• 9,882,725 Posts
• 398,200 Topics
• 22,806 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Do Arkansas alumni want to win really bad?  (Read 2804 times)

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • No, no, no, don't think of it as work.
Re: Do Arkansas alumni want to win really bad?
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2018, 10:46:48 pm »

Now youíre stuttering.

And you're showing extreme ignorance and a basic lack of understanding of how this site operates.

Where was my stutter, exactly? I'm not too good at reading, so highlight it for me.

steveaustin69

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2018, 10:48:18 pm »

The funny thing is I just mentioned you today. Stevie and Canaan and busta happily admit they are one and the same. Bobby and rinds show up and HeyHogs fits the profile.

If ďnutsĒ was my problem Iíd have pmíd you first.

Shame the real estate I've got in that pea brain is only worth a few nickels.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HOGINTENNESSEE

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Ryan Mallett: "I don't get nervous"
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2018, 10:53:23 pm »

I vote your a Dumb A$$

Well it would be you are or you're.

So looks like you're the Dumb A$$.

I also have a BA and MBA.

Venables was not coming here as DC for any price point that this University would have paid and that not because they don't want to win.

They paid well over 10 mill to clear out the last guy and his staff.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2018, 11:00:05 pm »

Shame the real estate I've got in that pea brain is only worth a few nickels.

Don't flatter yourself, son.

rinds

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2018, 11:01:14 pm »

Well it would be you are or you're.

So looks like you're the Dumb A$$.

I also have a BA and MBA.

Venables was not coming here a DC for any price point that this University would have paid and that not because they don't want to win.

They paid well over 10 mill to clear out the last guy

you know this how? I disagree but neither of us know. What does paying the last guy 10 mil have to do with what you offer BV? the fact that you have to bring up the 10 mil buyout pretty much says you don't think they offered BV alot why would it have an impact?  Sorry about not using proper English to call you a dumb a$$, not sure why you took my post to be offensive but whatever. If you have a BA and a MBA you would think you would be more adult acting.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2018, 11:06:05 pm »

So you think Stevie, Canaan, Busta, Bobby, Rinds, and HeyHogs are the same person? Or at least three of those accounts are one poster?

Do you not know the rules of this site? Do you not know how IP addresses work? Do you think that person has 3 or 6 different devices they're using to post on this site? Or do you think the mods and admins are bad at tracking duplicate accounts?

I think they're pretty good at shutting them down quickly. I guess you don't. Or you don't have a basic understanding of how any of this works.

I have no idea how many devices your mother pays for. She is a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

Just cut the crap. 

secfan30

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2018, 11:07:04 pm »

I think they are doing their best. Bobby Petrino was a slam dunk. Bret Bielema was a monster hire on paper and so was his starting staff. The problem was keeping his staff. Recruiting to Arkansas is difficult which makes it difficult to retain top level assistants. These guys want to look good while exerting as little energy as possible on the recruiting trail.

I think boosters know that for Arkansas to make a huge jump. We need a good coach running a system that compliments the high school talent around us. Chad Morris checks those boxes and has more recruiting upside than Malzahn or Norvell.

This right here but how many will see this.

RyanMallettsEgo

• No, no, no, don't think of it as work.
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2018, 11:08:50 pm »

I have no idea how many devices your mother pays for. She is a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

Just cut the crap.

As they say, ignorance is bliss. You have no idea how something works, so you resort to a sophomoric remark. We've got a 52-year old man making a "your mama" joke. How do you do, fellow kids?

Thank God there are more knowledgeable and mature attorneys on this site who keep afloat my trust in the legal system.

I started no crap. You brought my name into this thread out of left field. Stop invoking my name constantly and in threads that I've never even posted in, and we can cut it.

Monty Python is vastly overrated, by the way.

steveaustin69

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2018, 11:15:00 pm »

Don't flatter yourself, son.

Lay off the booze, law dork.

steveaustin69

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2018, 11:16:12 pm »

Just cut the crap.

You are so bad at this.

steveaustin69

« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2018, 11:22:43 pm »

Dang. That RME feller works faster than two Louisiana lovestruck teenagers. He must be one uh them there hermaphrosprites.

Your brain is in a pretzel, huh?

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2018, 11:41:25 pm »

You are so bad at this.

If only you realized how badly you have damaged my fragile ego. 

b501

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2018, 12:12:43 am »

It is amazing how much damage to our fanbase's psyche was caused by Long and Bielema.

smile!

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2018, 07:46:23 am »

While that sounds good that is not reality. Yes dollar for dollar they don't that's why sometimes you have to offer more to get them to leave a good gig. That is why we had to pay more with the carrot of joining him with CM. With football coaches it's about opportunity alot of times as some have said Clemson is in a good spot now. You have to change the equation, the power money knows this.

It is reality for those that donít worship money. Iíve worked for some very wealthy power money people. No thanks. iF all someone cares about in their career is power money then I want no part of them. I believe the saying ďmoney is the root of all evilĒ. I also believe money canít buy happiness.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2018, 07:49:47 am »

yes but they pretty much said no money left to bring the staff you want. I am pretty sure that is why Gus didn't come. Have no evidence of that just a gut feeling. If you are ready to spend 7 mil for Gus why not give Venerable 3 mil? Morris 3.5 + Venerable 3 = 6.5 you still have 500k? Me thinks it was a smoke screen.

Next time before making statements try bringing some evidence instead of your gut feeling. Your gut feeling doesnít prove relaibility.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2018, 08:00:11 am »

Gut and common sense say he stayed where he thought he could compete for championships.

They both did. Jerry Rice could offer a top ten coach $15M a year to coach at MVSU and would have zero takers. It's not always about the money.

rinds

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2018, 08:18:52 am »

Next time before making statements try bringing some evidence instead of your gut feeling. Your gut feeling doesnít prove relaibility.

Well then show me the evidence that it isn't true?

rinds

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2018, 08:26:36 am »

It is reality for those that donít worship money. Iíve worked for some very wealthy power money people. No thanks. iF all someone cares about in their career is power money then I want no part of them. I believe the saying ďmoney is the root of all evilĒ. I also believe money canít buy happiness.

No one said worship money or it was all about the money as has been stated on here why risk going to Arkansas and leave Clemson? It has to be worth it for a coach to leave a set situation. Coaches get paid lots of money all the time to change job, join the real world. It's a fact of business. So step off your high horse and moral superiority join the discussion if you like, I didn't make this world of sports and if you don't like it why discuss? 

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2018, 08:38:41 am »

WE got the best we could get cause Gus played us and Brent going no where but BAMA or GA

steveaustin69

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2018, 08:42:37 am »

If only you realized how badly you have damaged my fragile ego.

See a shrink, Finchy.

rinds

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2018, 08:47:08 am »

WE got the best we could get cause Gus played us and Brent going no where but BAMA or GA

This discussion isn't about the head coach, it's about getting him the best staff and I think BV could of been had, would it have taken a large offer yes but it could of been done IMO. I agree with the head coach I think we got the best and as for Chavis we got the second best choice which is not bad just not the best and that's my question why not?

Uberanubis

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2018, 08:48:33 am »

wow this thread is all kinds of win.............. ??? :-\

ricepig

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2018, 08:51:37 am »

This discussion isn't about the head coach, it's about getting him the best staff and I think BV could of been had, would it have taken a large offer yes but it could of been done IMO. I agree with the head coach I think we got the best and as for Chavis we got the second best choice which is not bad just not the best and that's my question why not?

How do you know we didn't ask him?

rinds

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2018, 08:58:19 am »

How do you know we didn't ask him?

I have said we did ask him and think it's common knowledge that we did, what I am saying is why did we not swing for the fence? I think he is clearly considered one of if not the top DC in the country. I just find it hard to believe we would offer 3mil and a nice buyout for him to be DC and he turned it down. Could of happened but I doubt it.

oldhawg

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2018, 09:20:28 am »

Your Money Folks will have the chance to step up in a couple years to pay CM or loose him to someone higher up! Be Happy with the situation now.  Over his time Coaching he usually moves in about 3 years. And so far it has ALWAYS been up!!

That would be a very nice situation for Arkansas to find itself in, to have to ante up because of someone's success.  Hope it happens.     

hogwild6700

« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2018, 10:08:03 am »

I'm not sure which specific big money people you are referring to - but (just as an example) the Wal Mart and Tyson gang are more worried about items such as increasing gross profit, expanding in Asia, preparing to overcome potential device disruption, etc. Arkansas Football is not even an afterthought to them. I think a lot of Razorbacks fans have this idea that just because high rollers live in Arkansas that they have this obligation to pay some ridiculous amount of $$$ to get a "name coach".

ricepig

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2018, 12:08:39 pm »

I have said we did ask him and think it's common knowledge that we did, what I am saying is why did we not swing for the fence? I think he is clearly considered one of if not the top DC in the country. I just find it hard to believe we would offer 3mil and a nice buyout for him to be DC and he turned it down. Could of happened but I doubt it.

Maybe those who are in charge didn't share your belief that he was worth $3m, or whatever number you throw out? I suspect they are more in tune to this than you or me. Our new AD has already said he wasn't in favor of contracts with big buyouts.

870hogfan

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2018, 12:17:10 pm »

Gut and common sense say he stayed where he thought he could compete for championships.

Your Gus boy  will never win a national championship. Now run along Auburn boy.

rinds

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2018, 12:24:39 pm »

Maybe those who are in charge didn't share your belief that he was worth $3m, or whatever number you throw out? I suspect they are more in tune to this than you or me. Our new AD has already said he wasn't in favor of contracts with big buyouts.

That's obvious but not my question. My question is that going to get us to compete? for the record I don't think BV is worth $3mil. I am saying that is what we are going to have to pay to get a big name to come to Arkansas! We can't live off of 1960's anymore most people that watch sports don't even remember that time. If we are going to compete we have to have step up to the plate and it's going to cost are the in-tune as you call them all in?

Al Boarland

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2018, 12:25:27 pm »

It is amazing how much damage to our fanbase's psyche was caused by Long and Bielema.

I have a higher level of understanding of fan psyche than I probably need. With that being said my evaluation is based on the competitive landscape of our division and challenges to recruiting.

HogPharmer

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2018, 12:52:29 pm »

There's like 6 different feuds going on all at one time in this thread....

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2018, 03:19:55 pm »

Well then show me the evidence that it isn't true?

It is incumbent on those making a statement to prove it. You made the statement now prove it.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2018, 03:25:30 pm »

No one said worship money or it was all about the money as has been stated on here why risk going to Arkansas and leave Clemson? It has to be worth it for a coach to leave a set situation. Coaches get paid lots of money all the time to change job, join the real world. It's a fact of business. So step off your high horse and moral superiority join the discussion if you like, I didn't make this world of sports and if you don't like it why discuss? 

I donít have a high horse you do. You say it has to be worth it yet you do so in the context of more money. That is NOT always the deciding factor or even a consideration to some. Sure sometimes coaches move for more money but that is usually only one reason for them. They also are usually moving up when they do that. Sometimes coaches actually move for equal or less money as well. Sometimes no amount of money is going to make a difference. Iíve actaully turned down more money more than once before due to location and the company culture not matching what I want in a job. As a seasoned hotel manager I twice turned down more from Kemmon Wilsonís company the founder of the modern hotel business. That wasnít the only times either.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2018, 03:32:57 pm »

Once again IF itís such common knowledge then you should be able to easily prove it. Maybe we did and maybe we didnít. Not once have I heard Coach say he asked and was turned down. Do I think we might have, maybe and maybe not. If maybe then obviously Brent had reasons he thought he should turn it down and maybe no amount of money would have made the difference.

rinds

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2018, 03:46:26 pm »

Once again IF itís such common knowledge then you should be able to easily prove it. Maybe we did and maybe we didnít. Not once have I heard Coach say he asked and was turned down. Do I think we might have, maybe and maybe not. If maybe then obviously Brent had reasons he thought he should turn it down and maybe no amount of money would have made the difference.

google it it's everywhere. If your to lazy to do that just read some old threads on here.

rinds

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2018, 04:01:36 pm »

I donít have a high horse you do. You say it has to be worth it yet you do so in the context of more money. That is NOT always the deciding factor or even a consideration to some. Sure sometimes coaches move for more money but that is usually only one reason for them. They also are usually moving up when they do that. Sometimes coaches actually move for equal or less money as well. Sometimes no amount of money is going to make a difference. Iíve actaully turned down more money more than once before due to location and the company culture not matching what I want in a job. As a seasoned hotel manager I twice turned down more from Kemmon Wilsonís company the founder of the modern hotel business. That wasnít the only times either.

Never did I say money was the deciding factor of course there are other factors. I said you going to have to over pay to give security just because we think we can win a NC doesn't mean everyone wants to bet there career on it. Good for you you can make a decision but some are not so lucky or have that option. I have too more than once turn down more money but as you know not all money is equal 15% raise in LA is a joke how I live in Texas, the taxes alone are that much doesn't make you some sort of saint just smart business.  Like BV turn down Arkansas when you built a NC contender why start over for even close to the same money? That's kind of been my point of this whole thread.

PorkSoda

« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2018, 04:05:30 pm »

Never did I say money was the deciding factor of course there are other factors. I said you going to have to over pay to give security just because we think we can win a NC doesn't mean everyone wants to bet there career on it. Good for you you can make a decision but some are not so lucky or have that option. I have too more than once turn down more money but as you know not all money is equal 15% raise in LA is a joke how I live in Texas, the taxes alone are that much doesn't make you some sort of saint just smart business.  Like BV turn down Arkansas when you built a NC contender why start over for even close to the same money? That's kind of been my point of this whole thread.

um no, the point you were trying to make is that we didn't try hard enough to get him, because he obviously wanted to come here, we just wouldn't give him what he wanted.

now you want to say, "well he was never coming here anyway" which is what everyone was trying to tell you in the first place.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2018, 04:10:49 pm »

iF you said over pay then you are in effect saying make that the deciding factor and thus money is most important.

cityhog

• THE City
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2018, 04:11:57 pm »

I am not talking about the rank and file, I am talking the big money folks. We don't need to cheat but it seems we try to low ball when it comes to assistant coaches. Personally I believe that is why Gus didn't come here which I am glad for but did they really try to get him? There are some that are in it for the fight but some seem happy to just make money and be O.K.

Well we do live in the land of Save money, live better. Do the math.

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2018, 04:14:50 pm »

What ta hell is going on around here?

rinds

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2018, 04:16:36 pm »

um no, the point you were trying to make is that we didn't try hard enough to get him, because he obviously wanted to come here, we just wouldn't give him what he wanted.

now you want to say, "well he was never coming here anyway" which is what everyone was trying to tell you in the first place.

What? I said we did not offer enough money for him to change jobs from a NC contender to a upstart. No where did I say he was never coming here anyway no where not even close to that! you need to learn to read.

rinds

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2018, 04:19:22 pm »

iF you said over pay then you are in effect saying make that the deciding factor and thus money is most important.

important does not equal most important. He would want security he has that in Clemson why would he give it up for free? If we don't win with CM and I where BV I would want what I think I would of made at Clemson for those years and after that is just logical.

PorkSoda

« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2018, 04:20:30 pm »

What? I said we did not offer enough money for him to change jobs from a NC contender to a upstart. No where did I say he was never coming here anyway no where not even close to that! you need to learn to read.

"Like BV turn down Arkansas when you built a NC contender why start over for even close to the same money"

"Never did I say money was the deciding factor"

"it seems we try to low ball when it comes to assistant coaches"

you need to make up your mind, you flip flop more than an epileptic politician

Hog_Swanson

• WWWWD?
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2018, 04:37:12 pm »

They both did. Jerry Rice could offer a top ten coach $15M a year to coach at MVSU and would have zero takers. It's not always about the money.
I would take that deal.

rinds

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2018, 04:37:23 pm »

"Like BV turn down Arkansas when you built a NC contender why start over for even close to the same money"

"Never did I say money was the deciding factor"

"it seems we try to low ball when it comes to assistant coaches"

you need to make up your mind, you flip flop more than an epileptic politician

Wow, let me make it simple for you.
1. The point of this thread is we didn't offer enough money for BV to come here.
2. My counter point was we could of offered more and he would of taken the job.

The only think flipping is your reading comprehension. Those 2 points have been the same from the first thread. We try to low ball our assistant coaches. We try to get them on the cheap. That is why  ( In my opinion) we did not get BV. Do you follow that?

PorkSoda

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2018, 04:47:06 pm »

Wow, let me make it simple for you.
1. The point of this thread is we didn't offer enough money for BV to come here.
2. My counter point was we could of offered more and he would of taken the job.

The only think flipping is your reading comprehension. Those 2 points have been the same from the first thread. We try to low ball our assistant coaches. We try to get them on the cheap. That is why  ( In my opinion) we did not get BV. Do you follow that?

so money is the deciding factor?

rinds

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2018, 04:52:49 pm »

so money is the deciding factor?

or security? what do you think about that? you think winning a NC and being in 3 BCS  gives him some security at Clemson? You think he has some credibility built up at Clemson? good Lord!

PorkSoda

« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2018, 04:54:45 pm »

or security? what do you think about that? you think winning a NC and being in 3 BCS  gives him some security at Clemson? You think he has some credibility built up at Clemson? good Lord!
so why then do you think you can buy him with money?

flip flop flip flop, every post at this point.

rinds

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2018, 04:59:35 pm »

so why then do you think you can buy him with money?

flip flop flip flop, every post at this point.

Where did I say I was going to buy him. I don't have 3mil.

PorkSoda

« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2018, 05:03:49 pm »

Where did I say I was going to buy him. I don't have 3mil.
oh, so you want to buy him with someone else's money?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas