• 396,168 Topics
• 22,374 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M. Brown  (Read 5175 times)

Mr.Gruntastic

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
M. Brown
« on: April 10, 2018, 04:29:41 pm »

What's the word on M. Brown the safety out of Ashdown?  He still with the team?

twistitup

Re: M. Brown
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 04:51:39 pm »

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/montaric-brown/

"Chose Arkansas over Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Missouri and others."

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 05:17:32 pm »

I would look for him too be in the 2 deep behind Santos and push for a starting spot along side curl next year

From Tusk Till Dawn

• Senior
  • Facts are stubborn things...
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 05:36:07 pm »

Out of curiosity googled M Brown razorback football.  Wasnt much available...

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 05:44:27 pm »

I went with montaric brown and it's just a bunch of articles about his delayed arrival last fall...

sickboy

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 05:49:40 pm »

I went with montaric brown and it's just a bunch of articles about his delayed arrival last fall...

Yeah, for those who don't remember, Montaric Brown was a 4* safety and the top player in the state from Ashdown. He signed with Arkansas despite big pushes from Oklahoma and OK State. Many were and still are hoping Brown will bring back the Atwater/Hamlin type of thumper at safety. He was a late qualifier so he redshirted last year. Will be a red shirt freshman this year.

From Tusk Till Dawn

• Senior
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 05:51:31 pm »

Ya I saw that, had to open the article to see the date as I originally thought “wait maybe he is not n the team”

ricepig

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 05:52:26 pm »

I would look for him too be in the 2 deep behind Santos and push for a starting spot along side curl next year

Yep, he ran with the second team in practice this spring.

TheRazorback500

• All-American Hogvillian
  • It's better to burn out than fade away.
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 06:33:06 pm »

He had one solo tackle and 3 assists in the spring game.

PorkSoda

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 06:37:28 pm »

or just go to the official roster...

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-footbl/roster/

oldhawg

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 07:22:33 pm »

I also googled him and found out nothing about his current status, and I also googled the official roster which told me  that he is still on the team. 

Even though I watched the first half of spring game, I must have missed any mention of him, so I still knew nothing of his current status.

So that's why I appreciate comments like:
"Yep, he ran with the second team in practice this spring." and
"He had one solo tackle and 3 assists in the spring game."

I would suggest continuing to ask questions on Hogville, not everyone is a smartass.

From Tusk Till Dawn

• Senior
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 07:22:35 am »

or just go to the official roster...

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-footbl/roster/
Ha, you dont say.  I think my point went by you, I didnt have my sarcasm flag up.  I was just curious what the results actually were.  Sometimes people just want to start a conversation among fans, I dont think google accomplishes that and I dont think anyone likes being called stupid. 

Been10Hog

• Senior
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 07:31:39 am »

Nothing stupid about asking how a player has progressing and doing. Asking if they are still on the team though is on the same order of not knowing who the president is. A casual fan should know that off the top of their head and even if you don't, it takes as long to check the official roster as it does to go to this page, start a new topic, and ask the question. The weights of players doesn't stay up to date, but unless it's only been hours since you quit the team, players who have left are quickly removed.
I was at the game. Read Hogville and Demozette everyday and when I saw the post the first thing I thought was, I don't remember his name being called during the game or any writer talking about him after the game. I appreciate the post so I could get an answer after all the BS fluff

rhames

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 07:55:30 am »

I googled boobs

Safe search off.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 08:17:03 am »

I googled boobs

Safe search off.

What’s this safe search you speak of

KlubhouseKonnected

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 10:26:56 am »

I googled boobs

Safe search off.

Did you learn anything?

rhames

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 10:29:16 am »

Did you learn anything?

I'm in a better mood

twistitup

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 11:12:25 am »

What’s this safe search you speak of

It's like a condom for a search engine

hogdiggity

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 07:20:16 am »

Montaric is most definitely with the team and doing well.   He is behind a SR safety on the depth chart.  From what I am told the coaches are happy with his performance.

HF#1

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 09:59:50 am »

After watching Morris' last spring presser, when asked about the safties, he only really mentions Kurl and Pulley. Other than that he keeps saying we have a lot of work to do over the summer. He was specifically asked about Brown and dodged the question.

HogPharmer

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 10:05:55 am »

Never seen anybody snort a search engine up their nose

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 10:16:20 am »

I also googled him and found out nothing about his current status, and I also googled the official roster which told me  that he is still on the team. 

Even though I watched the first half of spring game, I must have missed any mention of him, so I still knew nothing of his current status.

So that's why I appreciate comments like:
"Yep, he ran with the second team in practice this spring." and
"He had one solo tackle and 3 assists in the spring game."

I would suggest continuing to ask questions on Hogville, not everyone is a smartass.

The only stupid question is the one you don’t ask.

I don’t remember hearing much about Brown this Spring or at the game. He is one of the more highly recruited young players on the roster and an Arkansan, so the curiosity makes sense. He’s also young and got a late start last year.  It’s not surprising he is behind the veterans in the secondary. His time will come.

I’ve generally not hung around MMQB during the offseason. Hogville has lost so many of the members who made it a great place to discuss football. The OP has been around since November, 2015 but has only 41 posts. People have told me they would rather lurk than post because they don’t want to deal with the kind of nonsense hurled at this guy.

PorkSoda

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 04:57:53 pm »

People have told me they would rather lurk than post because they don’t want to deal with the kind of nonsense hurled at this guy.
they are the smart ones.  if you post you have to have thick skin.  Its the internet.  there are thousands of posters on this site, so its pretty much guaranteed a few of them are going to be smart asses.

but its also guaranteed there will be a few people willing to answer his question.

its just the nature of the internet.  luckily this place is pretty tame compared to a lot of sites.

311Hog

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 05:04:15 pm »

they are the smart ones.  if you post you have to have thick skin.  Its the internet.  there are thousands of posters on this site, so its pretty much guaranteed a few of them are going to be smart asses.

but its also guaranteed there will be a few people willing to answer his question.

its just the nature of the internet.  luckily this place is pretty tame compared to a lot of sites.

this place is by far the tamest place on the internet, bubble wrapped etc. etc. if you get your feelings hurt here it is probably a good idea to just lurk on the web.

I didn't see M. Brown in the scrimmage either, but i am glad to hear he played and is making his way.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 06:16:42 pm »

this place is by far the tamest place on the internet, bubble wrapped etc. etc. if you get your feelings hurt here it is probably a good idea to just lurk on the web.

I didn't see M. Brown in the scrimmage either, but i am glad to hear he played and is making his way.

Tame is one way of describing it.  Most sports message boards are unreadable.  This one has good policies and mods who enforce them. That's why it's been successful.  It could use a little policing lately, though.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2018, 08:51:35 pm »

I cleaned this crappy thread upearler. Some posters are just hateful.

twistitup

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2018, 05:39:51 am »

I cleaned this crappy thread upearler. Some posters are just hateful.

It's sad that we do it to our fellow fans that have a simple questions. I don't understand it.

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2018, 11:49:53 am »

After watching Morris' last spring presser, when asked about the safties, he only really mentions Kurl and Pulley. Other than that he keeps saying we have a lot of work to do over the summer. He was specifically asked about Brown and dodged the question.

I noticed this too. . he talked about Santos , kurl , and the smith kid a lil then said the kid coming in could help but no mention of brown

bigalphahawg

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2018, 11:05:15 am »

That is hilarious! Well done.

Tejano Jawg

• GO HOGS! BRING THE HEAT!
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2018, 09:13:50 am »

I noticed this too. . he talked about Santos , kurl , and the smith kid a lil then said the kid coming in could help but no mention of brown

I'm interested in any updates on Brown. He was part of the reason I was so excited over that recruiting class—along with Curl and Calloway—and what looked like several very solid DBs.

Man, as he works into the secondary rotation (hopefully) seems like a guy like this could be a killer on special teams. Maybe we just have a good problem for a change—so much depth, he's not getting much PT yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas