run the guys until they wanted to quit.  And I would do so for the rest of the offseason.

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • #gigantedormido
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2018, 07:11:33 am »

I like some guys with a little 'edge'

damn cameras...

jgphillips3

• Life is too short for bad beer.
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2018, 07:27:07 am »

Wait just a minute!  You are telling me that a bunch of 18-22 year old boys who were drinking had tempers flare and got in a fight? Shocking!!! Shocking I say!!!  Newsworthy for sure because this has never happened before anywhere...

/sarcasm off
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas